Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Nor is anyone else. It's more like going to a restaurant that serves both steak and icecream, buying steak, and then being angry that they give you a steak smeared with icecream. No one is upset that there's a mechanic in the game that turns you into a zombie, that's just a retarded strawman. People are annoyed that they are being forced into literal PvP wherein people on the same faction get to attempt to one-shot you, despite not playing on a PvP server or flagging for PvP.
    No wrong. You knew exactly what will happen this week. You went into the restaurant knowing exactly what you will get served. And if you didn't then that's on you. Blizzard and every stupid fansite talked about this event for months.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The healers are a momentary reprieve before griefers descend upon you once more. I'd almost prefer no healers for all the good they do. This event is literally a griefers wet dream because Blizzard is actively encouraging them to be jerks. On Wyrmrest Accord and Moon Guard, major cities have become full of people hovering in the air or close to a healer because people feel the need to troll roleplayers constantly.
    I can't argue with it being griefer's paradise. I'm not sure its better with or without healers. its pretty shitty either way if you are trying to do anything other then participate in griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You pay for a game that turns you into zombie, saying that you shouldn't be forced to be turned into a zombie.

I'm not buying ice cream demanding a steak. If you feel like you can not do in the game what you wanna do because the game is the way it is, then stop paying for the game. What is wrong with you. Not everything is centered around your needs.
    Your comparison is incredibly wrong. It's more like I paid for ice cream and you gave me ice cream but it was made with spoiled ingredients. Sure, you gave me ice cream but there's absolutely no way I'm eating it and I'm going to ask for my money back. Forcing players to partake in an event while also expecting them to pay for it is beyond asinine.

No wrong. You knew exactly what will happen this week. You went into the restaurant knowing exactly what you will get served. And if you didn't then that's on you. Blizzard and every stupid fansite talked about this event for months.
    and every single thing that I've read about it was that IT WOULD BE OPTIONAL. some spoke about it being warmode. not one, NOT ONE SITE that I saw said ANYTHING about autoflagging for pvp. so no. we did NOT know what we were getting into. because silly us, we thought that with introduction of warmode - flagging had to be done manually. not one of us anticipated out FACTION TOWNS being turned into enemy towns when it comes to flagging all of a sudden.

No, they didn't. They didn't say "hey players will be allowed to grief quest NPCs, grief players trying to level in low level zones, and grief players trying to run Nathanos and Icecrown rares. Oh and you have no choice about partaking in the event. You are forced to do it whether you like it or not". Because if they had, A LOT of people wouldn't have subbed this month.

Link me the Blizzard post saying you will be automatically flagged for PvP. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    and every single thing that I've read about it was that IT WOULD BE OPTIONAL. some spoke about it being warmode. not one, NOT ONE SITE that I saw said ANYTHING about autoflagging for pvp. so no. we did NOT know what we were getting into. because silly us, we thought that with introduction of warmode - flagging had to be done manually. not one of us anticipated out FACTION TOWNS being turned into enemy towns when it comes to flagging all of a sudden.
    What made you think, that turning off WM makes you immune to a zombie invasion? Did Blizzard say that?

- - - Updated - - -

Link me the Blizzard post saying you will be automatically flagged for PvP. Go ahead, I'll wait.
    Yes, because being flagged for PvP is the point of the event. Sure mate. Talking about Strawmen.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It isn't a feature, otherwise they wouldn't have watered it down do much. It's hilarious too because if they had just used Warmode for an opt out toggle, they could make it as chaotic as they wanted and nobody would have complained. They are not bright at all.
    They didn't make it WM only because that defeats the entire purpose of the Zombie event.

You "Scrap bot is an automated sex bot" really need to get over yourselves, the game isn't here just to cater to you, take the good with the bad and just roll with it.

I know who reported this post, I stand by what I said, regardless of that automated pile of junk.
    Last edited by Addiena; 2020-11-20 at 05:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If it was a dead server, why didn't I see dead things - instead of hundreds of living characters?
    Well, since that flew over your head, allow me to unpack it for you. The zombie event has been active for more than 5 minutes, and several servers which I happen to belong to are all experiencing the same thing: A pile of skeletons in the mage tower, auction houses, taverns, and canals, where multiple people are looking for Zombies to infect them so they can then go and one shot other players in that same city. But just in case that is STILL confusing for you:

My use of the word "dead" implies a lack of activity where as there are so few players around that no one is being infected.

