Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Because ppl bitching about being forced to pvp don’t do any of the other things that are “forced”

    You aren’t forced to pvp for the big weapon if you are 4/10n and do no m+

    The fact top players are forced to do it to be competitive is bad but the ones whining about it in this thread aren’t at that point
    this is also my point exactly, most people who constantly bitch about getting "forced" to play pvp/pve are those who arent even considered to be hardcore, few may be hardcore but then if you are not racing for world first or if you arent going for let say top 50 then you arent forced to do shit, and if you want to go that far, then you have to take some sacrifices to make better gear, some of that sacrifice is with gold, some is with being 2.2k in rating which isnt an easy job at all, thus not made for usual non pvpers.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    I'm glad someone is finally saying it. I agree 100% that they should remove gear rewards from mythic raids.
    The whole thing with pve/pvp imo and very true with their whole mindset with shadowlands IS that you should be free to do the content what ever you like and feel competitive. My view on this is that Mythic should get equal rewards as high rated pvp always. So it doesn't matter which of the two you do in terms of rewards. So you don't feel forced in one of the two. Setbonus/trinket effects could be the offset versus pvp that would offer different things, for example on use effects on armor, short front boost on gloves, small healing buff or dot on shoulders etc etc.

    But I have to say.. I used to be more of a pvper (still sorta am) but I hate to do some computer routine with 24 others placers and fail on pacman stuff, but I have to do it to get the best rewards etc, I mean wiping on that knowing that some one failed the dance routine can feel like a drag for me, it's essentially the Same thing.

    I more and more start to like pve content again afther quitting that afther bc, but just because the encounters and envoirments we are fighting in add to the story and feel of the expansion obviously more then the same arena or bg walls over 16 years.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-01-04 at 07:33 PM.

  3. #223
    You are not forced into anything, even if you're cutting edge at the moment, the race is over. anyone outside of the top 3 is forgotten about. You guys will still get your challenging kill without PVP gear, and if it's about a higher rank on wow progress, don't bother... no one cares outside the actual world first race you're wasting your time.

  4. #224
    Yes, I wish blizzard would stop forcing players into undesirable situations.

    I already pay a subscription, give me freedom. I'm entitled to at least that much.

  5. #225
    Elemental Lord Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    8,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Erlking View Post
    Lolololololol wow......
    Do you have any idea what you are talking about? First of all in SL pvp gear is time gated behind renown which will take 2 months to unlock and second of all pvp gear now requires massive grind of 40-60s of continuous pvp with high win rate and lastly in Legion and BfA every pvper had to raid and do mythic plus to gear up. So go cry somewhere else.
    Why do any research or put any thought into a post when no matter how wrong the OP is people will agree with them?
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  6. #226
    Why not just quit?

    recovering former gaming addict

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    Better players get better rewards, stop crying like an entitled 8 year old who didnt get the newest version of Iphones for christmas.

    It is not Spamable, like M+ is. You are gated weekly with how much loot you can get from PVP, 550 Conquest, and 1 Item from the great vault.

    Also not sure what the 216 ilvl was for, its 233 max ilvl for weapons, 226 for every other piece of equipment.

    any baboon can get 1800, literally boosting my guildies to 1800 on my 3rd char at 190 ilvl. thats 220 ilvl loot, play 1 game a week, cap with 2 Battlegrounds, and ur done.

    No reason to force urself to get 2.1k if ur struggling this hard for 6 extra ilvl's that are gonna be replaced from PvE loot via the raid / great vault anyways.

    - - - Updated - - -



    the pvp loot is pretty much all vers stacked. if vers is a good stat for you 6 overall ilvls is gonna be anywhere from 2-4%

    if ur something like a Mage or Warlock, it should be ~2%

    But ur not getting 6 overall ilvls, ur getting a couple of pieces at most so 0.1% seems fairly accurate.

    Claiming it is atleast 10% just proves how clueless you are.

    - - - Updated - - -



    ehhhhh

    You wouldnt happen to play a Boomy/Pally/warrior/WW/priest?
    No and Yes, UH DK which is just fantastic I have so much fun just disrupting all plans the other team has with Slappy Hands and the sheer AOE rapefest I cause, and just started to mess around with Holy Pally and have had a blast with 3's on him.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Because ppl bitching about being forced to pvp don’t do any of the other things that are “forced”

    You aren’t forced to pvp for the big weapon if you are 4/10n and do no m+

    The fact top players are forced to do it to be competitive is bad but the ones whining about it in this thread aren’t at that point
    WHat makes you think we arent?

