Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Except for legendary crafting gear for leather/mail-wearers, you mean...
    Professions look to be largely unloved as a whole with the only value coming from crafting gear for legendary items.
    Odd they chose to do away with the ranked crafting/gathering skills.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Characters with Tailoring, Leatherworking, Blacksmithing, or Jewelcrafting professions will be granted the recipe to create base pieces as part of the storyline with the Runecarver.
    Wait, why engineering isn't in that list ? I want my legendary glasses

Don't shoot the messenger!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    Lots of double sentences
    Pick up the message even if you dislike it, but don't shoot the messenger!

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Alchemy has also had weapon oils in the past. And i'm pretty sure the enchanting ones were added in a patch during vanilla while the alchemy ones always existed. So technically Alchemy does have more claim to them. In fact i vaguely remember Alchemists throwing a fit when Enchanting was given those weapon oil recipes.
    And Enchanting does have more right to them as Alchemy has a far more steady stream of income than Enchanting currently.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    And Enchanting does have more right to them as Alchemy has a far more steady stream of income than Enchanting currently.
    currently, because people don't really change their gear anymore in the content droughts or are "fk it, xpac is soon anyways", but when it starts and people gear up, aswell as with every patch, they also sell regularly well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    currently, because people don't really change their gear anymore in the content droughts or are "fk it, xpac is soon anyways", but when it starts and people gear up, aswell as with every patch, they also sell regularly well.
    Alchemy still has pots and flasks. If anything then give it to both.

Quote Originally Posted by majcarrero View Post
    Pick up the message even if you dislike it, but don't shoot the messenger!

Pew pew

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    So enchants are never wanted and never sell?

Hell even lowbie enchants right now are hot. Especially flat weapon damage increases.

If you aren't making something off enchanting at all times, it's because you're a hoarder like me. And that's the only reason.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2020-11-21 at 01:18 AM.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    So enchants are never wanted and never sell?

Hell even lowbie enchants right now are hot. Especially flat weapon damage increases.

If you aren't making something off enchanting at all times, it's because you're a hoarder like me. And that's the only reason.
    I mean honestly I don't know why I care as I have all professions, but ummm yes Alchemy is LOADS more profitable during raiding times.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    I didn't know this. So you're saying you craft only 1 legendary and you're done with them? That seems counter to what it says above about selling them on the AH.
    It takes 15 crafts per rank up for 4 ranks total. The market will be completely saturated with the base items, and people will be saving their soul ash if they're smart to jump from Rank 1>4 because then you get to skip having to use up rank 2-3 base items.

This is not a money-making scheme for crafters at all, and since using a single legendary at a time at least until the next patch is a limitation, it means that you'll sell far less of these than you will potions, enchantments, and food.

Moreover, the base items cannot be independently crafter by crafting professions since they also have in their recipe an enchanting mat, so the ability to craft the base item will be bottlenecked by the price enchanters set on the crafting mat.

The winners here are enchanters and alchemy.