Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    so yes, zombies are able to attack unflagged people. they are their "own" faction and can attack anyone just like mobs.
    this was in the original. The original also lasted like 7 days. then wrath came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Just to clarify, I wish the event had been more invasive in terms of NPC zombies overruning the world and affecting it, Legion event style. Having the mechanism in the hands of players, many of whom are at the emotional maturity of a 12-year old boy, is a bad idea and all things considered it's good that they reeled in those people's ability to grief.

There's enough griefing as is, especially around Nathanos. If you're turned into a zombie, you lose the kill credit.
    Except that they didn't. Griefers are still griefing. All they had to do was make it so you had to have Warmode on to be attacked as they originally said they were going to do.That gets rid of griefing completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Futch View Post
    52 hours left. you will survive.

Quit whining about something so trivial. You knew the event was coming, you chose to stay through it, you could have unsubbed back in october and resubbed in November.

Next pre-expansion event, dont sub. save yourself your monthly payment.
    They have every right to complain. If the complaining bothers you that much, you are free to stay out of the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    This is the exact same argument as the ganking argument. Some people are subscribed to world of warcraft so they can run around annoying other people. They pay sub fees too, so Blizz obliges them by allowing them to do stupid shit like this. Is what it is. Not gonna change, just one of the negatives of wow..
    But the ganking thing isn't a problem with Warmmode now a thing. If Blizzard had simply used that for this event, this thread wouldn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    A zombie isnt classed as a player once they are turned no matter if they are controlled by a player or not, they have permission to attack players regardless of PvP status so they completely bypass the need for PvP to be turned on, your flagged because the event needs the ability for the zombies to attack anything they want. You knew the event was coming and it would act similar to the origional event where anyone could be infected but its not even on the same level as before.
    If zombies are something that isn't classified as a player and they are able to attack people when they are not flagged, then that just proves design wise, that there was no need to flag you for PVP. Essentially, they were able to act like mobs, so there's no reason to put the faction war nonsense on top of it especially when these sort of worldwide threats are when we work together.

The WotLK event ran without the need to flag for pvp.

Moved to Comics Fury. Rereleased and updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Akutare View Post
    If zombies are something that isn't classified as a player and they are able to attack people when they are not flagged, then that just proves design wise, that there was no need to flag you for PVP. Essentially, they were able to act like mobs, so there's no reason to put the faction war nonsense on top of it especially when these sort of worldwide threats are when we work together.

The WotLK event ran without the need to flag for pvp.
    Thats because everyone was the same on the server in WotlK, and whats the problem with being flagged anyway as if you dont want to be flagged dont hang in an area where you can be, its a week long event ppl just need to stop moaning about something thats not even an issue.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Post a source of wrath pre patch ending early. I played it and that definitely didnt happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I guarantee you that the devs won't be laughing. They take it all seriously. Remember, they ended the event early because of all the complaints then. They know that some players are upset. But thanks for giving people ideas which will help make it so you never get an event like that ever again. It amazes me that people encourage others to leave so the game dies.

- - - Updated - - -

IT isn't dramatic because it is 100% the truth. THey put out an event that actively causes people to log out which if it happens enough it will cost them.

- - - Updated - - -

As opposed to all of you defending the event and acting 100% entitled to it? Those defending the event are acting just as entitled as those on the other side you are accusing.
    They haven't ended the event early this time. In fact, they recreated the event pretty much exactly like it played out last time and, as many here are screaming, it's even more widespread. I fail to see your point?

Also lol, WoW dying because 12 people are screaming on a fan site, ok.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

lel 27 pages and the same 2 kids are still complaining. Repeating ad nauseum the same few things and the event will be over soon.

Someone count how many times they've each typed: grief and griefers. Or many many times the "fix" has been typed out over and over as if Blizz hadn't thought of WM.

Also someone should tell them that threads on mmo champ get nothing accomplished. Your voice literally does not matter here. That you think you will sway their future endeavors by this is sadly misguided.

I'd also like to point out that just as many of us came back for this event as there are those that are leaving because of it. Quite a few of us have resubbed BECAUSE of the event and prepatch. You keep mentioning people logging OUT because of it yet fail to see those of us that are logging IN because of it. I'm guessing the latter outweighs the former. You see, my sub was new money for them, yours they already had. They know you'll come back after your weeklong tantrum!

I'm reminded of "GC promised me a pony!" for some reason here.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    IT isn't dramatic because it is 100% the truth. THey put out an event that actively causes people to log out which if it happens enough it will cost them.
    It absolutely is dramatic. Imagine quitting a game you love because it was annoying for a week. Wild. Get some perspective.

I did not enjoy the level 50 npc zombies attacking me when I have a level 20 character in Stormwind. Why am I seeing zombies if my timeline has been altered? Glad this pre-expansion event will be over soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Just to clarify, I wish the event had been more invasive in terms of NPC zombies overruning the world and affecting it, Legion event style. Having the mechanism in the hands of players, many of whom are at the emotional maturity of a 12-year old boy, is a bad idea and all things considered it's good that they reeled in those people's ability to grief.

There's enough griefing as is, especially around Nathanos. If you're turned into a zombie, you lose the kill credit.
    Sadly, once you become a mindless zombie you are on Nathanos side and thus cannot receive credit for the kill. An unmistakable tragedy of the zombie plague.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Yeah sure...MAAAAAJOR problem at the end of an already shitty expansion where there is nothing else to do. Gotta adress this few days before the new addon because it is SO important.
    Millenial gaming community = complain, complain, complain, cry, complain, be offended, repeat.
    Good lord cut it out.

Don't pretend that taking offense or complaining is unique or even special to millenials. I was in customer service for over a year, got equally stupid and entitled Karen complaints from every generation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I did not enjoy the level 50 npc zombies attacking me when I have a level 20 character in Stormwind. Why am I seeing zombies if my timeline has been altered? Glad this pre-expansion event will be over soon.
    Yeah was mucking about on my level 30 Unholy DK, really just trying to pick up some of those XP pots from 7th legion. Found myself in a PvP Zombie battle I had no chance of winning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    It absolutely is dramatic. Imagine quitting a game you love because it was annoying for a week. Wild. Get some perspective.
    And even when it gets annoying . . . it rarely goes further than Org/SW. At least in my opinion. Occasional zombies in Boralus.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    lel 27 pages and the same 2 kids are still complaining. Repeating ad nauseum the same few things and the event will be over soon.

Someone count how many times they've each typed: grief and griefers. Or many many times the "fix" has been typed out over and over as if Blizz hadn't thought of WM.

Also someone should tell them that threads on mmo champ get nothing accomplished. Your voice literally does not matter here. That you think you will sway their future endeavors by this is sadly misguided.

I'd also like to point out that just as many of us came back for this event as there are those that are leaving because of it. Quite a few of us have resubbed BECAUSE of the event and prepatch. You keep mentioning people logging OUT because of it yet fail to see those of us that are logging IN because of it. I'm guessing the latter outweighs the former. You see, my sub was new money for them, yours they already had. They know you'll come back after your weeklong tantrum!

I'm reminded of "GC promised me a pony!" for some reason here.
    It is the same people that complain about "elitists", "toxicity", "excluding", "gatekeeping" etc.
    People like them think that everything should cater to their needs, that they have the right to demand that other people play in a particular way or play with them.
    A normal, sane and rational person like you who doesn't like this type of event would either not play during this event or adapt, because a sane and rational person would recognize that event and its functionality is designed by Blizzard and therefore is intended and that sane person would not throw hissy fits at other players for participating in this event.

These persons are even so delusional that they honestly think that they have the right to define what is "griefing" or not.

Are there elements of the game that I find annoying, wrong and irritating? Yes, but I just don't do those elements or keep my distance from them.
    If the annoying elements would outweigh the positive ones then I would either stop playing or have a break if those annoying elements were temporary.
    Just like any other normal, sane and rational person would do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Killing quest NPCs, AH NPCs, and swarming world bosses to prevent players from looting 100% is griefing. Because you are literally detracting from other players' enjoyment of the game as well as hindering their progress in the game. Therefore, it is griefing and should be getting people banned.
    Beating someone in a DPS race is also detracts enjoyment from some players. Like, it seriously rustles their jimmies and they go to forums and complain about unfair PvE balance. But somehow it's not bannable. And you still don't understand what griefing is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Beating someone in a DPS race is also detracts enjoyment from some players. Like, it seriously rustles their jimmies and they go to forums and complain about unfair PvE balance. But somehow it's not bannable. And you still don't understand what griefing is.
    Disrupting a person's gameplay by purposely infecting them with the zombie debuff so that they can't loot rares and world bosses absolutely is griefing. So is killing quest NPCs over and over. I've seen people banned for it in the past butt suddenly Blizzard is cool with it. I think YOU are the one that doesn't know what griefing is.

Disrupting a person's gameplay by purposely infecting them with the zombie debuff so that they can't loot rares and world bosses absolutely is griefing. So is killing quest NPCs over and over. I've seen people banned for it in the past butt suddenly Blizzard is cool with it. I think YOU are the one that doesn't know what griefing is.
    Why would blizzard ban people that are playing their own event?

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, you don't know what griefing is, griefing is using ingame features in unintended way to disrupt immersion of other players. Which literally false in this case, because zombie invasion works just as intended, and players indulging in it are doing this in intended way. If you are able to kill an NPC - in 99% of situations it's intended to be so, otherwise it would be unkillable.

If you are talking about some sort of exploit when, for example, a zombie player can't be attacked by other players - yeah, that's griefing.

It's literally the same thing as getting killed by an NPC and calling it griefing. Or getting killed in world pvp and calling it griefing. Or when someone refuses to give his personal loot item away and calling it griefing.

You know what's griefing? Drowning dozens of tauren characters in dalaran fishing pool, so no one can fish there 'till next reset. Or blocking raid entrance with mailboxes. Zombie players doing exactly what they are supposed to do during this event is not griefing by any stretch of imagination

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkz View Post
    Sadly, once you become a mindless zombie you are on Nathanos side and thus cannot receive credit for the kill. An unmistakable tragedy of the zombie plague.
    Well, when that happened to me i just walked away and exploded, hitting nobody, then proceeded to be dead 'till i got credit for WQ
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    yes, you don't know what griefing is, griefing is using ingame features in unintended way to disrupt immersion of other players. Which literally false in this case, because zombie invasion works just as intended, and players indulging in it are doing this in intended way. If you are able to kill an NPC - in 99% of situations it's intended to be so, otherwise it would be unkillable.

If you are talking about some sort of exploit when, for example, a zombie player can't be attacked by other players - yeah, that's griefing.

It's literally the same thing as getting killed by an NPC and calling it griefing. Or getting killed in world pvp and calling it griefing. Or when someone refuses to give his personal loot item away and calling it griefing.

You know what's griefing? Drowning dozens of tauren characters in dalaran fishing pool, so no one can fish there 'till next reset. Or blocking raid entrance with mailboxes.
    Lmfao that is NOT what griefing is. Griefing is when you detract from a person's gameplay in any way. Spawn camping someone for hours is griefing and can get you banned. Using toys on top of people over and over can be considered griefing if it's disruptive enough. People got banned for parking mounts on mailboxes. So, really, you just proved you are the that has no idea what griefing is.

Purposely tagging people while a ghoul so that they can't loot Nathanos or icecrown rares is absolutely griefing. Hitting people on your own faction so that they get tagged for pvp and get attacked by the opposing faction even when they have war mode turned off absolutely is griefing. But as I said, Blizzrad just decided they're ok with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Griefing is when you detract from a person's gameplay in any way.
    Keep trying to redefine what griefing is, it won't make i truth. Try to spam some tickets and have a GM explain that to you, maybe it'll help to convince you.

Blizzard defines what is griefing or not. Not you, me or anybody else.
    This is a temporary event made by Blizzard where the player interaction is different than it is normally.
    You and others are unable or unwilling to understand that the rules have changed for a week.

And infecting others is not griefing at all. It is exactly what this weekly event is designed to simulate - a zombie invasion.
    Remember again: Neither I, you or anybody else has the right to define what "griefing" is, only Blizzard can do that as Blizzard makes the rule we play by.

- - - Updated - - -

Spawn camping someone for hours is griefing and can get you banned.
    That is wrong.

"The Game Master staff will not intervene in Player versus Player (PvP) disputes.
    World of Warcraft

If you do not wish to engage in open world PvP combat in World of Warcraft, disable War Mode."
    https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/10184

Please stop spreading your Safespace-Susan-misinformation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Blizzard defines what is griefing or not. Not you, me or anybody else.
    That's not true, griefing at this point is a well defined action, blizzard is not defining what griefing is, they judge if an action is considered griefing and if they are willing to punish players for that. In fact, it's true that you, me and anybody else collectively made a definition of griefing, this term came from online community (not a specific online community, but from multitude of them) and it was formulated to describe perfectly what griefing is.

Basically, blizzard have an ability to say "no, that's not griefing" or "yes, that's griefing, and we are about to do something about it" or "yes, that's griefing, but we are not going to do anything about it" but they can't redefine the term