Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    How is recycling content for an expansion you should have made anyways wasting money?
    This isnt a case of making loads of new zones for no reason, it is recycling and reusing old beloeved zones to tell stories that have been set up and is awaiting a continuation.
    Because it is actually more effort than making new zones when the old one isn't up to code anymore. That was a huge problem with Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because it is actually more effort than making new zones when the old one isn't up to code anymore. That was a huge problem with Cataclysm.
    I somehow doubt that. I feel that Blizzard spent more time and effort making just one BfA zone than they did making the Warfront version of Darkshore.

Even the warfront version of Arathi didnt immediately strike me as massively complicated compared to a new zone. It was mostly swapping updating textures and swapping old assets with new ones like trees and the WoD Garrison buildings. Even the new cave added was simply one taken directly from WoD.

A zone revamp can be as difficult as Blizzard wants. They could make it extremely detailed and treat each zone as if they are trying to make a new Revendreth, or they can update what is already there with a few new things added. We already have pretty much every NPC model you would need for an Azeroth revamp, and the only buildings we really lack are Dwarf and Forsaken ones. From WoD through BfA we have Human, Draenei, Nelf, Gnome, Orc, Troll, Tauren, Belf and some Goblin stuff.

Even considering Covid a world revamp is basically the ideal expansion to make. You have loads of lower effort zones that any WoW designer with access to the editor can take a crack at. Take Duskwood, add the graveyard elements from BfA, the buildings from WoD, swap the grass texture for a higher res one and you more or less have a new zone right there, then all you need is some quests added, which doesnt need to be many even with the assumption you want to use them for levelling and endgame.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I somehow doubt that. I feel that Blizzard spent more time and effort making just one BfA zone than they did making the Warfront version of Darkshore.
    Well, i'm going with what Blizzard told us above what you feel. A revamp necessitates that they can't go to far with their changes, and everything still needs to fit.

That Arathi was so easy to do was likely one of the reasons they picked it. There aren't really that many zones that are just wide-open plains, though.

And i disagree that it is the ideal expansion. It's the expansion you want, not the one that is best suited to their goals.

You also forgot all the trees in Duskwood, the changes in how they design zones, their new design tools that they simply didn't have back then... It's not as simple as you make it out. It's not just swapping some model and texture files. If you're unlucky, you may well end up having to go through and re-adjust every single model manually and repaint the entire terrain.

Look at that folks
    New affix up for testing

Next week is the two week warning

PTR Patch, affix is testable.

No Music? Darn

Well, i'm going with what Blizzard told us above what you feel. A revamp necessitates that they can't go to far with their changes, and everything still needs to fit.

That Arathi was so easy to do was likely one of the reasons they picked it. There aren't really that many zones that are just wide-open plains, though.

And i disagree that it is the ideal expansion. It's the expansion you want, not the one that is best suited to their goals.

You also forgot all the trees in Duskwood, the changes in how they design zones, their new design tools that they simply didn't have back then... It's not as simple as you make it out. It's not just swapping some model and texture files. If you're unlucky, you may well end up having to go through and re-adjust every single model manually and repaint the entire terrain.
    I think them not using the zidormii feature is just wasting beautiful zones

Any raid testing? Any music?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Any raid testing? Any music?
    I think there’s only one lfr wing left to test and the lfr Sylvanas fight
    Final campaign chapter
    That should be it

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I think there’s only one lfr wing left to test and the lfr Sylvanas fight
    Final campaign chapter
    That should be it
    Should be next week then, yeah?

Should be next week then, yeah?
    yeah if its not up for testing this week it should be next

i could also be wrong and the third wing could have been tested already

either way two week notice next week
    Last edited by Revamp Man; 2021-06-03 at 02:58 AM.

Don’t forget the Music

- - - Updated - - -

I love this. Amazing art. Also confirms some stuff:

The Titans can change their size.

And Sargeras never solo’d the Titans. He and his Legion teamed and overwhelmed them. Makes Sargeras fightable ngl, and it also kinda makes the Eternal Ones appear less weak.
    ehhh, no, doesnt really change anything.
    it was always said in chronicles that the legion was part of that fight.
    but even in this video, the fel storm that eventually destroyed them is mentioned, chronicles just goes further into detail that sargeras alone summoned said fel storm himself.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    People playing PTR, correct me if I'm wrong.

So 9.1 campaign will be weekly and connected to Renown like 9.0 one.
    Raid likely will release on or around week 3.

So.. does later campaign chapters acknowledge events of raid or ignore them?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

Given that you deal with some of the raid's bosses during the campaign...

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Given that you deal with some of the raid's bosses during the campaign...
    You know what is last chapter that definitely happen before raid?

5+ Year Old Account

Also, what's with people like Bellular doomsaying WoW for Final Fantasy? Is it wrong to enjoy both?
    Cause he compared the two in many aspects including dev communication and how organized they look and found Blizzard wanting. You can enjoy both games. In fact there are aspects that Bellular prefers in WoW. But there is no reason to ingore Blizzard's shortcomings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

There are 6 distinct covenant chapters gated behind renown. The 6th and last one is not available, but the questline is called "What lies ahead", so presumably that happenss after the raid, whereas the one before for the Kyrian "A New Path" has us go into a wing of Torghast, so it is difficult ot say until we know how the raid actually ends, and even then Torghast could be hostile simply because it is so large nad likely impossible to control even if the Jailer leaves.

As for the actual time spent it all depends on whether the first week gives us the first covenant campaign questline, which would require giving the player 4 renown in a single week, not impossible, but also unlikely. In the worst case scenario we are looking at 5-6 weeks before the raid opens if it lines up with the questline, though given how vague the timeline is on the quests compared to the raid and assuming a large amount of renown the first week we could be looking at as little as 2 weeks, though likely 3.

In short there is no foolproof way of saying when the raid will open based on renown questlines, but my guess would be 3 weeks.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

3+ Year Old Account
    I'd be surprised if they didn't announce it this year. I can't see them going until 9.3 (what else can they do after Sylvanas? There's no major plane/enemy to defeat in the Shadowlands other than the Jailer).

I wouldn't mind Shadowlands just being 2 patches. It's not my favorite expansion in the world (still not bad imo), and 2 patches can have a lot of content. 9.1 definitely looks like a x.2 patch tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Cause he compared the two in many aspects including dev communication and how organized they look and found Blizzard wanting. You can enjoy both games. In fact there are aspects that Bellular prefers in WoW. But there is no reason to ingore Blizzard's shortcomings.
    I'm not saying he should ignore it. But every fucking video he makes is on Blizzard being dumb. It's tiring.

- - - Updated - - -

There are 6 distinct covenant chapters gated behind renown. The 6th and last one is not available, but the questline is called "What lies ahead", so presumably that happenss after the raid, whereas the one before for the Kyrian "A New Path" has us go into a wing of Torghast, so it is difficult ot say until we know how the raid actually ends, and even then Torghast could be hostile simply because it is so large nad likely impossible to control even if the Jailer leaves.

As for the actual time spent it all depends on whether the first week gives us the first covenant campaign questline, which would require giving the player 4 renown in a single week, not impossible, but also unlikely. In the worst case scenario we are looking at 5-6 weeks before the raid opens if it lines up with the questline, though given how vague the timeline is on the quests compared to the raid and assuming a large amount of renown the first week we could be looking at as little as 2 weeks, though likely 3.

In short there is no foolproof way of saying when the raid will open based on renown questlines, but my guess would be 3 weeks.
    What Lies Ahead is imo prolly going to be both before the raid and after it. Before it in that the Covenants unite their sigils, and after it in that they gotta figure out wtf to do now regarding the Jailer, since he's likely free from his prison.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by genegerbread View Post
    9.1 definitely looks like a x.2 patch tbh.
    Considering how much we need to wait for it it better fucking be.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying he should ignore it. But every fucking video he makes is on Blizzard being dumb. It's tiring.
    Yeah their dumbness is tirng. That is why so many of us left. There is no participation award in capitalism. Don't want to be treated like a donkey? Do something better than the competition.