Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
20
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I'm not buying ice cream demanding a steak. If you feel like you can not do in the game what you wanna do because the game is the way it is, then stop paying for the game. What is wrong with you. Not everything is centered around your needs.
    Nor is anyone else. It's more like going to a restaurant that serves both steak and icecream, buying steak, and then being angry that they give you a steak smeared with icecream. No one is upset that there's a mechanic in the game that turns you into a zombie, that's just a retarded strawman. People are annoyed that they are being forced into literal PvP wherein people on the same faction get to attempt to one-shot you, despite not playing on a PvP server or flagging for PvP.

  2. #182
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    So these past few days I have been noticing a good number of people in game not very happy with the zombie event and understandably so. People leveling up and having their quest NPCs killed over and over, they themselves are killed over and over due to the zombies being way above their level, and just general griefing throughout the game. There was an argument in general about it and I wanted to chime in but I had too much to say so I thought I'd wait and voice my full opinion about it here.

    Now it doesn't really affect me most of the time since all the characters I play are max level but I did have a situation last night where I was doing the Nathanos WQ and there was a small group of zombies just fucking everything up. I ended up dying a bunch of times and when Nathanos was finally killed I didn't get credit for it since I was dead. So I had to wait until he respawned again. It was pretty annoying since I didn't have a whole lot of time to play and I wanted to get some shit done on there before I had to get off. This is when I started to understand why people hated this event. Like, the event itself is a cool idea and can be fun but the problem is that the douchebags of this game take advantage of it and turn it into a griefing event and that's when it stops being fun.

    I'm not saying they should never do an event like this ever again because I genuinely think this is one of the best pre launch events (favorite was Legion invasions) but at least do something to lessen the amount of griefing that happens. Like, keep the zombie infection in and around the main city areas only instead of letting people go all the way out there so they can fuck up people's questing experience. That way people who don't want to bother with the event have a way to opt out of it and quest in peace. Have npc zombie invasions of the smaller camps and towns that lower level players can participate in and gain exp from. Maybe then more people would've been more welcoming of this event. The way it is now just feels like Blizzard turned on PVP for all servers and called it an event.
    its almost like the event is working as intended and if you dont like it, no one is forcing you to play the game while its active.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    WQ's are fun. Doing the rares in Icecrown is fun. Killing Nathanos is fun. Trying to complete the quests for this event that do happen in the City can be done and should be able to be completed without harrassment. There is a lot of fun to be had.

    OF course on my realm those with Warmode off have basically told Blizzard where to shove it by not participating at all. Immediately kill whatever zombie shows up and go about your business. Blizzard needs to realize that forcing your players to do content like that will always be a failure and that refusing to put in an opt out will not cause more players to partake. THey will simply find ways to avoid it. The devs really are clueless.
    kill them before they kill you. aka git gud.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Nor is anyone else. It's more like going to a restaurant that serves both steak and icecream, buying steak, and then being angry that they give you a steak smeared with icecream. No one is upset that there's a mechanic in the game that turns you into a zombie, that's just a retarded strawman. People are annoyed that they are being forced into literal PvP wherein people on the same faction get to attempt to one-shot you, despite not playing on a PvP server or flagging for PvP.
    No wrong. You knew exactly what will happen this week. You went into the restaurant knowing exactly what you will get served. And if you didn't then that's on you. Blizzard and every stupid fansite talked about this event for months.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The healers are a momentary reprieve before griefers descend upon you once more. I'd almost prefer no healers for all the good they do. This event is literally a griefers wet dream because Blizzard is actively encouraging them to be jerks. On Wyrmrest Accord and Moon Guard, major cities have become full of people hovering in the air or close to a healer because people feel the need to troll roleplayers constantly.
    I can't argue with it being griefer's paradise. I'm not sure its better with or without healers. its pretty shitty either way if you are trying to do anything other then participate in griefing.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You pay for a game that turns you into zombie, saying that you shouldn't be forced to be turned into a zombie.

    I'm not buying ice cream demanding a steak. If you feel like you can not do in the game what you wanna do because the game is the way it is, then stop paying for the game. What is wrong with you. Not everything is centered around your needs.
    Your comparison is incredibly wrong. It's more like I paid for ice cream and you gave me ice cream but it was made with spoiled ingredients. Sure, you gave me ice cream but there's absolutely no way I'm eating it and I'm going to ask for my money back. Forcing players to partake in an event while also expecting them to pay for it is beyond asinine.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    No wrong. You knew exactly what will happen this week. You went into the restaurant knowing exactly what you will get served. And if you didn't then that's on you. Blizzard and every stupid fansite talked about this event for months.
    and every single thing that I've read about it was that IT WOULD BE OPTIONAL. some spoke about it being warmode. not one, NOT ONE SITE that I saw said ANYTHING about autoflagging for pvp. so no. we did NOT know what we were getting into. because silly us, we thought that with introduction of warmode - flagging had to be done manually. not one of us anticipated out FACTION TOWNS being turned into enemy towns when it comes to flagging all of a sudden.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    No wrong. You knew exactly what will happen this week. You went into the restaurant knowing exactly what you will get served. And if you didn't then that's on you. Blizzard and every stupid fansite talked about this event for months.
    No, they didn't. They didn't say "hey players will be allowed to grief quest NPCs, grief players trying to level in low level zones, and grief players trying to run Nathanos and Icecrown rares. Oh and you have no choice about partaking in the event. You are forced to do it whether you like it or not". Because if they had, A LOT of people wouldn't have subbed this month.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    No wrong. You knew exactly what will happen this week. You went into the restaurant knowing exactly what you will get served. And if you didn't then that's on you. Blizzard and every stupid fansite talked about this event for months.
    Link me the Blizzard post saying you will be automatically flagged for PvP. Go ahead, I'll wait.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    and every single thing that I've read about it was that IT WOULD BE OPTIONAL. some spoke about it being warmode. not one, NOT ONE SITE that I saw said ANYTHING about autoflagging for pvp. so no. we did NOT know what we were getting into. because silly us, we thought that with introduction of warmode - flagging had to be done manually. not one of us anticipated out FACTION TOWNS being turned into enemy towns when it comes to flagging all of a sudden.
    What made you think, that turning off WM makes you immune to a zombie invasion? Did Blizzard say that?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Link me the Blizzard post saying you will be automatically flagged for PvP. Go ahead, I'll wait.
    Yes, because being flagged for PvP is the point of the event. Sure mate. Talking about Strawmen.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It isn't a feature, otherwise they wouldn't have watered it down do much. It's hilarious too because if they had just used Warmode for an opt out toggle, they could make it as chaotic as they wanted and nobody would have complained. They are not bright at all.
    They didn't make it WM only because that defeats the entire purpose of the Zombie event.

    You "Scrap bot is an automated sex bot" really need to get over yourselves, the game isn't here just to cater to you, take the good with the bad and just roll with it.

    I know who reported this post, I stand by what I said, regardless of that automated pile of junk.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2020-11-20 at 05:14 AM.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If it was a dead server, why didn't I see dead things - instead of hundreds of living characters?
    Well, since that flew over your head, allow me to unpack it for you. The zombie event has been active for more than 5 minutes, and several servers which I happen to belong to are all experiencing the same thing: A pile of skeletons in the mage tower, auction houses, taverns, and canals, where multiple people are looking for Zombies to infect them so they can then go and one shot other players in that same city. But just in case that is STILL confusing for you:

    My use of the word "dead" implies a lack of activity where as there are so few players around that no one is being infected.

    Just want to make sure I explained it to your liking.
    “Common sense is not so common.” ~ Voltaire

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Yes, because being flagged for PvP is the point of the event. Sure mate. Talking about Strawmen.
    ?????

    Being forced into PvP is what this entire thread is about. Have you not read any of it?

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    What made you think, that turning off WM makes you immune to a zombie invasion? Did Blizzard say that?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yes, because being flagged for PvP is the point of the event. Sure mate. Talking about Strawmen.
    pretty sure they mentioned that you had to opt in to participate. and there are no strawmen but those you are building. autoflagging IS the issue here.

