Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ...
20
28
29
30
31
32
... LastLast
  1. #581
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    trueee. Yet Wotlk had the most subs ever although it had a zombie event 1000000 times worse than the one we have right now.
    People in TBC would have been subscribed for WotLK launch event. So the event had nothing to do with record numbers.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  2. #582
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    You really think that there are so many people who would quit a game for a one-week event they don't like? So many that Blizzard would notice?

    Yeah we saw that in 2008, which was way worse.
    So you answered your own question and proved my point. Yes it is possible. Because it has already happened once.

  3. #583
    Epic! Hansworst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Schiedam, the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,683
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    So you answered your own question and proved my point. Yes it is possible. Because it has already happened once.
    Except people didn't unsub back then, active accounts actually grew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  4. #584
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    trueee.

    Yet Wotlk had the most subs ever although it had a zombie event 1000000 times worse than the one we have right now.
    YO means the zombie event that had so many complaints that they ended it early?

    Also, those subscriber were already subscribed long before that Wrath event So, you are not proving your argument correct at all. IN fact, you killed it becaus it adversely affected things to the point it was enbded early and players were compensated.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Except people didn't unsub back then, active accounts actually grew.
    They were already close to the top by that point. Also, you forget that event was ended early and players were compensated. Gee I wonder why that was?

  5. #585
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    YO means the zombie event that had so many complaints that they ended it early?

    Also, those subscriber were already subscribed long before that Wrath event So, you are not proving your argument correct at all. IN fact, you killed it becaus it adversely affected things to the point it was enbded early and players were compensated.
    Can you prove any of those "points/arguments" ? Just curious. I can say the exact opposite of what you say and it would be just as true as your statement. This whole sub go up or down based on a week long prepatch event is nothing but pure speculation created to support your view.

  6. #586
    Epic! Hansworst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Schiedam, the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,683
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    YO means the zombie event that had so many complaints that they ended it early?

    Also, those subscriber were already subscribed long before that Wrath event So, you are not proving your argument correct at all. IN fact, you killed it becaus it adversely affected things to the point it was enbded early and players were compensated.

    - - - Updated - - -

    They were already close to the top by that point. Also, you forget that event was ended early and players were compensated. Gee I wonder why that was?
    It didn't end early. It was released a week before launch. Guess when it ended? At launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  7. #587
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Can you prove any of those "points/arguments" ? Just curious. I can say the exact opposite of what you say and it would be just as true as your statement. This whole sub go up or down based on a week long prepatch event is nothing but pure speculation created to support your view.
    ASs I said before they ended it early and compensated players for it. I wonder why that is? A: Because they trying to prevent the loss of subs. But why use those facts when you can ignore them to push your own made up narrative?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    It didn't end early. It was released a week before launch. Guess when it ended? At launch.
    It ended early. They compensated players for it.

  8. #588
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    ASs I said before they ended it early and compensated players for it. I wonder why that is? A: Because they trying to prevent the loss of subs. But why use those facts when you can ignore them to push your own made up narrative?

    - - - Updated - - -

    It ended early. They compensated players for it.
    Then why they did it again? Man this makes no sense at all. And why didn't they end it early this time? This should mean it had no impact on subs, just using your logic here. They didn't end the event therefore they gained subs this time right?

  9. #589
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    It didn't end early. It was released a week before launch. Guess when it ended? At launch.
    That isn't true. The cure for the zombies happened on the 27th. The rest of the invasion events continued until launch. It lasted 6 days which might not have been "early" but likely could have been. Its impact was a lot greater in WotLK due to reagents, one auction house, etc.

    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zombie_Infestation
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-11-22 at 06:38 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  10. #590
    Epic! Hansworst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Schiedam, the Netherlands
    Posts
    1,683
    Can't find any news on that they ended the event earlier??

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That isn't true. The cure for the zombies happened on the 27th. The rest of the invasion events continued until launch

    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zombie_Infestation
    You are right, I stand coprrected, however can't find anything about that this wasn't their intention or of any compensation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  11. #591
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I'd just like to point out that you are forced flagged in Org & SW but even when you're out in the world UNflagged you can get zombiefied by your faction or the opposite faction if they explode. I was just in COT by Chromie and unflagged only to get the damn infection. People are griefing those out there too
    Yeah I didn't know this until I went into orgrimmar they must have made it autoflag people when they changed the rare spawn timer to 10 minutes because before that there was no auto flagging as far as I can remember.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  12. #592
    The auto-flagging is really my only problem with it. If I never rolled on PvP servers, never use war mode and never do any BGs, so I all-around don't do any PvP.

