Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    YOu are the one who0 needs to get some perspeective. If I am not happy with the game, I quit.
    It is a week long event. Perspective, my friend

Footage from the Scarlet Scourge invasion.

as someone who loved the original event and is currently not subbed, i think its fine to have swarms of zombi attacking people during world bosses, but if it causes people to not be able to loot the boss even after they tag it and die/zombify, but their group still kills it, thats pretty retarded and i dont see how they thought that was a wise decision. 99% of the content in the game lets you die and still loot what your party was fighting, why the heck not this?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    ASs I said before they ended it early and compensated players for it. I wonder why that is? A: Because they trying to prevent the loss of subs. But why use those facts when you can ignore them to push your own made up narrative?

- - - Updated - - -

It ended early. They compensated players for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    That isn't true. The cure for the zombies happened on the 27th. The rest of the invasion events continued until launch. It lasted 6 days which might not have been "early" but likely could have been. Its impact was a lot greater in WotLK due to reagents, one auction house, etc.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Zombie_Infestation
    There is no mention anywhere on that page of the zombie infestation ending early, nor do I recall any "compensation" for players after complaints were made. If my memory serves correctly, the zombie infestation part was always intended to last only one week before leading directly into the second scourge invasion (which had actually already partially started halfway through the first week). I was a very active player at the time and I distinctly remember that so many of the same complaints we're hearing now happened back then too, but there was never an early end to the zombie infestation or any compensation to players. Hell, there's still articles and blogs up to this day from 2008 with titles like "Fun or grief?", forum posts about how "WoW [made] a big mistake with WotLK event", none of these conversations are new.

I think another thing that you and many others forget is that the zombie invasion part of this pre-patch is already WAY downplayed compared to how it was in WotLK. Back in the Wrath pre-patch, plagued crates were sent to every capital city except Shattrath. It wasn't just Stormwind, Orgrimmar, and a few sporadic pockets where someone decided to go out of their way to drag the plague out there to mess with people. The zombie infestation back then was everywhere, including packs of plagued NPCs that would patrol low-level zones and attack everything at random, including other mobs and players. Small infestations spawned all over the world map. There were even plagued rats and roaches that spread it even further. Compare that to now and this looks like baby's first scourge invasion. Inconvenienced by zombies? Just mount up and fly away. Couldn't do that in Wrath-era Stormwind. Also back then, Alliance ghouls could take Horde city portals and vice versa, like those in Shattrath.

I'm not saying that you have to like this event. In fact, I understand the frustration many people feel about it. But I also feel like it gets blown way out of proportion. This is scourge invasion lite for all those people that thought the last one was too widespread. This time around, already turned ghouls can't even enter the deeprun tram to get between Stormwind and Ironforge. Just be thankful this wasn't two weeks of a Wrath-era zombie infestation.
    Last edited by Darsyek; 2020-11-23 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Spelling

The problem is that if you have WM off you cant do anything to the zombies. They can attack and kill you while you get the message "you cant attack that target while warmode is off". Zombies should be attackable by anyone and anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    The problem is that if you have WM off you cant do anything to the zombies. They can attack and kill you while you get the message "you cant attack that target while warmode is off". Zombies should be attackable by anyone and anywhere.
    They also shouldn't tag people for pvp especially if they're on the same faction as you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    They also shouldn't tag people for pvp especially if they're on the same faction as you.
    you get honor for killing em, and usually zoning removes the pvp flag.

Not like there's a bunch of wm off wpvpers to be worried about

Its a zombie apocalypse invasion.

It wouldn't be much of an invasion if the zombies had to ask your permission to spread the plague now would it?

Everyone who complains about being inconvenienced by the event are just a bunch of whiners and are completely ignorant to its theme. ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.

Why does everything have to be such a problem in this community?. It's a one week event. Just avoid the city or sitting on the ground for one week and you're fine. Or just don't play for a couple days. I personally couldn't care less about the zombie invasion and got annoyed 2-3 times when someone infected me while camping Sha, but I just corpse run and learned my lesson to just stay mid-air. It's supposed to be disruptive and add this funny gameplay element for a couple days. It's not a big deal no matter how you look at it

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    you get honor for killing em, and usually zoning removes the pvp flag.

Not like there's a bunch of wm off wpvpers to be worried about
    Zoning absolutely does NOT remove the flag.

Stood in the Fire
    You now, I went to New Orleans once. It was horrible. You could even go out late... the streets were full of people, singing, drinking and everything. It was horrible. Nobody considered that some folks just wanted to have a walk in the evening. And then people started throwing this beads around. It was an absolutly safety hazzard. And the police didn't do a thing about it. I hope whoever was in charge has been fired immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Why does everything have to be such a problem in this community?. It's a one week event. Just avoid the city or sitting on the ground for one week and you're fine. Or just don't play for a couple days. I personally couldn't care less about the zombie invasion and got annoyed 2-3 times when someone infected me while camping Sha, but I just corpse run and learned my lesson to just stay mid-air. It's supposed to be disruptive and add this funny gameplay element for a couple days. It's not a big deal no matter how you look at it
    Exactly. It is not.

What it is, is a pseudo-problem. AKA. A non-issue among some few individuals who can't keep their egos in check and feel the need to cry about it to the authorities so that they could get it, their way.

It's pathetic. Considering the scope and the context. It's over starting tomorrow AFAIK.

less than 12 hours. you guys cant do it. i believe in you!

Don't you give consent to be zombie griefed when you activate the warmode? I suppose the warmode bonus makes people forget, but this is like a prostitute who complains about the job after agreeing to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    It is a week long event. Perspective, my friend
    You are the one the one who needs perspective. If I am not happy, I should not have to bend over and take it. You are quite happy doing it. I am not. I am going to let Blizzard hear it. Period.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naramag View Post
    You now, I went to New Orleans once. It was horrible. You could even go out late... the streets were full of people, singing, drinking and everything. It was horrible. Nobody considered that some folks just wanted to have a walk in the evening. And then people started throwing this beads around. It was an absolutly safety hazzard. And the police didn't do a thing about it. I hope whoever was in charge has been fired immediately.
    This is nowhere close to a relevant analogy espiecally sinc e New Orlenas is a very large City and you can walk through 95% of it without anyone bothering you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Who are you to dictate how players should feel? People have the right to be upset about it. And if they are, it's a big deal to them no matter how you try to claim it isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by forrestgimp View Post
    LMAO I remember the exact same arguments when the first zombie pre patch event happeneed all those years ago. I remember flying into the roof at shatrath where adal was just to hide from the walking dead.

The moaning then was incredible to behold people were proper crying about it 'Im on a pve server they shouldnt be able to kill me' or 'I want to quest I have pvp turned off its not fair i want a refund of my sub money'

Then they were all going to quit the game, However the very nanosecond WOLK dropped they were all playing it and it was of course the best thing since sliced bread.

Things never change they just get recycled.
    OF course what you ignore is the fact thaqt BLizzard ended the event early and gave compensation. Gee I wonder why people didn't quit?

Post a source thats states that the wrath event ended early.

Really annoying. I wanted to suss some stuff in the AH and empty out my bags/bank to get ready for shadow lands but I kept getting turned into a zombie. Waiting till its over so I can use org again.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Complain some more and then never mention it again after it is gone. Jesus christ just let people enjoy an event once in a while. If you think griefing wasn't the point, well then you're just naive to think visiting icecrown again was the point. You are the very reason this event exists, we don't want whiny babies that can't handle a damn temporary and optional event in a video game. Go ahead and never log in again, we don't want you here. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Blizzard should have created it as a brawl. .
    They could have tested cross-faction play.
    10vs10 BG
    Infected (5 Horde and 5 Alliance) vs Non-infected (5 Horde and 5 Alliance)

Dear Diary: Someone killed me in a video game even when I didn't want to... this is a problem...I could have gotten around it by staying out of the way for like a week but instead can we just remove this thing that's fun for people because I die.