10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    according to the community and not according to blizzard yes

or did i miss something from blizzard saying "hey guys dragon isles are coming"

the forums say dragons so old dragon mount and pet are hints toward new expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

we had a cat pack released as well
    the latest store mount is a cat that mentions the sun
    we have a whisper talking about the sun
    we have elves getting a focus in 9.2.5

dont get me wrong i want it to be dragons and the EoA leak seems likely BUT im not going to just say "oh yeah this is a thing so it means dragons" like taking a dragon from last expansion and calling it a hint
    I think the sun and Elune, and dragon isles can be related. Elune is partly why the aspects exist. Dunno if this’ll tie in the Sunwell and Anshe, but Elune is a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    You guys realize that new quests in the Ghostlands completely DESTROYS an EK revamp right? They wouldn't add new quests to these zones if they were just going to replace them a patch later.
    You mean these quests only meant for max level Blood Elves, in an era where we no longer completely erase stuff when we revamp it, unlike Cata...?

You guys realize that new quests in the Ghostlands completely DESTROYS an EK revamp right? They wouldn't add new quests to these zones if they were just going to replace them a patch later.
    I've pointed this out with regards to a "Lordaeron" expansion. It makes basically zero sense for them to do minor updates Tirisfal in 9.2.5 (which we won't see until long after 10.0 is announced) if there's a full revamp about to be announced in a month. The hypothetical release order is illogical, since players would see the 10.0 version first, know the zone was going to be updated in a little while and not be worried about the zone being updated to reflect that some time has passed since the siege because the patch version would just be replaced.

It also muddles the entire narrative timeline, since it establishes that in 9.2.5 (i.e. after we're done in the Shadowlands and come back home)--Tirisfal looks the way it does in the patch, some minor healing and changes, and hasn't undergone any huge changes--so then it wouldn't make much sense for, a few months later, the zone to look completely different with a bunch of rebuilt things and areas that seemingly popped up instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I think the sun and Elune, and dragon isles can be related. Elune is partly why the aspects exist. Dunno if this’ll tie in the Sunwell and Anshe, but Elune is a guarantee.
    i think we will be seeing more of the pantheon of life

personally im ready to fight Life and see "oh hey these guys arent as cool as we thought and they are trying to break the balance like the jailer" i mean what had Elune's attention so much that she just ignored the night elves??

could this happen in a dragon expansion?? definitely but screw the "ITS GUARANTEED BECAUSE THE MOUNTS AND PETS AND HINTS WITH NO BACK UP!!!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I've pointed this out with regards to a "Lordaeron" expansion. It makes basically zero sense for them to do minor updates Tirisfal in 9.2.5 (which we won't see until long after 10.0 is announced) if there's a full revamp about to be announced in a month. The hypothetical release order is illogical, since players would see the 10.0 version first, know the zone was going to be updated in a little while and not be worried about the zone being updated to reflect that some time has passed since the siege because the patch version would just be replaced.

It also muddles the entire narrative timeline, since it establishes that in 9.2.5 (i.e. after we're done in the Shadowlands and come back home)--Tirisfal looks the way it does in the patch, some minor healing and changes, and hasn't undergone any huge changes--so then it wouldn't make much sense for, a few months later, the zone to look completely different with a bunch of rebuilt things and areas that seemingly popped up instantly.
    zidormii phasing

Because they would never have a questline that only exists in one patch then gets removed from the game, right? (Actually they do this all the time.)

Also, they wouldn't have to remove it AND do a world revamp if they don't change the geography. If they just update the assets & add new quests, unlike cataclysm where they massively changed the map, they could pick & choose which quests to remove & which to keep.

But most likely, they can keep the original versions of the zones and create revamped versions of the zones that exist and keep the old versions through timewalking. They already do this, for example, the original tirisfal glades & the version that was destroyed by the alliance before the battle for Lordaeron. Even a THIRD completely unique version of this zone exists in the PTR right now.

So no. The new Ghostlands quests don't rule out any revamps.

personally im ready to fight Life and see "oh hey these guys arent as cool as we thought and they are trying to break the balance like the jailer" i mean what had Elune's attention so much that she just ignored the night elves??
    You mean at teldrassil? They explained it with elune intentionally letting the elves die to answer the call for help from her sister. She wasn't busy with something like we thought initially.

zidormii phasing
    Right, but there's not really any reason to update a map for a secondary toggleable phase which only exists for a few epilogue quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    You're not in a position to condescend to anyone. You treat everything as a "hint of content to come" when most of the time these "hints" end up being foreshadowing of nothing.

Remember when everyone thought the Maw Sylvanas was talking about at the end of bfa was Yogg Sauron? Or when they thought the void elf strings were foreshadowing the factions were being replaced with a light/void faction system?
    All the "hints of content to come" only work in hindsight anyway.

Same with store mounts. We have like atleast 3-4 store mounts without relation to any patch/content. But as soon as they show up in an expansion, everyones gonna be like "LOOK, THEY FORESHADOWED THE EXPANSION!" when they didn't.

There's like a Million plot hooks from Legion, BfA and Shadowlands that didn't get explored yet, and there's a Million plot hooks from older expansions that never got explored at all. But there's so many, it's hardly a "hint of content to come". In hindsight, it will be but there's most teases never turn into anything.

Right, but there's not really any reason to update a map for a secondary toggleable phase which only exists for a few epilogue quests.
    If they revamped The Eastern Kingdoms and kept the current one with the 9.2.5 questline, that's exactly two (2) different instances. The new questline exists in the current (TBC) version of the zone. It's phased, but so are tons of quests. It's not that unusual.

Why the ptr currently has 3 completely different versions of Tirisfal Glades is more invasive, and yet they did it. That's even stranger.

For clarity: When assets change in an instance during a quest, or based on what quests you've completed, that's phased. But the 3 versions of Tirisfal glades are totally different zones. In a lot of instances, zidormii will take you to a different phase but for Tirisfal on retail, she takes you into a totally different instance of the zone.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-03-27 at 06:55 AM.

what i mean is the next expansion would use that phasing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    You mean at teldrassil? They explained it with elune intentionally letting the elves die to answer the call for help from her sister. She wasn't busy with something like we thought initially.
    yeah but she didnt pay attention to the results

i think of it like when you tell someone to do something and they just push it off to someone else thinking it will get done and not check on the status of it

i cant see them completely redoing both OG continent zones at once

i can see them doing a few zones and then a couple each patch with zidormii and having the new area be it undermine or dragon isles set as the max level area
    TBH I think I'd like them doing one continent or half a continent per extension/patch so they can really focus on the zones they're revamping. The only issue I have with that is continuity of the story: I don't want northern EK to be stuck in the past, while northern Kalimdor is 5 years later, southern EK 7 years after that, etc. I just want EK and Kalimdor to be continuous again so that we may level up our characters like we used to, in a HD setting

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone remember when Legion was about to be announced and everyone was convinced that it was going to be a Naga expansion? That's the main reason why I'm kind of hesitant to go all-in on 10.0 being dragons, even though it does seem like the most likely option to me personally. Even when all the clues point towards one thing, Blizzard could still end up throwing us a complete curveball.

And Legion ended up being actually amazing, but I remember a lot of people groaning when they saw the announcement trailer as almost everyone was sick of anything related to fel or demons at that point. I myself remember feeling disappointed by the theme (hence why I didn't resub until 7.1.5).
    Last edited by ercarp; 2022-03-27 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Anyone remember when Legion was about to be announced and everyone was convinced that it was going to be a Naga expansion? That's the main reason why I'm kind of hesitant to go all-in on 10.0 being dragons, even though it does seem like the most likely option to me personally. Even when all the clues point towards one thing, Blizzard could still end up throwing us a complete curveball.

And Legion ended up being actually amazing, but I remember a lot of people groaning when they saw the announcement trailer as almost everyone was sick of anything related to fel or demons at that point. I myself remember feeling disappointed by the theme (hence why I didn't resub until 7.1.5).
    I mean, the only thing hinting at the next expansion at that point was Gul'dan surviving.

Other than that, there wasn't really anything. There was the Suramar cloak, but how many people actually picked up on that back then is questionable.

But even with that, Suramar = Naga, and back then, a South Sea Expansion was probably the most speculated setting.

Meanwhile, this time we actually have several hints at dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Nope. They don't (hint at future content).

From June 6, 2016. BFA was announced on November 3, 2017.

Thread where it's discussed;
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...as_isles_hint/

One of many examples.

- - - Updated - - -

according to the community and not according to blizzard yes

or did i miss something from blizzard saying "hey guys dragon isles are coming"
    Blizzard wouldn't outright say the next expansion is dragons, they would drop subtle hints towards it. Like the example of the Zandalari and Kul Tiran captives above. That picture was taken during Legion, LONG before BFA was announced.

the forums say dragons so old dragon mount and pet are hints toward new expansion?
    No, the clues dropped from Blizzard points towards a dragon expansion. The Dragon Mount and Pet are just one of many clues.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...as_isles_hint/

From June 6, 2016. BFA was announced on November 3, 2017.

One of many examples.
    That's only a hint to BfA in hindsight though, which is something you don't seem to grasp.

There were Kul Tiran settlements in Classic (Tiragarde Keep, Theramore etc.). Was that a hint at BfA?

Baradin Hold in Cataclysm was part of Kul Tiras. The Baradin Warden NPCs literally come from Kul Tiras and even say that. Was that a hint at BfA?

And don't even get me started how Zandalari NPCs being somewhere is in no way a hint at a Zandalar expansion lmao. Was Throne of Thunder a hint at BfA? Was Zulgurub a hint at BfA?

Yes, in hindsight, we know that it was a reference, but the point you are trying to make is entirely irrelevant, because at this point in time, we don't know what is a reference/easter egg and what is a hint.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2022-03-27 at 08:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    That's only a hint to BfA in hindsight though, which is something you don't seem to grasp.
    Read the thread I linked to. The poster correctly predicted/speculated that the next expansion was going to involve Kul'tirans and Zandalari from that picture over a year before BFA was announced.

Yes, in hindsight, we know that it was a reference, but the point you are trying to make is entirely irrelevant, because at this point in time, we don't know what is a reference/easter egg and what is a hint.
    Uh, the point I'm making is that Blizzard leaves hints of future content in their games. The fact that we miss the clues or don't know for sure it's a clue at the time doesn't mean that they aren't doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    You're not in a position to condescend to anyone. You treat everything as a "hint of content to come" when most of the time these "hints" end up being foreshadowing of nothing.
    Yeah, false on both counts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So you think a tinker is more likely than a Dragon Knight or whatever in a Dragon expansion? I could see either admitedly, but i think more people would be excited over a dragon class.
    This is a forbidden topic now, but I go in depth over why I think that is earlier in this thread. If you wish to discuss this further, feel free to PM me.

Read the thread I linked to. The poster correctly predicted that the next expansion was going to involve Kul'tirans and Zandalari from that picture over a year before BFA was announced.
    Yes, and a Million people incorrectly predicted that the next expansion after Legion would be the return of Yogg because of the Legion pre-expansion quest.
    People incorrectly predicted that the expansion after Legion would be about the return of C'thun based on the Silithus quests
    People incorrectly predicted that the expansion after BfA would be an Old God-themed one because of all the unique Black Empire assets they've created for one content patch.
    People incorrectly predicted Shadowlands to actually be about Dragon Isles.

Yes, he was right in hindsight. At that point in time, two random NPCs showing up absolutely doesn't indicate an expansion in any way, especially because even back then, the Broken Isles did sit between Zandalar and Kul Tiras.

The point you are trying to make is completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter if you think NPC X or Object Y is a hint towards the next expansion, because we don't know whether it's not just a hint or an easter egg until it actually gets revealed.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2022-03-27 at 09:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and a Million people incorrectly predicted that the next expansion after Legion would be the return of Yogg because of the Legion pre-expansion quest.
    People incorrectly predicted that the expansion after Legion would be about the return of C'thun based on the Silithus quests
    People incorrectly predicted that the expansion after BfA would be an Old God-themed one because of all the unique Black Empire assets they've created for one content patch.
    People incorrectly predicted Shadowlands to actually be about Dragon Isles.
    You do know that all of that is irrelevant right?

Yes, he was right in hindsight. At that point in time, two random NPCs showing up absolutely doesn't indicate an expansion in any way, especially because even back then, the Broken Isles did sit between Zandalar and Kul Tiras.
    Again, just because we don't know 100% that it's a clue does not mean that Blizzard isn't dropping hints of what the next expansion is going to be in current content.

You know all of that is irrelevant right?

Again, just because we don't know 100% that it's a clue does not mean that Blizzard isn't dropping hints of what the next expansion is going to be in current content.
    Okay but what's the point of talking about that then? We could take everything as a hint to a future expansion. Oh, there's a Constellar in the raid. Ulduar 2 confirmed. There's Dreadlords, that's a Dreadlords expansion confirmed. A Lordaeron crest shield? Seems like the next expansion will be about Lordaeron! We went to Stormheim in Tazavesh. Legion 2 confirmed? We also went to Boralus! BfA 2! There's a Goblin in Tazavesh as well! Undermines confirmed! Garrosh was in Sanctum, actually. Could it be the hint at Lightforged Garrosh?

I mean, any of these are just as likely as a Dragon expansion according to you. Because anything and everything in WoW is a hint towards the next expansion until it isn't.

You don't know what a hint for the next expansion is until the next expansion gets announced, at which point there is no point speculating.

An actual hint at a next expansion would be the Sword stuck in Silithus, or Gul'dan getting sent back. Even the Sylvanas outro from BfA. Wrathions speech along with the dragon on the Timeless Isle.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2022-03-27 at 09:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay but what's the point of talking about that then?
    Because it's fun to speculate. Which is why this thread is so popular.

We could take everything as a hint to a future expansion. Oh, there's a Constellar in the raid. Ulduar 2 confirmed. There's Dreadlords, that's a Dreadlords expansion confirmed. A Lordaeron crest shield? Seems like the next expansion will be about Lordaeron! We went to Stormheim in Tazavesh. Legion 2 confirmed? We also went to Boralus! BfA 2! There's a Goblin in Tazavesh as well! Undermines confirmed! Garrosh was in Sanctum, actually. Could it be the hint at Lightforged Garrosh?
    You take the information you have and see which is the most likely, and then you discuss and debate it. This is largely what we're doing in this thread.

I mean, any of these are just as likely as a Dragon expansion according to you.
    Well no, because we have to take other things into account. The examples you mentioned aren't going to be future expansions for obvious reasons (except probably Undermine, there's multiple clues for that one).

You don't know what a hint for the next expansion is until the next expansion gets announced, at which point there is no point speculating.
    And once again, just because we don't know that hints are being dropped for the next expansion doesn't mean that Blizzard isn't dropping hints for the next expansion right in front of our faces. That's the point.