Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I guess first will be 9.1.5 with usual 1.5 content (Brawler's Guild, Legion timewalking, smaller stuff) - I guess late July for PTR, late September for release. So October would be 9.2 reveal/PTR, December/January for release. All dates of course if they're more or less back on track.
    give me my damn maw skip

i still dont understand why it isnt being put in 9.1

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    so lest say we get 9.1 in 5 weeks
    this fits due to the fact we still have 8 mythic bosses to test
    2 bosses per week is 4 weeks
    last week for stability

this means about 3-4 months after it we get 9.2 info
    Also depends on whether the raid opens immediately. I could easily see 2-3 weeks which could be used for raid testing. So really it could all depend on how long the patch itself needs, which doesn't need to be a lot.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    It does not fit with the existing lore at all. Titans can have connections to the Eternals and other members of other Pantheons, sure. But "daddy Argus" did not rule over the fucking Brokers. Jesus fucking christ.

And so what if they do have an identity? The Eternal Ones and co also have identity, so fuckin what?

- - - Updated - - -

I always saw the Earth Mother as a spiritual embodiment of Azeroth's World Soul, yeah. Like an Avatar of sorts.

What if you are proven wrong eventually? Will you stop with the: overdramatic caps you know it all posts?

I am joking with you, just rlx. I for one welcome new lore its just stupid they try to link everything.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2021-05-17 at 02:54 PM.

give me my damn maw skip

Have mount? With mount it's fastest level you get in 50-60 (without it too btw). Worst part are 2 or 3 explanation RP moments, I always go AFK there.

give me my damn maw skip

Wut? I'm 100% sure I saw the news that they do implement the skip in 9.1.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Wut? I'm 100% sure I saw the news that they do implement the skip in 9.1.
    They're putting in a skip for bulvar's torghast quests. Still no Maw intro skip

Mid June launch

Sylvanas fight Uber bugged

Morgan was wrong about the amount of sockets
    You can get up to 8 not 4-5

700 MB Patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    700 MB Patch.
    Weird i saw 1.05 GB

- - - Updated - - -

So they seem to have added more of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wu View Post
    To be honest there's possibly a whole host of reasons why SL might be unpopular with people that are entirely out of Blizzard's control now.

Maybe the fact that the expansion theme is sort of doom & gloom is off-putting to people during a pandemic when depression rates have soared? Who knows.
    Maybe the fact that the pandemic is causing them to be so behind and exacerbating the negative feedback loop of SL makes it harder to continue comfiting to the expansion due to their stay-at-home work output being lower than before the pandemic?

People can come up with so many reasons. I'm not saying all of them are Blizzard's fault. Like you say, it's the extraordinary circumstances we find ourselves in that the patch structure for this expansion is already unprecedented. What else could be?

I've personally not been enjoying the expansion for exactly the reasons you mention above; I'm not keen on playing a doom and gloom expansion when I'm dealing with doom and gloom personally from a pandemic.

Personally I hope the next expansion is a Mists of Pandaria stye curveball. After Legion, BFA, and Shadowlands, we could use a thematic break.

That reason.....is just weird. At least you can fight the "Doom and gloom"
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-05-19 at 02:28 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That reason.....is just weird. At least you can fight the "Doom and gloom"
    Not really weird when you have this kind of expansion on top of BFA and Legion, which were also a bit on the dark side. The perceived content droughts aren't helping either. It's making this expansion and its dark thematics feel like a drag.

I don't think it's by accident that MoP is remembered so fondly by the community, and I wouldn't be surprised if after this expansion, MoP takes the top spot, due to the Lich King's lore being messed with in Shadowlands. That said, Blizz should definitely consider an expansion like MoP just to break up the dark thematics of the last 4 expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Not really weird when you have this kind of expansion on top of BFA and Legion, which were also a bit on the dark side. The perceived content droughts aren't helping either. It's making this expansion and its dark thematics feel like a drag.

I don't think it's by accident that MoP is remembered so fondly by the community, and I wouldn't be surprised if after this expansion, MoP takes the top spot, due to the Lich King's lore being messed with in Shadowlands. That said, Blizz should definitely consider an expansion like MoP just to break up the dark thematics of the last 4 expansions.
    The lore of the Lich King isn't messed up, just explained more instead of left in the dark and MoP is valued not necessarily cause of its chill tone, thats your projection here. Of all things people "miss" about MoP most of it is gameplay related and not in relation to any lore being "dark." Its very much not the thing that is talked about.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2021-05-19 at 03:02 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance

Warrior-Magi

Mid June launch
    Mid June launch would be horrible and contradict everything Ion said in his Preach interview. TBC launches June 1. You cannot "finish" TBC in two weeks. And Ion doesn't want both TBC launch and 9.1 to overlap directly. But granted, the 2 week grace period of TBC pre-patch is also very short, so I don't know if Ion is deliberately trolling or has no clue about his damn game.

P.S.: Happy Pre-Patch, TBC-fellows!
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The lore of the Lich King isn't messed up, just explained more instead of left in the dark and MoP is valued not necessarily cause of its chill tone, thats your projection here. Of all things people "miss" about MoP most of it is gameplay related and not in relation to any lore being "dark." Its very much not the thing that is talked about.
    I would say it’s both the tone and the gameplay that’s fondly remembered. I would say that if you polled the community, the majority would want the next expansion to be more grounded, and based on a lore location on Azeroth itself.

That said, an expansion revolving around Yrel and the Lightbound invading Azeroth, or Dragon Isles could work just fine.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2021-05-19 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That said, Blizz should definitely consider an expansion like MoP just to break up the dark thematics of the last 4 expansions.
    So you're saying things are to bright currently? Thematically, MoP was pretty dark. Much darker than what we're currently dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Mid June launch would be horrible and contradict everything Ion said in his Preach interview. TBC launches June 1. You cannot "finish" TBC in two weeks. And Ion doesn't want both TBC launch and 9.1 to overlap directly. But granted, the 2 week grace period of TBC pre-patch is also very short, so I don't know if Ion is deliberately trolling or has no clue about his damn game.

Why do you take what Ion says as the word of God? Like you said, the guy has no idea how to run the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

the games wouldnt be launching at the same time if it launched say on the 15th most players who already place a bunch of time in classic would be hitting cap and starting the heroic grind where as 9.1 would have the first couple chapters and the new dungeon because the time gating will still hamstring players.

guess a two week wait for the raid to launch like usual which allows the grinding that the hardcore players will do and in TBC you will have the raids getting cleared by those who capped

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So you're saying things are to bright currently? Thematically, MoP was pretty dark. Much darker than what we're currently dealing with.
    outside of the depressed panda and the outright genocidal leader MoP was a bright expansion

Why do you take what Ion says as the word of God? Like you said, the guy has no idea how to run the game.
    I mean he's the lead figure when it comes to the direction of WoW, at least until Karen from Finance or Bobby have their word. So what he says should have some leverage. I think it's out of question that he turned WoW into the worst state its ever been with BfA and Shadowlands (aka Systemlands) and that he drastically has to change the course and direction of retail, but that isn't the point here. I guess his word means something, for the better or worse.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Like you said, the guy has no idea how to run the game.
    You forgot to add that devs don't play their game, fixing WoW would be easy as pie and could be done in day by competent people.