7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    It's so good to see everyone gathering in this thread in anticipation of what may or may not come this week Is it too soon to summon the hype train?
    Since nobody else wants to, I'll start with my 4 additions and the base
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Someone add Alleria and Turalyon, after all half the online speculations are about one or both of them going evil.

Not that it's going to happen of course
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

It's so good to see everyone gathering in this thread in anticipation of what may or may not come this week Is it too soon to summon the hype train?
    Hehe, we meet again fellow commuters of the hype train. Choo choo !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    *chef's kiss*
    Maybe we could add a green drake in there from the datamining.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Someone add Alleria and Turalyon, after all half the online speculations are about one or both of them going evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Hehe, we meet again fellow commuters of the hype train. Choo choo !

- - - Updated - - -

*chef's kiss*
    Maybe we could add a green drake in there from the datamining.
    Will add that to my list
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Usually there's a teaser for an announcement for the announcement, so it seems early.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bet one of the plotlines would be the "Turalyon and Alleria struggle against the opposite nature of their powers and beliefs, where Arathor will play the key role into bringing them together in the end of expansion".

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Just because major characters are elves, does not mean that the expansion is about elves.

When people say they want an expansion about elves, they are not talking about featuring character that are elves, but an expansion that features their culture, architecture or moves their story forward in some way.

The only expansion that really was that was Legion, and maybe Cataclysm. Sure, TBC had Blood Elves, but outside of the starting experience, they weren't really relevant.
    You know.

For blood elves, it was TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion (Suramar 7.1 invasion, the void elf and Alleria bits), BFA (8.2)

For draenei, it was TBC, WoD and Legion

For orcs it was TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP and WoD

For humans it was TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and BFA

For Night elves it was Legion mainly, but bits in BFA and SL

For Trolls: they've had bits in Classic patches, TBC, WotLK, Cata (updated starting), MoP, , BFA

For Tauren: WotLK, MoP and Legion

For Dwarves: WotLK and Cata

For Gnomes: Cata (new start) and BFA

For Goblins: Cata

For Forsaken: WotLK, Legion (warden towers conflict) BFA, SL

For Worgen: Cata, Legion

All the core races had Cata starting, cata only appears above if the main storyline involved your race

tried to only pick ones where i felt the story was progressed for the genetic race (not necessarily always the particular faction of it you play) - alll allied races are progressions of their sire race's even including on the opposite faction.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2022-01-25 at 01:08 PM.

I earnestly missed this from my old lurking days—I hadn't made this account yet, and the only account I had was very scarcely used, but I lurked often in the Legion and Battle for Azeroth Hype Train threads. I am, to say the least, very happy to see that people are once more excited for these imminent expansions. It's refreshing, honestly, to see a return to form after Blizzard's generally disastrous state—it seems like WoW has regained good will with the hype and Microsoft purchase (though I doubt that will actually provide much fruit), at least.

Anyways, let's get some Yrel in there, perhaps? That, and a reference to a potential world revamp (I still have some hopium), though that's looking increasingly unlikely now.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-01-25 at 01:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's never too early to summon the hype train, working on my own masterpiece as of right now.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Usually there's a teaser for an announcement for the announcement, so it seems early.
    They will definitely pre-announce an expansion announcement.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    So I guess you haven't played SWP? Blood Elves were super relevant during TBC lmao.
    Indeed we were, and it had our race's biggest and largest character developmment arc.. we've had involvement ever since, in WotLk with the silver Covenant and Sunreavers (same race remember), in Cata we also had developments helping out the horde. in MoP, we were the ones advancing both the alliance and horde against the Thunder King. In WoD, we helped the Draenei in Shattrath, in Legion we helped the nightborne in 7.1 and also sent representatives to Argus, had Alleria's quest chain and the void elves' introduction though they went alliance. In BFA we were in 8.2 with Azshara (dunno why void elves didn't have a larger role to play against N'zoth). But we haven't had anything for Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    They will definitely pre-announce an expansion announcement.
    @Futhark is right, it seems too early for an expansion announcement.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2022-01-25 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That wasn't the case in BfA at all, due to various reasons: Uldir felt very detached from everything, BoD - while being a great raid - had the faction-theme and didn't fit into the overarching narrative. Eternal Palace was an okay raid, but the ending felt very, very weak in comparison to the Legion build up of upcoming raids.
    I think Uldir was fine for a first raid if you played horde. The raid was the missing ending to your leveling process (Not saying it was a great story though. It had a lot of flaws still)
    Alliance players on the other hand where thrown into a raid with trolls and titan things in enemy territory without any reason to go there which was very weak.
    Agree with the rest. Especially palace was very weak for a raid featuring azshara and n'zoths release.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I really like Azshara. Its a shame she wasn't the boss of her own expansion.
    100% agree, such a fun vain character and with Denatrius still being out there...and having that same kind of vain attitude.

Imagine this as a powercouple, both wanting the same thing.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets put up the list of most possible themes/plot lines in 10.0 based on previous build ups:

1) Alleria and Locus-walker business (tied to Void)
    2) Turalyon/Genn potential confrontation (based on Shaw's recent mistrust) (tied to Light)
    3) Scarlet Crusade and "kid of Menethil line" plot (tied to Light)
    4) Wrathion/Dragons/Old Gods whole deal and consequences of Nzoth's defeat (tied to Void)
    5) Anduin potential continuation of Light/Void duality (tied to Void/Light)
    6) Alleria/Turalyon whole interpersonal business (tied to Void/Light)
    7) The whole Yrel and Light Crusade stuff (tied to Light)
    8) Lotraxion/Nathrezim stuff

Tbh, given that Shadowlands also had significant emphasis on Light/Naaru in Revendreth story, as well as Void presence in Bastion, and all hanged plot guns from before, hard to imagine 10.0 being something not Void/Light focused.

what else?

How can Alleria and Turalyon be involved in the dragon expansion? I mean, they fought Deathwing once, but otherwise there is zero connection thematically.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Indeed we were, and it had our race's biggest nad largest character developmment arc.. we've had invovlement ever since, in WotLk with teh silver Covenant and Sunreavesr (same race remembeR), in Cata we also had developments helping out the horde. in MoP, we were the ones advancing both the alliance and horde against the Thunder King. In WoD, we helped the Draenei in Shattrath, in Legion we helped the nightborne in 7.1 and also sent representatives to Argus, had Alleria's quest chain and the void elves' introduction though they went alliance. In BFA we were in 8.2 with Azshara (dunno why void elves din't have a larger role to play against N'zoth). But we haven't had anything for Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

@Futhark is right, it seems too early for an expansion announcement.
    Lol, too early...

What exactly are we waiting for? A sign from God? The end of Covid? The beginning of 2023?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    How can Alleria and Turalyon be involved in the dragon expansion? I mean, they fought Deathwing once, but otherwise there is zero connection thematically.
    It's not confirmed that it's a Dragon expansion.

Besides, the Ren'dorei are what the Dragons strived and failed to be. Creatures who resisted and defied the whispers of the Void...
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

A sign from God? The end of Covid? The beginning of 2023?
    You say these all sarcastically?

- - - Updated - - -

what the Dragons strived and failed to be. Creatures who resisted and defied the whispers of the Void...
    The Dragons never really sought to be that. They sort of just happened to be corrupted at one point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    3) Scarlet Crusade and "kid of Menethil line" plot (tied to Light)
    You know what would be the dumbest and funniest way of doing that? The Light actually does have him and he's kidnapped from another timeline by the Lightbound. They probably have the technology to access their timeline's Azeroth, anyway.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-01-25 at 01:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While a very cool pic, Naaru really have nothing to do with dragons or the old gods. That should be titans, because the border of that logo is titan-based.

From a post in another thread;

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz

And of course the "bow" looks very tech as well, like a "teched up" version of the typical curve in WoW logos;

When you compare it to similar sections of older WoW logos, this becomes more obvious;

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I dunno, Legion fulfilled my expectations, and I can say the same about WOTLK, and these expansions were over six years apart from each other.

Actually, Legion hyped me up in every ending cinematic, with a glorious ending conclusion in 7.3.

And the build-up of WOTLK was also really good.
    Its hard to give a good awnser to that, because I believe pur standards werent that high as it is now and ofc many things were new. It feels like part of nostalgia tbh. Wotlk did have a better lead up, but it had Arthas and the scourge which had yet to be revealed.

For me with both Legion and Wotlk had great lore that backed it up for the most part. It connected with people and both had their most famous villains in there.
    I cant unsee the part that most things in that time were new. I cant help but see a bit nostalgia feeling there.

Not to say they werent good, but also those expansions had their misses. I thought 7.3 was a huge miss and it felt rushed on so many levels. Remember 7.3 was 2d cardbord argus, Argus titan who no one knew about.. titan story was weird,.. pressumed dead and suddely they were alive. Void elves asspull, while we could have had broken or vrykul. The dailies and the gameplay on argus was very borin after a few days. So my experience was differnt. But the lead up and follow up of Suramar is one of the best things they ever made imo. Great immersion and really made it seem the city was alive and brewing, I thought it was brilliant, but not everyone liked this experience.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-01-25 at 01:32 PM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Added more stuff