Thread: Zombie Griefing

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    More fun than getting ganked by large groups of ghouls in the capital cities Blizz themselves set up as the hub of many useful activities, at any rate...
    The only usefull exclusive thing in the main hub capital is the portal room. A 10 seconds activity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Wow you really don't get it huh? Ghouls should not be able to flag people for pvp if they have war mode turned off especially if they're on the same faction. Your reasoning is absolutely asinine and there is no way that it was intended. Nobody should be getting involuntarily flagged for pvp especially not by their own damned faction. That's what war mode is for.
    Nope its the intention of the event. It was back in the WotLK prepatch, it was on PTR a few weeks ago and it is now.

- - - Updated - - -

From what I've read it went like this on PTR:

1st: Carbon copy of 2008. Powerful ghouls, disease can only be cleansed by healer NPC's and players. Result: total mayhem like in 2008
    2nd: Only players with warmode on can be infected, disease cleared when taking FP or portal. Result: Ghouls, where?
    3rd: Nerfed ghouls, diseased cleared when taking FP or portal. Ghouls can attack everyone. Result: this week.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Disrupting a person's gameplay by purposely infecting them with the zombie debuff so that they can't loot rares and world bosses absolutely is griefing. So is killing quest NPCs over and over.
    Almost 30 pages and you still don't even know how the plague works smh.

Getting infected with the zombie debuff is entirely on you, the player, not paying attention to what's going on.

You do not get infected by being attacked with zombie skills 1, 3 and 4. You do get infected by zombie skill 2 which is a puddle on the groud. But this gives you a 30min desease that can be cleansed by a multitude of player abilities. There is no excuse to turn zombie from it. You also get infected by zombie skill #5 which is its death explosion. Which is a 4 second cast and absolutely your fault for getting hit by it. Zombies can't move while casting it but you can step aside.

What you also do not even acknowledge is, that you can just kill every zombie you see. All you do is whine without ever actually doing something to counter or avoid (you know Ironforge has an AH too) it.

Jesus, I hate people.
    Imagine being that much of a fun hating, monotonous, boring, fun-sucking creature. Imagine whining that an event interrupts your worthless, boring everyday activity you've been doing for an entire expansion. Imagine hating on a chaotic, fun event before an expansion, and getting it nerfed to the ground and fun sucked out of it by making warmode a requirement, just because some pathetic nobodies are mad that it interrupted their herb picking, world quest, or talking to a fucking NPC.
    If I ever become such a pathetic joyless creature, just shoot me.
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

Quote Originally Posted by Laytnor View Post
    Jesus, I hate people.
    Imagine being that much of a fun hating, monotonous, boring, fun-sucking creature. Imagine whining that an event interrupts your worthless, boring everyday activity you've been doing for an entire expansion. Imagine hating on a chaotic, fun event before an expansion, and getting it nerfed to the ground and fun sucked out of it by making warmode a requirement, just because some pathetic nobodies are mad that it interrupted their herb picking, world quest, or talking to a fucking NPC.
    Not everyone likes WPvP. I didn't roll on PvP servers or ever willingly activate War Mode for that reason.

Why should I be happy with third-rate WPvP only enjoyed by people who can't succeed at real WPvP?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    I was there. I remember it fine. It sucked, and I wasn't even trying to gear alts at the time, and back then you could cleanse people before they turned.

All they needed to do to make this event work was leave it WM only, and then amp it up. Want to feel the chaos? Turn on WM. Got other things to do? WM off. However, I somehow don't think a lot of the people claiming it's fine as it is would've liked that, because they wouldn't be able to grief - they'd only have each other as 'victims'.
    oh wah, it's two more days, you'll live.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    I'd also like to point out that just as many of us came back for this event as there are those that are leaving because of it. Quite a few of us have resubbed BECAUSE of the event and prepatch. You keep mentioning people logging OUT because of it yet fail to see those of us that are logging IN because of it. I'm guessing the latter outweighs the former. You see, my sub was new money for them, yours they already had. They know you'll come back after your weeklong tantrum!
    Prove it. Show me a link.

No they didn't. They lost future sub money. Your money is cancelled out by the money lost from those that unsubbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Prove it. Show me a link.

No they didn't. They lost future sub money. Your money is cancelled out by the money lost from those that unsubbed.
    Unsubbed for how long? Because this horrible event ends in 29 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    It absolutely is dramatic. Imagine quitting a game you love because it was annoying for a week. Wild. Get some perspective.
    YOu are the one who0 needs to get some perspeective. If I am not happy with the game, I quit. People unsubbing is the only way they get the message. Remember trying to remove flying in Draenor? After the flood of unsubs they reversed their decision. Ther only way you can show them that this was a terrible idea is to hit them where it hurts the most. The pocketbook. You are basically saying "bend over and take it". That wroks for you and others who will gladly eat up what ever Blizzard shovels out, But I am not going to shell out money to a company whos game isn't making me happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laytnor View Post
    Jesus, I hate people.
    And who made you sole arbiter of what is fun? Just because people don't like things you find fiun doesn't make them fun haters. It means their opinion of fun is different than yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    YOu are the one who0 needs to get some perspeective. If I am not happy with the game, I quit. People unsubbing is the only way they get the message. Remember trying to remove flying in Draenor? After the flood of unsubs they reversed their decision. Ther only way you can show them that this was a terrible idea is to hit them where it hurts the most. The pocketbook. You are basically saying "bend over and take it". That wroks for you and others who will gladly eat up what ever Blizzard shovels out, But I am not going to shell out money to a company whos game isn't making me happy.
    If I dislike one part of a game and love the rest I gladly play the game and avoid the parts I don't like. If I dislike a week long event I just don't log in for that week and smile and after a week return to that game.

If I go ballistic over a one week event and go on whining about Blizzard never listens to me, then for me it is clearly a sign that I didn't like the game for a while now and should have stopped playing a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Unsubbed for how long? Because this horrible event ends in 29 hours.
    Forever. People will decide they hate it and never come back.

- - - Updated - - -

If I dislike one part of a game and love the rest I gladly play the game and avoid the parts I don't like. If I dislike a week long event I just don't log in for that week and smile and after a week return to that game.

If I go ballistic over a one week event and go on whining about Blizzard never listens to me, then for me it is clearly a sign that I didn't like the game for a while now and should have stopped playing a long time ago.
    If I don't like something, I am going to tell Bliizzard about it. I am not going to "bend over and take it' like you do. The only way Blizzard gets the message that this is bad is to unsub. Enough people unsub over it and they will realize it's not a good idea anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forever. People will decide they hate it and never come back.
    You really think that there are so many people who would quit a game for a one-week event they don't like? So many that Blizzard would notice?

Yeah we saw that in 2008, which was way worse.

You really think that there are so many people who would quit a game for a one-week event they don't like? So many that Blizzard would notice?

trueee.

Yet Wotlk had the most subs ever although it had a zombie event 1000000 times worse than the one we have right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    trueee. Yet Wotlk had the most subs ever although it had a zombie event 1000000 times worse than the one we have right now.
    People in TBC would have been subscribed for WotLK launch event. So the event had nothing to do with record numbers.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

So you answered your own question and proved my point. Yes it is possible. Because it has already happened once.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you answered your own question and proved my point. Yes it is possible. Because it has already happened once.
    Except people didn't unsub back then, active accounts actually grew.

trueee.

Yet Wotlk had the most subs ever although it had a zombie event 1000000 times worse than the one we have right now.
    YO means the zombie event that had so many complaints that they ended it early?

Also, those subscriber were already subscribed long before that Wrath event So, you are not proving your argument correct at all. IN fact, you killed it becaus it adversely affected things to the point it was enbded early and players were compensated.

- - - Updated - - -

Except people didn't unsub back then, active accounts actually grew.
    They were already close to the top by that point. Also, you forget that event was ended early and players were compensated. Gee I wonder why that was?

Also, those subscriber were already subscribed long before that Wrath event So, you are not proving your argument correct at all. IN fact, you killed it becaus it adversely affected things to the point it was enbded early and players were compensated.
    Can you prove any of those "points/arguments" ? Just curious. I can say the exact opposite of what you say and it would be just as true as your statement. This whole sub go up or down based on a week long prepatch event is nothing but pure speculation created to support your view.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

They were already close to the top by that point. Also, you forget that event was ended early and players were compensated. Gee I wonder why that was?
    It didn't end early. It was released a week before launch. Guess when it ended? At launch.

Can you prove any of those "points/arguments" ? Just curious. I can say the exact opposite of what you say and it would be just as true as your statement. This whole sub go up or down based on a week long prepatch event is nothing but pure speculation created to support your view.
    ASs I said before they ended it early and compensated players for it. I wonder why that is? A: Because they trying to prevent the loss of subs. But why use those facts when you can ignore them to push your own made up narrative?

- - - Updated - - -

It didn't end early. It was released a week before launch. Guess when it ended? At launch.
    It ended early. They compensated players for it.