Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this is because most of "young people" go through rebelous phase. the older they get their views change towards either typical conservative/liberal views.

every country in west has seen that over years.

the rejects of society typicaly pick up "fashist " parties - but they - thanks god - never go above certain percentage .

- - - Updated - - -

debt is not a bad thing though . it always existed - since the first hard farmer in ancient mezopotamia had more grain then he could eat and "lend some" to lazy drunkard neighboor who was to lazy to work but otherwise would starve with he promist that next season he would get 2xback : (ye ye i know childrens tale - but describes where barter came from)

it fuels the market and gives people jobs.

as long as its kept in check .

unless you are talking about people getting in huge debts because they borrow money to study liberal arts or other usless degrees. but then its their own fault.

and as how you got there - i wil ltell you as outsider - you got there on hard work , blood and sweat of countless immigrants who over past 200 years were taking worst paying jobs so that locals could take better ones.

first it were slaves

then it were asians

then it were irish / italians

then it were eastern europeans

and finally where streak ended it were mexicans

(yes i do know is simplyfy)

each first generation comming was always screwed - but their children had it easier - and grandkids usually if previous generations worked hard enough were assimilated and had it super easy .

the chain got broken at certain point and you cannot go back - now your local people have to do those jobs - and have to live the lives that immigrants were living - no wonder they hate that life.
    Wow, in a thread full of your raging stupidity this post just takes the cake. This is Peak Dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this is because most of "young people" go through rebelous phase. the older they get their views change towards either typical conservative/liberal views.

every country in west has seen that over years.

the rejects of society typicaly pick up "fashist " parties - but they - thanks god - never go above certain percentage .

- - - Updated - - -

debt is not a bad thing though . it always existed - since the first hard farmer in ancient mezopotamia had more grain then he could eat and "lend some" to lazy drunkard neighboor who was to lazy to work but otherwise would starve with he promist that next season he would get 2xback : (ye ye i know childrens tale - but describes where barter came from)

it fuels the market and gives people jobs.

as long as its kept in check .

unless you are talking about people getting in huge debts because they borrow money to study liberal arts or other usless degrees. but then its their own fault.

and as how you got there - i wil ltell you as outsider - you got there on hard work , blood and sweat of countless immigrants who over past 200 years were taking worst paying jobs so that locals could take better ones.

first it were slaves

then it were asians

then it were irish / italians

then it were eastern europeans

and finally where streak ended it were mexicans

(yes i do know is simplyfy)

each first generation comming was always screwed - but their children had it easier - and grandkids usually if previous generations worked hard enough were assimilated and had it super easy .

the chain got broken at certain point and you cannot go back - now your local people have to do those jobs - and have to live the lives that immigrants were living - no wonder they hate that life.
    This is what we call white washing history to keep the masses ignorant.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    one of the worst policies promoted by both sides
    is breaking up big tech
    imagine if you broke up amazon
    millions out of a job, consumer prices going up, millions of small retailers which use amazon also gone, 2 day shipping which has been a lifesaver for people who want to stay home during the pandemic , we can agree on making amazon actually pay their taxes but breaking up amazon is a disaster, i would say amazon actually is the #1 job creator that got us out of the recession
    google has competitors, their algorithm is superior to their competitors, nobody uses bing because its not as good, thats just a superior product
    Do....do you think "breaking up" means "shutting down"?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Its the "fuck you I got mine" mentality. People don't want to see their bill go up by a dollar even if it means that someone with a job will be raised out of poverty. Ironically people will gladly donate $20 to a faceless charity if they get a pat on the back for it - people only care when there are virtues to be signaled.
    Basically. Though I think half of these people pat themselves on the back for donating to some charity drive, and the other half hang onto their money like scrooge.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Basically. Though I think half of these people pat themselves on the back for donating to some charity drive, and the other half hang onto their money like scrooge.
    It’s why employer provided healthcare is structured to hide the real cost.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

"This is awful!" you all cry as you shop a Walmart because its ramen noodles or whatever are 1c cheaper than the opposition.

Don't all shop at the cheapest place and then feign outrage when you see the consequences of your actions. And if you want to fix this you change legislation, such as that for minimum wage, which is why completely unrestrained capitalism and tiny government isn't always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    "This is awful!" you all cry as you shop a Walmart because its ramen noodles or whatever are 1c cheaper than the opposition.

Don't all shop at the cheapest place and then feign outrage when you see the consequences of your actions. And if you want to fix this you change legislation, such as that for minimum wage, which is why completely unrestrained capitalism and tiny government isn't always good.
    Yes, you are in fact very intelligent...
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Tell that to the towns that only havee a wallmart.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Wish I could say the same about you. Alas...

10+ Year Old Account
    So you told those people in small towns yet?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    So you told those people in small towns yet?
    My post was about purchasing habits of people and them thinking about their consequences. Sorry if that went over your head comrade "I post for turnips"

If we ignore for the moment your silly reductionist argument being entirely BTFO by being essentially word for word predicted by the comic.

This is a thread about people who work full time and still require food stamps to purchase food. What's your solution for them? To spend more of the money they don't have which will magically improve their lot in life?
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    If we ignore for the moment your silly reductionist argument being entirely BTFO by being essentially word for word predicted by the comic.

This is a thread about people who work full time and still require food stamps to purchase food. What's your solution for them? To spend more of the money they don't have which will magically improve their lot in life?
    My solution was in my first post.

Maybe read it instead of resorting to dumb as fuck cartoons to prove what an edgelord you are. You just proved you can't even read a 3 line post... Just fucking wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    My post was about purchasing habits of people and them thinking about their consequences. Sorry if that went over your head comrade "I post for turnips"
    And like I said, have you told this to the people in thise small towns with only a wallmart(because they put all the other stores out of bussiness), they would love to hear your advice on where they are supposed to buy the supplies they need.

sorry chat bot, did you get stuck in a loop?
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-11-22 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Not my problem if you don't understand how a lot of people shopping at wallmart have no choice, maybe if you continue to defend them, its CEO will give you a raise!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    *THEY CLAIMED. I posted exactly what they said in their summary. its the first paragraph of the document you "read".

. For example, approximately 70 percent of adult
    wage earners in both programs worked full-time hours (i.e., 35 hours or more) on
    a weekly basis and about one-half of them worked full-time hours annually (see
    figure).
    Re-read the title of this thread, then you should see why I've been telling you that you are claiming false information. Clickbait is a real problem, and you are part of it. It's either clickbait is the problem or scientific illiteracy is. Not sure which camp you'd rather be a part of, but you must choose one.

sorry chat bot, did you get stuck in a loop?
    You are correct in that legislation must change to get Walmart paying livable wages.

The point you are incorrect though is your proposed method of not buying at Walmart anymore. How the fuck does that change legislation? And even if you push Walmart out of business (not happening in towns where Walmart destroyed everything else) another company will do the very same. Because they can. Because legislation doesn't magically change when Walmart dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You are correct in that legislation must change to get Walmart paying livable wages.

The point you are incorrect though is your proposed method of not buying at Walmart anymore. How the fuck does that change legislation? And even if you push Walmart out of business (not happening in towns where Walmart destroyed everything else) another company will do the very same. Because they can. Because legislation doesn't magically change when Walmart dies.
    I don't think I really expect people to stop shopping at places like that. I'm just surprised that most people can't link their purchasing choices to some of the bad things happening in the world. They will buy the cheapest piece of clothing and then claim outrage over child labour, they will buy non sustainably bought fish and cry about dolphins dying in dragnets in nets and so on and so on.

Again, I'm not surprised these "bad" things happen. It's inevitable. It's that people manage to disassociate themselves from it as if they were wholly innocent. The correct response to this (to me) is to consider my purchasing habits etc and see how I can affect change with my pocket or vote, not to vilify Walmart and Amazon for being efficicient.

And yes, I think the answer to a lot of this stuff is legislation because otherwise people without scruples will always do something dangerous or unethical etc to make a buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post

What are you're talking about is impossible!