  14. #194
    a mmo game should never have event that forces players to AVOID others players

    and those reactions "you should be forced to participate because I need people to shit on or I won't have the hardon I want" is exactly WHY I play solo on mmo
    I never use WM, I never flag, I hate pvp and if someday blizzard want to DELETE that shit from the game I'll rejoice

    toxic players are being toxic

    and so I won't log until SL launch, I don't have time to waste on stupid kikoo kevin

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    What made you think, that turning off WM makes you immune to a zombie invasion? Did Blizzard say that?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yes, because being flagged for PvP is the point of the event. Sure mate. Talking about Strawmen.
    Do you....even know what a strawman argument is? Being flagged for pvp is NOT what this event is about. Blizzard never mentioned once before the event started that people would be automatically flagged for pvp. Which is a big part of why people are pissed. Forcing pvp on people who don't turn on war mode is god awful design.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    ?????

    Being forced into PvP is what this entire thread is about. Have you not read any of it?
    No, this thread is about being turned into zombies. Exactly what the event should be and exactly what the event was advertised as. If players or npc turn you into zombies is completely irrelevant for the point of "i can't kill rares because i'm killed by zombies so i want my moneys back".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Do you....even know what a strawman argument is? Being flagged for pvp is NOT what this event is about. Blizzard never mentioned once before the event started that people would be automatically flagged for pvp. Which is a big part of why people are pissed. Forcing pvp on people who don't turn on war mode is god awful design.
    Is the pvp flagging what stops you from playing the game or the zombies that kill you? If the zombies, pvp flagging is completely irrelevant.

  17. #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    No, this thread is about being turned into zombies. Exactly what the event should be and exactly what the event was advertised as. If players or npc turn you into zombies is completely irrelevant for the point of "i can't kill rares because i'm killed by zombies so i want my moneys back".

    - - - Updated - - -



    Is the pvp flagging what stops you from playing the game or the zombies that kill you? If the zombies, pvp flagging is completely irrelevant.
    Zombies can't attack you unless you are flagged. Entering ANY city automatically flags you. There is no option to opt out. You are immediately forced to partake in pvp. Do you really have absolutely no idea how the event works? Also, I want my money back because even if I tagged the rare or world boss I get NOTHING from them if I was infected before they died.

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    No, this thread is about being turned into zombies. Exactly what the event should be and exactly what the event was advertised as. If players or npc turn you into zombies is completely irrelevant for the point of "i can't kill rares because i'm killed by zombies so i want my moneys back".
    It is 100% relevant. NPCs don't deliberately camp quest mobs, auction houses or flight paths. They don't specifically seek out AFK players to kill. They have aggro tables. They can't fly up to unreachable locations before turning to kill people. They don't form up raids and strategize to kill as many players as possible. NPCs don't flag everyone in a city so that enemy faction players can then come in and kill people who didn't opt into PvP.

  19. #199
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It is 100% relevant. NPCs don't deliberately camp quest mobs, auction houses or flight paths. They don't specifically seek out AFK players to kill. They have aggro tables. They can't fly up to unreachable locations before turning to kill people. They don't form up raids and strategize to kill as many players as possible. NPCs don't flag everyone in a city so that enemy faction players can then come in and kill people who didn't opt into PvP.
    all
    of
    THIS.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It is 100% relevant. NPCs don't deliberately camp quest mobs, auction houses or flight paths. They don't specifically seek out AFK players to kill. They have aggro tables. They can't fly up to unreachable locations before turning to kill people. They don't form up raids and strategize to kill as many players as possible. NPCs don't flag everyone in a city so that enemy faction players can then come in and kill people who didn't opt into PvP.
    If your main gameplay is afking in a city, I feel truly sorry for you and Blizzard should refund you your 15$. For anyone else, the event is exactly going as expected. I expect to be killed by zombies in a zombie invasion event. If it happens because nolifers are griefing as zombies or because an army of npc zombies - does not matter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •