Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Regardless of any other factors: 13 years is a really damn long time to be with one company this day and age, especially in tech.

Sometimes it's just time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Right, you're just burned out.
    No, it just has developed into a direction that i no longer enjoy.

And i'm not really burned out, because for some reason i still enjoy the older iterations of the game, funny how that works, it's almost like making random assumptions about people's taste is just straight stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Obviously the game pleases an awful lot of people as it's still going strong 16 years later.
    It's going strong financially and, as Blizzard puts, "there are better ways to measure the success than subscribers".

And whether most subscribers are happy with the current state of WoW or are just playing it out of a sunk cost fallacy or lack of alternatives is also something you don't exactly know.

Point is, the game attempts to cater to multiple tastes at once, which simply comes at the detriment of each individual taste, especially when they are diametrically opposed to each other.

Oh, i'm still waiting for that source on this whole "Blizzard has a huge retention rate of their employees" thing.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-11-24 at 07:01 PM.