Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anything to make your multiboxing life's harder is s positive to me and every other normal player.

If you can get 10* the rewards for doing the same effort then there is something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Anything to make your multiboxing life's harder is s positive to me and every other normal player.

If you can get 10* the rewards for doing the same effort then there is something wrong.
    Speak for yourself, Im a "normal" player and I dont hold any grudge against how someone elses preferable playstyle.

I am grateful for multiboxers that provide the auction-house with cheap consumables and material.
    Not even spiteful against bots either, they dont ruin my experience in anyway, their risk my reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Speak for yourself, Im a "normal" player and I dont hold any grudge against how someone elses preferable playstyle.

I am grateful for multiboxers that provide the auction-house with cheap consumables and material.
    Not even spiteful against bots either, they dont ruin my experience in anyway, their risk my reward.
    "Normal" player here as well (just 1 account). I also enjoy the cheaper market prices by botters, they don't flip, they don't buy out the entire market. They just mass produce products so we can get them cheaper. They are a positive influence on the market for "normal" players. Overflow of items is only bad for people that try to play the AH, if you want to play the AH I can recommend the game called EvE Online where you actually are encouraged to play that way. Playing the AH is not "normal" and as niche if not more than botting.

i hate that blizzard decides on amount of materials needed for professions based on multibox farming efficiency. Because i do not believe they would ever demand so many materials if there was no huge material farming multiboxing happening.

Because of multiboxing the price per material goes down... but overall material requirements per consumable or other profession item are higher because there are so many materials in the market because of multibotting.

Reduce amount of materials needed and reduce multibot efficiency... and the normal gatherer on the way to something else can actually produce stuff as well while overall prices are similar...
    Last edited by Hyrican; 2020-11-21 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoFalcon View Post
    Way to put lipstick on a pig.

as long as multi boxing gets harder and harder, Im getting happier and happier. Cheaters need to stop cheating!

Keep going BLIZZ!!!
    Blizzard still allows it. Therefore, it is not cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrican View Post
    i hate that blizzard decides on amount of materials needed for professions based on multibox farming efficiency. Because i do not believe they would ever demand so many materials if there was no huge material farming multiboxing happening.

Because of multiboxing the price per material goes down... but overall material requirements per consumable or other profession item are higher because there are so many materials in the market because of multibotting.

Reduce amount of materials needed and reduce multibot efficiency... and the normal gatherer on the way to something else can actually produce stuff as well while overall prices are similar...
    Any source that Blizzard is balancing around Multiboxxing? That sounds like a complete made up "fake news" from you, not gonna lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrican View Post
    i hate that blizzard decides on amount of materials needed for professions based on multibox farming efficiency.
    Do you have any legit sources strengthening this claim, perhaps one from Blizzard themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    People use multibox because solo experience is shit in this game now. It's not players' problem. It's devs' problem, that they constantly overtune and overcomplicate things, trying to force group content on players.

So, ether:
    1) Make solo experience better
    2) Allow legal bots, such as using alts as pocket healers/tanks, etc.
    Sorry, gotta give you a big reality check because this is a very poor attempt at making up excuses to start multiboxing. It's also an extremely illogical way of thinking about it.

First of all, it's an opinion that solo experience sucks. Every player has a different experience. There will always be those who share this opinion with you no matter what Blizzard does. But there will also be those who are going to hate the changes you suggest. In other words, there will always be haters so there will always be multiboxers? Or is it suddenly bad that they are multiboxing because they don't share your opinion about the superior solo experience?

Also, whatever they do to make solo experience "better", why would multi-boxers stop multi-boxing? It probably still is more efficient doing this new experience on multiple characters. You think those with enough money to buy and pay for multiple accounts can't calculate? Having pocket healers/tanks on 5 characters is still better than having them on only 1 character.

So whatever your utopia looks like in your head, it's never ever going to happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Blizzard still allows it. Therefore, it is not cheating.
    I know Blizzard allows it so it's not against their rules to play their game that way. However, I have no issues what so ever seeing why so many players consider multiboxing cheating.

"Cheating in video games involves a video game player using various methods to create an advantage beyond normal gameplay, in order to make the game easier."

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    "Normal" player here as well (just 1 account). I also enjoy the cheaper market prices by botters, they don't flip, they don't buy out the entire market. They just mass produce products so we can get them cheaper. They are a positive influence on the market for "normal" players. Overflow of items is only bad for people that try to play the AH, if you want to play the AH I can recommend the game called EvE Online where you actually are encouraged to play that way. Playing the AH is not "normal" and as niche if not more than botting.
    That's because it's not so bad as it used to be. I remember a time in vanilla where I wanted to farm rep with timbermaw hold by killing a bunch of furbolgs. The zone I picked was loaded with bots farming all the mobs so you could barely grab one. These days you can share the loot if your in the same faction so the problem isn't as big now.

So now the most annoying thing is a multiboxer from the other faction farming a tight quest zone. Otherwise I don't really mind them.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to complain but I figured out that posting this is your way to cope with the elimination of traditional WoW multiboxing, so carry on.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep breathing that copium.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal2u View Post
    It does fix the 40 players mining/herbing the same node simultaneously and getting 40 mats all at once. Also with your alt tab that would work but again your not going to do that on many many instances of the game(5+ that gets really repetitive and not fun)
    Cap is 10 clicks per node, not 40.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Incarnia View Post
    I know Blizzard allows it so it's not against their rules to play their game that way. However, I have no issues what so ever seeing why so many players consider multiboxing cheating.

"Cheating in video games involves a video game player using various methods to create an advantage beyond normal gameplay, in order to make the game easier."
    Doesn't matter. Cheating implies being against the rules. Mutliboxing isn't as Blizzard allows it, therefore it CANNOT be cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    People use multibox because solo experience is shit in this game now. It's not players' problem. It's devs' problem, that they constantly overtune and overcomplicate things, trying to force group content on players.

So, ether:
    1) Make solo experience better
    2) Allow legal bots, such as using alts as pocket healers/tanks, etc.
    I personally find that GROUPE experience is toxic and shit
    I'd rather do stuff on my own pace all alone than suffer the mentality of groups
    all RUSH RUSH RUUUUUUSSSSH, then whine this, QQ that...

yeah, alone, peace and calm thx

Doesn't matter. Cheating implies being against the rules. Mutliboxing isn't as Blizzard allows it, therefore it CANNOT be cheating.
    Like how saronite bombs were?

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Do you have any legit sources strengthening this claim, perhaps one from Blizzard themselves?
    I am not a reporter. Of course i can only provide an opinion, that to me seems common sense.

Blizzard is probably (hopefully ) designing materials per craftable item based on the amount of time needed to collect it, the rarity of the item, single use/multiple uses/worn, its strength... but also the rarity of the materials (how easily is it to collect the materials).
    How would you check intended rarity with real rarity of the material.

By checking and comparing data on for example herbs collected, herbs used and herbs in the market. Traditionally you make it more rarer by decreasing spawn timers, spawn locations or amount of herbs per spawn. With the introduction to allow herbing the same spawn more than once... They also made the materials less rare. The expectation: another player is not frustrated always being a second behind another gatherer or missing out while fighting the mob around the spot. But this multiple gathering was heavily abused by multibotting increasing the amount of herbs created on a given server.

So when you design the next round of craftables and consumables you should consider the amount of materials actually on the market. And this amount is now much higher than initially anticipated... how to combat that to make rare items still rare and not just a few silver on the ah?

Take materials out of the market by:
    a) increased requirements for crafting
    b) decrease materials gathered

If you can decrease materials gathered by targeting multi botters specifically without affecting the normal player running solo gathering... this is a big plus for the satisfaction of the solo player. If you instead increase the requirements for crafting you are targeting all players with the multibotters being the least affected by it...

So no fake news intended, but some personal analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Like how saronite bombs were?
    That was a bug and unintended. Blizzard fixed it. The bans should not have happened as it was their bug. That said, they deemed it cheating, so it was cheating. Multi boxing is not deemed as cheating by Blizzard, so it is not cheating.

That was a bug and unintended. Blizzard fixed it. The bans should not have happened as it was their bug. That said, they deemed it cheating, so it was cheating. Multi boxing is not deemed as cheating by Blizzard, so it is not cheating.
    It was exploitation, not exactly cheating. Most games have actions taken against exploits caused by bugs if it's knowingly abused. Doesn't make a difference in outcome since it's up to any dev to decide if it's actionable offense or not. It just doesn't fall into the "cheating" category per se.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    You fail to realize that this "new multiboxing" is pure shit, zero fun and utter stupidity .
    Slightly adjusted it for ya
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It was exploitation, not exactly cheating. Most games have actions taken against exploits caused by bugs if it's knowingly abused. Doesn't make a difference in outcome since it's up to any dev to decide if it's actionable offense or not. It just doesn't fall into the "cheating" category per se.
    If it was knowingly abused. That is almost impossible to prove. The bans were a severe overreaction by Blizzard simply mad that someone found a way to make it easier to down a raid boss. b