Surprised not to see any indications of new heritage armor.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    I speculate it will be fun for 1 week and boring for 1 year.

I have uninstalled WoW for the first time since vanilla. Kept switching to other games so much in-between the one hour a week of me touching boreghast that it no longer made sense for WoW to be on my hard drive and keep the sub.

Currently playing BDO for art style and combat as a waiting game while looking forward to New World, Outriders, Crimson Desert, PSO2 NG for 2021 and OW2, POE2 and Blue Protocol...etc for 2022.
    Have fun. Byeeeeee..... The fact that you have to specifically come here to say boreghast just proves you should never reinstall but probably will just to complain more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Every time some new middling MMO comes out, everyone thinks it's the definitive WoW-killer, then it dies out in like three years.
    I mean that's simply because there's a trash the competitor campaign always that claims nobody is playing it because XXX to stifle anyone from going to it. "Wahhh too hard don't play it" leads to "Ha see I told you nobody likes it hard".

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Surprised not to see any indications of new heritage armor.
    By what Blizz said, .5 seems to just be valor points and covenant tuning with new content expected for 9.1/Blizzcon.

Their reasoning being they wanted to push out a quick patch to address systems before new content. So they're counting heritage as that now.
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2021-02-09 at 11:50 PM.

I'd expect anything heritage armor related to be shown off at Blizzcon anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    We won’t see a 9.1 drop for many months. Blizz is just now thinking of deploying 9.0.5 and even when 9.0.5 drops it’s still a very long ways away

As for what I think 9.1 will be.. I’d say it will be a bastion raid. I think they are going with the most unique/successful raids first before the last two. I also think the last two zone raids will be split between the two, the 9.3 will be the end zone and jailer raid.

10.0 will be off planet stuff, you cant keep beating off a dead horse and stay stuck on azeroth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I'm sure we'll deal with the Light and Shadow stuff next expac. Idk about "rejailing the Jailer" or "Arthas messing with the realm of light" shit at all tbh. But I doubt it'll happen.

We still also have to finish off the Ardenweald plot, btw. Ya know? The one regarding the Drust, the Female Dreadlord, and the realm of Life?
    The jailer wanted Andiun for a reason, after he called upon the light to aid him. So I think the jailer wants something to do with the light. Hence his end goal is to go the realm of light. Whatever he wants will probably cause problems there and the people of the light will want to punish us for letting it happen. Even if we end up defeating the jailer. Going off previous blizzard writing I would assume a bad guy will ultimate end up sacrificing themselves stop the jailer.

Not sure where they would put the Drust story lines. To be honest I didn't do that story line yet. I am sure 9.1 will wrap up the covenant quests.

Though all my theorycrafting is probably just BS. Blizzard could have Sylvanis marry Anduin in 9.1 and 9.2 we join forces with the Jailer to kill Super Light God.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Have fun. Byeeeeee..... The fact that you have to specifically come here to say boreghast just proves you should never reinstall but probably will just to complain more.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean that's simply because there's a trash the competitor campaign always that claims nobody is playing it because XXX to stifle anyone from going to it. "Wahhh too hard don't play it" leads to "Ha see I told you nobody likes it hard".
    I highly doubt the reason every middling MMO released fails is because of a smear campaign conspiracy. Black Desert and RIFT come to mind as MMOs which failed for very good reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    O.M.G. Don't play with my heart like this!
    Some of these really don't look particularly revamped. They seem like the same textures we have now, save the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    By what Blizz said, .5 seems to just be valor points and covenant tuning with new content expected for 9.1/Blizzcon.

Their reasoning being they wanted to push out a quick patch to address systems before new content. So they're counting heritage as that now.
    I would assume that by new content what they mean are new assets. Heritage armor takes time to make both becausse of the armor itself, but also because of the significant time spent on the questline as well as the testing for it.
    So far all we have seen in 9.0.5 that are not simple balancing changes are some new icons and achievements. Valor points is seemigly the only "new" thing in it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

so with the valor points coming in and the anima changes...theres only a few negatives for my personal enjoyment in the game now

the fact that blizz doesnt ahve to redo systems the entire expansion is actually kinda refreshing after BfA and even with the complaints from people for "oh what about raids!!! Why do we have to unlock the ilvl upgrades for the dungeons while pvp is higher" I actually like the idea of doing dungeons again. I kinda slacked because meh if i want i can use ilvl to get into a high key or check out guildies for that one sweet vault loot chance but with valor i might push for the first time since legion.

Now there are obviously still problems with the game but the fact they are addressing them quickly is nice and i see the other solutions coming soon too...seriously ion just let us use valor to upgrade a heroic raid item to mythic ilvl for valor...its not that hard and it helps people who have issues progressing while still giving them something to work towards.

As for 9.1 im calling it right now the jailer leaves the maw and we chase him after a raid and possibly dungeon saving anduin

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Revamped Stormwind textures are apparently in. Though they may not actually be new textures?

https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/1359278843530461187/
    Those textures all look the same to me

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Those textures all look the same to me
    Might be one of those where it is difficult tto tell without a side by side comparision.
    Even though the Dalaran graphical revamp is obvious once you see it I doubt I would have been able to tell the difference just from a still image of the texture map without anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Might be one of those where it is difficult tto tell without a side by side comparision.
    Even though the Dalaran graphical revamp is obvious once you see it I doubt I would have been able to tell the difference just from a still image of the texture map without anything else.
    Possibly, I just hope blizzard does a revamp soon. Searching for the Lunar Festival Elders makes it really obvious how badly the world needs an update, almost every zone has Zidormi now lol.
    Last edited by therumblings; 2021-02-10 at 10:28 AM.

Possibly, I just hope blizzard does a revamp soon. Searching for the Lunar Festival Elders makes it really obvious how badly the world needs an update, almost every zone has Zidormi now lol.
    Well as I am fond of saying, we have to get one eventually. No WoW expansion has been somewhere other than Azeroth twice in a row, and we don't really have anywhere to go to in Azeroth that isnt made up for that expansion alone.

Man, the Zidormi crap makes me so mad all the time...

Sounds like this season will continue until May at this point. Bringing in 9.0.5 to then end the season for like a month after wouldn't make much sense in my book especially with the valor points coming in hot
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    Sounds like this season will continue until May at this point. Bringing in 9.0.5 to then end the season for like a month after wouldn't make much sense in my book especially with the valor points coming in hot
    Depends on what will be added to 9.0.5 beyond what we see in this initial datamining. If this is it then we could also simply be looking at a really short patch cycle for 9.0.6, maybe as little as a month. I could seethe 9.0.5 PTR be instnatly replaced with the 9.1 PTR as soon as it launches, honestly.

Man, the Zidormi crap makes me so mad all the time...
    It didn't really bug me until BFA, which added like 6 new Zidormi zones, at this point it's extremely telling that the world needs to be kept up to date.
    Last edited by therumblings; 2021-02-10 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostPanini View Post
    The jailer wanted Andiun for a reason, after he called upon the light to aid him. So I think the jailer wants something to do with the light. Hence his end goal is to go the realm of light. Whatever he wants will probably cause problems there and the people of the light will want to punish us for letting it happen. Even if we end up defeating the jailer. Going off previous blizzard writing I would assume a bad guy will ultimate end up sacrificing themselves stop the jailer.

Not sure where they would put the Drust story lines. To be honest I didn't do that story line yet. I am sure 9.1 will wrap up the covenant quests.

Though all my theorycrafting is probably just BS. Blizzard could have Sylvanis marry Anduin in 9.1 and 9.2 we join forces with the Jailer to kill Super Light God.
    Maybe. Also, there are a lot of Shadow hints in SL aswell, which is why I assume it's not going to be all about the Light next expansion.

It didn't really bug me until BFA, which added like 6 new Zidormi zones, at this point it's extremely telling that the world needs to be kept up to date.
    It would also be a fantastic opportunity for a soft reboot of the franchise, but yes I couldn't agree more, the world has aged but it hasn't aged well...

It would also be a fantastic opportunity for a soft reboot of the franchise, but yes I couldn't agree more, the world has aged but it hasn't aged well...
    Was hoping they would do that with Shadowlands and the writing team would show some balls by either killing a lot of main story characters or leaving them behind as resolved completely.

No such luck. At least the game itself has been relatively fun.