Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Literally days away from launch at this point and we already have "worst expansion ever" comments. Honestly if you go into anything wanting to dislike it chances are you most likely will.

Personally the best option (at least for me) is to take each expansion as a clean slate and not base it on past ones. I mean there are multitudes of other games that have good/bad versions of themselves.

I for one can't remember the last time i was this hyped for an expansion, I've not had genuine excitement since the wotlk expansion reveal. At least on a personal level, not saying cata/mop etc were bad
    Genuinely hope it is as good as i feel it will be. We all know we are due a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    Undead souls are not damned to the Maw. Being raised can be seen as "damned," but the Arbiter judges undead souls by their entirety.

Isn't the fact that Sylvanas, an undead and as such damned by default the whole core of her character progress since post wotlk?
    That was less the fact she was raised as undead and more the fact she experimented with a death plague on living captives and kept her people under a tight rule, it seems.

Was it ever explained if truly horrid souls (like those of Gul'Dan, Cho'Gal, or Azshara when/if she dies) are automatically sent to the Maw, or are they sent to Revendreth first for a shot at redemption, only to be sent to the Maw afterwards when it becomes clear that they're a lost cause?

Also, what of characters that were driven insane by outside factors (namely the Old Gods), like Neltharion/Deathwing? Would he still be punished for what he did, or would his insanity be taken into account?

In regards to Pelagos, Cash said the developers wanted to create a character who was a World of Warcraft expression of trans, and the team went to great lengths to ensure this was done appropriately.
    I don't consider myself a homophobe, transphobe or whateverphobe. But I am absolutely sick of this constant virtue signalling in media these days just to appease these attention whoring minorities. You don't see people constantly rubbing their straightness in everybodies faces, so why do these pathetic SJW's have to feed us this bullshit constantly for the sake of "diversity"? These retarded gender politics contribute absolutely nothing to a fantasy game.
    Just. Fuck. Off!

Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    Was it ever explained if truly horrid souls (like those of Gul'Dan, Cho'Gal, or Azshara when/if she dies) are automatically sent to the Maw, or are they sent to Revendreth first for a shot at redemption, only to be sent to the Maw afterwards when it becomes clear that they're a lost cause?

Also, what of characters that were driven insane by outside factors (namely the Old Gods), like Neltharion/Deathwing? Would he still be punished for what he did, or would his insanity be taken into account?
    There are souls in Revendreth that have either done terrible acts while insane or some that destroyed multiple planets. I think that answers both questions. We don't know what the exact requirements are to be thrown directly into the Maw other than being a threat to the Cosmos.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Undead souls are not damned to the Maw. Being raised can be seen as "damned," but the Arbiter judges undead souls by their entirety.

Isn't the fact that Sylvanas, an undead and as such damned by default the whole core of her character progress since post wotlk?
    The Valkyr brought her straight to the Maw, let her believe that this was her fate(it's not, she'd go to Revendreth first) and then brought her back, making her want more Valkyr and to put a wall of undead around her. This is backed up in the Stormheim intro where her goal is to get more Valkyr and it fails, which she has no other options at this point(The Alliance are actively trying to kill her during a Legion invasion) so she goes with the nuclear option.

The Jailer(new character they probably made in Legion) basically tricked her into aligning with her as he's going to break the maw, which she fears that she'll go to when she dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I don't consider myself a homophobe, transphobe or whateverphobe. But I am absolutely sick of this constant virtue signalling in media these days just to appease these attention whoring minorities. You don't see people constantly rubbing their straightness in everybodies faces, so why do these pathetic SJW's have to feed us this bullshit constantly for the sake of "diversity"? These retarded gender politics contribute absolutely nothing to a fantasy game.
    Just. Fuck. Off!
    What I want to see is a villainous gay/trans character, like so fucking evil they eat baby souls but also cross dress on the weekends. Equality of morals

Blizzard are like politics, who always say, what players want to hear, but never actually do it.

Ion said in his recent interview, that devs understand, that playtime isn't major metric of players' happiness - fun is. Yet they still artificially stretch content to increase player activity metrics. For example remove flying, replace emissaries with dailies, that removes players' choice to do WQs, they like and also implement content like Maw, where even ground mounts are removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    "There is a chance we will see Nathanos again in Shadowlands."

Fuck that crap. I get it, we killed him, his soul goes there etc. But quit recycling your stand-in, Danuser

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Blizzard are like politics, who always say, what players want to hear, but never actually do it.

Ion said in his recent interview, that devs understand, that playtime isn't major metric of players' happiness - fun is. Yet they still artificially stretch content to increase player activity metrics. For example remove flying, replace emissaries with dailies, that removes players' choice to do WQs, they like and also implement content like Maw, where even ground mounts are removed.
    Thats not the reason why they timegate stuff. The reason why they invent these barriers is because developers actually need to protect people from them selves.

If everything was accessable and obtainable on day 1 very easily, people would devour all the content they spent a year on in 2 weeks then come on here complaining there is nothing to do.

The game is designed to be played 2-4 hours a day, not 16 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrieus View Post
    Literally days away from launch at this point and we already have "worst expansion ever" comments. Honestly if you go into anything wanting to dislike it chances are you most likely will.

Personally the best option (at least for me) is to take each expansion as a clean slate and not base it on past ones. I mean there are multitudes of other games that have good/bad versions of themselves.

I for one can't remember the last time i was this hyped for an expansion, I've not had genuine excitement since the wotlk expansion reveal. At least on a personal level, not saying cata/mop etc were bad
    Genuinely hope it is as good as i feel it will be. We all know we are due a winner.
    You do understand that alot of people have been playing the beta for months now right? Blizzard has a solid history of releasing an expansion without changing/fixing any of the complaints from the beta stages. So yeah it's pretty natural to see "Worst expansion" comments when the game is going be released in the same state that people are complaining it's in

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    That was less the fact she was raised as undead and more the fact she experimented with a death plague on living captives and kept her people under a tight rule, it seems.
    And yet in shadowlands there are people which have murdered literally entire planets and get ravendreth instead of straight to maw. So even then the straight to maw for her is a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ygg View Post
    "if you spend hours getting declined from groups because of your spec then you are completely justified in blaming Blizzard."

Dear Blizzard,

I have spent many an hour being declined from pugs for being feral, particularly early on in expansions. Please don't forget us in future launches.

Best,
    Ygg
    You have no right to invited to a group made by another person, but you have the right to make your own group and invite whomever you want to invite.
    If people don't want to play with a feral then they have all the right in the world not to play with you.

You might be justified in blaming Blizzard, but that won't help you one bit as "justified" can't ensure that other people will play with you.
    The only way you can have a nice in-game experience is to man up and make your own group.

10+ Year Old Account

Edit: nvm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    We never knew why she went to the Maw, saying that she went there because she's an undead was always headcanon. I have been saying this for a long time. There was never any concrete evidence that undead go to the Maw by default.

There's a 99.9% chance that Jailer took a few notes from Uther and Devos, and hijacked Sylvanas' soul while she was going to the Arbiter. It is also made clear in the beta that the Arbiter never sends souls to the Maw, she always gives them a chance for redemption in Revendreth. So the fact that Sylvanas went straight to the Maw instead of Revendreth is clearly suspicious.
    Actually yea that sounds better than what I originally thought. Maybe she was never meant for the maw in the first place but the Jailer forced here there to spark events like they are now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Ahh yes, Danuser. One of the main reasons we've been stuck with the utter trash that is Sylvanas in the spotlight for years.
    "ENOUGH"!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I'm not a fan of how they handled a lot of their time travel stories, but this is honestly a really clever way to handwave differing perceptions of time.

And frankly, the notion that each cosmic force might perceive reality differently is kind of compelling, at least from a worldbuilding and character motivation point of view...

For example:

• Life is cyclical. The forces of nature can perceive past, present, and future and are not strictly bound by mortality.
    • Death is timeless. The denizens of the Shadowlands effectively do not perceive time, or perceive it only in a limited, general fashion.
    • Order is linear. The titans and their creations perceive only the present, and seek to create the future they desire.
    • Disorder is infinite. The demons transcend and perceive all timelines, seeking to spread chaos and destruction.
    • Light is fatalistic. The naaru and their keepers perceive and zealously trust in a singular, unavoidable destiny.
    • Shadow is abstract. The void lords and their spawn perceive uncountable realities, both possible and impossible.
    Upvote if I could!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Ahh yes, Danuser. One of the main reasons we've been stuck with the utter trash that is Sylvanas in the spotlight for years.
    Simp-King Danuser, with his trusty side-kick SJW-Queen Golden!
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

"The sword in Azeroth is a big deal and something that is gonna have long-term implications."

To be honest I think gnomes and goblins would have stripped it down and sold the mats already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    Thats not the reason why they timegate stuff. The reason why they invent these barriers is because developers actually need to protect people from them selves.

If everything was accessable and obtainable on day 1 very easily, people would devour all the content they spent a year on in 2 weeks then come on here complaining there is nothing to do.

The game is designed to be played 2-4 hours a day, not 16 hours a day.
    It sounds good in theory. But practice is different thing. Or, even more precisely, opposite thing. I'm casual, who wants exactly this - to play 1-2 hours a day. But all of a sudden many fun things, I want to do, are gated behind different grind-walls, that force me to grind something, do things, I don't like, and overall play much more, than I need.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

You don't see people constantly rubbing their straightness in everybodies faces-
    Immediately rubs his straightness in everyone's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothal View Post
    Yes all these (one trans character in the 16 years old history of WoW)s rubbing their transness in everybody's face is so annoying. Destroyed my game. GG Blizz.
    I can tell you're being sarcastic. You're part of the problem if you think this isn't a real issue with our media these days.
    Does the game really need a trans character? Can't a game just be entertaining without resorting to jumping on these stupid left-wing political point scoring bandwagons? All this ends up doing is appeasing the "progressives" that continue to poison our media and brainwash idiots like yourself.
    Get woke, Go broke!
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2020-11-22 at 02:53 PM.

I can tell you're being sarcastic. You're part of the problem if you think this isn't a real issue with our media these days.
    Does the game really need a trans character? Can't a game just be entertaining without resorting to jumping on these stupid left-wing political point scoring bandwagons? All this ends up doing is appeasing the "progressives" that continue to poison our media and brainwash idiots like yourself.
    Get woke, Go broke!
    My god you're every stereotype of reactionary right wing culture war fanatic, slogans and all. "Does the game really need a trans character?" Well does it need a straight cis character? Acting like only straight cis people are human and trans people are some sort of dlc lmao. Reducing actual human beings that exist to a "left wing bandwagon". Why not "does the game really need black people?? Or women?" ... "these sjws be pushing this agenda that there's more people in the world than white straight guys. smh...", "instead of pandering to progressives they should get their priorities straight! like boob sliders!"