Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
29
... LastLast
  1. #361
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    I dont care about your hypothetical because using WM as a toogle for an prepatch expansion event is a bastardization of what WM is even supposed to do and opting out of a fucking an expansion event shouldnt be an option.
    I don't understand this logic. Why should I be forced to engage in content I don't want to do? Explain to me why there shouldn't be options for people to opt out of the zombie PVP. Give me one good reason why people should be forced to do something they don't want or don't care to do.
    I'd buy that for a dollar.

  2. #362
    Fine as it is. MMOs should be like that 24/7, not this baby cuddling, almost hello kitty like tablet game...

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    If you actually care about that bag, or any of the loot from the event you have bigger problems than "griefing"
    Theres only 2 34 slot bags in game this one and one that costs 500k why would people NOT care about it?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Fine as it is. MMOs should be like that 24/7, not this baby cuddling, almost hello kitty like tablet game...
    And games that try and force that mentality die off. Tell me a successful one that does things like this. I will wait

  4. #364
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I am not . I am going by their rules that they list themselves. They say it is griefing. Refusing to enforce the rules they made, not me, during an event doesn't make it suddenly OK.
    Its up to blizzard to decide what is considered griefing, the TOS are just rough guidelines with no clear definition as its all decided by blizzard in the end.

    Simple fact its an official blizzard case and point, its not griefing its the intended gameplay of the event, they decide when something is within the rules or not, this event is not violating blizzard policies within the TOS as the whole point in the event with the zombie part is to infect as many players as you want.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  5. #365
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    I don't understand this logic. Why should I be forced to engage in content I don't want to do? Explain to me why there shouldn't be options for people to opt out of the zombie PVP. Give me one good reason why people should be forced to do something they don't want or don't care to do.
    Are you killing rares in ICC?

  6. #366
    Warchief Duravian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Franpsycho, CA
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO it isn't. That is not the intent of the event. But people abuse itbecuae they get their rocks off to ruining the fun of others. All they had to do was go with their original plans of Warmode only. But they never learned from the first event. They just cannot seem to grasp that having an event that causes people to not login is bad for the game. It's a staggering level of incompetence from the devs.
    Griefing is literally the entire point of zombie events. What do you think the intended goal was? People would line up for the zombie game and leave other people in peace? They might as well remove warmode while they're at it. This is what happened in 2008, and in the Corrupted Blood "event" before that. It's a plague; and this time they watered it down for people like you
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its up to blizzard to decide what is considered griefing, the TOS are just rough guidelines with no clear definition as its all decided by blizzard in the end.

    Simple fact its an official blizzard case and point, its not griefing its the intended gameplay of the event, they decide when something is within the rules or not, this event is not violating blizzard policies within the TOS as the whole point in the event with the zombie part is to infect as many players as you want.
    I will never understand the amount of mental gymnastics for people to say "some allowed me to be an insufferable asshole, so i'm going to ride it out!"

    Do griefers (or for comparison, gankers or similar) need an excuse, do they expect to be forgiven on a moral level if they found a loophole?
    Yes, Blizzards obviously allows the WM system to be circumvented by this asinine event, but that does not make anyone doing obnoxious things less of an obnoxious asscake.

  8. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    I will never understand the amount of mental gymnastics for people to say "some allowed me to be an insufferable asshole, so i'm going to ride it out!"

    Do griefers (or for comparison, gankers or similar) need an excuse, do they expect to be forgiven on a moral level if they found a loophole?
    Yes, Blizzards obviously allows the WM system to be circumvented by this asinine event, but that does not make anyone doing obnoxious things less of an obnoxious asscake.
    It doesnt, but thats not what people are complaining about. I get that people would be annoyed, that makes sense. Its that people are asking to be able to be removed from any inconvenience. I get ganked, fight back, maybe die, rez, mount up, fly away. Life goes on. I dont make threads about it.

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    I will never understand the amount of mental gymnastics for people to say "some allowed me to be an insufferable asshole, so i'm going to ride it out!"

    Do griefers (or for comparison, gankers or similar) need an excuse, do they expect to be forgiven on a moral level if they found a loophole?
    Yes, Blizzards obviously allows the WM system to be circumvented by this asinine event, but that does not make anyone doing obnoxious things less of an obnoxious asscake.
    SImple matter is the zombie part of the event is designed to be spread around by players so its not griefing, its not like there is much else to do anyway until the expansion launches anyway, gettting turned into a zombie and dying wastes 2 mins, you can just choose to not take part and go to areas far away from it.

    I dont do anything with the event and dont really care about PvP in general, the only ones that can be infected have to be close to the ground.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Are you killing rares in ICC?
    So by answering my question with another totally unrelated question I'm guessing there's no good reason you can think of to force content on people then.
    I'd buy that for a dollar.

  11. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Theres only 2 34 slot bags in game this one and one that costs 500k why would people NOT care about it?

    - - - Updated - - -



    And games that try and force that mentality die off. Tell me a successful one that does things like this. I will wait
    Thats why I said they should be and not they have to be... Casuals run the scene.

  12. #372
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    It doesnt, but thats not what people are complaining about. I get that people would be annoyed, that makes sense. Its that people are asking to be able to be removed from any inconvenience. I get ganked, fight back, maybe die, rez, mount up, fly away. Life goes on. I dont make threads about it.
    People have the right to complain if they want. If that bothers you so much, why are you still in this thread? You can avoid the thread and life goes on. Ironic huh?

  13. #373
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    I get ganked, fight back, maybe die, rez, mount up, fly away. Life goes on. I dont make threads about it.
    So you're not allowed to be upset, and subsequently express that? That's not much better then saying "i'm allowed to be an asshole, just live with it."

  14. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Theres only 2 34 slot bags in game this one and one that costs 500k why would people NOT care about it?

    - - - Updated - - -
    cause 2 extra bag slots dont do shit, if you are carrying around so much junk that your bags are full, you are doing exactly that carrying around junk

  15. #375
    Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    cause 2 extra bag slots dont do shit, if you are carrying around so much junk that your bags are full, you are doing exactly that carrying around junk
    Yes if you already have 32 slot bags in the rest of your slots? If you don't? That means more than a 2 slot increase.

  16. #376
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    So by answering my question with another totally unrelated question I'm guessing there's no good reason you can think of to force content on people then.
    You can answer questions with other questions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    So you're not allowed to be upset, and subsequently express that? That's not much better then saying "i'm allowed to be an asshole, just live with it."
    I literally said you can be upset. (Although even thats a bit much)But to be so upset to even make a thread.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    People have the right to complain if they want. If that bothers you so much, why are you still in this thread? You can avoid the thread and life goes on. Ironic huh?
    Life does go on. But if I wasnt here, does your complaint even make a sound?

  17. #377
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,606
    There is literally no event. They have totally destroyed this fun event to please a handful of crybabies.

    There are literally no zombies around... it should be nearly impossible to be in the cities instead. That is the fun, which only lasts a couple of days anyway and does not really affect a decent player.

  18. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    You can answer questions with other questions.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I literally said you can be upset. (Although even thats a bit much)But to be so upset to even make a thread.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Life does go on. But if I wasnt here, does your complaint even make a sound?
    Imagine being so invested in being an asshole that you feel the need to defend that in said thread.

  19. #379
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Imagine being so invested in being an asshole that you feel the need to defend that in said thread.
    I havent even been a zombie lmao

  20. #380
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    I havent even been a zombie lmao
    But you are defending the right to grief like a champion of the light.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •