Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I'm working with my evidence vs hearsay and you want to call ME the antivaxxer and such? lmfao.

- - - Updated - - -

So now you admit it's just the main city and not "every where"

- - - Updated - - -

So go to IF instead of SW. You don't get flagged in IF.....

- - - Updated - - -

It's amazing how much your story has changed. You now admit it's just the 2 major cities, but a little while ago it was "everywhere"

I question if you are even playing and not bitching just to bitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes they do. Stay out of sw/org

- - - Updated - - -

Whelp they better remove all pvp then.
    Players are getting flagged as soon as a ghoul hits them. Doesn't matter where they are in the world. If a player ghoul infects you, you are immediately flagged for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    So because you don't think it's a big deal that means EVERYONE has to have that same sentiment? Do you go to the funerals of strangers and tell everyone to stop crying because you didn't know the person personally? Why should they be upset when you're not? They're obviously just overreacting.
    Did you really just compare a real life funeral to an ingame zombie event which point is to make it feel like Azeroth is being overrun by zombies?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Did you really just compare a real life funeral to an ingame zombie event which point is to make it feel like Azeroth is being overrun by zombies?
    If you actually read what I said instead of cherrypicking, it was a comparison of ATTITUDES. Not that the event is like a funeral.

I visited Stormwind the other day... didn't find a single zombie.

I guess I agree that the event sucks, but not because of griefing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcharm View Post
    So will you pay me these 4 days ? Game disruption in ANY way is a big deal.
    14.99 / 30 days = .49 cents a day * 4 days = 1.99!

Just lol. Are people really wanting 1.99 credit back because of an event they don't like?

If you actually read what I said instead of cherrypicking, it was a comparison of ATTITUDES. Not that the event is like a funeral.
    I did read it and I'm not cherrypicking. And it's still the same thing.

Because complaining about an event that Blizzard DECIDED that it will affect ALL PLAYERS in order to pave the way for their next expansion is not even remotely the same as crying during a funeral.

The latter is a thousand times more serious. Especially since it has long lasting effects. An ingame event that lasts for 7 days is just that, because it will be forgotten afterwards.

Telling someone that an ingame event isn't a big deal is just a harmless opinion. Telling someone to not cry at a funeral because it's not a big deal makes them a complete piece of shit.

Also the event ends in 3 days. I don't know why you're doing this to yourself.

Players are getting flagged as soon as a ghoul hits them. Doesn't matter where they are in the world. If a player ghoul infects you, you are immediately flagged for pvp.
    that is intended behavior and is not a bug

I did read it and I'm not cherrypicking. And it's still the same thing.

Because complaining about an event that Blizzard DECIDED that it will affect ALL PLAYERS in order to pave the way for their next expansion is not even remotely the same as crying during a funeral.

The latter is a thousand times more serious. Especially since it has long lasting effects. An ingame event that lasts for 7 days is just that, because it will be forgotten afterwards.

Telling someone that an ingame event isn't a big deal is just a harmless opinion. Telling someone to not cry at a funeral because it's not a big deal makes them a complete piece of shit.

Also the event ends in 3 days. I don't know why you're doing this to yourself.
    Except when initially advertising the event, we were told that we could opt out of it by turning off war mode. Blizzard literally lied to us in the worst way. Also, you ran face first into the point and still missed it. My point is that telling anyone for any reason that they shouldn't be upset about something is a selfish dick move. Nobody has the authority to tell someone else how to feel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    that is intended behavior and is not a bug
    If that's really the intention Blizzard had, then they're really trying to piss off as many players as possible. War mode is there for reason. Forcing players to be flagged even if they have war mode off is positively shit game design and will only piss most players off.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    Ok, but my main problem that I'm talking about in this thread is not the Icecrown content its just being forced to participate in PVP i.e. being automatically flagged when you enter a city and having to deal with obnoxious assholes who take advantage of the event to ruin the experience for other people who are actually TRYING to enjoy it. Like causing them to miss out on loot from a boss that they have been attempting several times.

This event is only around for a short time and if someone or a group of dochebags keep me from trying to get what I'm trying to focus on getting before I can't anymore it's going to annoy me and evidently others. The mentality of "it's fun for me so it should be fun for everybody else" is just an ignorant mentality to have.

That is seriously the ONLY thing people are upset about. If Blizzard were to put a little more effort in this event instead of recycling old content and sprinkling in a few dailies and rares to cycle through every 10 minutes and add in a way to opt out of PVP and have some AI controlled invasions in main cities and small towns where high and low levels can work together to thwart that reward gear or exp for completing this event would be awesome, probably the best one we would've ever had. I mean it's not anything Blizzard can't do or haven't done already so it's not like I'm asking for much. Instead we get this halfass excuse for an event.

But who cares right? It's just a couple of weeks. It's not like I want pre-launch events to actually be fun for everybody or anything.

Also you still didn't give any reason why content should be forced on people but it's fine whatever I'm over it.
    I get that you're not flagged for pvp so you don't want to get killed by players. I wouldn't want that either. I would also prefer if that was only possible with War Mode on.

The thing I find confusing is why do you care so much about the non-zombie parts of the event? The prepatch loot is garbage. Playing as a zombie sounds a lot more interesting than farming garbage. From what I see the only reason to log in right now is to run around as a zombie.

Ok, but my main problem that I'm talking about in this thread is not the Icecrown content its just being forced to participate in PVP i.e. being automatically flagged when you enter a city and having to deal with obnoxious assholes who take advantage of the event to ruin the experience for other people who are actually TRYING to enjoy it. Like causing them to miss out on loot from a boss that they have been attempting several times.

This event is only around for a short time and if someone or a group of dochebags keep me from trying to get what I'm trying to focus on getting before I can't anymore it's going to annoy me and evidently others. The mentality of "it's fun for me so it should be fun for everybody else" is just an ignorant mentality to have.

That is seriously the ONLY thing people are upset about. If Blizzard were to put a little more effort in this event instead of recycling old content and sprinkling in a few dailies and rares to cycle through every 10 minutes and add in a way to opt out of PVP and have some AI controlled invasions in main cities and small towns where high and low levels can work together to thwart that reward gear or exp for completing this event would be awesome, probably the best one we would've ever had. I mean it's not anything Blizzard can't do or haven't done already so it's not like I'm asking for much. Instead we get this halfass excuse for an event.

But who cares right? It's just a couple of weeks. It's not like I want pre-launch events to actually be fun for everybody or anything.

Also you still didn't give any reason why content should be forced on people but it's fine whatever I'm over it.
    You always seem to speak for so many, yet you only speak for yourself. You are not having fun, not "people". You should realize that. And you seem to put your enjoyment over the enjoyment of others.

Except when initially advertising the event, we were told that we could opt out of it by turning off war mode. Blizzard literally lied to us in the worst way. Also, you ran face first into the point and still missed it. My point is that telling anyone for any reason that they shouldn't be upset about something is a selfish dick move. Nobody has the authority to tell someone else how to feel.
    Of course they do. People tell each other that all the time. Especially when it's something as meaningless as this and you're obviously so upset at it that you're probably gonna be in this thread until the very moment it ends. You're doing more harm to yourself though really.

Of course they do. People tell each other that all the time. Especially when it's something as meaningless as this and you're obviously so upset at it that you're probably gonna be in this thread until the very moment it ends. You're doing more harm to yourself though really.
    No. Nobody has the authority to tell anyone else how to feel. Telling someone to get over something just because you personally aren't upset about is a dick move. Learn some empathy. The world doesn't revolve around you. People are allowed to be upset about things that don't affect you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    I get that you're not flagged for pvp so you don't want to get killed by players. I wouldn't want that either. I would also prefer if that was only possible with War Mode on.

The thing I find confusing is why do you care so much about the non-zombie parts of the event? The prepatch loot is garbage. Playing as a zombie sounds a lot more interesting than farming garbage. From what I see the only reason to log in right now is to run around as a zombie.
    The issue is that people are being forced into pvp whether they opt into war mode or not. As soon as a player infects you, you are flagged for pvp. So on top of the annoying zombie event, people are getting killed by the other faction without turning on war mode.

Honestly they need to make the event more powerful. It is hard to say "there must always be a lich king" and then let things go as normal for most players.
    They should of made chrome time the way to opt out(so that new and leveling would be fine)... And non-chome time should be just a constant fight for survival. Specially this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

If that's really the intention Blizzard had, then they're really trying to piss off as many players as possible. War mode is there for reason. Forcing players to be flagged even if they have war mode off is positively shit game design and will only piss most players off.
    Nah, its needed to make the event function. War Mode off just applies the old pve realm rules. War Mode never disabled pvp completely.

