10+ Year Old Account
    I actually had a good laugh because of that guy who believed my Dragon Isles map was real lmao

I made it for fun, not any leaky intention
    Last edited by Azalar; 2022-01-28 at 07:27 PM.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wackotaco View Post
    Next expansion is Northern Lordaeron - rebuilt + new zones. Rebuilding undercity/Capital City as neutral hub. New building professions. Scarlet Crusade/Onslaught/Brotherhood and ultimately Galakrond, which leads to Dragon Isles. New class: Necromancer (with SL covenant themed abilities)
    This is it������

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    I actually had a good laugh at that guy who believed my Dragon Isles map was real lmao

I made it for fun, not any leaky intention
    You are very talented, keep it up!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Now I don't know whats actually coming or not(Dragons or something cosmic).
    I still feel like it has to be dragons. Because what the fuck else is left for a grounded expansion, we've killed everything else on Azeroth at this point short of the World Soul itself.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    You are very talented, keep it up!
    Thanks, it means a lot coming from you <3

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke is a gamer View Post
    i still feel like it has to be dragons. Because what the fuck else is left for a grounded expansion, we've killed everything else on azeroth at this point short of the world soul itself.

Ducks.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post

Ducks.
    Shit you right.

Ducks.
    Life is like a hurricane, here in Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Interesting fact, there are no ducks (except rubber ones) in WoW atm
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Ducks.
    Proudly presenting the next chapter in the history of Warcraft:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Proudly presenting the next chapter in the history of Warcraft:

SOmeone slap a fake logo on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Interesting fact, there are no ducks (except rubber ones) in WoW atm
    https://twitter.com/i/status/900778062505267201

Ion's cadence here has blown my mind for years now.

I've been wondering when we'll get a duck since I started in 2007, and having finally found out it's an inside joke among Devs to even be aware of the Duck-less state of the game is such the triple A Troll.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

I'm not entirely convinced it's going to be dragons myself.

I've been riding the wave because it's led to some fun discussions, but the evidence we have for dragons is still pretty circumstantial and it reminds me a lot of the clues in the past that I thought were leading to Azshara or Sylvanas expansions that didn't happen (at least not when I thought they were going to). I even recall similar clues being seen as a sign of dragon expansions in the past (I think Deaths of Chromie was a stronger implication of impending dragons than anything we've gotten this time yet). While many are expecting the next expansion to start fresh in some way, the last few expansions have built off of the previous expansion's plots or subplots (Gul'dan took the Legion from Warlords of Draenor into Legion, lots of things from Legion became more relevant in Battle for Azeroth, from Azshara to Sylvanas and Genn's battle to Xal'atath, and Sylvanas' going increasingly against her Horde loyalty during Battle for Azeroth led into Shadowlands), in a way we just don't have for dragons right now.

Another possibility is still something about Elune. After spending years and years as the one cosmic mystery Blizzard refused to elaborate on, she openly saved Ysera in Legion, empowered Tyrande in Battle for Azeroth, and received dialogue for the first time this expansion. A subplot of this expansion has been Elune's connection to Tyrande, the Night Warriors, the Winter Queen, and Ysera. We also have the question as to where the night elves go from here with their home and capital still destroyed, but Elune has promised renewal. Now it may have just been for the Dark Abduction cutscene, but we also have a World Tree 2 file and some mysterious Kalimdor test map, so despite Elune being a cosmic figure she could still be the centerpiece of an otherwise grounded expansion. Finally, with her fondness for the green dragons being established and even relevant this expansion, the possible deluxe edition mount has more than enough connection to her.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2022-01-28 at 08:05 PM.

I've been wondering when we'll get a duck since I started in 2007, and having finally found out it's an inside joke among Devs to even be aware of the Duck-less state of the game is such the triple A Troll.
    It's even more funny when they add they keep adding more exotic animals like axolotl and wombats. I'm willing to bet they will add platypus before ducks.

7+ Year Old Account

Every april fools I read the logs expecting a duck race announcement
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I am pretty confident it's reality. It's explicitly said to be a sort of amalgamation between the 6 cosmic forces.
    I am not totally convinced I got those Zereth Mortis lore bits right, but isn't the 7th force something dangerous? Doesn't Firim say something like he fears that Zovaals interference with the sepulcher left some kind of cracks in the fabric of reality where the 7th force could enter with enough pressure... that was at least how I understood it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    SOmeone slap a fake logo on that.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-01-28 at 08:13 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    ducklogo.png
    Lmao! The reflection is gold

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Imagine if 10.0 isn't actually about dragons and Dragon Isles or world revamp, blizz must be shitting their pants hoping they get a good reception on their theme
    I wouldn't mind if it was something outside of the box, since it seems like the past couple of expansions have all been relatively easily predicted by fans. At this point, Blizzard has exhausted almost every relevant future expansion setting from the lore—while wasting great ones like Nazjatar and Ny'alotha on shitty patches when they could have just as well been settings for entire expansions. It's actually kind of ridiculous if a zone like Dragon Isles that's barely been mentioned in the lore ends up being the setting of an entire expansion while Nazjatar and Ny'alotha (which had been heavily talked about and foreshadowed within the game itself) were just patch zones.

If 10.0 is taking us to the Dragon Isles, then it kind of leaves you wondering about what's left. Sure, they can jump to other planets or dimensions as they did with Shadowlands, but I think most fans of the series can agree that Shadowlands was too big of a departure from the familiar Warcraft setting and theme. Or they can conjure up new continents out of nowhere and throw them on Azeroth (which would be the better option of these two in my opinion) but there is a certain point where the blatant ass-pulling of new material that wasn't established in prior lore will start to get to some people.