Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
LastLast
  1. #281
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    37,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How is he slapping the left?
    Shortly after the election prominent establishment democrats blamed the "left" for why the election was close neverminding the fact they had indeed won seats. After, Biden muses about mending the wounding and reaching out to the right. Accounting he is considering republicans and wants to build a liaison to reach out to the Republicans.

    That is a slap in the face of progressives. To be blamed by the establishment, and then for the president-elect to muse about how we need to reach out to the right and create a liaison. Not to mention what happened just recently where he went off speaking with the civil rights leaders saying when it came to Charlottesville he was the only one to say anything and progressive didn't do anything.... because yeah that's who you think about not caring about Charlottesville... the progressives... and the wave of firsts... and the diversity that are the progressives now in the house... that's totally who wasn't talking about race issues around Charlottesville, the ones who are being told to go back to where they came from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  2. #282
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    57,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Shortly after the election prominent establishment democrats blamed the "left" for why the election was close neverminding the fact they had indeed won seats. After, Biden muses about mending the wounding and reaching out to the right. Accounting he is considering republicans and wants to build a liaison to reach out to the Republicans.
    But, Biden’s running mate is Harris. She is the one that pushed 2k back in may, with Bernie. Biden’s speeches have been consistently been pushing at least some ideology... while trying to appeal to 75 million people you have to live with. If it was a left version of Trump, that would shit on parts of America, just because they voted Trump... I wouldn’t have voted...

    To use M4A as an example, the same people that supported Tulsi’s Medicare Plus, are now attacking AOC for not forcing a vote on M4A. Despite the fact that Tulsi’s Medicare Plus, is the same as Biden’s single payer. Why is it progressive when Tulsi does it, but becomes compromising with the right, for Biden?

    That is a slap in the face of progressives. To be blamed by the establishment, and then for the president-elect to muse about how we need to reach out to the right and create a liaison. Not to mention what happened just recently where he went off speaking with the civil rights leaders saying when it came to Charlottesville he was the only one to say anything and progressive didn't do anything.... because yeah that's who you think about not caring about Charlottesville... the progressives... and the wave of firsts... and the diversity that are the progressives now in the house... that's totally who wasn't talking about race issues around Charlottesville, the ones who are being told to go back to where they came from.
    Have you considered that Biden considers him self on the same side as progressives, thus believes that he doesn’t need to pander to those on whose behalf he is already acting on?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  3. #283
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    37,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    But, Biden’s running mate is Harris. She is the one that pushed 2k back in may, with Bernie. Biden’s speeches have been consistently been pushing at least some ideology... while trying to appeal to 75 million people you have to live with. If it was a left version of Trump, that would shit on parts of America, just because they voted Trump... I wouldn’t have voted...

    To use M4A as an example, the same people that supported Tulsi’s Medicare Plus, are now attacking AOC for not forcing a vote on M4A. Despite the fact that Tulsi’s Medicare Plus, is the same as Biden’s single payer. Why is it progressive when Tulsi does it, but becomes compromising with the right, for Biden?



    Have you considered that Biden considers him self on the same side as progressives, thus believes that he doesn’t need to pander to those on whose behalf he is already acting on?
    Then he’s delusional if he thinks what progressives want are board members of arms companies in the cabinet.

    He isn’t progressive he’s centrist. His whole platform is about a return to normalcy. He literally called this whole trump era an aberration. Even though it clearly isn’t... so he’s either out of touch or ignorant or politicking. I’m going for out of touch and ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Then he’s delusional if he thinks what progressives want are board members of arms companies in the cabinet.

    He isn’t progressive he’s centrist. His whole platform is about a return to normalcy. He literally called this whole trump era an aberration. Even though it clearly isn’t... so he’s either out of touch or ignorant or politicking. I’m going for out of touch and ignorant.
    No, we want Pro M4A people as HHS secretary.

  5. #285
    Scarab Lord Poopymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    4,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    fucking McConnel too stupid to realize 90+% of the internet would shut down the hour after they repealed 230 since every word posted would become an instant liability. Every video. Every picture. Everything.

    Day 2 would be you having to identify yourself to every single web site you visit with govt issued identification so that those same companies could turn around and sue you for damages they incur because of your actions.


    But i guess he needed to add something they knew would never pass so they could tell the republican sheep and media grifters they can now blame lurbals again......even though those same entities would be sued into oblivion. No more free passes for fox and friends.
    Pass it. Pass that motherfucker. Get the 2K checks out. Once shit goes south, after say January 20th, EO it back in. Challenge it? "Oh, you WANT to shut down the internet again after I unfucked what you did?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Pass it. Pass that motherfucker. Get the 2K checks out. Once shit goes south, after say January 20th, EO it back in. Challenge it? "Oh, you WANT to shut down the internet again after I unfucked what you did?"
    Exactly this. Democrats should vote to pass it but point out that the amendment is all McTurtles doing so any consequences coming from it belong to him. That they don't want it but are willing to compromise to give republicans what they want in order to allow the $2K checks to go out. Then republicans can either pass it along with democrats and watch it destroy the internet as we know it, or vote it down and show everyone exactly the games they are playing.

