1. #2021
    Loa of Death Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    Posts
    2,505
    Can't wait for a random troll spirit to be one too

    Another day, another Deal....

  2. #2022
    Okay, I haven't read up on the other Covenant stories in 9.1, but the Kyrian storyline is completed with all of the Uther and Paragon stuff that came with the build yesterday. Was it already datamined if the Necrolords choose a new Margrave?

    Guess we were right when we said that 9.1 finishes and wraps up all / most of the Shadowlands' plots and Covenant stories. And with Arthas having a significant part in the Kyrian campaign, I am sure he'll make an appearance in 9.2.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  3. #2023
    Scarab Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Every one is nowadays.

    I heard the woman in the cheese shop used to be one..
    Yo man, Trias family are decent people!
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  4. #2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Okay, I haven't read up on the other Covenant stories in 9.1, but the Kyrian storyline is completed with all of the Uther and Paragon stuff that came with the build yesterday. Was it already datamined if the Necrolords choose a new Margrave?

    Guess we were right when we said that 9.1 finishes and wraps up all / most of the Shadowlands' plots and Covenant stories. And with Arthas having a significant part in the Kyrian campaign, I am sure he'll make an appearance in 9.2.
    The zones are basically fixed by the time of the raid and there isn't much build up to another realm of death. I think Northrend or the Gardens of Life being 9.2 is a worthy guess. Arthas being built up but not appearing for real seems like another Northrend tease.

    And apparently that Northrend CGI image keeps getting taken down...

  5. #2025
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    The zones are basically fixed by the time of the raid and there isn't much build up to another realm of death. I think Northrend or the Gardens of Life being 9.2 is a worthy guess. Arthas being built up but not appearing for real seems like another Northrend tease.

    And apparently that Northrend CGI image keeps getting taken down...
    If the Gardens of Life are connected to the Emerald Dream as rumoured, they could just have them as a sub-zone within Northrend, the entrance being the Emerald Dragonshrine in Dragonblight. I guess a Gardens of Life story could make sense with Ysera being resurrected and the Red Dragonflight and Bolvar requiring a closure to their storyline - I just don't think it'll be a stand alone content patch.

    And the leaked picture does get taken down?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  6. #2026
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    If the Gardens of Life are connected to the Emerald Dream as rumoured, they could just have them as a sub-zone within Northrend, the entrance being the Emerald Dragonshrine in Dragonblight. I guess a Gardens of Life story could make sense with Ysera being resurrected and the Red Dragonflight and Bolvar requiring a closure to their storyline - I just don't think it'll be a stand alone content patch.

    And the leaked picture does get taken down?
    Yeah Gardens of Life would be a hard swerve, and feel more like a gradual build up to the future. Maybe further buildup in a revamp (see: Botani on Azeroth).

    My moneys on Northrend or where the Sepulcher is, and it absolutely could be Northrend.

  7. #2027
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Okay, I haven't read up on the other Covenant stories in 9.1, but the Kyrian storyline is completed with all of the Uther and Paragon stuff that came with the build yesterday. Was it already datamined if the Necrolords choose a new Margrave?

    Guess we were right when we said that 9.1 finishes and wraps up all / most of the Shadowlands' plots and Covenant stories. And with Arthas having a significant part in the Kyrian campaign, I am sure he'll make an appearance in 9.2.
    Seems to me that all we really need is a definite hint for a Night Fae storyline and we have something for everyone to do in a future patchh, honestly.
    Kyrians will try to find Arthas, Necrolords will find new Margraves, and Venthyr will look for Denathrius and Dreadlords in general.

    Night Fae might be what connects us to the Gardens of Life or what have you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Yeah Gardens of Life would be a hard swerve, and feel more like a gradual build up to the future. Maybe further buildup in a revamp (see: Botani on Azeroth).

    My moneys on Northrend or where the Sepulcher is, and it absolutely could be Northrend.
    I dunno about the Gardens of Life. Depends on how heavily they want to tie it into the Emerald Dream. Doesnt really need to be a whole new thing when we already have somewhat explored a life themed area. Just have us go around learning a bit about whether the Emerald Dream is connected to the Gardens of Life, or even if they are the same.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  8. #2028
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Seems to me that all we really need is a definite hint for a Night Fae storyline and we have something for everyone to do in a future patchh, honestly.
    Kyrians will try to find Arthas, Necrolords will find new Margraves, and Venthyr will look for Denathrius and Dreadlords in general.

    Night Fae might be what connects us to the Gardens of Life or what have you.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I dunno about the Gardens of Life. Depends on how heavily they want to tie it into the Emerald Dream. Doesnt really need to be a whole new thing when we already have somewhat explored a life themed area. Just have us go around learning a bit about whether the Emerald Dream is connected to the Gardens of Life, or even if they are the same.
    I really doubt the specific Covenant campaigns are continuing after 9.1 (unrelated to the existence or non-existence of 9.3). It just feels like all of them get wrapped up and then come together in the finale of 9.1. After that we're moving forward with one single Shadowlands' storyline. I just don't see them having a patch revolve around minor Covenant stories as the Kyrians seem to be de facto completely done by the end of 9.1. Not saying they can't bring up more stuff, but it feels like a closure and doesn't need to be reopened yet again in another patch in my opinion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Yeah Gardens of Life would be a hard swerve, and feel more like a gradual build up to the future. Maybe further buildup in a revamp (see: Botani on Azeroth).

    My moneys on Northrend or where the Sepulcher is, and it absolutely could be Northrend.
    I mean I am saying this for weeks now I guess. I just think the Gardens of Life subplot that is brought up by Highlord or others here could very well fit into a Northrend content patch with the connections already existing in Dragonblight or even other zones (Sholazar etc.).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  9. #2029
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I really doubt the specific Covenant campaigns are continuing after 9.1 (unrelated to the existence or non-existence of 9.3). It just feels like all of them get wrapped up and then come together in the finale of 9.1. After that we're moving forward with one single Shadowlands' storyline. I just don't see them having a patch revolve around minor Covenant stories as the Kyrians seem to be de facto completely done by the end of 9.1. Not saying they can't bring up more stuff, but it feels like a closure and doesn't need to be reopened yet again in another patch.
    I think they will look similar to what they are looking like in this patch. Mostly everyone is involved, but distiinct questlines are rarely if ever limited to a specific covenant.
    Arthas and Deanthrius specifically seems like far too important to leave to a single covenant.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  10. #2030
    The major Kyrian conflict ends in 9.1. Maldraxxus's last antagonists are dealt with in 9.1. Revendreth is basically complete as well aside from the Remornia being stolen, which can be finished in any area in any realm. Ardenweald is complete aside from the Drust being finished once and for all.

    We get a ground mount, flying mount, two titles, two-three sets of armor, etc for each covenant. I really don't think there's any more to give here, the covenant system may very well be finished by 9.2.

  11. #2031
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I think they will look similar to what they are looking like in this patch. Mostly everyone is involved, but distiinct questlines are rarely if ever limited to a specific covenant.
    Arthas and Deanthrius specifically seems like far too important to leave to a single covenant.
    Guess storylines like Denathrius and Arthas are big and important enough to involve all Covenants, that's what I meant with a single Shadowlands' storyline going forward. Necrolords couldn't care less about the next Paragon of Loyalty as it doesn't affect Maldraxxus or their Covenant, a Shadowlands-wide threat like Denathrius would indeed concern them, e.g. that's why all Covenants are involved.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  12. #2032
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    The major Kyrian conflict ends in 9.1. Maldraxxus's last antagonists are dealt with in 9.1. Revendreth is basically complete as well aside from the Remornia being stolen, which can be finished in any area in any realm. Ardenweald is complete aside from the Drust being finished once and for all.

    We get a ground mount, flying mount, two titles, two-three sets of armor, etc for each covenant. I really don't think there's any more to give here, the covenant system may very well be finished by 9.2.
    I imagine the covenant system will keep going until the end, just with less and less specific rewards.

    Besides just generally them keeping hte Renown system as it is handy for rewards I imagine they will have at least one more big covenant specific reward to incentivize not swapping.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  13. #2033
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Okay, I haven't read up on the other Covenant stories in 9.1, but the Kyrian storyline is completed with all of the Uther and Paragon stuff that came with the build yesterday. Was it already datamined if the Necrolords choose a new Margrave?

    Guess we were right when we said that 9.1 finishes and wraps up all / most of the Shadowlands' plots and Covenant stories. And with Arthas having a significant part in the Kyrian campaign, I am sure he'll make an appearance in 9.2.
    Seems Elune could be part of a Life Pantheon or something related with the WQ. Who knows, maybe 9.2 will have us go to the Realm of Life, the Moon, or something like that, and we'll meet up with Elune during the 9.2 campaign or some shit like that.

    That way, Elune and the WQ can find closure, and Nature can use its full wrath against the Jailer.

  14. #2034
    If Northrend Revamp is indeed 9.2 then I can see this being two patches, unless we really do go from Northrend to yet another place.

    Maybe the revamp is split in half? Or the third patch is a new Northrend zone like Azjol Nerub.

  15. #2035
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Guess storylines like Denathrius and Arthas are big and important enough to involve all Covenants, that's what I meant with a single Shadowlands' storyline going forward. Necrolords couldn't care less about the next Paragon of Loyalty as it doesn't affect Maldraxxus or their Covenant, a Shadowlands-wide threat like Denathrius would indeed concern them, e.g. that's why all Covenants are involved.
    I would imagine that each covenant will have at least one more specific quesstline after 9.1 dealing with the specifics of making the sigil. After that covenant choice will probably only really affect the story in what characters recognixe you, and possibly what commander you get your orders from.

    I do agree though, the covenants are probably just going to get less and less important. Though I don't think they will get completely reelevant, Blizzard will likely find some reason to have players stick it out with them, if nothing else just to not make players feel like swapping covenants is encouraged.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  16. #2036
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I would imagine that each covenant will have at least one more specific quesstline after 9.1 dealing with the specifics of making the sigil. After that covenant choice will probably only really affect the story in what characters recognixe you, and possibly what commander you get your orders from.

    I do agree though, the covenants are probably just going to get less and less important. Though I don't think they will get completely reelevant, Blizzard will likely find some reason to have players stick it out with them, if nothing else just to not make players feel like swapping covenants is encouraged.
    Or they may cut off covenants at a certain point to emphasize that anyone can join them/they aren't so unique anymore. Remember they said "we may see a world where Shadowlands races come to Azeroth?" for the AR discussions?

    Well, here we go.

  17. #2037
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    If Northrend Revamp is indeed 9.2 then I can see this being two patches, unless we really do go from Northrend to yet another place.

    Maybe the revamp is split in half? Or the third patch is a new Northrend zone like Azjol Nerub.
    I very much doubt we're getting an entire Northrend revamp. That would be way too much for a content patch, even for two. This would be like WoD and they would definitely sell this as an expansion.

    I guess at best we're getting something like a Icecrown and Dragonblight revamp or more like the 8.3 stuff they did with the zones.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

  18. #2038
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I very much doubt we're getting an entire Northrend revamp. That would be way too much for a content patch, even for two. This would be like WoD and they would definitely sell this as an expansion.

    I guess at best we're getting something like a Icecrown and Dragonblight revamp or more like the 8.3 stuff they did with the zones.
    Consider that the Northrend revamp is a secret "box feature" and it takes the place of two patches.

    The "Nzoth invasion" stuff was very low effort on resources, but there's barely any new resources aside from Tazavesh in 9.1. We know that they're working on something big for zone stuff and Northrend fits the bill.

    Even if its just small sections of Northrend I am expecting an actual revamp instead of just mobs and rares: that was what the prepatch was.

  19. #2039
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    42,507
    They always work on big stuff regardless(Wish they went all out in 8.3 but whats done is done. I dunno about this Northrend stuff BUT if it happens I'll admit I'm wrong but I'm just not sure.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

    Warrior-Magi

  20. #2040
    Can somebody perhaps enlighten me? Where does this constant mention of the garden of life stem from? Never heard about it. Was that a thing while questing? Or from a covenant campaign? Only did kyrian so far.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •