Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    give me my damn maw skip

i still dont understand why it isnt being put in 9.1
    Have mount? With mount it's fastest level you get in 50-60 (without it too btw). Worst part are 2 or 3 explanation RP moments, I always go AFK there.

7+ Year Old Account
    give me my damn maw skip

Wut? I'm 100% sure I saw the news that they do implement the skip in 9.1.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Wut? I'm 100% sure I saw the news that they do implement the skip in 9.1.
    They're putting in a skip for bulvar's torghast quests. Still no Maw intro skip
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

Mid June launch

Sylvanas fight Uber bugged

Morgan was wrong about the amount of sockets
    You can get up to 8 not 4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    700 MB Patch.
    Weird i saw 1.05 GB

- - - Updated - - -

So they seem to have added more of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    To be honest there's possibly a whole host of reasons why SL might be unpopular with people that are entirely out of Blizzard's control now.

Maybe the fact that the expansion theme is sort of doom & gloom is off-putting to people during a pandemic when depression rates have soared? Who knows.
    Maybe the fact that the pandemic is causing them to be so behind and exacerbating the negative feedback loop of SL makes it harder to continue comfiting to the expansion due to their stay-at-home work output being lower than before the pandemic?

People can come up with so many reasons. I'm not saying all of them are Blizzard's fault. Like you say, it's the extraordinary circumstances we find ourselves in that the patch structure for this expansion is already unprecedented. What else could be?

I've personally not been enjoying the expansion for exactly the reasons you mention above; I'm not keen on playing a doom and gloom expansion when I'm dealing with doom and gloom personally from a pandemic.

Personally I hope the next expansion is a Mists of Pandaria stye curveball. After Legion, BFA, and Shadowlands, we could use a thematic break.

10+ Year Old Account
    That reason.....is just weird. At least you can fight the "Doom and gloom"
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-05-19 at 02:28 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That reason.....is just weird. At least you can fight the "Doom and gloom"
    Not really weird when you have this kind of expansion on top of BFA and Legion, which were also a bit on the dark side. The perceived content droughts aren't helping either. It's making this expansion and its dark thematics feel like a drag.

I don't think it's by accident that MoP is remembered so fondly by the community, and I wouldn't be surprised if after this expansion, MoP takes the top spot, due to the Lich King's lore being messed with in Shadowlands. That said, Blizz should definitely consider an expansion like MoP just to break up the dark thematics of the last 4 expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Not really weird when you have this kind of expansion on top of BFA and Legion, which were also a bit on the dark side. The perceived content droughts aren't helping either. It's making this expansion and its dark thematics feel like a drag.

I don't think it's by accident that MoP is remembered so fondly by the community, and I wouldn't be surprised if after this expansion, MoP takes the top spot, due to the Lich King's lore being messed with in Shadowlands. That said, Blizz should definitely consider an expansion like MoP just to break up the dark thematics of the last 4 expansions.
    The lore of the Lich King isn't messed up, just explained more instead of left in the dark and MoP is valued not necessarily cause of its chill tone, thats your projection here. Of all things people "miss" about MoP most of it is gameplay related and not in relation to any lore being "dark." Its very much not the thing that is talked about.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-05-19 at 03:02 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Mid June launch
    Mid June launch would be horrible and contradict everything Ion said in his Preach interview. TBC launches June 1. You cannot "finish" TBC in two weeks. And Ion doesn't want both TBC launch and 9.1 to overlap directly. But granted, the 2 week grace period of TBC pre-patch is also very short, so I don't know if Ion is deliberately trolling or has no clue about his damn game.

P.S.: Happy Pre-Patch, TBC-fellows!
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The lore of the Lich King isn't messed up, just explained more instead of left in the dark and MoP is valued not necessarily cause of its chill tone, thats your projection here. Of all things people "miss" about MoP most of it is gameplay related and not in relation to any lore being "dark." Its very much not the thing that is talked about.
    I would say it’s both the tone and the gameplay that’s fondly remembered. I would say that if you polled the community, the majority would want the next expansion to be more grounded, and based on a lore location on Azeroth itself.

That said, an expansion revolving around Yrel and the Lightbound invading Azeroth, or Dragon Isles could work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That said, Blizz should definitely consider an expansion like MoP just to break up the dark thematics of the last 4 expansions.
    So you're saying things are to bright currently? Thematically, MoP was pretty dark. Much darker than what we're currently dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Mid June launch would be horrible and contradict everything Ion said in his Preach interview. TBC launches June 1. You cannot "finish" TBC in two weeks. And Ion doesn't want both TBC launch and 9.1 to overlap directly. But granted, the 2 week grace period of TBC pre-patch is also very short, so I don't know if Ion is deliberately trolling or has no clue about his damn game.

Why do you take what Ion says as the word of God? Like you said, the guy has no idea how to run the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

the games wouldnt be launching at the same time if it launched say on the 15th most players who already place a bunch of time in classic would be hitting cap and starting the heroic grind where as 9.1 would have the first couple chapters and the new dungeon because the time gating will still hamstring players.

guess a two week wait for the raid to launch like usual which allows the grinding that the hardcore players will do and in TBC you will have the raids getting cleared by those who capped

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So you're saying things are to bright currently? Thematically, MoP was pretty dark. Much darker than what we're currently dealing with.
    outside of the depressed panda and the outright genocidal leader MoP was a bright expansion

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Why do you take what Ion says as the word of God? Like you said, the guy has no idea how to run the game.
    I mean he's the lead figure when it comes to the direction of WoW, at least until Karen from Finance or Bobby have their word. So what he says should have some leverage. I think it's out of question that he turned WoW into the worst state its ever been with BfA and Shadowlands (aka Systemlands) and that he drastically has to change the course and direction of retail, but that isn't the point here. I guess his word means something, for the better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Like you said, the guy has no idea how to run the game.
    You forgot to add that devs don't play their game, fixing WoW would be easy as pie and could be done in day by competent people.

the games wouldnt be launching at the same time if it launched say on the 15th most players who already place a bunch of time in classic would be hitting cap and starting the heroic grind where as 9.1 would have the first couple chapters and the new dungeon because the time gating will still hamstring players.

guess a two week wait for the raid to launch like usual which allows the grinding that the hardcore players will do and in TBC you will have the raids getting cleared by those who capped
    The average player won't have reached the level cap within the first week, let alone the reputation for heroics by then. TBC's initial phase has a waaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer lifespan than 9.1 for example. And Ion specifically said the playerbase is overlapping and they want to avoid another Shadowlands release vs. Naxxramas situation. If Ion's words mean anything, they give the players at least 4 weeks between both releases. At least. 6 would be better, by then most players in TBC will have reached cap, done heroics and maybe even cleared Karazhan so the first "down" kicks in. Players can go back to retail, experience 9.1 for a few weeks and then return for phase 2.

Forcing people to make a choice between a completely fresh TBC and leaving it during its high / honeymoon phase (2-3 weeks after launch) to play 9.1 makes not much sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    give me my damn maw skip

Does the Maw really bother you that much? I mean it would be no issue for them to put a bypass in but it's still only like 15 minutes of questing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Does the Maw really bother you that much? I mean it would be no issue for them to put a bypass in but it's still only like 15 minutes of questing.
    You mean 5 minutes of questing and 20 minutes of waiting for the agonizingly long RP to finish?

Formerly known as Arafal