    I think McTurtle has badly screwed up with this. Call his bluff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    I don't think I ever hide the fact I was a national socialist. The fact I am a German one is what technically makes me a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    You haven't seen nothing yet, we trumpsters will definitely be getting some cool uniforms soon I hope.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Not to mention what happened just recently where he went off speaking with the civil rights leaders saying when it came to Charlottesville he was the only one to say anything and progressive didn't do anything.... because yeah that's who you think about not caring about Charlottesville... the progressives... and the wave of firsts... and the diversity that are the progressives now in the house... that's totally who wasn't talking about race issues around Charlottesville, the ones who are being told to go back to where they came from.
    That especially pissed me off because some of the people wounded in Charlottesville were members of the IWW, a leftist organization. But yeah totally Joe, no one to the left of you cared about or said anything about Charlottesville.

    https://archive.iww.org/content/afte...nd-each-other/

    After today's murder in Charlottesville, we must all unite to defend ourselves and each other.



    We are horrified but not surprised at the rise of political violence and murder from the Alt Right and other fascist groups across the country. Today's murder was not an isolated incident, but is the latest in a string of violent attacks and murders from fascists. These include the shooting of an IWW/GDC member in Seattle, the stabbing double murder on the Portland MAX train, and the recent bombing of Dar Al Farooq mosque in Minnesota, among many others.

    Fascism is a deadly threat to all of us. There is no escape from the demand that we confront it. Politicians, the police, and the university will not save us. We cannot vote our way to safety. As always, police aided and protected the fascists, while permitting and assisting wholesale violence against counter-protesters. University officials refused to use campus security to protect students and others from a gang of hundreds of fascists.

    The General Defense Committee calls upon all people who value human life, freedom, and dignity, to enter the struggle against fascism in every way they can. Give to the fundraisers for survivors and surviving family members of today's fascist murder. Talk to your family and friends, your coworkers and neighbors, and determine a way to directly and concretely confront fascist hate wherever it appears. If you can, join your local General Defense Committee or another local antifascist group.

    We may be entering a new stage of struggle. We are determined to meet the challenges ahead of us. We will beat back and defeat the fascists. We must defend each other. That means all of us.

    An injury to one is an injury to all.

    The General Defense Committee (GDC) of the Industrial Workers of the World (IWW)
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2020-12-30 at 01:23 AM.

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Oh, it’s going up for a vote now... 2k and an end to social media in US? All set?
    Democrats absolutely cannot just fold when McConnell puts poison pills in legislation like this.

    There are two decent choices.

    Vote for it anyways, with all democrats voting for it.
    Vote against it, with all democrats voting against it.

    They are completely different strategies.

    In either case, the democratic Senators have to explain loudly and to any news organization that will listen as to the reasoning behind the decision. And then Biden has to publicly support whatever decision the Senators go with.

    And, ya know, what COULD happen is that the democratic Senators and Joe Biden could coordinate their efforts before the vote even happens.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Exactly this. Democrats should vote to pass it but point out that the amendment is all McTurtles doing so any consequences coming from it belong to him. That they don't want it but are willing to compromise to give republicans what they want in order to allow the $2K checks to go out. Then republicans can either pass it along with democrats and watch it destroy the internet as we know it, or vote it down and show everyone exactly the games they are playing.

    I think McTurtle has badly screwed up with this. Call his bluff.
    They should, but they're gonna surrender. God I hope I'm wrong.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    They should, but they're gonna surrender. God I hope I'm wrong.
    Right now the two republican Senators have come out to the left of Biden.

    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/odds-fisca...205100545.html

    Title: At odds with fiscal conservatism, Georgia's GOP candidates support Trump's demand for $2,000 stimulus checks

    Excerpt:

    "I've stood by the president 100% of the time. I'm proud to do that... We need to get relief to Americans now and I will support that," Sen. Kelly Loeffler said during an interview Tuesday on Fox News.

    "I'm delighted to support the president in this $2,000 -- it's really a $1,400 increment over what we've already done... I think this is absolutely appropriate, so I fully support what the president is doing right now," Sen. David Perdue said in a later interview on Fox News, adding that he was "delighted" Trump signed the new COVID-19 relief bill into law, saying he spoke to him about the bill "many times over the weekend (and) over the holiday."
    There is a very high probability that McConnell and the two republicans coordinated this message with the idea that the two Georgia Senators will never have to vote yes, or if they do the votes won't matter (for example, the other republican Senators all vote No and defeat the bill anyways).

    On the one hand the political strategy being implemented by the republicans is very good and effective politics, and completely validates and coordinates with their campaign ads. On the other hand this does not necessarily mean that democrats have to bow down before them in submissive surrender.

    It completely matters whether or not Biden and the democrats fight hard on this.