Just want to make sure I explained it to your liking.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Yes, because being flagged for PvP is the point of the event. Sure mate. Talking about Strawmen.
    ?????

Being forced into PvP is what this entire thread is about. Have you not read any of it?

What made you think, that turning off WM makes you immune to a zombie invasion? Did Blizzard say that?

- - - Updated - - -

pretty sure they mentioned that you had to opt in to participate. and there are no strawmen but those you are building. autoflagging IS the issue here.

a mmo game should never have event that forces players to AVOID others players

and those reactions "you should be forced to participate because I need people to shit on or I won't have the hardon I want" is exactly WHY I play solo on mmo
    I never use WM, I never flag, I hate pvp and if someday blizzard want to DELETE that shit from the game I'll rejoice

toxic players are being toxic

and so I won't log until SL launch, I don't have time to waste on stupid kikoo kevin

- - - Updated - - -

Do you....even know what a strawman argument is? Being flagged for pvp is NOT what this event is about. Blizzard never mentioned once before the event started that people would be automatically flagged for pvp. Which is a big part of why people are pissed. Forcing pvp on people who don't turn on war mode is god awful design.

?????

Being forced into PvP is what this entire thread is about. Have you not read any of it?
    No, this thread is about being turned into zombies. Exactly what the event should be and exactly what the event was advertised as. If players or npc turn you into zombies is completely irrelevant for the point of "i can't kill rares because i'm killed by zombies so i want my moneys back".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Do you....even know what a strawman argument is? Being flagged for pvp is NOT what this event is about. Blizzard never mentioned once before the event started that people would be automatically flagged for pvp. Which is a big part of why people are pissed. Forcing pvp on people who don't turn on war mode is god awful design.
    Is the pvp flagging what stops you from playing the game or the zombies that kill you? If the zombies, pvp flagging is completely irrelevant.

No, this thread is about being turned into zombies. Exactly what the event should be and exactly what the event was advertised as. If players or npc turn you into zombies is completely irrelevant for the point of "i can't kill rares because i'm killed by zombies so i want my moneys back".

- - - Updated - - -

Is the pvp flagging what stops you from playing the game or the zombies that kill you? If the zombies, pvp flagging is completely irrelevant.
    Zombies can't attack you unless you are flagged. Entering ANY city automatically flags you. There is no option to opt out. You are immediately forced to partake in pvp. Do you really have absolutely no idea how the event works? Also, I want my money back because even if I tagged the rare or world boss I get NOTHING from them if I was infected before they died.

It is 100% relevant. NPCs don't deliberately camp quest mobs, auction houses or flight paths. They don't specifically seek out AFK players to kill. They have aggro tables. They can't fly up to unreachable locations before turning to kill people. They don't form up raids and strategize to kill as many players as possible. NPCs don't flag everyone in a city so that enemy faction players can then come in and kill people who didn't opt into PvP.

It is 100% relevant. NPCs don't deliberately camp quest mobs, auction houses or flight paths. They don't specifically seek out AFK players to kill. They have aggro tables. They can't fly up to unreachable locations before turning to kill people. They don't form up raids and strategize to kill as many players as possible. NPCs don't flag everyone in a city so that enemy faction players can then come in and kill people who didn't opt into PvP.
    all
    of
    THIS.

If your main gameplay is afking in a city, I feel truly sorry for you and Blizzard should refund you your 15$. For anyone else, the event is exactly going as expected. I expect to be killed by zombies in a zombie invasion event. If it happens because nolifers are griefing as zombies or because an army of npc zombies - does not matter.

If your main gameplay is afking in a city, I feel truly sorry for you and Blizzard should refund you your 15$. For anyone else, the event is exactly going as expected. I expect to be killed by zombies in a zombie invasion event. If it happens because nolifers are griefing as zombies or because an army of npc zombies - does not matter.
    Being AFK is literally ONE of the examples but of course you focus on that because you have absolutely no counter for everything else. Also, people go afk sometimes because you know....real life happens. Some people need to step away for personal business. Maybe someone has to go to the bathroom. People don't log in JUST to afk.

You have absolutely no ground to stand on with all your points and this recent response from you really drives that fact home.

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-11-20 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Video