1+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/nasdalolx/status...653510666?s=21

Meant to post this yesterday about the person who predicted WoW’s expansion cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A WC3 thing.
    So it’s not a take on blade master

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Yeah, I saw that one. I don't think it's real, but I'm happy to see someone else is carrying on with the tradition of fake expansion logos.

This "leak season" in general is confusing me a bit, but maybe that's just because I'm so out of the loop with everything relating to WoW and Blizzard now. As far as I know, Blizzard isn't set to make any major announcements anytime soon and seeing as BlizzCon is cancelled and there aren't any major game conventions coming up, I'm confused why people are even expecting a real leak to pop up. Why now?
    People are getting antsy, that's all. None of us know when the announcement will be so people fire off leaks whenever they can instead of in a leadup.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post

Meant to post this yesterday about the person who predicted WoW’s expansion cycle.
    Meh, it makes for a somewhat interesting pattern but people see patterns where there isn't really one all the time.

If I had a dollar for every pattern in another game I play that got broken, I'd...well not be rich but be able to pay for a meal at least.

BfA kinda rethreaded MoP's war and old god line already, doesn't that render the pattern inconsistent?
    Also what the user above said, still waiting for my Shadowlands class according to the sacred pattern.

Yeah, I don't believe on all these Wowstradamus things anymore, if you want to find a pattern it's very easy to find one especially when all expansions have some unfinished subplots left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Yeah, I don't believe on all these Wowstradamus things anymore, if you want to find a pattern it's very easy to find one especially when all expansions have some unfinished subplots left and right.
    about unfinished subplot a favorite of mine is the whole "Icecrown Citadel was built with saronite", seemed like a big deal and then it was just left hanging

7+ Year Old Account
    Apparently according to a research note in Zereth Morthis there used to be a seventh cosmic force
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Void Lords, if we're going to treat them as the next Burning Legion like foe. Make them last for a long time(That and actually show them soon cause uhhhhh we don't even know what they're doing atm)

Note: This doesn't mean change the theme for 10.0 I was more speaking narratively when the time comes, we need to see a Void Lord or at least hear of one.

about unfinished subplot a favorite of mine is the whole "Icecrown Citadel was built with saronite", seemed like a big deal and then it was just left hanging
    I think they wanted the Lich King and Yogg connection to be more but that didn't happen. I'm all up for a "Try one more time" for any Old God. Sure its samey but Old God is very azeroth related and not completely delving into the Void Lord thread juuust yet. I'd probably just keep it on the low(I.E. in 10.0 some npcs mumble about how Ulduar is more active then it usually is).

Apparently according to a research note in Zereth Morthis there used to be a seventh cosmic force
    I've seen at least one person think it was reality but I dunno might be on the nose.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-01-28 at 05:48 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    So it’s not a take on blade master
    Where did I say it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Iirc it was speculated it could be time

Edit: the seventh force was first mentioned (iirc) in 9.1: https://www.wowhead.com/news/whisper...ialogue-322841
    Last edited by NikolaiShade; 2022-01-28 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Speaking of Void Lords, if we're going to treat them as the next Burning Legion like foe. Make them last for a long time(That and actually show them soon cause uhhhhh we don't even know what they're doing atm)

Note: This doesn't mean change the theme for 10.0 I was more speaking narratively when the time comes, we need to see a Void Lord or at least hear of one.
    I just hope whoever our next villain is, they're not enshrouded in 8 layers of mystery and cliff hangers

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post

I mean we haven't seen Sargeras until legion I believe (other than the titan artwork out of game), even in the WC games.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    Or indeed why ominous music meant for Yogg-Saron played when Bolvar became the Lich King.
    Or what the whole deal was with the Klaxxi paragons claiming we would meet again.
    Or why Blizzard made a point of stating that Thros was in a unique space somewhere between the Shadowlands and the Emerald Nightmare.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

One thing I kind of wish was explored, or at least explained more, was the similarity between Icecrown Citadel and Torghast. Yeah I know Jailer's aesthetic and all that but it just feels too purposeful still, especially with the mirrored through the crack in reality thing.

Maybe just expecting too much of them though. I remember one fake leak for 9.2 said that Torghast and ICC would link together and something something titan tech something. Always thought that was neat.

I mean we haven't seen Sargeras until legion I believe (other than the titan artwork out of game), even in the WC games.
    He still had a ton of buildup at least. If they want to spring some giant mastermind thing like this a third (fourth?) time, give it some serious buildup, otherwise you end up with the Jailer and looking like you hastily threw him together to handwave shit.

Quote Originally Posted by NikolaiShade View Post
    Iirc it was speculated it could be time

Edit: the seventh force was first mentioned (iirc) in 9.1: https://www.wowhead.com/news/whisper...ialogue-322841
    I am pretty confident it's reality. It's explicitly said to be a sort of amalgamation between the 6 cosmic forces.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I am pretty confident it's reality. It's explicitly said to be a sort of amalgamation between the 6 cosmic forces.
    To me it's either Reality or Time, can't see what else it could be

I predict a future expansion that follows up on none of the Shadowlands plot threads and just gives us a whole new asspull story that we never asked for.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's true, but at least Sargeras was name-dropped pretty early on and slowly built up to over the years. As far as the Void Lords go, we only know them as... "the Void Lords". Which is boring.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Wow, he predicted that 8.0 will be about Old Gods? That was hard to do, there were no hints in game, he must have inside info!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I think in South Seas expansion they would want to show us all remaining isles, it would be strange to come back later just for one isle. Year ago I came up with that idea:

a)Title: Black Empire
    b) capital city: Kezan City rebuilded by Goblins and Gnomes
    c) Levelling zones - Kezan/Undermine (Goblin/old god theme), Tel Abim (naga/banana theme), Plunder Isle (pirate theme; 3 boss raid), Zandalar (troll theme; 7 boss raid)
    d) Max level zone (Suramar style) - Kul Tiras, we infiltrate secret N'zoth cult; tier 1 raid - human theme with some void corruption, last boss Jaina
    e) Patch 8.1 - Ulduar revamped as 5 man Karazhan style
    f) 8.2 - Naga invasion, Nazjatar zone, raid with Azshara as final boss
    g) 8.3 - we finally deal with N'zoth, Nyalotha zones (which is rather our stand of mind that actual place in Azeroth).

Leak : Following the story of Wrath of The Bolvar, the next expansion (Confirmed by John blizzard himself) is gonna be Mist of Alexstraza