Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO it isn't. That is not the intent of the event. But people abuse itbecuae they get their rocks off to ruining the fun of others. All they had to do was go with their original plans of Warmode only. But they never learned from the first event. They just cannot seem to grasp that having an event that causes people to not login is bad for the game. It's a staggering level of incompetence from the devs.
    Griefing is literally the entire point of zombie events. What do you think the intended goal was? People would line up for the zombie game and leave other people in peace? They might as well remove warmode while they're at it. This is what happened in 2008, and in the Corrupted Blood "event" before that. It's a plague; and this time they watered it down for people like you
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its up to blizzard to decide what is considered griefing, the TOS are just rough guidelines with no clear definition as its all decided by blizzard in the end.

Simple fact its an official blizzard case and point, its not griefing its the intended gameplay of the event, they decide when something is within the rules or not, this event is not violating blizzard policies within the TOS as the whole point in the event with the zombie part is to infect as many players as you want.
    I will never understand the amount of mental gymnastics for people to say "some allowed me to be an insufferable asshole, so i'm going to ride it out!"

Do griefers (or for comparison, gankers or similar) need an excuse, do they expect to be forgiven on a moral level if they found a loophole?
    Yes, Blizzards obviously allows the WM system to be circumvented by this asinine event, but that does not make anyone doing obnoxious things less of an obnoxious asscake.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    I will never understand the amount of mental gymnastics for people to say "some allowed me to be an insufferable asshole, so i'm going to ride it out!"

Do griefers (or for comparison, gankers or similar) need an excuse, do they expect to be forgiven on a moral level if they found a loophole?
    Yes, Blizzards obviously allows the WM system to be circumvented by this asinine event, but that does not make anyone doing obnoxious things less of an obnoxious asscake.
    It doesnt, but thats not what people are complaining about. I get that people would be annoyed, that makes sense. Its that people are asking to be able to be removed from any inconvenience. I get ganked, fight back, maybe die, rez, mount up, fly away. Life goes on. I dont make threads about it.

SImple matter is the zombie part of the event is designed to be spread around by players so its not griefing, its not like there is much else to do anyway until the expansion launches anyway, gettting turned into a zombie and dying wastes 2 mins, you can just choose to not take part and go to areas far away from it.

I dont do anything with the event and dont really care about PvP in general, the only ones that can be infected have to be close to the ground.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Are you killing rares in ICC?
    So by answering my question with another totally unrelated question I'm guessing there's no good reason you can think of to force content on people then.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Theres only 2 34 slot bags in game this one and one that costs 500k why would people NOT care about it?

- - - Updated - - -

And games that try and force that mentality die off. Tell me a successful one that does things like this. I will wait
    Thats why I said they should be and not they have to be... Casuals run the scene.

It doesnt, but thats not what people are complaining about. I get that people would be annoyed, that makes sense. Its that people are asking to be able to be removed from any inconvenience. I get ganked, fight back, maybe die, rez, mount up, fly away. Life goes on. I dont make threads about it.
    People have the right to complain if they want. If that bothers you so much, why are you still in this thread? You can avoid the thread and life goes on. Ironic huh?

I get ganked, fight back, maybe die, rez, mount up, fly away. Life goes on. I dont make threads about it.
    So you're not allowed to be upset, and subsequently express that? That's not much better then saying "i'm allowed to be an asshole, just live with it."
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Theres only 2 34 slot bags in game this one and one that costs 500k why would people NOT care about it?

- - - Updated - - -
    cause 2 extra bag slots dont do shit, if you are carrying around so much junk that your bags are full, you are doing exactly that carrying around junk

Quote Originally Posted by Neudgae View Post
    cause 2 extra bag slots dont do shit, if you are carrying around so much junk that your bags are full, you are doing exactly that carrying around junk
    Yes if you already have 32 slot bags in the rest of your slots? If you don't? That means more than a 2 slot increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    So by answering my question with another totally unrelated question I'm guessing there's no good reason you can think of to force content on people then.
    You can answer questions with other questions.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're not allowed to be upset, and subsequently express that? That's not much better then saying "i'm allowed to be an asshole, just live with it."
    I literally said you can be upset. (Although even thats a bit much)But to be so upset to even make a thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    People have the right to complain if they want. If that bothers you so much, why are you still in this thread? You can avoid the thread and life goes on. Ironic huh?
    Life does go on. But if I wasnt here, does your complaint even make a sound?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is literally no event. They have totally destroyed this fun event to please a handful of crybabies.

There are literally no zombies around... it should be nearly impossible to be in the cities instead. That is the fun, which only lasts a couple of days anyway and does not really affect a decent player.

You can answer questions with other questions.

- - - Updated - - -

I literally said you can be upset. (Although even thats a bit much)But to be so upset to even make a thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Life does go on. But if I wasnt here, does your complaint even make a sound?
    Imagine being so invested in being an asshole that you feel the need to defend that in said thread.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Imagine being so invested in being an asshole that you feel the need to defend that in said thread.
    I havent even been a zombie lmao

I havent even been a zombie lmao
    But you are defending the right to grief like a champion of the light.
    -Voltaire
    winning

But you are defending the right to grief like a champion of the light.
    I dont think its a 'right' in any real sense of the word. I just dont think you should get banned for participating in a blizzard event. I also think it comes across incredibly childish to complain about such things. Some people in here seem to be physically distressed and I find it very strange.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's hilarious this has come about again. It was the same the last time and the time the before that. Like you think Blizzard would have took steps. I wandered into the AH and just exploded on everyone. In fact the last time this happened the AH was dead. Literally, you couldn't go in as it was a war zone of zombies infecting the auctioneers, fighting the guards, infecting the players. To paraphrase Sheldon Cooper: I did tell you guys thusly it would be like this because it was EXACTLY this last time and the time before. Best just to get on with it and enjoy it while it lasts. It's not even bothering me this time because I knew exactly what to expect

At least this time you don't need to be level 70 to have flying and just hover above the cities to avoid it.
    Last edited by Malania; 2020-11-20 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    It's hilarious this has come about again. It was the same the last time and the time the before that. Like you think Blizzard would have took steps. I wandered into the AH and just exploded on everyone. In fact the last time this happened the AH was dead. Literally, you couldn't go in as it was a war zone of zombies infecting the auctioneers, fighting the guards, infecting the players. To paraphrase Sheldon Cooper: I did tell you guys thusly it would be like this because it was this last time and the time before. Best just to get on with it and enjoy it while it lasts. It's not even bothering me this time because I knew exactly what to expect
    AH people respawn in like 5 seconds, it literally doesnt matter

I also think it comes across incredibly childish to complain about such things
    But complaining about complaining that is so much more mature? On top of being the reason for the complaint in the first place?
    -Voltaire
    winning

15+ Year Old Account
    AH people respawn in like 5 seconds, it literally doesnt matter
    The zombies increase over time. The 5 seconds doesn't matter by the end of the event.