Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    ....man these arguments show how dumb and so triggered some people can be lol you know what you can do? just not give a f*** and move on with your day as its literally NOT a big deal and doesnt matter at all
    Sorry for being invested in a cohesive senseful RPG world. For some people WoW is not just about showing your epeen on DPS meters.
    Remember red shirt guy? Complained about a very minor detail yet became famous for it. But I guess that was a time when people still cared about lore and immersion.

If it's fine for you, fine. I like WoW more if the world keeps following it's self imposed rules and new lore is introduced in a way that makes sense in context.
    " Just don't give a fuck" is an argument used by stupid people that don't know how to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Sorry for being invested in a cohesive senseful RPG world. For some people WoW is not just about showing your epeen on DPS meters.
    Remember red shirt guy? Complained about a very minor detail yet became famous for it. But I guess that was a time when people still cared about lore and immersion.

If it's fine for you, fine. I like WoW more if the world keeps following it's self imposed rules and new lore is introduced in a way that makes sense in context.
    " Just don't give a fuck" is an argument used by stupid people that don't know how to argue.
    ......you cannot compare having more character customization and adding ONE supposedly trans character and red shirt guy fixing lore detail lol dont even say that shit in the same sentence. i love lore in wow and im very invested into it. I could give two shi*** about these changes, they dont ruin anything at all about the game. if those things bother you, you should probably have a look at yourself and wonder why these small trivial things bother you so much

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    ''Hight says that while Classic was far more popular than anyone at Blizzard expected, they also have found that one version of World of Warcraft is not cannibalizing the other -- rather, there's not much of overlap at all between people swapping between the two, and both communities are healthy enough he feels comfortable releasing major content updates (such as upcoming raids) in both games around the same time.''

Now this is something that needs to be rammed through peoples head, it might ease the whole rivalry thing.
    That's really to be expected and should have been relatively obvious from the beginning though I agree it might help with those either butt hurt about Classic or Retail stay in their own corners and not continually hassle the other side.

And as far as the effort required by Blizzard to maintain Classic (and possibly a future TBC Classic) taking resources away from Retail that's a red herring as well. The Classic team, especially post launch, is a very small group no different probably from some of the sub-groups in Retail like the Pet Battle team. Pet Battles aren't for everyone yet limited resources that don't otherwise affect development of Retail are still being utilized. Classic, from a resource point of view, is akin to the effort required for Pet Battles.

The most telling aspect of the comment is that the 2 communities don't overlap (play both versions of the game). Without taking a side and saying which is better is does prove the basic assertion that the gameplay and systems in Retail are so far removed, for better or worse, from Classic that they are actually two completely different games that appeal to completely different types of gamers. Retail and Classic actually share very little in common in regards to game play.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodykiller86 View Post
    ......you cannot compare having more character customization and adding ONE supposedly trans character and red shirt guy fixing lore detail lol dont even say that shit in the same sentence. i love lore in wow and im very invested into it. I could give two shi*** about these changes, they dont ruin anything at all about the game. if those things bother you, you should probably have a look at yourself and wonder why these small trivial things bother you so much
    Did you even read what I wrote? Like honestly, did you just skim my text for your trigger words and write an answer?
    I have no problem with customization. Sure, black dwarves really make no sense, since dwarves live in cold climates or inside mountains. But did I complain about that? No. It's amazing to get more customization for the player characters.
    What's not amazing is that existing characters inside the game get changed for no reason. Sure, how about making Anduins skin red? Why not? It's just customization, why should we care? No. It's nonsense to do so. And this extends to lesser NPCs too. If you want more diverse city population, then don't take existing characters and change their skin color; replace them with (or even better: add) new characters!

And did I complain about Pelagos? Nope. I even complained why there's only one character with that kind of struggle. I complained, that human prejudice and role images are even a thing in the afterlive. Kyrians are all about letting go of the past and embracing a new purpose, yet somehow their mortal gender seems to still be a thing and even a problem. Honestly, does that make sense to you? And if so, how? And why does only ONE Kyrian out of many thousands and billions of souls in the Shadowlands have issues with that? In a world, were gender based roles don't matter anymore, where biology is not a thing? There should be many like Pelagos (maybe in different stages of conflict or with solutions to it) or none. But not just one.

Also did I say ruin? Quote me on that. I said "mildly annoyed". The only one with strong feelings here is you; the one not bringing forth a single argument but instead only throwing insults.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-11-23 at 10:36 PM.