Wowhead interview with Ion

Why it's not in the news here? Here's the link: https://www.wowhead.com/news=319241/...-covenants-sea

Ion Should have been fired ages ago
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

There isn't really all that much new information in it beyond torghast only having three layers at launch and the ripcord being a lie.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baza View Post
    Why it's not in the news here?
    Because this
    ion Should have been fired ages ago
    Is the level of discussion that Ion's opinion about his (as in Blizzard's) game brings here.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Because this
    Is the level of discussion that Ion's opinion about his (as in Blizzard's) game brings here.
    He never really says anything new, its the same regurgitated corp/lawyer speak over and over. " The team felt that we were on the right path" " we learned fromour past mistakes and repeated them any way "

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing in it is particularly surprising. Perhaps most interesting is how familiar Ion is with the "nitty-gritty", i.e. how the actual individual systems work and so on, previous leads have often seemed rather more vague and distant when asked those kind of questions. It was good to hear class tier sets re-confirmed for later in the expansion, maybe people can stop complaining about that now (hah, fat chance!).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    He never really says anything new, its the same regurgitated corp/lawyer speak over and over. " The team felt that we were on the right path" " we learned fromour past mistakes and repeated them any way "
    This is just complete nonsense.

You clearly haven't read the interview. If you that's "corp speak" or "lawyer speak", you have no idea what you're talking about whatsoever. Ion may not be saying whatever the hell it is you want him to say, but I expect unless you got a video of him on his knees begging and perhaps being whipped, whilst saying BfA was the worst expansion ever and ever system was terrible, people like you wouldn't be happy. You're really proving Chozo's point that people just totally mindlessly ask for him to be "fired" as if it will somehow magically fix their issues, most of which boil down more to burn out and rolling nostalgia, rather than actual game issues. You seem to want him to condemn himself and/or shit all over his developers, and anything else is "corp speak".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enderzone View Post
    the ripcord being a lie.
    Oh look, someone who can't tell the difference between something being "a lie", and their own wild interpretations of an off-the-cuff phrase in an interview from months ago. I've been pointing out how wild the interpretations were of that for a while, but people keep insisting their own headcanon (or worse, a random Youtuber's headcanon) about "the ripcord" is hard fact.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Just read the entire thing. I see why it wasn't posted here.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319254/...on-development

What a straight middle finger to most mmoc dweebs here.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    There isn't really all that much new information in it beyond torghast only having three layers at launch and the ripcord being a lie.
    It really wasn’t a lie he said they would make big changes covenants in major patch’s and decoupling every thing would be a last recourse if it absolutely doesn’t work. Sounds like they are sticking with that plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It really wasn’t a lie he said they would make big changes covenants in major patch’s and decoupling every thing would be a last recourse if it absolutely doesn’t work. Sounds like they are sticking with that plan.
    Ion was a lawyer and still talks like one. In no way does it sound like they are sticking with the plan simply considering free patch rerolls when they nerf what works into the ground.

Don't get me wrong I think the actual game content of sl looks good but these systems are just trash.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ion was a lawyer and still talks like one. In no way does it sound like they are sticking with the plan simply considering free patch rerolls when they nerf what works into the ground.

Don't get me wrong I think the actual game content of sl looks good but these systems are just trash.
    The plan such as we heard was just to make major changes in major patch’s with a lot of pre warning. The free swapping in patch’s thing just sounds like a lesser ripcord but they are still sticking with the major patch’s are the time to change thing approach ion original said in the first interview.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Because this
    No, it's because his responses are general lawyer-ish and avoid or speak around sensitive issues. Like when talking about legendaries:

"since there's an equip limit of 1, just getting your first Legendary makes you equal to someone in terms of your moment to moment power as someone who has 3 or 4 legendaries who can still only wear one"

I'm sorry, but someone with 1 legendary is not as powerful as someone with 3 or 4 who can and will switch legendaries based on the situation, or spec they're playing. It sounds good on paper, but isn't actually true.

That kind of stuff is infuriating to a lot of people, and he has a history of answers like that.

On a side note, this sounds like it's going to be the essence problem for alts all over again.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-11-20 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Ion Should have been fired ages ago
    This is why we cant have nice things. Why dont the mods take the enviroment of this site seriously and moderate shit like this out?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    No, it's because his responses are general lawyer-ish and avoid or speak around sensitive issues. Like when talking about legendaries:

"since there's an equip limit of 1, just getting your first Legendary makes you equal to someone in terms of your moment to moment power as someone who has 3 or 4 legendaries who can still only wear one"

I'm sorry, but someone with 1 legendary is not as powerful as someone with 3 or 4 who can and will switch legendaries based on the situation, or spec they're playing. It sounds good on paper, but isn't actually true.

That kind of stuff is infuriating to a lot of people, and he has a history of answers like that.

On a side note, this sounds like it's going to be the essence problem for alts all over again.
    Thats because you cant read.

"makes you equal to someone in terms of your moment to moment power"

And also because you dont understand the system

You can get your first legendary within the first weak of your gameplay. Choosing that legendary based on what you need it for to compete with other players then lets you do your desired content on the same level as other players.

Its perfectly ok not to shine in every single situation you are put in as a freshly dinged alt as long as you can get to shine in the situations you have prepped for
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2020-11-20 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They really probably should get that interview on the front page here, cause not all of it was his usual lawyer bullshit. He confirmed that unlocking flight won't be tied to Reputation, and will instead be tied to your Covenant campaign and Renown.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=319243/...ire-reputation

After 3 expansions of pathfinder being tied to fucking infuriating rep grinds, I think I'll probably be able to tolerate this compromise (as long as it remains and account-wide unlock, if it is on a per-character basis I will remain really damn irritated with it). It also looks like it won't be repeating the shitty design of "okay, we need you do to WQs in half of the expansion zones today" and going back to the old design of "okay, your dailies are in this zone today".

Yeesh, those Castle Nathria sets look awful though. The level of cringe is pretty high on all of them.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2020-11-20 at 03:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    This is why we cant have nice things. Why dont the mods take the enviroment of this site seriously and moderate shit like this out?

- - - Updated - - -

You can get your first legendary within the first weak of your gameplay. Choosing that legendary based on what you need it for to compete with other players then lets you do your desired content on the same level as other players.

Its perfectly ok not to shine in every single situation you are put in as a freshly dinged alt as long as you can get to shine in the situations you have prepped for
    I understood perfectly that his answer was intentionally misleading. Adding the "moment to moment" garbage avoids the simple fact that this is going to be tje essence problem for alts all over again.

Your answer is the same. It ignores that people can amd do play multiple roles, even on a single character, much less with alts having no catch up if you want to change gears.

It's disingenuous to suggest that someone who's only good at one role is as powerful as someone who's good at 4+ roles, especially in the context of a game where playing multiple roles is commonplace.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Are you ok? I mean mentally . You seem very distressed by other people who dont believe as you do .