The issue is that people are being forced into pvp whether they opt into war mode or not. As soon as a player infects you, you are flagged for pvp. So on top of the annoying zombie event, people are getting killed by the other faction without turning on war mode.
    Your not being forced into PvP as its your choice to stay in an area that can get you flagged for PvP, the zombie is turned into an NPC that can attack everything apart from other zombies, you can just afk in an area where zombies are unable to get to you as they cant mount or fly, there is plenty areas where a zombie could never get near you so its your choice to stay in an area where your able to be attacked.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO it isn't. That is not the intent of the event. But people abuse itbecuae they get their rocks off to ruining the fun of others. All they had to do was go with their original plans of Warmode only. But they never learned from the first event. They just cannot seem to grasp that having an event that causes people to not login is bad for the game. It's a staggering level of incompetence from the devs.
    Waaaah... a zombie invasion event that lasts for a single week is killing my bank alt... waaaaah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    You always seem to speak for so many, yet you only speak for yourself. You are not having fun, not "people". You should realize that. And you seem to put your enjoyment over the enjoyment of others.
    Well I think it's safe to say I speak for some since a lot of other people feel the same way as you can see in this thread and if you have been playing I'm sure you've seen people in general chat complain as well.

Regarding the bold part. You mean like the people griefing others and calling it "fun" and expecting the people affected by them to feel the same way?

I want everybody to have fun even the griefers but the way it is now it seems the only people having fun are people who love griefing and people who love PVP gameplay. That's why it's been said over and over that if there was just a way for people to opt out of the PVP there would be no issue. People who like to grief others can continue to do so while the others who just want to enjoy the PVE aspect of the event can do so without assholes ruining it for them.

What's wrong with that?
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-11-20 at 09:27 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by wysimdnwyg View Post
    We've all heard the complaints before. We heard them when the blood plague infected every city when ZG first came out. We heard it in the first zombie invasion before Naxx. We heard it again in the Wrath pre-event. Is it a pain when you're trying to level a character? Yes, it can be. But it lasts a short time (just a week this time), and it adds a whole new level of excitement to the game that's not normally there. The player-zombies are mostly contained to the primary cities (SW/Org), and you can easily skip those 99% of the time. If someone's out killing NPCs, hop back on your main and kill rares in IC, solo old dungeons/raids, or join in with the other zombies. It's likely to be ten years or more (if ever) before this event happens again, so relax and enjoy the very limited-time fun.
    It wouldn't be a WoW discussion without people bitching about something now would it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Waaaah... a zombie invasion event that lasts for a single week is killing my bank alt... waaaaah
    Just dienrez and it's gone. Sure, you may get it again, and again, but this is far tamer than the original.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    aka playing the game?

lol some of you people sure are soft
    I can only imagine them during the OG invasion that happened in WoW... these people would have an aneurysm. :P

"griefing" ... they're zombies ffs!

Well I think it's safe to say I speak for some since a lot of other people feel the same way as you can see in this thread and if you have been playing I'm sure you've seen people in general chat complain as well.

Regarding the bold part. You mean like the people griefing others and calling it "fun" and expecting the people affected by them to feel the same way?

I want everybody to have fun even the griefers but the way it is now it seems the only people having fun are people who love griefing and people who love PVP gameplay. That's why it's been said over and over that if there was just a way for people to opt out of the PVP there would be no issue. People who like to grief others can continue to do so while the others who just want to enjoy the PVE aspect of the event can do so without assholes ruining it for them.

What's wrong with that?
    It isn't griefing when it's the intent of the event.

Again, the intent is to spread the plague for a week. You're not meant to do things you want to do in safe zones because those safe zones are now war zones. That's the whole premise.

Suck it up man. It's for a week. I don't participate in it because I don't enjoy it but you don't see me crying like a kid who grew up on participation trophies.

I can do everything I want to do without it disrupting me because I'm not some lazy slob who's too lazy for a god damn video game. There's other cities to go to to do your auction house shit. Who the fuck sits in an AH for a notably long time anyways?? You should be in and out.