    Why should I be forced into lopsided PvP by a bunch of player-controlled ghouls that can nuke me down before I can react and turn me into one of them? I didn't care for it during WoTLK and I don't magically care for it now. As for the whole "immersion" and "theme" thing, sure. I don't mind NPC ghoul invasions.

    Anyway, I'm just grateful it only lasts like a week, but the people who claim you must enjoy this to not be some kind of buzzkill or boring person are dumb.

  13. #593
    Scarab Lord gaymer77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    4,819
    You know what I don't understand about this pre-patch event? Why is it that the ghouls/zombies are the only things attacking the main cities? Why aren't the cultists coming in or the Frostwyrm flying over and freezing everyone in place for a few seconds like they do out in the world on the other event areas?

  14. #594
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You know what I don't understand about this pre-patch event? Why is it that the ghouls/zombies are the only things attacking the main cities? Why aren't the cultists coming in or the Frostwyrm flying over and freezing everyone in place for a few seconds like they do out in the world on the other event areas?
    The short story release indicates that the more mindless of the scourge is rampaging. Where others are more restrained due to some will or having more powerful undead keeping them in line. That is why Archerus can still fly and only had a minor revolt in the crew. And I think any other references to cult/stuff is more of a throw back to the WotLK event.

    The ICC rares are all brought about by Mawsworn.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  15. #595
    LMAO I remember the exact same arguments when the first zombie pre patch event happeneed all those years ago. I remember flying into the roof at shatrath where adal was just to hide from the walking dead.

    The moaning then was incredible to behold people were proper crying about it 'Im on a pve server they shouldnt be able to kill me' or 'I want to quest I have pvp turned off its not fair i want a refund of my sub money'

    Then they were all going to quit the game, However the very nanosecond WOLK dropped they were all playing it and it was of course the best thing since sliced bread.

    Things never change they just get recycled.

  16. #596
    So many people are literally cherry picking what people are saying instead of reading entire posts. Tagging someone while you're a ghoul should NOT flag them for pvp, especially if they're on the same faction as you. There is no way this isn't a bug and people exploiting it deserve to be banned.

  17. #597
    So I log in in Zuldazar and poof I'm infected by rampaging zombies. I log out and plan to wait until tomorrow to play again. Great event, gives me time to enjoy some more Baldur's Gate 3.
    Shut your goddamn mouth, Gene!

  18. #598
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    The auto-flagging is really my only problem with it. If I never rolled on PvP servers, never use war mode and never do any BGs, so I all-around don't do any PvP.

    Why should I be forced into lopsided PvP by a bunch of player-controlled ghouls that can nuke me down before I can react and turn me into one of them? I didn't care for it during WoTLK and I don't magically care for it now. As for the whole "immersion" and "theme" thing, sure. I don't mind NPC ghoul invasions.

    Anyway, I'm just grateful it only lasts like a week, but the people who claim you must enjoy this to not be some kind of buzzkill or boring person are dumb.
    Pretty much this.

  19. #599
    Oh lol. Makes unfounded, unproven accusations of sub loss based on an event because he "said so" but I'm supposed to prove the opposite with a link.

    You haven't even unsubbed.

    I, on the other hand actually did resub.

    That's all the proof I need. I'm not the only one that came back for the prepatch and resubbed. It's you who need to show proof of all the players quitting over this. Which I wouldn't even request because it's a stupid request. There are no links for these metrics. But as you can see, NOONE is taking your word for it. Many people are just coming back. This is next level idiocy. And agreed T-34, key word is sane! lel

    By this same "prove it" logic, we need links from Blizzard saying none of this was their intention and even though they could have hotfixed it they didn't because...! See how that works? Get it? I'm guessing no!

    If you were right, all of this could have been hotfixed on day 1!
    Get it? I'm still guessing no!

  20. #600
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    That's all the proof I need. I'm not the only one that came back for the prepatch and resubbed. It's you who need to show proof of all the players quitting over this.
    To be fair resubscribing because of the pre-patch is entirely different then resubscribing just for the zombie event. The zombie event will be very few peoples sole reason for returning to the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •