Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I have a question for everyone.

If Elune is an Eternal One of the Gardens of Life, did she still create the Prime Naaru? Is it just going to be that Khadgar's theory was wrong and the Tears worked on Xe'ra's core for some other reason?
    well, she's an 'upstart goddess'. she's on a trip to collect all powers - and maybe she's so useless because she has been trapped in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    World of Warcraft: The Cosmonauts of Elunor
    Only thing missing is a logo.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Catastrophy349;53579064]
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    With the amount of zones they are doing right now, linear. Leveling story in Legion and BFA was incoherent. It was slightly better in BFA because the 3 zones on both sides culminated into 1 questline. I still it lacks some oof moments. I found SL leveling better than BFA and Legion the first time around. Not so much for repeats tho. I'd like a world revamp where we use a lot more zones to level in. That makes for a bit more room so you could start in 1 zone, then do 3 in any order after, then 2 in any order after, then 1 to culminate or something. The same way as you'd have bosses in raidwings.

- - - Updated - - -

I would love to see a linear storyline. However, at the end of it, I would like to see a zone similar to Suramar that we unlock more and more over time with new stories, etc. Lots of stuff to do. A culmination of the leveling zones so to speak. The Maw sucked!
    I agree, zones like Suramar and Ilse of Thunder were great for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Good points you bring up. Elune FINALLY making her appearance has to have some significance. Denathrius getting away, again, more significance. As for the Dreadlords, we will be fighting Mal'ganis and his partner (but we don't know what will happen since it's not on PTR). Maybe they will get away, maybe there will be some interesting dialogue/RP during the fight encounter. Could be cool.
    The thing about the cross-faction instances dragon leak the other day gave me pause, but in general I've actually been losing confidence in a dragon expansion being next. Shadowlands has a few subplots not directly related to Zovaal's plan, but none of them relate to the dragons. We have a dragon in Exile's Reach and Ysera in Ardenwealed, but the former is resolved in its own zone and the latter is tied to the Winter Queen and Tyrande's arc, not its own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKharon View Post
    Got the news a bit late (playing GW2 preparing for the new expansion later this month)... 9.2.5 is officially a thing now. Does anyone still believe in 10.0 in 2022?
    Personally i dont see it. 9.2.5 will probably release early summer. 10.0 beta after that, then 6+ month of beta with big christmas break, so 10.0 ready for release in spring 2023... so long away
    Haven't believed in 10.0 in 2022 for a long time now. Beta usually takes 6-8 months. It's februari and we havent even gotten an announcement of the announcement yet

I really am hoping for a lower stakes, Azeroth-centric expansion, ideally with a world revamp to just mostly bum around in old zones helping farmers remove gophers and whatnot.
    Mostly though I am hoping we are returning to the Legion style of patch cadence. Not just the clockwork regularity of a new patch every 11 weeks, but also how the raids didnt open before the .5 patch, which meant we had a smoother release of content where the raid came once you were bored with the zones, and a new zone came when you were bored with the raid, and so on and so on.
    Releasing both the zone and raid all at once just means you have two or three weeks of loads of content, then 4-5 months of very little new.

All that being said. Shadowlands has been hit so bad by the droughts that I think even a shitty expansion like BfA would be considered great if it at least managed a full 3 major patches and 4 minor patches spread mostly evenly over the expansions lifecycle.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Any sights on the new build? Its getting laterino.

Still several hours left in the day, of which the next 3-4 are usual build hours.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I really am hoping for a lower stakes, Azeroth-centric expansion, ideally with a world revamp to just mostly bum around in old zones helping farmers remove gophers and whatnot.
    Mostly though I am hoping we are returning to the Legion style of patch cadence. Not just the clockwork regularity of a new patch every 11 weeks, but also how the raids didnt open before the .5 patch, which meant we had a smoother release of content where the raid came once you were bored with the zones, and a new zone came when you were bored with the raid, and so on and so on.
    Releasing both the zone and raid all at once just means you have two or three weeks of loads of content, then 4-5 months of very little new.

All that being said. Shadowlands has been hit so bad by the droughts that I think even a shitty expansion like BfA would be considered great if it at least managed a full 3 major patches and 4 minor patches spread mostly evenly over the expansions lifecycle.
    Yeah, I was watching Bellular's new video today and he doesn't even care if the next expac (10.0) is like a solid 7.5/8 out of 10.0. As long as it's good enough. Just can't have another SL.

7+ Year Old Account
    Haven't believed in 10.0 in 2022 for a long time now. Beta usually takes 6-8 months. It's februari and we havent even gotten an announcement of the announcement yet
    That is because of the usual slow staggered release of content in alpha and beta. We at the moment have no indicaton how far along development is compared to previous expansion in January/February.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

1+ Year Old Account
    Only things we know are:
    1). Zorbrix tweeted out that a new build should go LIVE tonight
    2). PTR is down

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    That is because of the usual slow staggered release of content in alpha and beta. We at the moment have no indicaton how far along development is compared to previous expansion in January/February.
    True. However I reckon they will still need to phase it out like normal because they want to have focused testing. I don't see why the beta for 10.0 would be shorter than any other expac before it. Especially since SL was so slow to release its patches.

1+ Year Old Account
    It's funny you say that. So many people are saying, "10.0 will come out by the fall. 10.0 will be out by the end of the year. 10.0 won't release until early 2023, or summer 2023, or 2024." At the end of the day, we just don't know how far along they are in development. For all we know, they've been working their butts off and have a decent amount done, or could be the complete opposite.

Personally, I could care less how much they show us at this point. I wouldn't even mind a "teaser" and nothing more until they have more to show. Just tell us it's coming, give us something to look forward to, and most of all, it would create A TON of speculation/HYPE through the forums, twitter, YouTube, Twitch, Reddit, etc. 10.0 info will be on fire!

7+ Year Old Account
    True. However I reckon they will still need to phase it out like normal because they want to have focused testing. I don't see why the beta for 10.0 would be shorter than any other expac before it. Especially since SL was so slow to release its patches.
    Yes I agree that it will be gradually phased, however if what I mentioned is the case the gradual releases could fit into a smaller window and not wait for weeks for development to finish on something to release it. 2-3 weeks of testing for 1 leveling zone seems too much, increase the number of beta access and have the leveling zones release over a 1-1.5 month period etc.

1+ Year Old Account
    Yes I agree that it will be gradually phased, however if what I mentioned is the case the gradual releases could fit into a smaller window and not wait for weeks for development to finish on something to release it. 2-3 weeks of testing for 1 leveling zone seems too much, increase the number of beta access and have the leveling zones release over a 1-1.5 month period etc.
    As anxious as I am for new content, somehow I was able to contain myself during SL beta and for all the PTR patches in SL. I knew almost nothing (lore wise) that was happening in SL before it launched (even though many people tested the beta and made videos/talked about them online) AND I still have almost no info on 9.2 in terms of the story. Feels good when I finally do all the content when it's new/fresh; however, it sucks having to wait, too!

BfA beta began April 24, 2018 - Release was Aug 14, 2018
    Shadowlands beta started Jul 21, 2020 - Release was Nov 23, 2020 (Original release was Oct 27, 2020)

So as long was there's a beta by summer, I don't see why 10.0 couldn't feasibly come out this year.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's funny you say that. So many people are saying, "10.0 will come out by the fall. 10.0 will be out by the end of the year. 10.0 won't release until early 2023, or summer 2023, or 2024." At the end of the day, we just don't know how far along they are in development. For all we know, they've been working their butts off and have a decent amount done, or could be the complete opposite.

Personally, I could care less how much they show us at this point. I wouldn't even mind a "teaser" and nothing more until they have more to show. Just tell us it's coming, give us something to look forward to, and most of all, it would create A TON of speculation/HYPE through the forums, twitter, YouTube, Twitch, Reddit, etc. 10.0 info will be on fire!
    The only argument for 10.0 not being too far back in development is that they probably cut the mid patch for SL for that.
    And as Ion teased he can't discuss possible future SL patches before 9.2 story concludes hints that if there will be a third patch it will probably be a bridge using 10.0 stuff.

As for the alpha beta cycle being 7-8 months, theoretically a late march start of testing could still mean a late 2022 expansion.

Or maybe a longer prepatch. Release it before holiday season and end it after, lasting 1.5-2 months

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Shadowlands beta started Jul 21, 2020 - Release was Nov 23, 2020 (Original release was Oct 27, 2020)

So as long was there's a beta by summer, I don't see why 10.0 couldn't feasibly come out this year.
    True, tho there were alphas with staggered content releases before betas

- - - Updated - - -

As anxious as I am for new content, somehow I was able to contain myself during SL beta and for all the PTR patches in SL. I knew almost nothing (lore wise) that was happening in SL before it launched (even though many people tested the beta and made videos/talked about them online) AND I still have almost no info on 9.2 in terms of the story. Feels good when I finally do all the content when it's new/fresh; however, it sucks having to wait, too!
    I usually do this for movies (watch no trailers or read articles before hand)... however for WoW I just like the speculation and cant get myself to do taht

1+ Year Old Account
    The only argument for 10.0 not being too far back in development is that they probably cut the mid patch for SL for that.
    And as Ion teased he can't discuss possible future SL patches before 9.2 story concludes hints that if there will be a third patch it will probably be a bridge using 10.0 stuff.

As for the alpha beta cycle being 7-8 months, theoretically a late march start of testing could still mean a late 2022 expansion.

Or maybe a longer prepatch. Release it before holiday season and end it after, lasting 1.5-2 months

- - - Updated - - -

True, tho there were alphas with staggered content releases before betas

- - - Updated - - -

I usually do this for movies (watch no trailers or read articles before hand)... however for WoW I just like the speculation and cant get myself to do taht
    It's really difficult. Somehow I manage haha. I'm not a hermit, though. I read up on "some" stuff. I'm not completely innocent. However, I would say the other 95% is a mystery to me which is always fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

True. But there's alpha too. Also: Both of these were announced in the november of the previous year. Including those "What's next panels" showing a lot of stuff. If we take BFA's cycle (the shortest of the two). That would put us at a launch of 10.0 around december 2022, but 10.0 would be announced today. Mind you a less than 4 month beta is the shortest we have ever seen (I think). I just don't see them launching it this year.

True. But there's alpha too. Also: Both of these were announced in the november of the previous year. Including those "What's next panels" showing a lot of stuff. If we take BFA's cycle (the shortest of the two). That would put us at a launch of 10.0 around december 2022, but 10.0 would be announced today. Mind you a less than 4 month beta is the shortest we have ever seen (I think). I just don't see them launching it this year.
    10.0 releasing this year would presuppose a very quick turnover from announcement to Alpha opening.
    It's not impossible, but it would be something that has not really happened before.

I could easily see a situation where Blizzard is on track for the Alpha, but decided to wait announcing 10.0 regardless.
    The world revamp dream will never die!