Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It's clear you have never spent any kind of time on a roleplaying server. Being forced to mount up and fly into the air pretty much prevents roleplayers from doing what they want. Saying it's not an issue on max populated servers is just incredibly false. Don't make comments about roleplaying if you literally have no idea how roleplaying is done.
    You can still do what you want just do it somewhere else for the week, there is far more problems with the game as a whole than a short term event, im on a max populated realm and there is no issues at all with it, if your unable to adapt as a roleplayer the you must be one boring roleplayer then, if it bothers you that much im sure you have many games that you could easily play until the launch, your money gives you no entitlement to play the way you want anyway its just access to the blizzard servers.

    The players doing it just to be zombies are roleplaying and doing what zombies do.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  2. #122
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    27,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You say this, and yet don't happen to mention the MoP prepatch which I think speaks miles about how bad it was. :P

    Going through Stormwind though is pretty active with zombies for me personally on my server.
    Holy crap, you're right... Did MoP even HAVE a pre-patch event, and what was it?? Even the Cata one is more memorable it would seem.

    Well, I do remember the sensation of Deathwing flying into a zone, it was an awesome feeling. It wasn't enough of a clear and present danger, but when it happened it was fun.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    2021: Great! Now we can't tell whether news reports are from the US or Belarus other than by hearing "Trump" or "Maga" in there...

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    You can still do what you want just do it somewhere else for the week, there is far more problems with the game as a whole than a short term event, im on a max populated realm and there is no issues at all with it, if your unable to adapt as a roleplayer the you must be one boring roleplayer then, if it bothers you that much im sure you have many games that you could easily play until the launch, your money gives you no entitlement to play the way you want anyway its just access to the blizzard servers.

    The players doing it just to be zombies are roleplaying and doing what zombies do.
    Every single major city is flooded with griefers from other servers that want to make life hell for roleplayers. Even the freaking Exodar has people running around griefing. And saying that my money only gives me access to the servers is absolutely asinine. There's a reason people typically get banned for griefing. If you detract from other player's enjoyment of the game, you get banned. But apparently Blizzard is ok with griefing during this event.

    And no. they are not "roleplaying and doing what zombies do." They are quite clearly griefing and even say as much in general and trade chat. The mentality you have about all this is part of why this game's community is so incredibly toxic now.

  4. #124
    "Griefing"

    Lol
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    If I had to bitch at all, it would be automatically flagging me for pvp even when no zombies have attacked me.
    Leave the city. You don't even have to take a flight path or wait 5 mins, just go out and wait like 10 seconds and pvp is off again.

  6. #126
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    32,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Holy crap, you're right... Did MoP even HAVE a pre-patch event, and what was it?? Even the Cata one is more memorable it would seem.

    Well, I do remember the sensation of Deathwing flying into a zone, it was an awesome feeling. It wasn't enough of a clear and present danger, but when it happened it was fun.
    The Theramore scenario, Attack on Theramore Isle, was basically MoP's pre-patch event.
    "HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING. DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE SO FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM." - Death, Hogfather

  7. #127
    I want to thank Blizzard for bringing this back. I was not around for the pre-Wrath event. Despite this one supposedly somewhat neutered, it is still enjoyably triggering grumpypants players.

    Yesterday, I went to the Timeless Isle to do the elite daily, which I bust out by aoeing the sprites. However, some enterprising individual ported there as infected and killed a sprite. There was a giant fps-reducing blob of zombies constantly killing the sprites, which almost instantly respawn. God, that was great to see. I even tried to spread it to a few of the npcs around the four bosses, but the guards are strong.


    addons
    weakauras
    Lua Wall of Shame
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Every single major city is flooded with griefers from other servers that want to make life hell for roleplayers. Even the freaking Exodar has people running around griefing. And saying that my money only gives me access to the servers is absolutely asinine. There's a reason people typically get banned for griefing. If you detract from other player's enjoyment of the game, you get banned. But apparently Blizzard is ok with griefing during this event.

    And no. they are not "roleplaying and doing what zombies do." They are quite clearly griefing and even say as much in general and trade chat. The mentality you have about all this is part of why this game's community is so incredibly toxic now.
    Its not griefing its roleplaying as a zombie simple as that, blizzard have done this event before any knows what happens, its not up to you to determine what is roleplaying or not, they are playing the role of a zombie and that role is to infect everyone they can.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Leave the city. You don't even have to take a flight path or wait 5 mins, just go out and wait like 10 seconds and pvp is off again.
    I know and I barely stay in a city anyway. It's just taking the teleport, getting flagged even when nothing is in there or near me, and then going off doing what I wanted.

    I'm not saying I'm being griefed or being irritated by the zombies. Frankly, I love that shit.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its not griefing its roleplaying as a zombie simple as that, blizzard have done this event before any knows what happens, its not up to you to determine what is roleplaying or not, they are playing the role of a zombie and that role is to infect everyone they can.
    Guess what? People fucking hated it last time it happened too. The only people who remember is fondly are griefers. And no, they are not "roleplaying as zombies" so stop saying it. I actually have characters on a roleplaying server. I've been a roleplayer in the game since Wrath. It's clear you aren't a roleplayer so...yeah. I can say with certainty I know more than you do about what is or isn't roleplaying. What is happening is griefing, not roleplaying. Especially since there are people boasting about "shitting on the stupid roleplayers" in public chats.

  11. #131
    Was turned into a zombie once, thought you can't even be turned into one with WM off. Now, I just fly around and ignore the griefers. It's only an event for a handful of griefers who enjoy killing afk players. But each their own.

  12. #132
    meh the zombie event last a little while then its over. Been playing of and off today and havent seen anything going on in the big citys, guess I missed it.

  13. #133
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,112
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Guess what? People fucking hated it last time it happened too. The only people who remember is fondly are griefers. And no, they are not "roleplaying as zombies" so stop saying it. I actually have characters on a roleplaying server. I've been a roleplayer in the game since Wrath. It's clear you aren't a roleplayer so...yeah. I can say with certainty I know more than you do about what is or isn't roleplaying. What is happening is griefing, not roleplaying. Especially since there are people boasting about "shitting on the stupid roleplayers" in public chats.
    Just because you spend a lot of time doing something, does not mean you are some "expert".

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Because they've actively said so in general and trade chat. They talk about how much fun it is that they're allowed to troll roleplayers. And your question about roleplaying a zombie is asinine.
    If you roleplay why would you even read OOC chats? Turn them off, walk through your city and see it overrun by zombies. get your friends together and do something against the zombie invasion! Protect the npc healers, kill zombies as fast as you can.

    You could look at it as an event hyping up the expansion by showing you what kind of threat awaits Azeroth if we don't succeed in Shadowlands and put again a Lich King on the Frozen Throne. But you choose to be a whiny little kid.

  15. #135
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    41,891
    I enjoy the whole spread ghouls around thing as it is. I'm not trying to troll people when infecting someone. I'm just playing out the event as intended. Again the concept is fine, execution is what matters most.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Except they actually changed Kazzak to start leashing after a certain distance because people were upset about getting killed in Stormwind at low levels. Just like with this event, the only people that actively enjoyed it was griefers.
    ? That doesn't even make sense. He killed indiscriminately. We couldn't grief anyone. He got stronger with more deaths etc iirc. Kazzak attacking Org was a blast. It was fun. Just like with this event, I didn't grief anyone and still enjoyed it. You must be new if you consider this "grief". Classic STV on pvp server. That was grief lol. Get a grip and some perspective. God does no one remember hunters kiting in the one elite from barrens or wherever it was? Or how about alliance Mc'ing Saurfang in org and him one shotting us? lol or how about waiting outside the portals for AB and mc'ing whats his name to kill them as they came out? I can think of many instances of griefers and this comes in near last. Also shout out to classic rogues that were well known and hated on servers, waiting on the boats for fun times!

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Guess what? People fucking hated it last time it happened too. The only people who remember is fondly are griefers. And no, they are not "roleplaying as zombies" so stop saying it. I actually have characters on a roleplaying server. I've been a roleplayer in the game since Wrath. It's clear you aren't a roleplayer so...yeah. I can say with certainty I know more than you do about what is or isn't roleplaying. What is happening is griefing, not roleplaying. Especially since there are people boasting about "shitting on the stupid roleplayers" in public chats.
    They are roleplaying as a zombie though, they want to get infected and kill as many as possible, just because you say it isnt doesnt make it any less true and its a limited time event to do it, your roleplaying is not any more important and its an intended gameplay design.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    If you roleplay why would you even read OOC chats? Turn them off, walk through your city and see it overrun by zombies. get your friends together and do something against the zombie invasion! Protect the npc healers, kill zombies as fast as you can.

    You could look at it as an event hyping up the expansion by showing you what kind of threat awaits Azeroth if we don't succeed in Shadowlands and put again a Lich King on the Frozen Throne. But you choose to be a whiny little kid.
    That's the thing. There is literally nothing that can be done. Protecting the NPCs is borderline impossible because of the sheer amount of assholes flooding in to infect everything. I have general chat enabled because there are times that guilds advertise public roleplay events in chat, asking if people want to join. But ever since this zombie crap started happening, it's mostly just been jerks laughing at people not wanting to have their gameplay disrupted. But based on your last sentence, it's clear you side more with the griefers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    ? That doesn't even make sense. He killed indiscriminately. We couldn't grief anyone. He got stronger with more deaths etc iirc. Kazzak attacking Org was a blast. It was fun. Just like with this event, I didn't grief anyone and still enjoyed it. You must be new if you consider this "grief". Classic STV on pvp server. That was grief lol. Get a grip and some perspective. God does no one remember hunters kiting in the one elite from barrens or wherever it was? Or how about alliance Mc'ing Saurfang in org and him one shotting us? lol or how about waiting outside the portals for AB and mc'ing whats his name to kill them as they came out? I can think of many instances of griefers and this comes in near last. Also shout out to classic rogues that were well known and hated on servers, waiting on the boats for fun times!
    I'm saying griefers enjoyed it because they were the ones kiting Kazzak to Stormwind. Blizzard stepped in, killed Kazzak, then had him leash with a hotfix when it got really bad.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    They are roleplaying as a zombie though, they want to get infected and kill as many as possible, just because you say it isnt doesnt make it any less true and its a limited time event to do it, your roleplaying is not any more important and its an intended gameplay design.
    If they turned into beatiful butterflies they would do the same. This has nothing to do with roleplaying lol.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    They are roleplaying as a zombie though, they want to get infected and kill as many as possible, just because you say it isnt doesnt make it any less true and its a limited time event to do it, your roleplaying is not any more important and its an intended gameplay design.
    Ok you really are being purposely obtuse now. the people rampaging on roleplaying servers aren't roleplayers. A good amount of them rolled fresh characters on roleplay servers in order to grief roleplayers. And sure it's the "intended game design" but that's what makes it SHITTY game design. Intentionally giving players the ability to grief other people will do nothing but piss off the players getting griefed. Also, saying it's a limited time event is a fallacy because I pay $15 a month for the game. Being forced to partake in content I really don't want anything to do with for 2 out of the 4 weeks I paid for is utter trash.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Just because you spend a lot of time doing something, does not mean you are some "expert".
    Considering the person I was responding to has been making incredibly ignorant comments about the roleplaying community, I can safely say I know more than they do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •