Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    I wonder wtf is up with the cinematic. Is “Anduin’s goodbye” him saying he cannot do anything to stop Zovaal’s mind control shit? Or that he’s telling everyone his future plans? I doubt that tbh...

It has to be a death scene. There’s no way it’s not imo.
    The devs literally said that Anduin's mind control by the Jailer is an event that will change him him for years to come. We also still have that comic of him being old.

It's impossible he actually dies here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Blizzard no balls to kill Archon, what is the chance they will kill Anduin?

0%
    Ye, you know they kill characters based on their planned story? "Balls" have nothing to do with it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Why do you think I believe that 9.2 will be about Life?
    Because you've been fixating on that well before we got any of the 9.1 story and won't let anything get you off that topic, even though nobody else is seriously considering it.

Sylvanas will reunite with her good spirit shard and become whole once again and revive.
    Revived Sylvanas will go on to redeem corrupted Anduin when all other methods were impossible. She will earn redemption through redeeming him.

Cue 10.0 and High King Anduin and High Queen Sylvanas rule the combined Horde & Alliance faction. They have a son.

7+ Year Old Account
    Aight, so.

He's either dead and the image we see of him is the last bit of his essence dissipating.
    Or we manage to connect to him in some manner and he says his goodbyes because he thinks he cant get rid of the Jailers control.
    Or he is dead and this is a goodbye message he left behind.

Option 1 and 3 are practically the same, but the dissipating soul trope is probably more inline with the current expansion theme.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    The Wowhead article doesn't give much hope:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-and...poilers-322783
    That article doesnt exaclty give much of anything to go on really.

The cutscene is called "Anduin's Goodbye" and Anduins shows up as either a ghost or a hologram and says something, but that something could be any number of different things really.
    It could be him sending a message on behalf of the Jailer. It could be him legitimately dead and these are his final words. It could be him explaining how he allowed himself to be turned by the Jailer to prove a point to Sylvanas or whatever.

In the end we can only really guess at what exactly happens here. There are a myriad of options beyond the worst case scenario where he sacrificed himself to save Sylvanas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Aight, so.

He's either dead and the image we see of him is the last bit of his essence dissipating.
    Or we manage to connect to him in some manner and he says his goodbyes because he thinks he cant get rid of the Jailers control.

Option 1 and 3 are practically the same, but the dissipating soul trope is probably more inline with the current expansion theme.
    There is also the option similar to 2 where his goodbye is him being controlled as the Jailers mouthpiece saying something ominous.

I am more inclined to believe option 2 though. It fits Anduins character as self-sacrificing. It allows players to feel invested in the story going forward. And it gives us an interesting foil to Arthas when he inevitably returns.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

0%
    I'm more concerned Anduin's gonna become the next Lich King or something than he dies.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm more concerned Anduin's gonna become the next Lich King or something than he dies.
    There must always be a noteworthy loot pinata.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Stiven_SR...92130478923778

Looks like we jumped too fast to conclusions.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because that's normal behaviour. These are sentient, sapient beings. They're capable of disagreeing on things. What you're asking for is what doesn't make sense.

I don't like "clear enemy" races. They're unrealistic. They're also not particularly WarCrafty. Even the Light and Order have internal disagreements.
    "Unrealistic" Unrealistic compared to the real world yes but thats fine sometimes we enter a Fantasy world for simple enemies like that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

It's probably when he becomes Lichduin.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Aight, so.

As the wowhead article describes, it could just be an echo, possibly made visible my some (anima) magic shenanigans. Maybe he talks to himself in his last few lucid moments before he becomes a full on sockpuppet.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

lol, I wanted Sylvanas' death, but if they kill Anduin this expansion might have one good outcome. He's been an awful character since MoP. Nevermind though, they'll bring him back one way or another, maybe super duper light infused. Anduin dying and be gone forever? Don't be a fool.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-06-10 at 09:28 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Seems it may be an echo. But the location of where the cubes are is imo also pretty important. I think it’s both a death memorial and an echo as to what happened to Anduin

- - - Updated - - -

0%
    Why do you think they won’t kill the Arbiter?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    lol, I wanted Sylvanas' death, but if they kill Anduin this expansion might have one good outcome. He's been an awful character since MoP. Nevermind though, they'll bring him back one way or another, maybe super duper light infused. Anduin dying and be gone forever? Don't be a fool.
    I doubt Light will be a big factor next patch. Death and Light makes about less sense than Life and Death for 9.2.

7+ Year Old Account
    He ain't dead, it's an echo.

Formerly known as Arafal

Why do you think they won’t kill the Arbiter?
    He said Archon, the blue angelic bint that Anduin stabs in the patch reveal trailer. She could have died like Denathrius at least, you know losing her body.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Could be both. Could JUST be an Echo. Who knows. Goodbye Anduin implies more than a simple Echo.

Hey, here's to hoping that still something fatal happens with him.

Wait until they "kill" Anduin to trick the Jailer so he can come back in 9.2 and backstab Zovaal like Arya the Night King and be THE hero. I totally expect this horrible cliche writing at this point.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Sounds like just another Thursday in WoW community.

Hey, here's to hoping that still something fatal happens with him.

Wait until they "kill" Anduin to trick the Jailer so he can come back in 9.2 and backstab Zovaal like Arya the Night King and be THE hero. I totally expect this horrible cliche writing at this point.
    Or, they’ll have us kill Zovaal?