Poll: Favorite Toppings to go on a pizza!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    A fan of mixture of ground hot Italian sausage and ground beef at an 4:1 ratio.

thin crust.
    spinach, mushrooms, olives, grilled chicken pieces. with tomato sauce naturaly. sometimes I feel like bell peppers and tomato slices, sometimes I don't. I'm also partial to chopped up broccoli. I just like my pizza with veggies. (though to be honest, I haven't had store bought pizza in ages, been making my own for years now. its not the most traditional, but I like it. and... i don't have to soak up all the extra oil from it with a napkin, the way I used to do with bought pizzas.)

P.S. none of the chains that I've tried come even close to a little hole in a wall pizza place I used to go to in Brooklyn. still had to soak up the extra oil though...

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I haven't had store bought pizza in ages, been making my own for years now.
    Do you just make your own dough or do you buy pre-made stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Do you just make your own dough or do you buy pre-made stuff?
    make my own when I have the energy - cheat and use flour tortillas when I don't (don't @me, the texture is not quite right, but like 80% of the reason i like pizza is the toppings anyways - dough is just a delivery system).

another benefit of making my own is that I can control the size and don't end up with leftovers. reheated pizza is not by any means awful, but fresh is just better in every single way.

P.S. we can our own sauce from home grown San Marzano tomatoes, but I'm about 99% certain you can buy them canned in most supermarkets and make it that way.

1) Pepperoni
    2) Italian Sausage
    3) Grounded Beef
    4) Grilled Chicken (always count as 2 topping fml!!!)
    5) Salami
    6) Bacon Crust
    7) Ham

I need to go all meat bruhhh I am a meat loverrr

(vegetable that works well with me are jalapeno or mushrooms is fine)

5+ Year Old Account

Frozen pizzas!

There are some really nice frozen pizzas out there!

What's the best brand of frozen pizza today? What's your favorite? Me and my family back in the day always got Red Baron's. Fast forward to today, it is DiGiorno. DiGiorno Stuffed Crust!

Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post
    What's the best brand of frozen pizza today? What's your favorite? Me and my family back in the day always got Red Baron's. Fast forward to today, it is DiGiorno. DiGiorno Stuffed Crust!
    I actually like tombstone pizzas. They're absolute garbage and I love them with half a bottle of cholula (my go-to hot sauce for frozen pizza, as opposed to el yucateco for everything else). As far as actually tasting like pizzas, digiorno has the best frozen pizzas that I've tried (and definitely not stuffed crust). I haven't ordered the frozen ones from malnati's/gino's but I don't want to tarnish the experience with trying those places when they're not fresh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    make my own when I have the energy - cheat and use flour tortillas when I don't (don't @me, the texture is not quite right, but like 80% of the reason i like pizza is the toppings anyways - dough is just a delivery system).
    I've never made my own dough, do you have a suggested recipe?

Also, as far as tortillas for pizza, there's a place near me that serves them. Fried in oil first, then convection cooked (I think) for the toppings. It's not weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I actually like tombstone pizzas. They're absolute garbage and I love them with half a bottle of cholula (my go-to hot sauce for frozen pizza, as opposed to el yucateco for everything else). As far as actually tasting like pizzas, digiorno has the best frozen pizzas that I've tried (and definitely not stuffed crust). I haven't ordered the frozen ones from malnati's/gino's but I don't want to tarnish the experience with trying those places when they're not fresh.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never made my own dough, do you have a suggested recipe?

Also, as far as tortillas for pizza, there's a place near me that serves them. Fried in oil first, then convection cooked (I think) for the toppings. It's not weird.
    I used to buy frozen pizzas few years back - this one was my favorite, I'd just add my own mushrooms, olives, a bit or dried oregano and some extra shredded cheese on top. https://www.virtuosopizza.com/produc...soned-chicken/

as for the dough I just do a very basic recipe, I don't remember where specifically I got it, but its pretty much this one https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-1921714 its not the best way to do it as as far as I know, but its easy enough so works for me. (I also split it into servings and freeze most of it for later - just split into balls, cover with oil, put into freezer bags (each ball of dough individually) and chuck it in a freezer. just let it defrost on a counter when ready to use). also... I know that it makes the dough flatter. I know. but i haven't mastered an art of stretching it, so I just roll it out.

I don't fry my tortillas though, I just take a basic small wheat one, add toppings and chuck it in the oven until cheese melts.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2020-11-23 at 04:41 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pineapple is fine on pizza so long as you pair it with other toppings to balance out it's sweetness. Something spicy like peppers is ideal.

7+ Year Old Account
    You all with that Pineapple crap need to realize that it is severe blasphemy to put that on a pizza. Not to mention disgusting. Surprised with current gen their isn't a avocado option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Pineapple is fine on pizza so long as you pair it with other toppings to balance out it's sweetness. Something spicy like peppers is ideal.
    I usually see it advertised locally with ham.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    You all with that Pineapple crap need to realize that it is severe blasphemy to put that on a pizza. Not to mention disgusting. Surprised with current gen their isn't a avocado option.

- - - Updated - - -

I usually see it advertised locally with ham.
    Avocados don't survive the oven that's why
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.

Jalapenos is the only topping I have on all my pizzas.
    Do you hear the voices too?

My pizza place had these during 2018 football world world cup. I wish they would make it again (red onions, home fries, bacon, extra cheese)

Anyone like those specialty pizza places that have every type of sauce/topping imaginable? I like the mac & cheese ones and once had a really good potato au gratin pizza (with ham chunks).

I am not picky, I will eat most any pizza.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a pizza with capers on it once, and only once. I place it among the most disgusting things I've ever eaten. When I say eaten, I mean I couldn't manage more than a few bites, it was so bad.

Need some Buffalo chicken too.

5+ Year Old Account

Best Side Dishes that goes along with Pizza!

Bread sticks
    Chicken Wings
    Caesar Salad
    More?

7+ Year Old Account
    30 mins from heaven: I've got a large sour dough crust pizza topped with pepperoni, pineapple, and jalapenos heading my way.

5+ Year Old Account

Spicy Chicken Pizza!

I've never tried Spicy Chicken Pizza but this image looks really good! I just want to eat this image thru my computer monitor, lol.

I would like to bump my pizza thread lol. Sorry, I mean Our Pizza Thread here on Mmo-champion Forums!

Let's continue talking about the most popular food in the world: Pizza!

(is bumping threads still a thing?)
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2021-07-24 at 04:55 PM.