    I'm not in a top 500 guild but my guild does to progression seriously. If i fall behind because of bad luck with a weapon from pve, i have to grind that conquest to get it from pvp.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    I'm glad someone is finally saying it. I agree 100% that they should remove gear rewards from mythic raids.
    You are joking but i'd be on board with that.
    No gear from top end activities would keep the game skill based and more balanced. It would also prevent the absurd power scaling during an expansion. Rewards would still exist, but be cosmetic.

    It is definitly something worth pondering.

  10. #230
    Bloodsail Admiral Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You are joking but i'd be on board with that.
    No gear from top end activities would keep the game skill based and more balanced. It would also prevent the absurd power scaling during an expansion. Rewards would still exist, but be cosmetic.

    It is definitly something worth pondering.
    It's worth a thought but then you'd never have progression in any form of player power if the gear never gets better. The next tier would have to do the same damage as the previous tier or you couldn't keep up.

    You also need to keep in mind that not all guilds are top tier and some do rely on the drops to give them the ability to clear mythic.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Except PvP is the niche portion of this game. Not PvE. It's a vastly bigger inconvenience to PvE'ers. Thankfully after 2-3 weeks we'll never have to touch the shithole that is pvP again
    What about in the next content tier?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I wish you people would stop trotting this out. The name has nothing to do with PvP and is a stretch by you to reinforce a shit aspect of the game only an extreme minority participate in. Also Warcraft hasn't been about a faction war in forever, even BFA which was supposed to bring it back merely joked around the topic.

    So let it die please.
    What % of the population do you consider to be an extreme minority?

    Are you under the impression there are fewer people interested in PvP than there are in mythic raiding?

    Just doing some napkin math here, according to wowprogres there are (as of this writing) 3516 guilds that have killed at least 10/10 heroic (so this would include all guilds currently attempting to get their first mythic kill+all guilds who have killed at least 1 mythic boss). If you assume 30 raiders per guild, that's 105,000ish players who are doing Mythic raiding.

    The game has like, what, 6 million, 8 million players? I don't know the exact number of course, but it's laughable to think there are less people interested in and doing PvP. You claim "an extreme minority", do you live under the delusion that there's like 10,000 people who want PvP and 5+million who have no interest in it?

    If there's 8 million players and 105,000 of them are doing Mythic raiding that's 1.3% of the playerbase. That's an extreme minority. I'd wager at least 5% of the population is interested in PvP.

    Do you have any evidence to refute any of this or to back up your claims?
    Last edited by Monoxide; 2021-01-05 at 12:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    You are joking but i'd be on board with that.
    No gear from top end activities would keep the game skill based and more balanced. It would also prevent the absurd power scaling during an expansion. Rewards would still exist, but be cosmetic.

    It is definitly something worth pondering.
    Players doing the hardest content in the game should be rewarded with the best gear. One of the remaining rpg aspects of the game.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    It's worth a thought but then you'd never have progression in any form of player power if the gear never gets better. The next tier would have to do the same damage as the previous tier or you couldn't keep up.

    You also need to keep in mind that not all guilds are top tier and some do rely on the drops to give them the ability to clear mythic.
    Huh? Not getting your train of thought there. It's obvious the content would be balanced around it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Players doing the hardest content in the game should be rewarded with the best gear. One of the remaining rpg aspects of the game.
    I mean... it's not like it's a written rule. There are more rewards than ilvl.

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Huh? Not getting your train of thought there. It's obvious the content would be balanced around it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I mean... it's not like it's a written rule. There are more rewards than ilvl.
    There are, but since ilvl is basicly the biggest reward you can get, the hardest content should award it. makes sense

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    There are, but since ilvl is basicly the biggest reward you can get, the hardest content should award it. makes sense
    For you iLvL might be the biggest reward you can get for others it's just a tool to get what they see as the biggest reward.

  16. #236
    Only read thread title.
    Have been forced to pve to pvp for a long time.
    I HOPE you feel like you have to pvp to pve because it would be hilarious to play "opposite day" for a little while.

  17. #237
    The Insane Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    17,631
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    There are, but since ilvl is basicly the biggest reward you can get, the hardest content should award it. makes sense
    It makes actually very little sense for a number of reasons.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    It makes actually very little sense for a number of reasons.
    "a number of reasons"

    mmh.

    Right

    Yeah you win mate. I just cant argue against that solid logic

  19. #239
    Resilience will fix it.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Yes, I wish blizzard would stop forcing players into undesirable situations.

    I already pay a subscription, give me freedom. I'm entitled to at least that much.
    The only thing you are entitled to with a subscription is access to the servers and play the game. Nothing more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •