Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    People spreading a plague far and wide with no easy way to cure it? Wow, your immersion must be crushed.
    No that I don't mind, what I did mind were the asshats who would get infected and then wait for Ice Crown Rares to spawn and blow up on the group. I knew this would happen, so I stay in the air until after that explosion, then drop down get a tag in, and get out before anyone else would explode. Turning Zombie currently can bug you out for loot, and I've always hated trolls and trolling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    It is funny to see how intended event is considered as 'griefieng' for some people.
    Go camp Bronjahm for a shot at the 34 slot bag, have some git explode on you at spawn, then see how you feel when you are ineligible to loot the body afterwards. Now you can see why some people don't like this. I remember the old Wrath invasion, I have fun with the current invasion, but purposely trolling like that, no I draw a line there.

If you actually care about that bag, or any of the loot from the event you have bigger problems than "griefing"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Go camp Bronjahm for a shot at the 34 slot bag, have some git explode on you at spawn, then see how you feel when you are ineligible to loot the body afterwards. Now you can see why some people don't like this. I remember the old Wrath invasion, I have fun with the current invasion, but purposely trolling like that, no I draw a line there.
    Do people really get bent out shape of small stuff like this? Like if this is the worst thing that happens to you all day (especially during a fucking pandemic) how can you even complain?

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    You have years of an expansion to level up alts and do normal content, I don't see throwing in a little added fun the last week of BfA as something to get triggered about. And this one was very neutered from the original wrath scourge event, so if it in it's current form is annoying I'd have loved to see the responses back then. In fact complaints like this are why we ended up getting a boring neutered event, because so many people complained that it might slightly impact their ability to level their 17th alt to 50 in 5 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    As I said, Blizzard refusing to enforce it';s rules does not make it OK. Speeding is illegal. You managing not to be pulled over by a cop for it doesn't make it legal.
    Its not up to you to say what is griefing or not, simple fact is its an official event from blizzard so by that fact alone its not considered griefing and is the intended gameplay, so stop trying to push your own ideas of what griefing is when the company doesnt consider it griefing and they are the only ones to decide that. The event is designed so when they turn into a zombie they can infect as many players as they can.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I've only seen a zombie once, in org, and right next to the healer npc to remove the infection.

Totally underwhelming if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    So what if the entire event was AI driven but had the exact same outcome?

- - - Updated - - -

You arent listening. The zombie is considered a player because its being controlled by a player. For players to fight, pvp has to be on and for the event to function it lets the zombie force pvp. I dont care about your hypothetical. Im telling you what is actually happening and why.
    You don't care about my hypothetical becaue you don't want to admit it is the perfect solution. You don't need to force flag anyone. Therefore, there is a way to do it in which force flagging is not required.

Do people really get bent out shape of small stuff like this? Like if this is the worst thing that happens to you all day (especially during a fucking pandemic) how can you even complain?
    the only 34 slot bag currently available in game, for 3 more days. Yeah I can see why people get pissed about it. I can understand missing out limited time only rewards due to RNGeebus telling you to "Sod off", but missing out because other players force it on ya... no that's just pure Douchebaggery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, wow you're right. Guys, everybody in this thread, just stop commenting. We're in the middle of a pandemic. We shouldn't be complaining about a game we're stuck playing because we can't fucking go anywhere. None of you have a right to complain about anything until we're out of this pandemic.

On another note I find it interesting how I and a few other people have presented solutions that would please both sides but everybody else is like "NO, THIS IS THE WAY IT WAS MEANT TO BE! SUCK IT UP OR PLAY SOMETHING ELSE". Really goes to show how open to reason these people can be. Really makes me think that everybody defending this lazily designed event are the very people I'm talking about. Afterall if there was an option to opt out of the zombie PvP that everybody is forced to participate in who will they have to grief? Then it'll be "THIS ISN'T FUN AT ALL, THIS IS SO BORING, WORST EVENT EVER!"
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-11-20 at 04:07 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I have had different experiences based on different alts - to the point where I got infected in Crossroads (and immediately I was "WTF...I don't want this shit") and where Zombies were camping Nathanos (and immediately I was "WTF...I don't want this shit")
    I never came across any of that. The whole event is dead on my realm because nobody wants to do it. NOt surprising since everyone has warmode off for a reason for wich Blizzard is too dumb to be able to grasp.

What DOES seem fun unanimously though apparently is camping the rares that drop a 34 slot bag and a mount on every alt possible
    Thankfully, I got the mount years ago in Utgarde Pinnacle. The bag though isn't really much for me since I am only gaining two slots.