  11. #291
    lmao what an absolute clown




  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    lmao what an absolute clown



    And this clown is currently Senator. And has a decent shot at winning reelection.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Right now the two republican Senators have come out to the left of Biden.

    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/odds-fisca...205100545.html

    Title: At odds with fiscal conservatism, Georgia's GOP candidates support Trump's demand for $2,000 stimulus checks

    Excerpt:



    There is a very high probability that McConnell and the two republicans coordinated this message with the idea that the two Georgia Senators will never have to vote yes, or if they do the votes won't matter (for example, the other republican Senators all vote No and defeat the bill anyways).

    On the one hand the political strategy being implemented by the republicans is very good and effective politics, and completely validates and coordinates with their campaign ads. On the other hand this does not necessarily mean that democrats have to bow down before them in submissive surrender.

    It completely matters whether or not Biden and the democrats fight hard on this.
    Well the one that came up from the house won't even come up for a vote my guess. The poison bill, which than has to pass back through the house, which has already adjourned, if miraculously passed, wouldn't matter cause the house is adjourned. But they need to call McConnell's bluff on the poison bill because it paints them as the bad guys when it doesn't get's 60 votes, but they never face consequenses for being the bad guys so it's whatever, but if the Dem's bow in submission, damnit I hope I'm wrong. It's quite possible both will be blocked for vote, but if either one does every dem needs to vote yes.

  14. #294
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    22,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    And this clown is currently Senator. And has a decent shot at winning reelection.
    The timestamps are what do it for me.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  15. #295
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    lmao what an absolute clown

    Weird, I don't see the Dec. 28 post anywhere on his timeline. Nor any record of it or reporting on it. You got a link?

    https://twitter.com/Perduesenate/sta...43989804867585

    Second one exists.

    I don't know why folks keep trusting random screengrabs in the year of our lord 2020. I mean, fuck Perdue and I hope he gets his ass kicked, but like, this looks pretty obviously fake.

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Pass it. Pass that motherfucker. Get the 2K checks out. Once shit goes south, after say January 20th, EO it back in. Challenge it? "Oh, you WANT to shut down the internet again after I unfucked what you did?"
    lol the 2k won't cover a pittance of the cost of the destruction in the economy and jobs if something like that passed.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  17. #297
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    37,989
    A Republican congressman elect died

    This tweet tickled me.


    Luke Letlow was not wearing a mask at his runoff victory party Dec 5. He said we need to open the economy & live with COVID. Now he died with COVID & will never be sworn in. His beautiful wife, 3-year old son & 9-mo old daughter will take cold comfort in the stock market
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  18. #298
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    57,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Vote for it anyways, with all democrats voting for it.
    Vote against it, with all democrats voting against it.
    One then nukes the economy, costing 1000s of jobs, or the one that makes them look less progressive than Trump?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Pass it. Pass that motherfucker. Get the 2K checks out. Once shit goes south, after say January 20th, EO it back in. Challenge it? "Oh, you WANT to shut down the internet again after I unfucked what you did?"
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Exactly this. Democrats should vote to pass it but point out that the amendment is all McTurtles doing so any consequences coming from it belong to him. That they don't want it but are willing to compromise to give republicans what they want in order to allow the $2K checks to go out. Then republicans can either pass it along with democrats and watch it destroy the internet as we know it, or vote it down and show everyone exactly the games they are playing.
    This is myopic... If it’s repealed, we will need another round of stimulus, for an additional reason to covid. It’s the same logic that costs people a week of unemployment, which for some is over 600, because of a single payment of 600. There are millions of people on unemployment, were 300 addition to unemployment, is 1200 a month... resulting in more than 2000, in 2 months, while lasting for 3.

    Don’t think of it as social media just pausing until Biden is president... think of all the people who keep social media running, that will lose jobs during the pause.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Democrats should respond by adding M4A to it... making a total clusterfuck... televise it like a game... every Wednesday, we present democrats and republicans, introducing new amendments to the stimulus bill... the longest running sitcom on MojoVision...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  19. #299
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    20,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Imagine having a president-elect who took this opportunity to make the case for why we need $2k checks or using this as an opportunity to help Democrats in the Georgia runoffs instead of this lazy bullshit

    https://twitter.com/wideofthepost/st...63113292439557
    So your issue is he said yes? Does he need to say yes for 10 minutes for you to be happy?


    This is just fucking stupid to complain about while having said nothing about Trump for 4 years.

    Stop being a huge steaming hypocrite. People might actually care what you say if you went such a hypocrite.
    I have a fan. Seems he was permabanned.
    Yo, don't mind my "street talk"

  20. #300
    Excited for January 21st!
    When all of our anti-establishment kids on this site suddenly realizes that the vaccine distribution has been a clusterfuck and jump over each other to condemn the president as a blood-soaked murderer for letting this happen.

    Calling it now, the Intercept and Kyle Kulinski copypasta will rush here to condemn "Joe BIden's power grab by using the DPA to force companies to make more vaccines, more masks and more PPE".

    Who writes the first "biden/neoliberal vax handling has failed us" post?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •