Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Depends on how you look at it I suppose. The amount of time spent in each expansion seems quite fluid. Could be a year, or could be longer.

10 years is probably excessive in hindsight, but I think there was a mention somewhere that each expansion lasts around 15-16 months in-game, though I might be misremembering. The only definite timeline we have is Anduin, and I am too lazy to double check.

Regardless, assuming a single year per expansion, counting from the beginning of Cata to the Beginning of SL we have a solid 5 years minimum of zones being reclaimed, towns being attacked and rebuilt, bridges being built etc.
    If the Western Plaguelands could be reclaimed in the time between Vanilla and Cata then I think it reasonable to assume that most of the Eastern Plaguelands should be if not cleansed at least safe by now, opening up the possibility of a Stratholme rebuilding plotline.

- - - Updated - - -

Time in-game is a bit fluid. Think each expansion lasts slightly longer than a year each, though I might have to double-check.

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked Anduin's wiki page, which states he was 10 in Vanilla and 18/19 in the beginning of BfA, which means each expansion does last a year and possibly a bit.

Regardless, a conservative estimate of 5 years is still a lot of time for stuff to change in the old world, a time skip is not really necessary.
    Except, with the Chronicle, we kinda already know the time skip from Wrath to Cata, and Cata to MoP doesn't seem to be that big a gap. WoW starts at Year 25, while Cata ends at Year 29, essentially 4 years after we canonically start our Journey (Which is EXTREMELY fast, now that I think about it). They also got MoP at Year 30 on WoWpedia, so I'm going to judge things based on that.

BFA seems to take place between Year's 33 and 34, since Anduin is 18 by the time "Before the Storm" happens (Which is in Year 33), and Anduin was 10 during Classic (Which was Year 25).

I would like to assume SL happens in Year 35, or at the very least late Year 34, exactly 9-10 years after Classic. Therefore, if you're gonna actually apply logic here...

Yeah, it's been about 5-6 years since Cata.

You're right though, in that it is a lot of time to fix shit. I do think Anduin's trying his best to help out the people of Westfall...though at the moment...he can't really do anything due to being...well...the Jailer's Avatar essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    .....No, keep that shit outta the Alliance, military dictatorship? No just stop. We don't need the Alliance to be a Blue Horde. We don't need any kind of inner conflict, more of whats been going on since Legion and hopefully not too depressing(If wer'e going back to Azeroth next xpansion)
    I'd say a military dictatorship doesn't necessarily mean "blue horde". If anything, that's as much of a divergence as you can get. It would just lead to a conflict with a more chaotic, but well-meaning Horde and a traditionally Evil Empire-style Alliance getting to finally have some comeuppance. I think Horde have been wanting to be the good guys in a conflict for a while, while the Alliance have finally wanted to garner a few glorious victories.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    .....No, keep that shit outta the Alliance, military dictatorship? No just stop. We don't need the Alliance to be a Blue Horde. We don't need any kind of inner conflict, more of whats been going on since Legion and hopefully not too depressing(If wer'e going back to Azeroth next xpansion)
    There already is inner conflict within the alliance. Why do you think Tyrande ran off? Gilneas/altho hes less mad now about hes city. Anduin that has changed and will likely have some left overs when he will return.. if he will return. Tyralyon being a possible threat there for anduin.

I would say its about time the blue boys get some conflict within. Its more like fake smiling and laughing the whole time there. Cut the theatre I would say.

Being a millitary dictatorship is not something that generally fit, but with Turalyon? Maybe..

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    There already is inner conflict within the alliance. Why do you think Tyrande ran off? Gilneas/altho hes less mad now about hes city. Anduin that has changed and will likely have some left overs when he will return.. if he will return. Tyralyon being a possible threat there for anduin.

I would say its about time the blue boys get some conflict within. Its more like fake smiling and laughing the whole time there. Cut the theatre I would say.

Being a millitary dictatorship is not something that generally fit, but with Turalyon? Maybe..
    While this sounds like an interesting plot, blizz will never pull that. There may be some mild turmoil within the alliance, but something like "military dictatorship" will not happen. They would alienate a lot of players from their faction, and I am PRETTY sure most alliance players chose their faction because they want to be the "good guys".
    Not to mention the irritation of new players (if there still are any) when they chose the "noble alliance" and end up with some batsh*t crazy light-corrupted tyrant as a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerEd View Post
    I love the void elves too, but I really don't see your average member of the alliance being any less opposed to a void-touched leader than to a death touched leader. The citizens of stormwind, and the alliance as a whole, is more light than life aligned in the first place.

Anduin and Turalyon will most likely have a fight over the throne though, I agree with you on that.
    Stormwind hates Death more than the Void. The Death Knight player is literally humiliated, insulted, threatened publicly when they enter Stormwind, while the Void elf player is not only welcomed by the city's representative, but treated friendly by everyone. Even the Priest trainers at the Cathedral treat them with with the utmost respect, despite advising them to leave the Cathedral.

So Stormwind would indeed welcome the Ren'dorei more than those who are touched by Satan's energy, be they Death Knights or Anduin.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    While this sounds like an interesting plot, blizz will never pull that. There may be some mild turmoil within the alliance, but something like "military dictatorship" will not happen. They would alienate a lot of players from their faction, and I am PRETTY sure most alliance players chose their faction because they want to be the "good guys".
    Not to mention the irritation of new players (if there still are any) when they chose the "noble alliance" and end up with some batsh*t crazy light-corrupted tyrant as a leader.
    It would free up the boring: everything is always peachy at the blue corner thing. And many things have never continued that are still there. Think about Gnomereagan.. thr gnomes should be still pissed about it. Was never resolved. I mentioned Tyrande, but that count for all the night.

I get why it doesnt suit the alliance, but I think its time to spice things up. None of the leaders seem to have balls against their king besides maybe Tyrande now. Tyralyon on the throne is interesting because of Anduin. I mean IF he returns and maintain some of hes new look/feels (devs say he will change) will Turalyon give up the throne to give back to anduin whos now a differnt man?

So much unresolved stuff in the blue conor which screams conflict soon and about time if you ask me.

What ever happends to the kind of leadership/dictatorship I think in the end (it doesnt suit them) has no real value anymore realy.. the stakes and story/people can easily change that direction. Just be ready for some stirr is my prediction. Also why again woulf blizz not pull that off?? Golden boy is not so golden anymore so things ARE possibble.

I would love to see Alleria getting killed and Turalyon going full beserk/Tyrant. Repair Xe ra some way and stirr shit up within stormwind. Light being very much the driving force and tey to convert other races.. Now that would be something I dont see blizz have the balls for it.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-04-28 at 08:46 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Going to be some bullshit about the Light being 'bad' by beating the shit out of the repeatedly bad and flat out evil forces of the universe because any form of consequence is painted as "just as bad thooooo" as the most flagrantly selfish, destructive or insane actions or intentions. If it's Light vs Void and you get to choose and both of them are huge cunts, I'm fine. Both of them want to dominate everything and it's more of a "well if one side dominates it'll actually go really bad" thing, I'm fine. If it's "the Light is reallllllllly just bad because we say so and you have to play as Void and save the bad guys, especially the Horde, from justice" then I'm out.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

I think the major difference between Light and Void is more in the approach of how they achieve their goals:

The Light is like a very authoritarian state / dictatorship, where you have to follow the rules 100%. There is some kind of a free will, but within a very narrow corset of morale and laws. Light is about unity by - if necessary - violence.

The Void is more like brainwashing or mind-controlling, so it doesn’t have to be authoritarian. Free will doesn’t really exist except for some very high-ranking individuals. Void is about unity by brainwashing.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think the major difference between Light and Void is more in the approach of how they achieve their goals:

The Light is like a very authoritarian state / dictatorship, where you have to follow the rules 100%. There is some kind of a free will, but within a very narrow corset of morale and laws. Light is about unity by - if necessary - violence.

The Void is more like brainwashing or mind-controlling, so it doesn’t have to be authoritarian. Free will doesn’t really exist except for some very high-ranking individuals. Void is about unity by brainwashing.
    No, Void isn't about unity at all. The Void considers all paths viable and true. Basically, completely lawless anarchy, anything goes. The problems mostly stem from disagreements between individuals and everybody trying to get ahead with what they personally consider the best plan. Survival of the fittest is in full effect, but also respected by them. As far as the Void is concerned, us beating the Old Gods simply means we're better than them. That's not to say they won't try anything else, though.
    But free will definitely exists - it's even paramount to them. They just don't have an issue with forcing that free will on others, even directly.

The Light is hyperfocused on the idea that there is only a single possible path. So yeah, more or less what you describe. As long as you agree with the path, everything is fine. When you don't...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Stormwind hates Death more than the Void. The Death Knight player is literally humiliated, insulted, threatened publicly when they enter Stormwind, while the Void elf player is not only welcomed by the city's representative, but treated friendly by everyone. Even the Priest trainers at the Cathedral treat them with with the utmost respect, despite advising them to leave the Cathedral.

So Stormwind would indeed welcome the Ren'dorei more than those who are touched by Satan's energy, be they Death Knights or Anduin.
    Those who are still on Azeroth, the mortal realm, are still oblivious to the fact that Anduin is now an ally of Zovaal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Going to be some bullshit about the Light being 'bad' by beating the shit out of the repeatedly bad and flat out evil forces of the universe because any form of consequence is painted as "just as bad thooooo" as the most flagrantly selfish, destructive or insane actions or intentions. If it's Light vs Void and you get to choose and both of them are huge cunts, I'm fine. Both of them want to dominate everything and it's more of a "well if one side dominates it'll actually go really bad" thing, I'm fine. If it's "the Light is reallllllllly just bad because we say so and you have to play as Void and save the bad guys, especially the Horde, from justice" then I'm out.
    But Elune and the Naaru/ Void Lord's are one. There is duality of nature.
    Light casting a shadow and light shining in darkness.

I've just read the post and it seems more likely that he'll just get the blue orb from the Arbiter and fills the hole in his chest with it:

And let me make a guess: if he gets the orb back and fills the hole in his chest with it, all of the runes on his body will start glowing blueish.
    i have no doubt he will become the wizard looking dude from the leaked image from 2019

Who says Turalyon needs to stay in the current Alliance? We could see a totally new Faction. Like a "Scarlet Alliance" or some shit like that.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Maybe it depends on who uses it the bad or wrong way. Take a look at scarlet crusade. Not realy about the light, but about the wielders. So far we only know the light is neither good or bad. Just pushing their own agends same as the void.

But depends who will use it for the bad.

free will??? dude a naaru tried light fucking illidan
    they actually brainwashed lothraxion

the void kinda does the whole "hey we are gonna drive you crazy and whisper into your ear all day" form of corruption

the light is garbage up to and including it having influence on anduin in before the storm making him wanna kill alleria because she is tainted by the void

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

Dissagree, afther Legion and now SL, death knight have proven themselves more then once to be a good asset, were void elves are still .. kinda there and I dont think many even know wtf alleria even done for them. She didnt even get a good light on her in shdows rising. (No pun intended). Death knight introduction s kinda old wotlk stuff. It fitted in that time, now not so much. Allied races or that.. you cant realy compare those.

Without the help of bolvar and hes death knight, we wouldnt even be in thr Sl, Legion had the four horseman for example. Remember death knights have been arround alot longer, so what you are saying is kinda nonsense.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-04-28 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post

the void kinda does the whole "hey we are gonna drive you crazy and whisper into your ear all day" form of corruption

the light is garbage up to and including it having influence on anduin in before the storm making him wanna kill alleria because she is tainted by the void
    As I said, you follow the Light on it's very narrow path or you're f*. So your free will exists as long as it's within said path.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post

I think the whole "drive you crazy" the Void does is more of a side effect, less the actual goal.

Put another way, the Light is a single voice in your head that may get very loud if you don't do what it wants. The Void is myriads of different voices all talking simultaneously, with potentially mutually exclusive and definitely different interests, more or less regardless of what's happening. Kinda like the WoW community.

When's the new build coming out?!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why would we end up at Dragon Isles for the final patch? Why would the Jailer go there instead of the Maelstorm? Or the Chamber of Heart?
    New MacGuffin is there and he’s riding Galakond over to it.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing with the revamp is: we need a reason, an earth-shattering cataclysm that alters the face of Azeroth. Without that a revamp makes no sense. So, what kind of event would be big enough to justify this? We had two in the history of Warcraft, the Sundering, which shaped pre-Cataclysm Azeroth and the Cataclysm, which shaped the Azeroth we have now. We need an event so massive, that it shakes Azeroth to it's fundaments - and right now I don't know what this could be. Sargeras impaling Azeroth could have been a plausible cause, but it wasn't used for that. It didn't even change more than Silithus, which is pretty laughable, but still.

Nothing the Jailer can do will have the power to just change the environment. He's about death, not destruction, which means he would change all living things, but not mountains and oceans. A comet from space could achieve another Cataclysm, but besides that? I really don't know.
    Dragon Isles are flying islands. Above certain old zones that get updated to reflect modernity.

Still happy that Tier sets are finally making a return. Do y’all think they might be reminiscent of ICC tier sets?
    After going back to the Ion interview I just realized he never said Tier sets are coming with 9.2. He said they're coming "on our next adventure", which is a strange wording if he was indeed referring to 9.2 and the raid after SoD.