Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    The big issue still is that counting such big numbers does in fact takes a bigger toll on server hardware than smaller ones; It is different is a server needs to calculate from 34567890 hp when you deal 1234 damage or from 23832008239189432973 hp when you deal 3493292343 damage. Also as you see at this point, numbers get simply too ridiculous; just think what this look like in a combat text. Yes, Squish was necessary after MoP; but blizzard does it in fact far too often now. That's because numbers inflates far too fast in this game right now.
    Not to a degree that really matters. What they need is a better number formatting, not a squish.

"Numbers get to ridiculous" is an excuse to not properly comprehend what they represent, not an actual problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    But Sylvanas wasn't just evil? She thought she did everything for the greater good. Maybe you should replay Shadowlands again.
    This is basically the explanation every mass murderer and dictator in the past and present uses to justify their actions, lol. So no, it's neither a valid reason nor makes her actions less evil.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    But Sylvanas wasn't just evil? She thought she did everything for the greater good. Maybe you should replay Shadowlands again.
    "I'm so good, i serve the chain guy that wants to dominate the universe! So i went ahead and started a world war, committed genocide, and helped an Old God that was like 5 seconds away from corrupting the very being that was needed by the chain guy to enact his plan in the first place.

Thousands of people are dead because of me, and all of them got sent to the cosmic torture chamber just to further my own goals!

But all is good, afte all i got sad that one time!
    I just wanted FREE WILL! (... by forcing everyone to obey me)."

Formerly known as Arafal

dude even shadowlands destroys this
    lets ignore the original motivation we were sold for the genocide

she gets rid of the lich king who held the scourge in check
    she teams up with a dude who says "im going to dominate the universe and take your world" but oh wait thats ok because "existence is broken and we dont have free will"
    she does the same thing Arthas did to her but used the justification of "its too late"
    she straight up tortures people
    but it was for the greater good....was it??
    she was all for the jailer and his plan until he triggered her with saying the word "serve" just like her trigger of "hope"
    the guy wasnt deceptive or manipulative
    the guy was straight up with everything and she was ready to sacrifice everyone who followed her but oh yeah greater good over here

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    "I'm so good, i serve the chain guy that wants to dominate the universe! So i went ahead and started a world war, committed genocide, and helped an Old God that was like 5 seconds away from corrupting the very being that was needed by the chain guy to enact his plan in the first place.

Thousands of people are dead because of me, and all of them got sent to the cosmic torture chamber just to further my own goals!

But all is good, afte all i got sad that one time!
    I just wanted FREE WILL! (... by forcing everyone to obey me)."
    but she was manipulated by the jailer because how was she supposed to know the guy taht was telling her he would enslave the universe was going to actually do it

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Not to a degree that really matters. What they need is a better number formatting, not a squish.

"Numbers get to ridiculous" is an excuse to not properly comprehend what they represent, not an actual problem.
    Maybe if they weren't so intent on completely invalidating all content that precedes the current patch, they wouldn't have to deal with exponential power growth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    dude even shadowlands destroys this
    lets ignore the original motivation we were sold for the genocide

she gets rid of the lich king who held the scourge in check
    she teams up with a dude who says "im going to dominate the universe and take your world" but oh wait thats ok because "existence is broken and we dont have free will"
    she does the same thing Arthas did to her but used the justification of "its too late"
    she straight up tortures people
    but it was for the greater good....was it??
    she was all for the jailer and his plan until he triggered her with saying the word "serve" just like her trigger of "hope"
    the guy wasnt deceptive or manipulative
    the guy was straight up with everything and she was ready to sacrifice everyone who followed her but oh yeah greater good over here

- - - Updated - - -

but she was manipulated by the jailer because how was she supposed to know the guy taht was telling her he would enslave the universe was going to actually do it
    But he never told her he wanted to enslave the universe 'till he got his powers back at the end of the Sanctum of Domination. T&E did a good video that summs it up quite well.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

But he never told her he wanted to enslave the universe 'till he got his powers back at the end of the Sanctum of Domination. T&E did a good video that summs it up quite well.

youre right
    i forgot he didnt actually say it and all of his actions could have been interpreted as not that...you know the only way to get free will is to take it away and obviously the jailer who made Anduin Arthas 2.0 via Sylvanas was totally the good guy

also i will never watch a video from that soppy bollocks especially when all i need to do is look at the titles to know that its algorithm bait

Basically the only way you can interpret Sylvanas at this point is ridiculously incompetently stupid heroic, or over the top evil and just plain boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Basically the only way you can interpret Sylvanas at this point is ridiculously incompetently stupid heroic, or over the top evil and just plain boring.
    but dude
    listen he told her he could help her not die right
    and she just had to work with all the baddies that we have seen recently like helya who was totally a good guy in legion
    we cant blame her for helping the jailer out because she was sad and people kept triggering her so she had to
    start a war
    free an old god
    let thousands die
    kill her own people
    abandon her own people
    enslave Anduin
    because she truly believed that this dude who tortured souls for a living was just the most upstanding guy

"Whaaa???? The evil-looking bald dude with BDSM chains and an evil-sounding voice wants to dominate the Universe??? No way dude, how could I have known!"

- Sylvanas, probably

Though as the Horde goes, that's par for the course. The only thing the Horde can do is regularly get manipulated by an evil power because they're too dumb and stupid to realize that the evil power doesn't actually care about them. And as usual it falls to the Alliance to fix their mistakes (Anduin giving Sylvanas the therapy session she desperately needed, for example). I just described to you the lore of Warcraft since WC1

1+ Year Old Account

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    To be fair, South America already seems like it wouldn't constitute much of the playerbase. Nevertheless, though, I'm certain that any methods they use anywhere will increase the population by a fairly equal margin worldwide.
    Sad player from SA here , but i agree that any new method that get wow sub to be included in any type of "pass" or "prime" would increase population worldwide, not just here in SA

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Why would someone not want to turn into a bronze dragon?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    but dude
    listen he told her he could help her not die right
    and she just had to work with all the baddies that we have seen recently like helya who was totally a good guy in legion
    we cant blame her for helping the jailer out because she was sad and people kept triggering her so she had to
    start a war
    free an old god
    let thousands die
    kill her own people
    abandon her own people
    enslave Anduin
    because she truly believed that this dude who tortured souls for a living was just the most upstanding guy
    Why shouldn't Sylvanas have trusted the guy who (basically) made Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination... just looking at the Jailer you know he's a nice and dependable guy. Honestly I was shocked by the "serve" line in the cinematic, I really thought he was a good guy... then I was proven right in the end cinematic, he was really a good guy...

PS: just in case, I'm being sarcastic
    Last edited by NikolaiShade; 2022-03-21 at 01:06 PM.

My question with the whole Sylvanas / Jailer meeting is how did he circumvent the Arbiter in the first place?

Or was it just an illusion because he had part of her soul?

Or was she really destined for the Maw because the Arbiter knew what she would do. In which case, why didn't the Arbiter try to warn anyone what Zovaal was doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    My question with the whole Sylvanas / Jailer meeting is how did he circumvent the Arbiter in the first place?

Or was she really destined for the Maw because the Arbiter knew what she would do. In which case, why didn't the Arbiter try to warn anyone what Zovaal was doing?
    What they should have done is made it so that everyone made undead by the jailor's power (ie, the scourge) instantly went to the Maw because they were considered a minion of zovaal and thus a threat to the Shadowlands (which is what the maw is supposed to contain).

This would explain why everyone whose seen the shadowlands before the expansion saw the maw pretty much. This would also give the Forsaken extra impotus to not want to just pass away now that they have their revenge.

The only problem is this robs us of the 'uther tossing arthas into the maw' storyline.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

I don't think the Arbiter sees what souls will do in the future once they reach their destination. So it could be that she was destined for the Maw.

It also could be as you said that he could connect with part of her soul since he had it in a domination piece.
    Tbh this isn't really a plot problem since there are many ways it could happen. And we also don't really know how talkative the Arbiter replacement was or did it just have the task to filter souls and sometimes say something prerecorded about the Purpose.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I don't think the Arbiter sees what souls will do in the future once they reach their destination. So it could be that she was destined for the Maw.

It also could be as you said that he could connect with part of her soul since he had it in a domination piece.
    Tbh this isn't really a plot problem since there are many ways it could happen. And we also don't really know how talkative the Arbiter replacement was or did it just have the task to filter souls and sometimes say something prerecorded about the Purpose.
    Even if she wasn't destined for the Maw, she'd probably at least get sent to Revendreth. Remember who was in charge there at the time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas went to the Maw thanks to the Jailer having her Soulshard in his posession.

Her being "destined for the Maw" is laughable when Rev has souls in it that make Sylvanas look like a saint.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2022-03-21 at 02:41 PM. Reason: typo

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I dont get it...