10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Man I hope that is an indication that the devs get how important it is for them to focus on Azeroth again and pull back from the universe destroying cosmic threats for a while.
    I'm pretty sure we are.

Dragon Isles or Undermine would be my guess. Maybe both of them at the same time.

1+ Year Old Account
    Broken record.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Thrall sums up my feelings about this expansion;

No old friend, you certainly are not.
    I have to admit a soft spot for the philosophical side of things this expansion has introduced, but the environments are somewhat difficult to invest myself in. I would love to see Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas again.

Honestly there's lots of things I did enjoy this expansion

-Bwonsamdi is a chad 110% of the time
    -Denathrius is the best villain we got in it, and he actually feels like an organic extension of the Nathrezim.
    -Brokers are awesome and I hope we see more of them
    -First Ones aesthetic is fucking rad, and I honestly like a lot of their concepts. Kind of want to design a First Ones-themed class now...

Still, very much hoping April 19th has something we can actually sink our teeth into. Ready to go home for a while.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Honestly there's lots of things I did enjoy this expansion

-Bwonsamdi is a chad 110% of the time
    -Denathrius is the best villain we got in it, and he actually feels like an organic extension of the Nathrezim.
    -Brokers are awesome and I hope we see more of them
    -First Ones aesthetic is fucking rad, and I honestly like a lot of their concepts. Kind of want to design a First Ones-themed class now...

Still, very much hoping April 19th has something we can actually sink our teeth into. Ready to go home for a while.
    It sucks when the Jailer's own death made Denathrius seem like a cooler villain then him. That "imagine what we could have accomplished together" could have screamed The Real Mastermind.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Eh, couldn't be worse than the Sanctum of Domination cinematic. Definitely a better end cinematic than BfA and WoD. Not that it makes it any better, of course.

Would be really great if the threat he's talking about just turns out to be the other cosmic forces. His whole thing is practically the same as Sargeras, but through domination rather than destruction. Same for the Titans trying to order everything, as well as the Light and Void with their usual stuff. Not sure about Life, but maybe the players' perspective has been through Life all along idk. Basically it starts with someone being threatened by the other forces, leading them to do their thing(Burning Crusade, Domination, Ordering, etc.) and the other forces reacting to it in a similarly extreme way, leading to the cycle that we're in. That would make it so that instead of Zovaal being behind everything, it's actually all of these gods unwittingly playing each other with us being caught in the middle of it.

All of which reminds me of a whisper from Everliving Statuette that says: Hope. Betrayal. Sacrifice. Faces change. The tale does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Requitus View Post
    I thought the enemy pulling the strings was already known.

Danuser, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I thought the enemy pulling the strings was already known.
    Danuser, no?

this probably tracks better now that we're in the post-raid-cinematic era.
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It sucks when the Jailer's own death made Denathrius seem like a cooler villain then him. That "imagine what we could have accomplished together" could have screamed The Real Mastermind.
    Denathrius literally being the best character in Zovaal's own cinematic without even trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Sorry edited my last post. Anyway that applies to this as well.

The charm is kinda gone, just like the black empire for example.. we have been there and going there a second time is just not as exciting.

Like I said I could see the dream play a pivitol role with the green dragons with the whole dragon isle thing, but going there again, but with new zones out of the blue just wouldn't interest me much. Sure anything is possible, but for me the emerald dream as we know it and how we all speculated for years. All the things linked to it, were solved or fixed for the most part. The thing is.. it could have the most bizarre ideas and awesome zone disign and really cool new characters, but the problem is it would still all feel like they were made up yesterday. It was something I had and many others as critique for Sl. Even some familiar faces didn't really help.

Do I see us entering again? sure! A full blown expansion entirely on the emerald dream, when the story there is kinda over, we have been there before and would need something completely new(your concept as example) idk man, not entirely sure on that one.
    Haven't you notices that they are repeating expansions lately? Draenor was extremely similar to Outland. We had a Burning Legion expansion in TBC. Faction war was done in MoP. Old Gods as well. Death was dealt with in Wrath. So, the Emerald Dream is the unnecessary one? Give me a break....

As for originality, there are a lot of inspirations already in lore that do not, necessarily, require new stuff to be made up. So, it would still be kept familiar:
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Eme...am#Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That doesn't really answer the question. Will those still work with the veil re-closed? Though i imagine the Nekrolords and Kyrians could get us out of the Shadowlands, but will they bring us to the right point in space-time?
    Remember the Mag'har?
    We recruited them from the alternate reality after the Dark Portal was destroyed and closed.

The voice actor was hired to keep going after the initial launch just because of his awesome voice.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    The voice actor was hired to keep going after the initial launch just because of his awesome voice.
    I, personally, can't wait to see a proper Cosmic War feature him front and center leading his own agenda instead of being shackled to the Bald Man. He is a much more fun and interesting representative of Death than Zovaal, and I'd rather see him leading it.

- - - Updated - - -

More personality for a main villain would be excellent—thus far, the most personality we've gotten out of an actual main antagonist is Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    More personality for a main villain would be excellent—thus far, the most personality we've gotten out of an actual main antagonist is Garrosh.
    Does Gul'dan count for WoD? That's about it, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if this conflict will get resolved or amplified next expansion. The last message about it happened in 8.2. I'm interested in what Blizzard is cooking up with that, since it's been running since WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are about to 100% get an increase to on Void leaks now that the tease kinda sounds like Void Lords. Crazy how that works

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonborn View Post
    Eh, couldn't be worse than the Sanctum of Domination cinematic. Definitely a better end cinematic than BfA and WoD. Not that it makes it any better, of course.

Would be really great if the threat he's talking about just turns out to be the other cosmic forces. His whole thing is practically the same as Sargeras, but through domination rather than destruction. Same for the Titans trying to order everything, as well as the Light and Void with their usual stuff. Not sure about Life, but maybe the players' perspective has been through Life all along idk. Basically it starts with someone being threatened by the other forces, leading them to do their thing(Burning Crusade, Domination, Ordering, etc.) and the other forces reacting to it in a similarly extreme way, leading to the cycle that we're in. That would make it so that instead of Zovaal being behind everything, it's actually all of these gods unwittingly playing each other with us being caught in the middle of it.

All of which reminds me of a whisper from Everliving Statuette that says: Hope. Betrayal. Sacrifice. Faces change. The tale does not.
    Yes, I think at this point they could better go with some alien super evil race popping out of a portal and claiming the planet to farm resources. Or a devourer invasion. Or even the drusk
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Yes, I think at this point they could better go with some alien super evil race popping out of a portal and claiming the planet to farm resources. Or a devourer invasion. Or even the drusk
    I need more Drust in general. One of my favorite concepts they've introduced, and I'm sad to hear we might've been robbed of a Drust raid. Definitely room to grow there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    My guess would be that they wanted to do the whole Shadowlands thing, but didn't just want to set it on Azeroth or generally have lower stakes. They wanted full-on cosmic warfare on the scale of Argus. And since making a brand new villain from scratch is almost impossible if you want it to be important they just went for the "puppet master" archetype.
    I don’t know. I really think this is not how Shadowlands was supposed to be. Everything in 9.0 makes somehow sense, even if it’s just little (in the case of the Jailer), but after that it went downhill and the story became subsequently worse with each patch.

I refuse to believe that Blizzard‘s writing team is this bad, because the entire story was just terrible. Something messed up (not really talking about COVID or the scandal) their expansion plans and they had to reduce everything to 0 to just wrap it up and get it done. If this was planned all along, time to say goodbye I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feitori View Post
    Damn, I hope you're wrong.

"No Blizzard! You're not having another mysterious threat to the universe itself! You haven't even finished your first yet!"
    If there are Void Lords, there must be Void Overlords, too. Looking forward to them!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    At this rate, it seems that:
    - Sargeras is in prison.
    - Azshara is missing in action.
    - Nzoth and the other old god are destroyed?
    - I guess that Zovaal can be turned on again hahah

I think we are going to ally with all the villains in the future to face the true enemy.
    Which would basically render all previous expansions useless. Thanks but no, Shadowlands did enough damage to the lore.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    We are about to 100% get an increase to on Void leaks now that the tease kinda sounds like Void Lords. Crazy how that works
    Void Lords attack from the Dragon Isles!
    Even fits the pre-vanilla concept art with the Old God temple!

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    I'm 100% convinced that the bigger threat Zovaal was talking about is The Crooked Serpent/whatever gave birth to the Devourers and pale orcs on Draenor (a 7th force beyond Void and co). Bellular recently uploaded a speculation video about that and when I watched the cinematic I was like "omg so spot on".

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm pretty sure we are.

Dragon Isles or Undermine would be my guess. Maybe both of them at the same time.
    Its everyones guess and you wont get tinker.