Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Undermine is also a possibility.

I highly doubt Void and Light are, unless they're tied to dragons and old gods.
    Undermine has not been hinted yet.
    Light and Void has been hinted throughout BfA, shows on the EoD logo and is part of velen's prophecy (which includes dragons in the army of the Light).

What about it? It is possibly the next expansion's logo, but it also possibly isn't. It's by far the best "leak" of this expansion cycle.
    It can't be that and Awakening.

Shaman would be up for a tank spec long before Hunters would be.
    You don't know that. You just assume it's the most plausible candidate.

I was talking about after Shadowlands. You were responding to me.
    Then, we pretty much know where we'll be going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Undermine has not been hinted yet.
    +Mechagon - Test run for an underground mechanical metropolis. (Undermine)
    +Gallywix seen in 9.2 in the Shadowlands. He has significant ties to Undermine.
    +Developer in 2010: At BlizzCon 2010, Alex Afrasiabi said that the goblin starting zone was only "a small segment of the actual whole' of Kezan", and that the goblins "did want to go back to Undermine and the other goblin land holdings, just a question of when."[30]

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Kezan

We visited "the other Goblin land holdings" in BFA. Now its time for Undermine.

Light and Void has been hinted throughout BfA, shows on the EoD logo and is part of velen's prophecy (which includes dragons in the army of the Light).
    Velen's prophesy is the end of WoW when Anduin is an old man and go fight the literal void. You really think that's happening in 10.0?

It can't be that and Awakening.
    Who knows what it is. EoD didn't have any expansion details beyond what we saw in the logo. Awakenings doesn't necessarily contradict the EoD logo beyond the title.

You don't know that. You just assume it's the most plausible candidate.
    Shaman utilize the four elements: Fire, Wind, Water, Earth.

Elemental is fire. Enhancement is Wind. Restoration is Water. Where's the Earth element?
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-03-08 at 04:21 PM.

Prediction:

The Jailor's shenanigans permanently weaken the walls between the planes allowing things to enter the prime plane. This makes way for Shadowlands allied races becoming a preorder in 9.2.5. This leads to other planar creatures and factions trying to gain a foothold on Azeroth in 10.0. We help the planet heal and repel the more reprehensible elements that try and cross over.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    I think the breadcrumbs are already there but are useless without context. Once the expansion will be revealed there will be a wave of quests, new models, items or npcs that suddenly turn out to have teased the next expansion months in advance.
    ah yeah very true!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I really hope the last cinematic will give us some elements to speculate about! It's not very long though, so I remain doubtful...
    Yeah the shortness of it makes me doubt it'll be something really big but we'll see in a little while I suppose!

Anyone expecting anything of any great import pointing to the next expansion in the cinematic is bound to be disappointed. It is shorter than the Anduin one, no less.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    My end cinematic prediction:

Big good laser hits big bad boy, end of the story

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Anyone expecting anything of any great import pointing to the next expansion in the cinematic is bound to be disappointed. It is shorter than the Anduin one, no less.
    It should give us enough to discredit some “leaks”.

7+ Year Old Account
    Part of me hopes we get a glimpse of Azeroth herself.

Formerly known as Arafal

I still feel that Rygelon will (should) do something important, such as redirecting the azerite beam using the Forge of Afterlives to "re-originate" Zovaal to his proto-form. It's just too specific to have a Constellar in the raid to have him do nothing but fall over and give loot.
    MOGS > LOGS

It's important to bear in mind that Blizzard is big on emotional "epicness" intensity in finales plus tends to extend out limited dialogue through drawn out pauses.

With a minute and a half, we're likely to see: a visual spectacle of the Jailer being drained, some kind of ponderous musing on how evil that's been conspiring for millennia is finally gone, and maybe some kind of Ewok village style celebration from the Covenant zones. Probably another empty Sylvanas or Bolvar soliloquy. That's about it.

It's possible other stuff happens in the fight, in post fight dialogue, etc. But probably not in the actual cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    I mean if we go full tinfoil here
    The new shield being a part of next expansion makes sense because we have the scarlet crusade and right now they can claim the throne of lordaeron since
    The queen is gone
    The horde leaders are mostly gone
    The true heir is gone

Interesting possibility of a prepatch
    A Lordaeron expansion seems very likely to me, and I'm definitely hyped for such.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    A Lordaeron expansion seems very likely to me, and I'm definitely hyped for such.
    What does a 'Lordaeron expansion' even mean? How do you base an entire expansion's content themes around a major city?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    I wouldn’t say it would be the expansion theme but more of a plot to go along with it

Like naga in BfA

I’m still convinced they are led by a black dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    I think the breadcrumbs are already there but are useless without context. Once the expansion will be revealed there will be a wave of quests, new models, items or npcs that suddenly turn out to have teased the next expansion months in advance.
    I'm putting my money on Lordaeron. In retrospect, it seems more likely considering that the previously-dominant Scourge plotline has now been solidly wrapped up—furthermore, we have the revamped buildings and the new shield models. It could well be a microcosm in a general world revamp, but if it were localized, Lordaeron seems like an interesting start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    What does a 'Lordaeron expansion' even mean? How do you base an entire expansion's content themes around a major city?
    I was thinking set in Lordaeron, not so much restricted to localized themes.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn’t say it would be the expansion theme but more of a plot to go along with it

Like naga in BfA

I’m still convinced they are led by a black dragon
    It could be a microcosm in a general world revamp, or possibly a patch in a Dragon Isles-based expansion.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-03-08 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    More so around everything covering it

The undead and their identity
    The scarlet crusade
    The silver hand having to pick a side
    Insurrection against the boy king who has constantly been absent
    The secret history tying together the undead and The story behind the true heir to lordaeron being Talia allowing her and Anduin to marry because of the class system and her kingdom being the tie between horde and alliance showing they can live together

Then a black dragon burns it all down

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    It should give us enough to discredit some “leaks”.
    Not even really expecting that, outside of those "leaks" that claim all sorts of things about how the Jailer is defeated.

Like, I expected something big from the Anduin cinematic and we got bupkis there. And that was longer.

At best we may get a single shot of something, like the Sword, but to those going "that hinted toward BfA" I say bull, all it showed was a big arse sword stabbed into the planet in Silithus. You could've turned that into any number of ideas. Look at the sword and try to explain to me how "We're going to Zandalar and Kul Tiras and the Old Gods are involved too!" from that.

Speaking of, the Antorus ending cinematic was almost 3 minutes long and still didn't hint at really anything.

The scarlet crusade
    The secret history tying together the undead and The story behind the true heir to lordaeron being Talia allowing her and Anduin to marry because of the class system and her kingdom being the tie between horde and alliance showing they can live together

I doubt that Taelia is going to turn out to be Calia's hidden heiress, as I figure Bolvar would've felt it worth mentioning by now. I also don't think there will be an insurrection—instead, Anduin has already been quietly replaced. Even if he returns to the throne, it may be as a figurehead.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Eastern Kingdoms is actually two continents, Lordaeron and 'Azeroth' as it used to be called. A Lordaeron Expansion implies an expansion taking place arathi+north.
    I do wonder if the revamped Stromgarde will play a role—I'm somewhat doubting it, of course, since it is of insufficient size for a real expansion zone, but they do already have the assets. I also am unsure whether or not Blizzard would be that lazy with their content to reuse it.

The scarlet crusade

I get that, and that's sort of my point.

Most of what you said is either fairly concluded or can be concluded through a literal questline. Like, I wouldn't call Legion the 'Broken Shore expansion' or the 'Suramar expansion', since that covers so little of what Legion is actually about.

You could literally throw that plotline into any other broader expansion theme and still carry it on, similar to how any and all Gnomeregan or Darnassus lore progressed in tandem with the rest of the expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Eastern Kingdoms is actually two continents, Lordaeron and 'Azeroth' as it used to be called. A Lordaeron Expansion implies an expansion taking place arathi+north.
    Yeah but still is there enough to warrant an expansion on? What would actually be new to explore here?

Well, Lordaeron is near the Dragon Isles...

I'll bet
    - Restored Lordaeron
    - Revamped Silvermoon City and Plaguelands
    - Dragon Isles
    Last edited by Gloriandus; 2022-03-08 at 05:17 PM.
    MOGS > LOGS