Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    In media, I'd say Tucker Carlson saying this stolen election stuff is nonsense is a good example that I can point that happened within the last five weeks.
    No, he doesn’t... he said that a Trump lawyer didn’t return his calls and she got fired the next day.

- - - Updated - - -

However, a good example of what lapdogs the Liberals have become is with their ever shifting attitudes on Julian Assange, Whistleblowers, Chelsey Manning, Edward Snowden and Glenn Greenwald. I can recall when he was this hero of great regard by the MSNBC crew, now he is a villain despite having not shifted an inch.
    Funny... Why isn’t Reality Winner on your list? Oh... I know...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_Winner
    The Intercept had contacted the NSA on May 30 and sent copies of the documents in order to confirm their veracity. The NSA notified the FBI of the situation on June 1. According to media coverage published in VICE, an official FBI report said the documents "appeared to be folded and/or creased, suggesting they had been printed and hand-carried out of a secured space."[31] Next, the NSA did an internal audit, confirming that Winner was one of six workers who had accessed the particular documents on its classified system, but only Winner's computer had been in contact with The Intercept using a personal email account. On June 3, the FBI obtained a warrant to search Winner's electronic devices, and she was arrested.[27] Both journalists and security experts have suggested that The Intercept's handling of the reporting, which included publishing the documents unredacted and including the printer tracking dots, was used to identify Winner as the leaker.[32][33] In October 2020, The Intercept′s co-founding editor Glenn Greenwald revealed that Winner had sent her documents to The Intercept′s New York newsroom with no request that any specific journalist work on them, and called her exposure a "deeply embarrassing newsroom failure," resulting from "speed and recklessness," for which he was publicly blamed "despite having no role in it." He said editor-in-chief Betsy Reed "oversaw, edited and controlled that story."
    Interesting... why would Greenwald do such a thing?

Winner was arrested on June 3, 2017. The Department of Justice announced her arrest on June 5,[29] shortly after The Intercept published an article describing Russian attempts to interfere with the 2016 presidential election by hacking a U.S. voting software supplier and sending spear-phishing emails to more than 100 local election officials just days before the November 8 election. The Intercept's story was based on a top-secret May 5, 2017, National Security Agency (NSA) document leaked to them anonymously.
    Oh... Assange worked with Stone to get the timing of Russian leak to do most damage to Hillary... and Greenwald’s publication leaked the identity of a whistleblower in regards to Russia hacking voting.

F U N N Y... funny... not shifting an inch? Still contacting NSA to prevent RussiaGhazi leaked to the public? Why would they do that?

Do you own a skull cap just like Tim Pool? His brain is so smooooooth.......
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-11-26 at 02:16 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

15+ Year Old Account
    In media, I'd say Tucker Carlson saying this stolen election stuff is nonsense is a good example that I can point that happened within the last five weeks.

However, a good example of what lapdogs the Liberals have become is with their ever shifting attitudes on Julian Assange, Whistleblowers, Chelsey Manning, Edward Snowden and Glenn Greenwald. I can recall when he was this hero of great regard by the MSNBC crew, now he is a villain despite having not shifted an inch.
    Ah yes, Cucker Carlson makes an idiot of himself on a daily basis so this is an apt time to pull out the 5 times in the last two decades liberal media has flip flopped or faux pas'd as some kind of comeback.

We're still waiting for the day when Theo offers up significant criticism of conservatives dismantling our government operations, destroying our foreign relations, and shitting on the poor. Until then, all we'll get is some passing "yeah they kinda suck" and then a PhD dissertation on how Democrats are going to destroy the world because Biden is in some secret cabal with Obama and the Clintons.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    Prior to any change, they offered $3/hour more than mimimum, or 60% above minimum wage at cap.

Now, they're offering $2/hour more than minimum or 13% above minimum wage at cap.

So as I said before, relative to minimum wage a capped employing is worse off both in relative or absolute terms. In other words, their income did not scale with the rise in minimum wage. Which was the entire point.
    Your issue, here, is with your employer's capping policy. Not minimum wage hikes. It's not observable economy-wide. I've already demonstrated that.

And you're again, completely not understanding what people are telling you. Because you're assuming that persons wage went up. If you actually read and understood what I said, your example would have been:

Before the adjustment I could buy 20 widgets / week, and my colleagues could by 15. After the change I can now buy 19 widgets per week, because the cost of widgets went up due to the increased cost of production, while my wage did not change. My colleagues can now buy 17 with their increase in wage.
    That wouldn't have been my example, because that example is predicated on lies and literal impossibilities.

The cost of widget production cannot possibly increase at the same rate as wages, even assuming that literally every employee working to make widgets makes minimum wage (doubtful). It's literally, mathematically, impossible.

Your argument is like claiming that you prefer 1/4 pounders hamburgers to 1/3 pound hamburgers, because 3 is less than 4, so you get more meat with the 1/4 pounder. It's that level of not understanding basic mathematics.

(and, amusingly, that's not even a hypothetical example I picked; that shit actually happened, with Burger King.)

Man, talk about picking a biased, garbage source to try and prove me wrong.
    The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics is a "biased, garbage source"?

Giving me a graph about how in the US that the percentage of people making the federal minimum wage has gone down is useless. By 2013 (where your graph ends), at least 20 states had minimum wages that were above the federal level. Of course the number is going to go down if states move the number higher. It doesn't change the fact though, that those people are still making the minimum.
    You claimed more and more people would end up making the minimum wage.

The graph proves that this is not the case. That your claim was verifiably false. A claim, I'll note, you've provided jack shit to actually back up.

Your graph also doesn't show whether the decrease because people started making more money, or those jobs were simply offshored.
    The graph doesn't look at data trends unrelated to its data points? That's not an argument.

I'll counter with some data a little closer to home for you, here.

And quote one of the highlights:

I believe that data says my hypothesis is demonstrably true.
    Check Chart 1 of your own source. It clearly shows that 2018 was a year that, alone, showed a massive spike. From 6.5%, to 10.4%, in that one year (really, the first quarter of 2018, but the LFS collects data monthly, so they're not limited to just yearly data reports). The data line the couple years beforehand was already dipping downwards. As you can see in my own longer-range graph for the USA, there's a short-term upwards spike with a minimum-wage increase as the market adapts, but that spike quickly drops back down to the previous range, as wages adjust to the new normal.

And, just to confirm that analysis, again by citing your own source, which you didn't finish reading;

The Labour Force Survey results from the first half of 2019 show that, between the first half of 2018 and the first half of 2019, the number of minimum wage employees in Canada decreased by 116,600. Concurrently, the percentage of employees earning minimum wage declined from 10.2% to 9.2%.

Dude, I literally worked for StatsCan for more than a year, as part of the LFS phone crew, in college. I'm well aware of the data. It doesn't support your claims. The idea that the minimum wage increasing tends to increase minimum-wage workers as a percentage of the economy long-term, that idea is just observably untrue.
    Last edited by Endus; 2020-11-26 at 02:27 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Ah yes, Cucker Carlson makes an idiot of himself on a daily basis so this is an apt time to pull out the 5 times in the last two decades liberal media has flip flopped or faux pas'd as some kind of comeback.

We're still waiting for the day when Theo offers up significant criticism of conservatives dismantling our government operations, destroying our foreign relations, and shitting on the poor. Until then, all we'll get is some passing "yeah they kinda suck" and then a PhD dissertation on how Democrats are going to destroy the world because Biden is in some secret cabal with Obama and the Clintons.
    Don't forget the copy pastes from their husband's Facebook feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Isn't Theo Russian? Why would he do that?
    Of the many things they claimed to be, Russian isn’t one of them.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Isn't Theo Russian? Why would he do that?
    I'm a citizen of the Russian Federation? That would be pretty poggers if true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Do you have any actual views or do you just like to troll the left? Or what passes for the left in the US at any case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Do you have any actual views or do you just like to troll the left? Or what passes for the left in the US at any case.
    I'd say the same of you? Do you have any views or are you simply part of a fandom?

Nobody I criticize is really a Lefty or an anything.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I'd say the same of you? Do you have any views or are you simply part of a fandom?

Nobody I criticize is really a Lefty or an anything.
    I'm in support of much higher taxes across the board, particularly in the wealthy, and vastly expanded social services including UBI, single payer healthcare, taxpayer funded early education and higher education, and green climate initiatives to include the stoppage of any fossil fuel subsidies and new incentives for renewable power at both residential and grid scale.

What are your views?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Your issue, here, is with your employer's capping policy. Not minimum wage hikes. It's not observable economy-wide. I've already demonstrated that.
    And I can list off numerous other businesses who have done the same. And no, you haven't done that.

The cost of widget production cannot possibly increase at the same rate as wages, even assuming that literally every employee working to make widgets makes minimum wage (doubtful). It's literally, mathematically, impossible.
    Did I say at the same rate? No.

Are you seriously trying to argue that if the minimum wage rises that the cost of some goods will not rise at all? You're crazy if you think that.

Your argument is like claiming that you prefer 1/4 pounders hamburgers to 1/3 pound hamburgers, because 3 is less than 4, so you get more meat with the 1/4 pounder. It's that level of not understanding basic mathematics.
    Hey strawman, and you failing to comprehend what I'm saying once again.

The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics is a "biased, garbage source"?
    When you're trying to use a source to talk about minimum wage, when 40%+ of the people can't possibly be at that number, it's a garbage source.

You claimed more and more people would end up making the minimum wage.
    Making the state minimum wage is still the legal minimum wage.

The graph proves that this is not the case. That your claim was verifiably false. A claim, I'll note, you've provided jack shit to actually back up.
    The graph proves in relation to the federal minimum wage, not the actual minimum wage.

The graph doesn't look at data trends unrelated to its data points? That's not an argument.
    It means that the graph alone doesn't validate your claim. It's correlated, but you need more information to actually show a causal link.

Check Chart 1 of your own source. It clearly shows that 2018 was a year that, alone, showed a massive spike. From 6.5%, to 10.4%, in that one year (really, the first quarter of 2018, but the LFS collects data monthly, so they're not limited to just yearly data reports). The data line the couple years beforehand was already dipping downwards. As you can see in my own longer-range graph for the USA, there's a short-term upwards spike with a minimum-wage increase as the market adapts, but that spike quickly drops back down to the previous range, as wages adjust to the new normal.
    If you trendline the graph, is is not an overall downward slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus;52835194[INDENT
    The Labour Force Survey results from the first half of 2019 show that, between the first half of 2018 and the first half of 2019, the number of minimum wage employees in Canada decreased by 116,600. Concurrently, the percentage of employees earning minimum wage declined from 10.2% to 9.2%.[/INDENT]
    And last I checked, 9.2% is still a lot higher than the sub 6% it was in 1998. If provinces keep trying to bring their minimum wage to a livable wage, and keep it there, the % will not keep dropping. Considering it hasn't been a livable wage for decades, it should be expected that the % would go up.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm in support of much higher taxes across the board, particularly in the wealthy, and vastly expanded social services including UBI, single payer healthcare, taxpayer funded early education and higher education, and green climate initiatives to include the stoppage of any fossil fuel subsidies and new incentives for renewable power at both residential and grid scale.

What are your views?
    I'd argue you aren't really that committed to any of this, you are committed to a political parties brand and identifying yourself with that brand and being part of the brand. Going in for the ACA for example would negate the Healthcare claim as just one example.

I'd argue sure, on paper you might support all these things, but are they significant enough that you'd negate the one consistent thread of all of your posts which isn't about these issues but is "Democrat = Good" statements.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd argue you aren't really that committed to any of this, you are committed to a political parties brand and identifying yourself with that brand and being part of the brand. Going in for the ACA for example would negate the Healthcare claim as just one example.

I'd argue sure, on paper you might support all these things, but are they significant enough that you'd negate the one consistent thread of all of your posts which isn't about these issues but is "Democrat = Good" statements.
    Ah yes, the good ole reductionist argument. When you can't actually argue against your opponents, simplify their argument down to a few simple words that make it easy for you to dismiss them outright.

It also seems as if you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what most people post on these forums, which is not "Democrats = Good" but rather "Theo, you have this weird, delusional, fantastical, fantasy conspiracy view of Democrats, and while I do not really believe everything Democrats do are good, they're certainly not this evil cabal of corporate devils you make them out to be." Just because someone does not buy into your political fanfiction does not mean they absolutely support the thing you irrationally hate.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

So rather than actually commit to any of your own views, you criticize my devotion to my own? Real great discussion to be had there.

I've advocated for paying up to 90% income taxes (and that's for me personally, not 90% top marginal rates) since I was 15 years old bagging groceries for minimum wage, if those taxes would provide robust social services such that people can get the hell they need when they need it.

You really are something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    No he didn't, and if he did I don't care. After so many so called liberals defended Dems green lighting Trump's expansive Military budget last year he isn't that far off.. Well except for Trump supporters, they are as die hard as Obama defenders.
    You are a Biden voter, actually disagreeing with democrats. I know everyone on this forum does it, but I figured you would take a little more offense to someone saying you don’t exist... judging by how fun you would get when being told you are using GOP rhetoric. What ever man... figured I give you a bone...

- - - Updated - - -

No, it doesn’t. A form of healthcare that you don’t like, is still healthcare millions of Americans get.

People are trying to get you to discuss policy and all you want to do is talk tribes.

You never answered with what your views are. You never do. Best you ever do is copy / pasta some insanely long bullshit pseudo intellectual ramble.

Got any opinions of your own?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You never answered with what your views are. You never do. Best you ever do is copy / pasta some insanely long bullshit pseudo intellectual ramble.

Got any opinions of your own?
    Because GOP and altright have this in-common... They don’t care about people busting ass at work, while on food stamps. The stakes are too low for them to care. While liberals talk about systemic racism, Medicare, food stamps and basic income... Altright and GOP are pushing the end of western civilization, liberals as a united cabal, the destruction of man and woman... you want food... they want to secure a nation for their children.

@Theodarzna can you say that last bit in 14 words?

You never answered the question of "What are your views".

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    Did I say at the same rate? No.
    You sure as hell implied that, when you argued that minimum wage workers wouldn't have increased buying power after a minimum wage increase.

The only way that's possible is if prices rise at the same rate. If they rise at a lower rate, you have increased buying power.

When you're trying to use a source to talk about minimum wage, when 40%+ of the people can't possibly be at that number, it's a garbage source.
    I'm not even sure what you're trying to argue, here. Be specific; what, exactly, about U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data is "biased" or "garbage"?

The graph proves in relation to the federal minimum wage, not the actual minimum wage.
    And?

If you think you've got a better data source, by all means, provide it. I'll note that your Canadian data contradicted your own point, so make sure you actually check your sources.

If you trendline the graph, is is not an overall downward slope.
    It's clear you've never done statistical analysis before, because it's an obvious downward trend line. You're denying visible reality, at this point.

And last I checked, 9.2% is still a lot higher than the sub 6% it was in 1998. If provinces keep trying to bring their minimum wage to a livable wage, and keep it there, the % will not keep dropping. Considering it hasn't been a livable wage for decades, it should be expected that the % would go up.
    And again, you're denying reality. It already dropped 1.2% to hit 9.2%. And now you're arguing that it's going to magically start going up again, despite all historical evidence regarding the minimum wage and how economies respond arguing against that conclusion.

You're making up fantastical counterfactual nonsense, and you have no evidence to back your assertions. The only source you have cited contradicted your claims.

7+ Year Old Account
    So rather than actually commit to any of your own views, you criticize my devotion to my own? Real great discussion to be had there.

I've advocated for paying up to 90% income taxes (and that's for me personally, not 90% top marginal rates) since I was 15 years old bagging groceries for minimum wage, if those taxes would provide robust social services such that people can get the hell they need when they need it.

You really are something else.
    I've commented on my views in other threads, you simply whinge that I'm not a fan of your chosen political party. Lets go with something simple, an NHS. As of yet, no political party is for it.

You seem to solely run defense for your chosen consumer product. The Apple Fanboy of political parties.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've commented on my views in other threads, you simply whinge that I'm not a fan of your chosen political party. Lets go with something simple, an NHS. As of yet, no political party is for it.

You seem to solely run defense for your chosen consumer product. The Apple Fanboy of political parties.
    Imagine needing to create monsters to fight against.

But after Theo carried water for the Trump handling of the pandemic, it's pure projection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.