Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
22
30
... LastLast
  1. #381
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    But you are defending the right to grief like a champion of the light.
    I dont think its a 'right' in any real sense of the word. I just dont think you should get banned for participating in a blizzard event. I also think it comes across incredibly childish to complain about such things. Some people in here seem to be physically distressed and I find it very strange.

  2. #382
    Bloodsail Admiral Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,061
    It's hilarious this has come about again. It was the same the last time and the time the before that. Like you think Blizzard would have took steps. I wandered into the AH and just exploded on everyone. In fact the last time this happened the AH was dead. Literally, you couldn't go in as it was a war zone of zombies infecting the auctioneers, fighting the guards, infecting the players. To paraphrase Sheldon Cooper: I did tell you guys thusly it would be like this because it was EXACTLY this last time and the time before. Best just to get on with it and enjoy it while it lasts. It's not even bothering me this time because I knew exactly what to expect

    At least this time you don't need to be level 70 to have flying and just hover above the cities to avoid it.
    Last edited by Malania; 2020-11-20 at 05:22 PM.

  3. #383
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    It's hilarious this has come about again. It was the same the last time and the time the before that. Like you think Blizzard would have took steps. I wandered into the AH and just exploded on everyone. In fact the last time this happened the AH was dead. Literally, you couldn't go in as it was a war zone of zombies infecting the auctioneers, fighting the guards, infecting the players. To paraphrase Sheldon Cooper: I did tell you guys thusly it would be like this because it was this last time and the time before. Best just to get on with it and enjoy it while it lasts. It's not even bothering me this time because I knew exactly what to expect
    AH people respawn in like 5 seconds, it literally doesnt matter

  4. #384
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    I also think it comes across incredibly childish to complain about such things
    But complaining about complaining that is so much more mature? On top of being the reason for the complaint in the first place?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

  5. #385
    Bloodsail Admiral Malania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    AH people respawn in like 5 seconds, it literally doesnt matter
    The zombies increase over time. The 5 seconds doesn't matter by the end of the event.

  6. #386
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    So these past few days I have been noticing a good number of people in game not very happy with the zombie event and understandably so. People leveling up and having their quest NPCs killed over and over, they themselves are killed over and over due to the zombies being way above their level, and just general griefing throughout the game. There was an argument in general about it and I wanted to chime in but I had too much to say so I thought I'd wait and voice my full opinion about it here.

    Now it doesn't really affect me most of the time since all the characters I play are max level but I did have a situation last night where I was doing the Nathanos WQ and there was a small group of zombies just fucking everything up. I ended up dying a bunch of times and when Nathanos was finally killed I didn't get credit for it since I was dead. So I had to wait until he respawned again. It was pretty annoying since I didn't have a whole lot of time to play and I wanted to get some shit done on there before I had to get off. This is when I started to understand why people hated this event. Like, the event itself is a cool idea and can be fun but the problem is that the douchebags of this game take advantage of it and turn it into a griefing event and that's when it stops being fun.

    I'm not saying they should never do an event like this ever again because I genuinely think this is one of the best pre launch events (favorite was Legion invasions) but at least do something to lessen the amount of griefing that happens. Like, keep the zombie infection in and around the main city areas only instead of letting people go all the way out there so they can fuck up people's questing experience. That way people who don't want to bother with the event have a way to opt out of it and quest in peace. Have npc zombie invasions of the smaller camps and towns that lower level players can participate in and gain exp from. Maybe then more people would've been more welcoming of this event. The way it is now just feels like Blizzard turned on PVP for all servers and called it an event.
    Want some cheese to your whine ?

  7. #387
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    But complaining about complaining that is so much more mature? On top of being the reason for the complaint in the first place?
    Not really complaining as much as Im telling you that you are wrong. Think of a parent disciplining their child.

  8. #388
    Three more days, people. Take deep breaths and pet your comfort animal, you're going to be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

  9. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Not really complaining as much as Im telling you that you are wrong. Think of a parent disciplining their child.
    Ok, you're not only obnoxious, but delusional. Just because you enjoy lopsided PvP does not make you superior in any form to me. So please, if you want to discuss this zombie event, try to keep it reasonable or just leave.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

  10. #390
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO it isn't. That is not the intent of the event. But people abuse itbecuae they get their rocks off to ruining the fun of others. All they had to do was go with their original plans of Warmode only. But they never learned from the first event. They just cannot seem to grasp that having an event that causes people to not login is bad for the game. It's a staggering level of incompetence from the devs.
    Oh please...It's an invasion. They're easily avoidable and there are ways to be cleansed once infected. Suggesting people don't log in purely because of the event really is over reaching, so you can stop with the hyperbole.

  11. #391
    To infinity and beyond det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    36,366
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I never came across any of that. The whole event is dead on my realm because nobody wants to do it. NOt surprising since everyone has warmode off for a reason for wich Blizzard is too dumb to be able to grasp.

    Thankfully, I got the mount years ago in Utgarde Pinnacle. The bag though isn't really much for me since I am only gaining two slots.

    Yeah, the 110 drops are nice.
    That mount keeps eluding me...and I don't expect Skadi to drop it now. Hell...I got Clutch of ..whatever his name is in ToT and Invincible without even trying for them...so I am happy.

    I am mostly judging this by the sheer amount of ppl showing up for kills even now. No wonder they are putting so many more mounts into SL.

  12. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    You can answer questions with other questions.
    You completely dodged his questions sand didn't answer them at all because you don't have a good argument and don't want to admit it.



    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    I literally said you can be upset. (Although even thats a bit much)But to be so upset to even make a thread.
    But you are trying to dictate how to be upset. That is all you have been doing;Trying to dictate to others how to act.




    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Life does go on. But if I wasnt here, does your complaint even make a sound?
    I am having debates with others. But you are the one in here getting bent out of shape and dictating to others how to act and feel and tell othgers to avoid the event if you don't like it. I am merely giving the same words back to you. Seems you don't follow your own words.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That mount keeps eluding me...and I don't expect Skadi to drop it now. Hell...I got Clutch of ..whatever his name is in ToT and Invincible without even trying for them...so I am happy.

    I am mostly judging this by the sheer amount of ppl showing up for kills even now. No wonder they are putting so many more mounts into SL.
    I don't have either of those, so we are even.

  13. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by Rngmonster The God View Post
    Want some cheese to your whine ?
    Yes, please, that sounds quite good.
    I'd buy that for a dollar.

  14. #394
    20 pages of ten year old arguments

  15. #395
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Not really complaining as much as Im telling you that you are wrong. Think of a parent disciplining their child.
    He is not wrong. He is giving his opinions. Opinions are not fact. You are trying to project your opinion as fact.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    I dont think its a 'right' in any real sense of the word. I just dont think you should get banned for participating in a blizzard event. I also think it comes across incredibly childish to complain about such things. Some people in here seem to be physically distressed and I find it very strange.
    And you are complaining about the complaining.

  16. #396
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    You can answer questions with other questions.
    Yes, you can sometimes but in this case yours isn't an answer to anything I asked you. What does me killing rares in Icecrown have anything to do with what I asked you? The question I asked was what good reason can you give me to justify forcing content on people. You said yourself that "opting out of this zombie PVP event should not be an option". I just would like to hear a good reason as to why you think so.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    20 pages of ten year old arguments
    Yet here you are caring enough about it to leave a comment. You could've read over a little bit of it, scoffed, and said to yourself "what a bunch of children" and moved on but you didn't. Guess you must be a 10 year old too then.
    I'd buy that for a dollar.

  17. #397
    The Lightbringer Aqua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    3,579
    Oh my god I've been 'griefed' by this thing like 8 times now, its not that bad. Minor inconveniences shouldn't throw the whole game off for you, if it does, are you really having fun playing it, or are you just addicted to perfectionist play.

    It's an event, smile, enjoy it, you won't get to do it for much longer.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

  18. #398
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Yet here you are caring enough about it to leave a comment. You could've read over a little bit of it, scoffed, and said to yourself "what a bunch of children" and moved on but you didn't. Guess you must be a 10 year old too then.
    yikes. i just wanted to show my bemusement about this whole thread. dont you think youre projecting a bit here?

  19. #399
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    yikes. i just wanted to show my bemusement about this whole thread. dont you think youre projecting a bit here?
    Well I'm the kind of guy who believes if you don't have anything constructive to say then don't say anything at all. In your case you just jump in here make a snarky comment and leave the thread without looking at the 'huge explosion' you left behind you.

    Sorry, but I just find comments like these really obnoxious and whenever I feel like it I'll call people out on it. Don't pretend to be high and mighty and act like you don't care because if you really didn't you wouldn't have commented in the first place. All I'm saying.
    I'd buy that for a dollar.

  20. #400
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Yes, you can sometimes but in this case yours isn't an answer to anything I asked you. What does me killing rares in Icecrown have anything to do with what I asked you? The question I asked was what good reason can you give me to justify forcing content on people. You said yourself that "opting out of this zombie PVP event should not be an option". I just would like to hear a good reason as to why you think so.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yet here you are caring enough about it to leave a comment. You could've read over a little bit of it, scoffed, and said to yourself "what a bunch of children" and moved on but you didn't. Guess you must be a 10 year old too then.
    My point about the ICC rares is that if you are killing them you are participating the pre patch event. That includes the zombies. You arent forced to kill ICC rares and I assume you are doing so voluntarily.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •