Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fanfic-quality writing, right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    "Souls that die in the Shadowlands are lost forever. Our characters enter the Shadowlands alive, and so they have a tether to Azeroth that nudges them back to life when they die."

What a stupid position to take. Historically if you'd ask "Is Arthas dead?" they would have said yes he is gone.
    Then they retcon his death to mean going to the maw.

So while they say now that souls that die in Shadowlands are lost, it'll just be a matter of time before they retcon that into something else.
    Boring when they take needless definitive positions only to reverse on it later.
    Silly, you're not supposed to think about the story, but instead accept the story at face value because it's cool & badass.
    Last edited by Captain Busybody; 2020-11-21 at 07:33 PM.

"The sword in Azeroth is a big deal and something that is gonna have long-term implications."

I seriously doubt that

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh yes, Danuser. One of the main reasons we've been stuck with the utter trash that is Sylvanas in the spotlight for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ygg View Post
    "if you spend hours getting declined from groups because of your spec then you are completely justified in blaming Blizzard."

This was actually a mindblowing quote, because the policy for yeeears seems to have been "play these modes with friends, real friends, that will play the specs they want to and accept the limits of those comps because friendship." I think this quote will come back to haunt them, and I still don't think they're responsible for the FOTM dot eye oh community fickleness.

Wow. These lore explanations just prove that the writers are making shit up as they going along and don't give a damn about consistency.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimalkin of Old View Post
    Fanfic-quality writing, right there.
    Dude, come off it.

If you literally posted stuff Tolkien wrote about LotR here, in his letters (he didn't really do in interviews), but disguised it with Warcraft terminology and said it was Danuser, people like you would be saying "LOL FANFIC QUALITY WRITING LOLOLOL BLIZZ SUX".

What I'm saying is, your criticism isn't legitimate, articulate, and doesn't make any sense. It's cheap performative jeering for the sake of an audience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    This was actually a mindblowing quote, because the policy for yeeears seems to have been "play these modes with friends, real friends, that will play the specs they want to and accept the limits of those comps because friendship." I think this quote will come back to haunt them, and I still don't think they're responsible for the FOTM dot eye oh community fickleness.
    Yeah I think they're fucked either way here. With "bring the player not he class", every time there's an imbalance, or someone gets turned down from a group/raid for being the wrong class/spec, Blizzard gets told they suck. If they accept that class/spec is a real thing and real reason people get brought/not brought and to work around that, they get told they suck.

To be fair, maybe they do suck, but neither approach as an absolute is helpful.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

You will only receive loot options from the last two bosses of a raid in the raiding section of the great vault if you have killed the bosses at least once on that difficulty.
    This is misleading and incorrect for the Ion interview. It implies you WILL recieve loot from the other 8 bosses regardless of if you have killed them or not. What he said was as follows:

"you can't get loot from the Great Vault if you've never killed that boss. Now, that's not a week-by-week thing, there's no I'm going to skip these bosses this week to game the system but you can't just go in with 3 Mythic boss kills under your belt and then get a Denathrius item or Stone generals item. That's not possible. You'll have to have killed him on Mythic at least once before those because valid options. Same for Heroic, same for Normal."

15+ Year Old Account
    The force of Order has influenced life on Azeroth, which is why living mortals perceive it the way they do. Without their tether to the mortal plane, the soul no longer has the same perception of time.
    I'm not a fan of how they handled a lot of their time travel stories, but this is honestly a really clever way to handwave differing perceptions of time.

And frankly, the notion that each cosmic force might perceive reality differently is kind of compelling, at least from a worldbuilding and character motivation point of view...

For example:

• Life is cyclical. The forces of nature can perceive past, present, and future and are not strictly bound by mortality.
    • Death is timeless. The denizens of the Shadowlands effectively do not perceive time, or perceive it only in a limited, general fashion.
    • Order is linear. The titans and their creations perceive only the present, and seek to create the future they desire.
    • Disorder is infinite. The demons transcend and perceive all timelines, seeking to spread chaos and destruction.
    • Light is fatalistic. The naaru and their keepers perceive and zealously trust in a singular, unavoidable destiny.
    • Shadow is abstract. The void lords and their spawn perceive uncountable realities, both possible and impossible.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-11-21 at 09:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Souls that die in the Shadowlands are lost forever
    Or until respawn timer rings.

Can't wait to learn more about Sylvanas in the future /s

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I'm not a fan of how they handled a lot of their time travel stories, but this is honestly a really clever way to handwave differing perceptions of time.

And frankly, the notion that each cosmic force might perceive reality differently is kind of compelling, at least from a worldbuilding and character motivation point of view...

For example:

• Life is cyclical. The forces of nature can perceive past, present, and future and are not strictly bound by mortality.
    • Death is timeless. The denizens of the Shadowlands effectively do not perceive time, or perceive it only in a limited, general fashion.
    • Order is linear. The titans and their creations perceive only the present, and seek to create the future they desire.
    • Disorder is infinite. The demons transcend and perceive all timelines, seeking to spread chaos and destruction.
    • Light is fatalistic. The naaru and their keepers perceive and zealously trust in a singular, unavoidable destiny.
    • Shadow is abstract. The void lords and their spawn perceive uncountable realities, both possible and impossible.
    Ohh I really like this.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    It seems pretty obvious she's went to the Maw. Considering how she described it and how the maw is described
    I mean it is kinda obvious, the whole darkness thing and she also struck a bargain with the jailer there. I doubt he could have done so in revendreth or other realms. But then again the whole thing makes no longer sense, because the book mentions nothing about kyrians dragging her there either and it was shortly after arthas death as well. Valkyr also don't inherently relate to the maw, as arthas just stole Odyn's creation.

Anyway, this and the undead are taboo thing was definitely the most logical assumption, because otherwise being undead has literally no real drawback when looking at the big picture. Especially now we know it's just a means to stay around longer and if you hate it that much just lie down and die again and get to the shadowlands as originally intended. Otherwise it's just the option for overtime. I mean even turning yourself into a lich, in fantasy usually a big taboo, should hardly matter, because there is an afterlife where 20% of them bumble around like that.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-11-21 at 09:52 PM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Oh dear... this has to makings of another terrible expansion written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    Woops misread it sorry!
    All good, we've all done it every once in a while.

"Hight says that while Classic was far more popular than anyone at Blizzard expected, they also have found that one version of World of Warcraft is not cannibalizing the other -- rather, there's not much of overlap at all between people swapping between the two, and both communities are healthy enough he feels comfortable releasing major content updates (such as upcoming raids) in both games around the same time."

This was the case largely because BFA was an unpopular expansion.

If SL turns out good, they may need to rethink that stance.

Wow.... wow "lore" has hit new low level...

"It is believed that the raiding section of the great vault has a chance to offer weapon tokens from Nathria."

Ion doesn't know? Does one part of the team keep things from another part of the team??

"Trying to make players more social and less optimized is something no one has been able to crack in modern day. However, if you spend hours getting declined from groups because of your spec then you are completely justified in blaming Blizzard."

How about not having CRZ and having realms have a sense of community again? All I see is people from Proudmore server and never anyone from my server anymore. Why don't I interact with them? Chances are that is the only and last time I ever see them. In vanilla, you helped someone with a quest and they remembered and you ran a 5man and had a good group you remembered. Now you run with a bunch of people that might as well be AI controlled bots.

3+ Year Old Account
    I really, really hope that they don't try and ruin Bwonsamdi with whatever type of storytelling this O_O
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

I really like those interviews, it is good to see first hand the whereabouts of the game development!