Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    If your main gameplay is afking in a city, I feel truly sorry for you and Blizzard should refund you your 15$. For anyone else, the event is exactly going as expected. I expect to be killed by zombies in a zombie invasion event. If it happens because nolifers are griefing as zombies or because an army of npc zombies - does not matter.
    Being AFK is literally ONE of the examples but of course you focus on that because you have absolutely no counter for everything else. Also, people go afk sometimes because you know....real life happens. Some people need to step away for personal business. Maybe someone has to go to the bathroom. People don't log in JUST to afk.

    You have absolutely no ground to stand on with all your points and this recent response from you really drives that fact home.

  2. #202
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-11-20 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Video

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by wysimdnwyg View Post
    We've all heard the complaints before. We heard them when the blood plague infected every city when ZG first came out. We heard it in the first zombie invasion before Naxx. We heard it again in the Wrath pre-event. Is it a pain when you're trying to level a character? Yes, it can be. But it lasts a short time (just a week this time), and it adds a whole new level of excitement to the game that's not normally there. The player-zombies are mostly contained to the primary cities (SW/Org), and you can easily skip those 99% of the time. If someone's out killing NPCs, hop back on your main and kill rares in IC, solo old dungeons/raids, or join in with the other zombies. It's likely to be ten years or more (if ever) before this event happens again, so relax and enjoy the very limited-time fun.
    The shitty thing is though, it is also interfering with the other short term things in the game with the pre-event. Darkshire and Nathanos have been essential halted (with exceptions a time) and those are limited events. The icecrown rares are supposed to be an alt catch up mechanism, but if you cannot finish the intro quest, you cannot get the phase of icecrown with the rares (found out after simply going out there on an alt I never did the intro chain on since I had already done it many times).

    Nathanos does not need the quest leading up to it, but there is still a block there most times. And you usually do not get credit for his death and the weapon if you were "zombied".

    So sure it is only for a short time, but so are the things the zombies are effectively blocking.

  4. #204
    Also not a fan of the event here. Player zombies kept ruining ICC farming by turning people into zombies mid fight preventing people form getting rewards.

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Being AFK is literally ONE of the examples but of course you focus on that because you have absolutely no counter for everything else. Also, people go afk sometimes because you know....real life happens. Some people need to step away for personal business. Maybe someone has to go to the bathroom. People don't log in JUST to afk.

    You have absolutely no ground to stand on with all your points and this recent response from you really drives that fact home.
    You argued that you can not do worldbosses and rares and all that. And I said its a zombie event. Everyone knew you would be killed by zombies. Now, since I completly debunked that point you went to this whole thing of automatically pvp flagged for a couple minutes while entering a city is destroing your game. You do you mate. Hope Blizzard gives you your moneys back and you will stop playing.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You argued that you can not do worldbosses and rares and all that. And I said its a zombie event. Everyone knew you would be killed by zombies. Now, since I completly debunked that point you went to this whole thing of automatically pvp flagged for a couple minutes while entering a city is destroing your game. You do you mate. Hope Blizzard gives you your moneys back and you will stop playing.
    A zombie event doesn't have to mean that you can't do things. If Blizzard really wanted that then they wouldn't have kept the world boss and rares around for week 2. The same flaws that existed before were never fixed. It would be quite easy to still allow it to be a "zombie event" while not disrupting certain aspects of game play. Anyone should be able to see that and why the best of both worlds would be the better event for the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It ISN'T fun nor does it bring any excitement to the game for tyhose that wish not to partake. Players will just find other ways to avoid it and you will hjave the same end result as putting in an opt out toggle. Their attempts at trying to force people to partake so their numbers look good is a failure. PUtting in content that irritates people is ALWAYS bad for the game. The first time proved it. The devs are proof of the old adage "Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it".

    - - - Updated - - -

    No it isn't. If you think ruining the fun of others is fun, then you have serious issues.
    Awwwww someone's feelings are hurt. Get over yourself man, you should change that profile pic you do the most interesting man a disservice.

  8. #208
    I can imagine the force you're putting into your keystrokes as you randomly make a word in caps.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No, they didn't. They didn't say "hey players will be allowed to grief quest NPCs, grief players trying to level in low level zones, and grief players trying to run Nathanos and Icecrown rares. Oh and you have no choice about partaking in the event. You are forced to do it whether you like it or not". Because if they had, A LOT of people wouldn't have subbed this month.
    Thats a damn lie if I ever heard one. You're telling me people wouldnt sub the month before the expac?? You've lost the plot here man go play something else for a week.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You argued that you can not do worldbosses and rares and all that. And I said its a zombie event. Everyone knew you would be killed by zombies. Now, since I completly debunked that point you went to this whole thing of automatically pvp flagged for a couple minutes while entering a city is destroing your game. You do you mate. Hope Blizzard gives you your moneys back and you will stop playing.
    People shouldn't be forced into the event. You can do world bosses but guess what? If you get tagged by an infected player, you get zero loot. Another nasty side effect is as soon as you are tagged by an infected player, you are also flagged for pvp. So not only are you forced into the event, you're also forced into pvp. Do you even think before typing things?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Justintime328 View Post
    Thats a damn lie if I ever heard one. You're telling me people wouldnt sub the month before the expac?? You've lost the plot here man go play something else for a week.
    The fact that you think most people would keep their sub going if they knew what a shitshow the pre-patch was going to be from the start then you're incredibly naive. But judging on your last sentence and previous posts, you're not looking to actually say anything of substance and would prefer to just get nasty with people. Maybe post something constructive?

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    A zombie event doesn't have to mean that you can't do things. If Blizzard really wanted that then they wouldn't have kept the world boss and rares around for week 2. The same flaws that existed before were never fixed. It would be quite easy to still allow it to be a "zombie event" while not disrupting certain aspects of game play. Anyone should be able to see that and why the best of both worlds would be the better event for the game.
    I killed ~15 rares today, was not turned into a zombie. Killed the worldboss as well, no zombies at all. I might not be informed enough but is every other server like yours, there any content is undoable because of the zombie event? Or did it happen once that a bunch of griefers turned you into a zombie, so now you here exaggerating like this?

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    Well, since that flew over your head,
    Sorry - but Zombies can't fly, so that's not going to work either.

    Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    I killed ~15 rares today, was not turned into a zombie. Killed the worldboss as well, no zombies at all. I might not be informed enough but is every other server like yours, there any content is undoable because of the zombie event? Or did it happen once that a bunch of griefers turned you into a zombie, so now you here exaggerating like this?
    Just because you didn't experience doesn't mean it is not happening. Or can not happen. Why is it that you are incapable of accepting a simple fact of the event and its potential issues? It doesn't harm you.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Just because you didn't experience doesn't mean it is not happening. Or can not happen. Why is it that you are incapable of accepting a simple fact of the event and its potential issues? It doesn't harm you.
    Around the same time when you understand that it isnt a big deal

  15. #215
    It was a stupid idea then, because it wasn't properly balanced or well thought out, and it still is now.

  16. #216
    Banned Pro-Violence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    In your swimming pool after midnight
    Posts
    5,519
    They didn't make the zombies powerful or annoying enough.

    I've fond memories of the zombie event before WotLK, infecting the entire Isle of Quel'Danas until there was nothing left but zombies - especially with the fast spawning mass of murlocs near the coast.

    But these zombies... can't self-heal, and even slowly take damage over time.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Just because you didn't experience doesn't mean it is not happening. Or can not happen. Why is it that you are incapable of accepting a simple fact of the event and its potential issues? It doesn't harm you.
    Just accept the fact, that you can indeed do most content most of the time, although you might be killed by a zombie here and there and it's all over in 3 days. For a prepatch event lasting a week this is all completely fine and expected.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Around the same time when you understand that it isnt a big deal
    So because you don't think it's a big deal that means EVERYONE has to have that same sentiment? Do you go to the funerals of strangers and tell everyone to stop crying because you didn't know the person personally? Why should they be upset when you're not? They're obviously just overreacting.

  19. #219
    I mean, I actually got eaten by a zombie while I was reading this forum post, and I don't mind. We're a few days away from the expansion, this is part of the event.. A few days ago people were bitching that it wasn't active. This playerbase, man.

  20. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Just accept the fact, that you can indeed do most content most of the time, although you might be killed by a zombie here and there and it's all over in 3 days. For a prepatch event lasting a week this is all completely fine and expected.
    Some of the same stuff it is disrupting goes away as well. Again it doesn't have to be this way. The event could have been designed better and still allow the same amount of fun from being a Zombie. Just because it is a limited time event doesn't make it automatically perfect. Being unable to acknowledge flaws in a design is dumb. It is flawed. Is it the end of the world? No.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Around the same time when you understand that it isnt a big deal
    Not being a big deal still doesn't mean that it isn't flawed and is not an issue. Nor did I even say it was that big of a deal. The event could have been better designed. It is as simple as that.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •