Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    There where several monks ingame before mop but none used any monk abilities. Most just used weaponless attack animations and where called monk.
    Even though you could argue that windwalker was a rogue reskin and mistweaver a druid reskin the abilities haven't existed before anywhere.
    Mistweaver was kinda unique back in MoP and WoD, that's why it became my favorite healing spec. Unfortunately in Legion they streamlined them all. In Shadowlands all of the healers got an identity again, but they forgot that for Mistweavers, which are just a mix of Druid and Shaman.

I'm still very convinced that Blizzard is going to reuse the Azerite effects sooner or later. With essences etc. we had an entire class toolkit of amazing looking animations in the game they just got rid of.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    If you ask me what actual classes could still be in the game, and I think they could conceivably go up to 15 max, I would say it would be Tinker, Spellbreaker, and Necromancer.

Mail, Plate, Cloth classes respectively.

Also, this been posted yet? Just for fun:

Top right zone sounds old godish

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Another week come and gone.

Let's hope for a Friday announcement of a news stream next week.
    I am not sure why you'd expect an announcement today for next week when Mike already said that Warcraft and Overwatch news are expected in the next weeks.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-01-28 at 03:15 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    February week 1: Overwatch 2 info.
    Week 2: 9.2 release date (in two weeks).
    Week 3: Diablo news.
    Week 4: 9.2 release.
    March week 1: Warcraft mobile game reveal + annoucement of 10.0 reveal on 10th March.
    March week 2: 8th March Jailer cinematic, 10th March reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    February week 1: Overwatch 2 info.
    Week 2: 9.2 release date (in two weeks).
    Week 3: Diablo news.
    Week 4: 9.2 release.
    March week 1: Warcraft mobile game reveal + annoucement of 10.0 reveal on 10th March.
    March week 2: 8th March Jailer cinematic, 10th March reveal.
    On one hand, this schedule seems to make enough sense, on the other, I hope we don't have to wait until mid-march for news on the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    On one hand, this schedule seems to make enough sense, on the other, I hope we don't have to wait until mid-march for news on the expansion
    Pretty reasonable schedule however considering the current state of things rearding Blizz or WoW I would have expected 10.0 reveal last month... even the month before that honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Samurai are Japanese, so yeah, they are Asiatic. There is no such concept in Warcraft.
    They could very easily add a japanese themed zone, just like the Chinese themed Pandaria. Samaru is literally Japanese themed. People forget that they gave Orcs a lot of Taoist & Shintoist characteristics but then delegated them to the "extinct" orc races. Just like in vanilla they also gave Night Elves japanese-themed architecture but that has since been ignored.

What are the top 3 things you guys are most excited about coming in 9.2?

Trying to get a feel for the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mounts, transmogs, the end of SL.

Nothing. It's a really crappy patch. I'm shocked they haven't done the reveal to distract us from that.

Mostly just excited for the end of Shadowlands tbh. Might be the first patch in quite a few years that I don't resub for

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Top right zone sounds old godish
    Sounds more Icelandic to me if I read it out. Like the volcano "Eyjafjallajökull" there.

Honestly not sure I'm excited for anything except seeing how they wrap up the lore/story. Gameplay wise: raid looks to be a raid, no new dungeon, Zereth Mortis looks pretty bland, and the sets from zone/raid are mostly trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    So if you were to give a flaw to this big bad guy with a domination kink, what would it be?
    This is kind of digging into why the Bald Man fails as a baddie, but the core of it is that to have a flaw for a character you have to know about that character. And the writers have failed to tell us who this guy is and what kind of antagonist he is. He gravitates wildly between a Satanic larger than life figure unconcerned with lesser beings to a spiteful jackass who's grievances are based around his issues with his family and threatens randos he's barely met, from a Prometheus struggling for a chance to learn about the artificiality of his existence to a sadist who wants to make everyone as miserable as he is. He's pulled in fifty different directions and it's clear no one had a clear idea what to do with him, even down to his anodyne visual design and VA. I've been wanting to write an autopsy on him for a while since in an expansion that's otherwise either basically okay or bad in a dull technical fuck-up way, he's one of the only BFA-types of bad where it's worth the dissection.

@Edward Wu

The raid. From what I've seen it's shaping up to be better than Ny'alotha and Sanctum. Everything else is standard patch fare.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    They could very easily add a japanese themed zone, just like the Chinese themed Pandaria. Samaru is literally Japanese themed. People forget that they gave Orcs a lot of Taoist & Shintoist characteristics but then delegated them to the "extinct" orc races. Just like in vanilla they also gave Night Elves japanese-themed architecture but that has since been ignored.
    I'm probably talking out of my ass, but I wonder if Blizzard doesn't want to represent Japanese culture in a game that has very few Japanese players and a lot of Chinese ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    Pretty reasonable schedule however considering the current state of things rearding Blizz or WoW I would have expected 10.0 reveal last month... even the month before that honestly
    Seems way too early for that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I'm probably talking out of my ass, but I wonder if Blizzard doesn't want to represent Japanese culture in a game that has very few Japanese players and a lot of Chinese ones.
    Chinese people regularly consume Japanese media. The hate between them is massively overblown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post

Maybe, but that isn't the lore behind Blademasters.

Mounts, transmog, new zone.

The usual for me.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

It's improved 9.1, nothing more, nothing less. If you hate SL in general you won't like it. If you hate 9.1 for specific reason, maybe you'll like it, maybe don't, I would have to know these reasons.

Personally I like that maybe first time in history we have patch zone that is both big as Tanaan/Argus/Nazjatar but open like TI/Mechagon. Also it's completely 180 turn from Maw/Korthia doom&gloom. New raid looks as good as always.

New Torghast mode looks interesting, but I know nothing about it. Never bought hype for tier sets, they are just another borrowed power, but it's nice you don't have to raid for that. I don't know details.

Of course it's important it's final patch, it's always fun to 'finish' your chars and prepare them for next expac. Many people hope for expac this year, but I really doubt 9.2 will be shorter than usual ~12 months before next tier, last really short end tier was Legion when they released raids months later than main patch.

Worst thing about this patch is lack of innovation, looks like every fresh ideas is reserved for 10.0.

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    It's pretty optimistic schedule. I don't know what your smoking if you think they'll reveal next expansion less then month before current is finished without any event that force their hand.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2022-01-28 at 04:37 PM.