Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is "The Death Rising event" worth doing ?

I am currently not subbed, and will be subbed on Monday 3pm.

Should I sub early and do "The Death Rising event"?
    Or does it just waste time?

Nothing unique about it than a battle-pet you can buy from quartermasters, I did the questline until I could buy that then I didnt go back.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I am currently not subbed, and will be subbed on Monday 3pm.

Should I sub early and do "The Death Rising event"?
    Or does it just waste time?
    The gear you can get from the vendors I believe are a unique color for already existing sets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Notable rewards:
    -A ilvl100 set for each armor class, good for alts, it has the same model as a PvP one, forgot which
    -A ilvl115 weapon from weekly world boss
    -ilvl110 various gear from Icecrown rares (they spawn in the same pattern every day 10 minutes apart)
    -A new currency in the currency tab (if you for some reason like to collect past glories... I still have the pre-Legion nethershards)
    -A 34 slot bag from a specific rare in Icecrown. This is the biggest bag available and it's relatively easy to grab, the only other 34 slot bag is sold from the Mad Merchant for 500,000 gold.
    -A feat of strength
    -A new Haunted Memento
    -A new companion pet
    -An item that acts like a toy but really isn't for some reason

I guess you could just renew the sub now and get at least the feat of strength. 2-3 days off of Shadowlands will not really impact your gametime and you will have something to show for it. The bag is also huge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    The gear you can get from the vendors I believe are a unique color for already existing sets.
    Not unique. I got all the sets on various alts and I sometimes found appearances I already had from before. Still a nice thing to go after and the currency comes naturally

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You could sub 5 or less hours before launch and still be able to do whole event: questline, pet, achiev, Nathanos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, no it's not. It's actually pretty disappointing how shallow it feels. I mean unless you really want a reason to come back and your characters could use some nice catch-up gear then yeah sure but if you're already set to go for SL just wait until the 23rd. This ilvl 100 gear won't even last that long once we start questing in SL anyway so even the gear isn't really worth it.

I only came back because I thought this zombie event would've brought some new fun things to the table to improve what we got back in the WotLK pre-lauch event days but it feels no different, very shallow, and lazily done. The Legion invasions were way better and much more fun to do.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-11-20 at 06:55 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

it's just an intro questline to get us 'warmed up' for what's coming, nothing mindblowing but if you're going to sub anyways i'd say yes

its a nice little catch up event if you have toons under 90ish ilvl. most of it is a rehash of the scourge invasion from years past.
    if you dont need the gears or have interest in pets, not much use in it.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Damn man...guess you should have made a "Is The Death Rising event" worth doing ?" thread before you re-subbed, ey? That is 15 bucks you will never get back
    I mean its maybe 7 of you count that it's only two weeks.

I think its skippable myself but I'm certainly not upset I got a easy source of mogs.

Meh...I am subbed anyhow...so yeah...the question really goes to OP.

From what I saw from ppl like SoulBreezy making videos on youtube...yeah...it is skippable because even a low level geared alt will have NPCs helping you through intro quests.

And indeed I mostly did it to get transmogs and that bag
    It is what it is. I admit I was hoping they would bring back the scourge invasion bosses and the recolored tier sets of undead cleansing myself but it is what it is. I'm fine with the mogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I understand, the gear should last through the first few levels. There's a pet you can buy, a bag that drops off one of the rares with 34 slots and Skadi the Ruthless can drop the Blue Protodrake (which you can get in H Utgarde Pinnacle anyways.)

Nathanos has a 115H weapon for you.

But no, if you don't want to do it, don't feel pressured. I didn't bother doing it for the gear itself, I bought each piece for tmog appearance, yes, but I have toons that could use it, who aren't getting it, because they'll be fine without it.

Give it a try, see if you want to do it. Don't feel bad if you decide not to.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2020-11-21 at 05:23 AM.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn man...guess you should have made a "Is The Death Rising event" worth doing ?" thread before you re-subbed, ey? That is 15 bucks you will never get back
    Yeah, maybe but I mean it's not like I regret buying time (maybe a little). I was able to benefit a little from it by getting a few pieces of gear for my transmog collection and that pet that I probably would've never have gotten otherwise.

Also I was expecting a lot more out of this so I guess you could say I was a bit anxious to get back into it. It's fine, I bought 3 months of time so I'll be well into SL before I have to buy more time. That is if SL turns out to be a good expansion.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Notable rewards:
    -A ilvl100 set for each armor class, good for alts, it has the same model as a PvP one, forgot which
    -A ilvl115 weapon from weekly world boss
    -ilvl110 various gear from Icecrown rares (they spawn in the same pattern every day 10 minutes apart)
    -A new currency in the currency tab (if you for some reason like to collect past glories... I still have the pre-Legion nethershards)
    -A 34 slot bag from a specific rare in Icecrown. This is the biggest bag available and it's relatively easy to grab, the only other 34 slot bag is sold from the Mad Merchant for 500,000 gold.
    -A feat of strength
    -A new Haunted Memento
    -A new companion pet
    -An item that acts like a toy but really isn't for some reason

I guess you could just renew the sub now and get at least the feat of strength. 2-3 days off of Shadowlands will not really impact your gametime and you will have something to show for it. The bag is also huge.

- - - Updated - - -

Not unique. I got all the sets on various alts and I sometimes found appearances I already had from before. Still a nice thing to go after and the currency comes naturally
    I think it might be the alliance were the only ones who got a unique color.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    They don't, despite Wowhead claiming so.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    You get an achievement for finishing the questline, but the gear isn't really needed. Your hand is held through pretty much the entirety of the maw, but I will say I haven't replaced any of the 100 pieces in Bastion yet. I think everything from quests there has been 95, so take that as you will. Overall, do it if you want the achieve and the gear, or if you don't care, then don't. It's a pretty underwhelming event with moderate rewards. (the pet is neat and cheap)

Just like every lore quest since 8.2, it's just anime dialogue with no substance, no reveals, no weight to it.

There are no rewards beyond a 34 slot bag and catch-up gear. And a pet if you even care about that. And a feat of strength I guess? Though I'd be embarrassed to have it because it just says "hey look, I resubbed for literally nothing"

Just skip it. You won't regret missing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Pathetically, they aren't. They're not even the upgraded look of the warfront sets.

I wonder why certain people here get so very tilted whenever they see someone say they are unsubbed.

OP wanted to be given some feedback on the current patch, not be harassed because he happens to be unsubbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The questline, no. If you don't already have a haunted memento from Wrath, then you have a chance to get it from the rares.

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing special.

i mean, definitely not worth coming back SOLELY for the event but coming back for shadowlands is considerable to say the least.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

nah.. or just do the 6-7 new quest for the achivement

the ghoul event is just a copy paste of the 10 year old event from lk

lol

blizzard are so lazy nowaday, its sad lol, i mean, it took them months to do 6-7 new quest and copypast a 10yo event , that must be so hard to coding a game throught a mountain of cash, i suppose =P

and for the rares gear ? i saw some people stressing about farming the stuff that rares give

like in one week they will have better stuff easily with quest and firsts dungeons
    Last edited by kaintk; 2020-11-20 at 09:00 PM.