Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    10.0 delayed till spring 2023. 9.3 greatest hits patch. Patch 9.3 Infinite Dawn. 1 raid 11 bosses. 10 of everyone's favorite bosses of all time and a few easier iconic ones. Lich King, Lei'Shen, Garrosh, Blackfuse, Blackhand, Marrowgar, Ragnaros Firelands, Illidan, etc. New patch zone thrown together with art from old zones. The infinite Isle. Assets and doodads from everyones favorite zones in history. Main player hub is a portion of Suramar city, daily area biomes. 1 based on Isle of Thunder, 1 on timeless isle, Molten front, Argus, Nazjatar, Quel'Danas etc. New dungeon Abysal Maw. Boss Neptulon and Ozumat. New BG Azsharas crator. Take on mobas.

Either new zone and raid quickly thrown together with existing art assets and mechanics, quests etc, or old content that was almost done but scrapped. Abyssal Maw dungeon would be cool to see. The BG was meant to be released in Vanilla I think, but they could use Cata Azshara assets for now, and if its popular remake it later.

11 boss raid. 10 old bosses, and 1 new one. The antagonist of the patch. The son/daughter of Nozdormu who is medaling in the past and future trying to avenge her father's death. Nozdormu helps us and gets depressed after he helps us kill his child. 10.0 or 11.0 this leads to him turning into Moruzond. He never escapes his deep depression.
    With Shadowlands, a part of me expected that the Jailer collected the most powerful souls and use them against us.

The amount of whining about recycled content would be unbearable.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I don't want them to squish again. It's too messy. Just swish every 3 or 4 expansions.
    It's like asking them to clean up garbage only when it starts really, really smell.

10.0 announcement has to be good.
    They cant just tease stuff with a few slides and pictures without any details. I mean sure they can, but there would be a huge shitstorm "see again no content, they are far behind, ...". And they have to be reasonably sure that they can meet the release date deadline with a game in a good state. No more delays, cut content and buggy as hell/ untuned releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    I know you are joking but I’d be ok with this

- - - Updated - - -

I keep seeing leaks talking about another level squish and I have to ask…Why has this meme become a thing?? I get the original squish gave the illusion of losing progress but constantly seeing your character go back and back

“But leveling would defeat the purpose of the system”
    Or if they just reset it after 100 it would be less work every time and something only needed like once a decade
    By having a level squish and keeping the max level at 60 each expansion it's easier for Blizzard to focus on the core levelling, instead of needing to make levels increasingly meaningless and watered down.

It's also less confusing if you know for sure that levels 10-50 will always be levelling in old zones, and 50-60 will always be levelling in current zones, rather than wondering whether you have to level through SL still, or whether levelling a new character is slower than before etc.

Keeping max level at 60 makes levelling constant.
    1-10 is tutorials, 10-50 is getting to grips with the world, and 50-60 is current content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    The amount of whining about recycled content would be unbearable.
    Players will shine about anything. And the arguments against recycled content is almost always pointless anyways.
    It's not like new zones will be necessarily able to do something completely out there that old zones cannot already do.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Why keep adding or squishing levels at all. Why can't it always stay at 60 even when a new expansion is released? It's not like they're lacking ways to drip feed players content and gate stuff. This "10 levels every expansion" thing is obsolete.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Why keep adding or squishing levels at all. Why can't it always stay at 60 even when a new expansion is released? It's not like they're lacking ways to drip feed players content and gate stuff. This "10 levels every expansion" thing is obsolete.
    You are aware that leveling is still content for some people, especially expansion tourists at the beginning? Also have fun farming old content if everything stays at level 60.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

So, the new build is no release build, meaning 9.2 comes the earliest towards end of February? Regarding Guild Wars 2s expansion coming out around Feb 28 a patch at Feb 22 or even March 1 makes sense.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    So, the new build is no release build, meaning 9.2 comes the earliest towards end of February? Regarding Guild Wars 2s expansion coming out around Feb 28 a patch at Feb 22 or even March 1 makes sense.
    In 9.1 PTR they marked build as release same day date was revealed (12 days before launch), despite that there was different build day before.

I expect 22nd February release, so next week build with music on Wednesday and date+release build next day. I could also see everything taking 1 more week, but patch 8th March or later would be pretty strange.

1+ Year Old Account
    Big news coming today according to Towelliee! https://twitter.com/towelthetank/sta...851885059?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Big news coming today according to Towelliee! https://twitter.com/towelthetank/sta...851885059?s=21
    We can finally defeat him here and now. 9.2 release date is not 'big' news. So if its just that, then we win. Lets go lads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    No music in this week's build, but they did add the file references TO the music so we might be seeing that next build.
    Thank you for providing light at the end of the tunnel. Looking forward to some new tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    You are aware that leveling is still content for some people, especially expansion tourists at the beginning? Also have fun farming old content if everything stays at level 60.
    We don't need to gain levels in order to exponentionally grow in power. Just add 50 or so itemlevels between expansions and voila.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    We can finally defeat him here and now. 9.2 release date is not 'big' news. So if its just that, then we win. Lets go lads.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for providing light at the end of the tunnel. Looking forward to some new tunes.
    Hehehe. Even if we got any news related to 10.0, there’s no chance they would flat out announce the next expansion. It’ll be an announcement of an announcement to build anticipation/HYPE. I would be so disappointed to find out 10.0 was announced while I was at work with no heads up. Likely 9.2 news, though, yes!! Closer…closer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I would consider that big news. I feel like most people would consider that significant news.
    I would consider it regular news or medium-sized news, but definitely not big news.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    If Towellliee was reliable source, wed have a big news 7 days in a week. That moron isnt trustworthy.

1+ Year Old Account
    No matter what happens, I look forward to being here with everyone chatting about it! As much as I love the physical news, most times I prefer the HYPE and build up to the news than the actual news itself. I love speculating about future content!

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I would consider that big news. I feel like most people would consider that significant news.
    Considering how Shadowlands is a failed and doomed expansion and everyone is pretty much just hoping 10.0 will save WoW, No, it wouldn't be big news for most people. Just like 6.2's release date was absolutely not big news for most people.

For the shills it will be, but for the shills even what Ion ate for breakfast is big news.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have another patch in the background download, you too ?
    (a small one tho, 140Mb)

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Considering how Shadowlands is a failed and doomed expansion and everyone is pretty much just hoping 10.0 will save WoW, No, it wouldn't be big news for most people. Just like 6.2's release date was absolutely not big news for most people.

For the shills it will be, but for the shills even what Ion ate for breakfast is big news.
    Í'm excited and cant wait for Towellie to reveal what Ion ate for breakfast this morning!!

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Í'm excited and cant wait for Towellie to reveal what Ion ate for breakfast this morning!!
    Ohh, I really hope it's Gyros. I have a buddy who is really waiting for him to have eaten lamb koftas, but I know Ion best.
    The world revamp dream will never die!