Is there a point to use crafting professions over just 2 gathering ones in SL?

Hey, I was a bit off this game lately, never bothered with gold and I see Im absolutely broke (pvp life, rip). Im wondering whats the best way to get some early expansion gold. Is it better to use 2 gathering profs or gather + craft for somebody who dont have millions of gold to invest at start or in general? I was thinking about learning engineering, because its fun, but not sure if I can justify it over just gathering and selling.
    Last edited by Nikeyla; 2020-11-19 at 07:22 AM.

Crafting provides nothing you can't buy from other players.

To get the recipe for next rank legendary template you'll have to craft several of the first rank. And you'll need only one for yourself. So excess templates will be cheap. Etc.

Two gathering professions will get you the most gold.

Early easy money is usually done with 2x gather.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Crafting provides nothing you can't buy from other players.

To get the recipe for next rank legendary template you'll have to craft several of the first rank. And you'll need only one for yourself. So excess templates will be cheap. Etc.

Two gathering professions will get you the most gold.
    Not true. There are several unique bonuses from crafting professions.

Alch as an example has double duration on flasks and the trinket that gives you more hp/mana from potions which is great for healers and arcane mages.

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikeyla View Post
    Hey, I was a bit off this game lately, never bothered with gold and I see Im absolutely broke (pvp life, rip). Im wondering whats the best way to get some early expansion gold. Is it better to use 2 gathering profs or gather + craft for somebody who dont have millions of gold to invest at start or in general? I was thinking about learning engineering, because its fun, but not sure if I can justify it over just gathering and selling.
    If you have no starting capital, no knowledge of the market, and, most importantly, no desire to play the auction house, then double gathering is definitely the way to go. That said, you don't really need to have gathering professions on your main so picking up engineering for fun is totally fine. Just level your main asap and gather with an alt (preferably druid) through the Threads of Fate system.