Oh yeah...and getting the transmogs complete / quick upgrades to ilv 100 or even 110....
    Yeah, the 110 drops are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Go camp Bronjahm for a shot at the 34 slot bag, have some git explode on you at spawn,
    You gotta be blind not to see their slow ass cast bar and back off a couple yard.

Wow, how dare people and their want to do other things in game like kill the rares to upgrade their toons. Who are you to tell others how to play the game or when they can complain? People have the right to be upset about their game play being interrupted. People have the right to be upset about the trolling.

You don't care about my hypothetical becaue you don't want to admit it is the perfect solution. You don't need to force flag anyone. Therefore, there is a way to do it in which force flagging is not required.
    I dont care about your hypothetical because using WM as a toogle for an prepatch expansion event is a bastardization of what WM is even supposed to do and opting out of a fucking an expansion event shouldnt be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its not up to you to say what is griefing or not, simple fact is its an official event from blizzard so by that fact alone its not considered griefing and is the intended gameplay, so stop trying to push your own ideas of what griefing is when the company doesnt consider it griefing and they are the only ones to decide that. The event is designed so when they turn into a zombie they can infect as many players as they can.
    I am not . I am going by their rules that they list themselves. They say it is griefing. Refusing to enforce the rules they made, not me, during an event doesn't make it suddenly OK.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont care about your hypothetical because using WM as a toogle for an prepatch expansion event is a bastardization of what WM is even supposed to do and opting out of a fucking an expansion event shouldnt be an option.
    No it isn't .It's the exact same thing. You attack other players, you kill other players. You get attacked by NPCS, you get killed by NPCS. What is the real bastardization is forcing people to PvP when Warmode is turned off. Warmode off means you cannot be attacked by another player. That rule should apply to the event. That means Warmode on, you can be attacked, Warmode off, you can't. The only reason ANYONE is against that is because they are a griefer. Period.

Wow, how dare people and their want to do other things in game like kill the rares to upgrade their toons. Who are you to tell others how to play the game or when they can complain? People have the right to be upset about their game play being interrupted. People have the right to be upset about the trolling.
    I dont care that they are killing mobs to upgrade their characters. No one is arguing against that. Thats literally half the point of this game. Im stating that you are bitching about something so incredibly insignificant in the grand scheme of things thats its almost unreal. You are being mildly inconvenienced and you treat it like the end of the world. I mean how do you react to things that you dont like in the real world? Are you upset that you have to do things to survive?

- - - Updated - - -

I am not . I am going by their rules that they list themselves. They say it is griefing. Refusing to enforce the rules they made, not me, during an event doesn't make it suddenly OK.

- - - Updated - - -

No it isn't .It's the exact same thing. You attack other players, you kill other players. You get attacked by NPCS, you get killed by NPCS. What is the real bastardization is forcing people to PvP when Warmode is turned off. Warmode off means you cannot be attacked by another player. That rule should apply to the event. That means Warmode on, you can be attacked, Warmode off, you can't. The only reason ANYONE is against that is because they are a griefer. Period.
    You can still be attacked by (real) players with war mode off so your point doesnt even work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand this logic. Why should I be forced to engage in content I don't want to do? Explain to me why there shouldn't be options for people to opt out of the zombie PVP. Give me one good reason why people should be forced to do something they don't want or don't care to do.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Fine as it is. MMOs should be like that 24/7, not this baby cuddling, almost hello kitty like tablet game...

Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    If you actually care about that bag, or any of the loot from the event you have bigger problems than "griefing"
    Theres only 2 34 slot bags in game this one and one that costs 500k why would people NOT care about it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    Fine as it is. MMOs should be like that 24/7, not this baby cuddling, almost hello kitty like tablet game...
    And games that try and force that mentality die off. Tell me a successful one that does things like this. I will wait

Its up to blizzard to decide what is considered griefing, the TOS are just rough guidelines with no clear definition as its all decided by blizzard in the end.

Simple fact its an official blizzard case and point, its not griefing its the intended gameplay of the event, they decide when something is within the rules or not, this event is not violating blizzard policies within the TOS as the whole point in the event with the zombie part is to infect as many players as you want.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    I don't understand this logic. Why should I be forced to engage in content I don't want to do? Explain to me why there shouldn't be options for people to opt out of the zombie PVP. Give me one good reason why people should be forced to do something they don't want or don't care to do.
    Are you killing rares in ICC?