Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The concept of the afterlife is as old as humanity.
    'What happens after death' is one of the oldest, if not THE oldest trope in history.

The reason why wows take on it sucks is because of Blizzards inability to care, stay coherent and produce meaningful stories.
    Instead we get an underwhelming mess that's riddled with plotholes and dialogue that rivals an edgy middle schoolers fanfiction in quality.

Not because the concept sucks.
    The afterlife concept, very much like time travel and alternate universes, always comes with huge risks to your story and lore. All 3 of these can be pulled off brilliantly, but the overwhelming amount of time it's more a guaranteed failure in the making, because these plots require a very high writing skill, smart ideas and most importantly self-control to execute. All of which are things that you usually don't find in a franchise's story that is bend over backwards into a pretzel for profit and written by 2 dozen people with their own agendas.

In the case of the afterlife stories you always run the risk of devaluing death, especially if you go the way Blizzard did and just turn it into another plane of existence where everyone (usually) gets a new (immortal) body that essentially completely undermines everything happening in the mortal realms. Heck, Supernatural's writing was literature Nobel Prize level compared to Shadowlands. The shadowlands should have been explored in short expeditions with many mysteries we are simply not privy to, what ended up happening though is that we waltz through them like a themepark ride, where it's denizens are simply the employees of the park cosplaying. The best ending to the story would be the jailer completely shatters the way she shadowlands works and plunges the ordered afterlife into something completely inaccessible to us and therefore mysterious again.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Stop Anduin dead?
    Don't worry, naaru will raise Anduin on the third day after his death.

just logged onto the ptr
    im so glad they are putting work towards that garbage domination gear design but its becoming more and more obvious they dont know waht to do with stuff
    first test: oh you have multiple sockets through multiple pieces of gear
    pros
    doesnt screw with legendaries
    you can still get your set bonus even if you have bad rng

cons
    you could get up to 8 sockets
    sylvanas gear was more mandatory

new system: each piece eligible gives one socket with 5 total available

pros
    not near as powerful as the last design
    places less reliance on specific pieces

cons
    screws with legendary items

im hoping they give a new way to get a partial refund or something because i dont feel like grinding 5k soul ash again
    and for those saying "its not that bad" it is actually because the gems are extremely powerful

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post

Yeah, I just said he's wrong. Don't get onto this weird ass train right here.

I regret ever linking the video here to begin with.
    Oh this wasn't meant to be an attack on you, sorry if it came out as such. I was actually agreeing with you in your post and pointing out the part where I basically went from "He might actually still be legit." to "Nah 3 channels, all of which are extremely pushy. He's just after money saying what his audience wants to hear now. If he cared about just news it would be him, the news, no opinions. Which is how news is supposed to be."

When his videos are in your recommendations every time you go on YouTube, you're bound to get annoyed.
    A free quality of life tip for you.

- - - Updated - - -

So anyway, what do you guys think the Compass is going to be about?

McGuffin to remind Anduin that he isn't supposed to be discount Arthas.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    LMAOOOO

Bet.

Btw, you guys do realize the Gardens of Life doesn't have to be anything too big no?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That's kinda useless when Anduin doesn't actually get to choose what he does. Arthas was being misguided. Anduin is just straight-up being controlled like a puppet and gets no say in the matter.

Hoped: 9.1 date.

Expected: Diablo II date.

What we got: 2 new hero models for OV2.

Oooof.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's kinda useless when Anduin doesn't actually get to choose what he does. Arthas was being misguided. Anduin is just straight-up being controlled like a puppet and gets no say in the matter.
    And the compass and reminders it brings will help him break that control.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

RIP chequered cube, left us too soon...

I find it difficult to believe this is actually the end for him. It seems far too rushed and pointless. I mean honestly, what was even the point of him being in the Shadowlands? Just to get offed for shock(?) value?

Seems to me more that Anduin is either being controlled still and stating he is leaving everyone to help the Jailer or that he programmed his compass somehow to tell everyone his goodbye.

I am willing to put money down on Anduin being important going forward.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I find it difficult to believe this is actually the end for him. It seems far too rushed and pointless. I mean honestly, what was even the point of him being in the Shadowlands? Just to get offed for shock(?) value?

Seems to me more that Anduin is either being controlled still and stating he is leaving everyone to help the Jailer or that he programmed his compass somehow to tell everyone his goodbye.

The Wowhead article doesn't give much hope:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-and...poilers-322783

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

My assumption is that he “dies”, and the Jailer wins. But this “goodbye” won’t be final.

Why do you think I believe that 9.2 will be about Life?

- - - Updated - - -

Cause of shit like this...

He’s coming back lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    The Wowhead article doesn't give much hope:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-and...poilers-322783
    “Anduin’s Goodbye” I wanna fuckin CRY!!!

As Arthas once said, "doesn't anyone stay dead anymore?"

I highly doubt he's actually killed, or if he is, that its the end for him.

Also I swear TheFirstOnes, I should make a drinking game for you talking about Life. But I'd probably get alcohol poisoning pretty quick!

(Just a tease, you certainly are set on it aren't you?)

Damn, never thought Anduin dying would be a possibility.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    As Arthas once said, "doesn't anyone stay dead anymore?"

I highly doubt he's actually killed, or if he is, that its the end for him.

Also I swear TheFirstOnes, I should make a drinking game for you talking about Life. But I'd probably get alcohol poisoning pretty quick!

(Just a tease, you certainly are set on it aren't you?)
    Lmao nah, don’t worry about it man, that’s funny asf. But yeah, I am extremely set on it. Been set on it since 9.0 was announced lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Damn, never thought Anduin dying would be a possibility.
    Same tbh...

Wait is Blizzard involved with the Summer Game Fest?