5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    "You're just like, unwittingly crawling like a blind, writhing worm towards endless madness and despair, brah."
    "Like, maybe this is just a blessing in despair?"
    Brozdormu must be canonised, I insist.
    I just think Ebonhorn is quite neat.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    Yeah, there's a ton of Heroes stuff in those photoshops.

Clearly they were used because HOTS died a while back...

I miss Heroes.
    Me too.

They need to do something to bring it back.

Also, if this expansion is going to be about Dragons, maybe the one after will be about the other side of Azeroth?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokenuf View Post
    I'm sure we'll get covenant-esque dragonflight choice with no power player attached to it, cosmetic only and freely swappable and a 2.0 version of Torghast.
    Now THAT would be something they'd do.

No need to balance a new race or class. Everyone gets Dragon customizations! Horns! Tails! Scales!

... imagine the outrage when 11.0 comes around and they remove them.

Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    Something LOTRO did a while back with their addition of Beornings is that they made them a class -and- a race. If you wanted to be the Beorning class, you had to be the Beorning race, and vice versa.

I can see that happening with Dragonkin and a Dragonkin class, but I also have my doubts. If they add a Dragonkin class, it'd be available to most, if not all races. And if they add a Dragonkin race, they would not lock it to a single class.
    Considering that Dragons have humanoid forms of any race, I'm sure that's something they'd like to take advantage of and make the dragon class available to everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Faced Goddess View Post
    Honestly, I'm of the same opinion. I would kill for a Thrall styled tier set for my Orc Shaman. I don't know I just have this headcanon where imagine that some shamans go around barefooted to feel more in touch with the elements. I really hope we get the night elf set we saw the sentinels wearing during BFA. It'd totally be asking too much, but more racial themed armor for each class would be awesome. Sadly, not enough time or resources for such a venture.
    Yesss give me something minimal, spiritual. Preferably with a colour variation I can match to my resto spec. A "mail" shirt that is skimpy and made of bones and wood like the tauren heritage set, and legs that are some kind of skirt/kilt that is more clothy but has the same kind of bone-mail look as assets. And I like the barefoot idea.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    No I dont mean she'll be involved I just meant that I dont think Alex is that iconic for Warcraft. I think Ysera and Kalec are more iconic than Alex and Nozdormu personally.
    Ah. I think Alex is more iconic for just Warcraft, though Kalec and Ysera are definitely more involved in World of Warcraft.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just gonna revise my shaman set idea there to remove the "skirt" part because I only want the kilt part. I want a shorter style skirt that highlights the barefoot element.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's probably just me but if you ask me to name one WoW dragon it's gonna be Kalec. Granted I was reading the manga as it was released so he pretty quickly became my favorite. Im a bit biased in that regard.
    Fair enough, I'd wager Alex just based on her character being chosen for HotS.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably just me but if you ask me to name one WoW dragon it's gonna be Kalec. Granted I was reading the manga as it was released so he pretty quickly became my favorite. Im a bit biased in that regard.
    At this point I would say I think of Wrathion first. No particular new BFA model reason!

Ahem.

But also because he has caused the most plot advancement lately with his causing of WoD which caused Legion which caused BfA which ended with him returning and standing against N'zoth.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Everyone is assuming Alex is on the key art as our guide like Bolvar in Shadowlands.
    But we should also consider the chance that she's on the art as the villain like the Lich King in Wrath.

She doesn't look villainous or threatening, it's a very slim chance... but there's a chance.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's a good point, Im gonna have to concede this one cause if nothing else Blizzard probably considers her the most iconic.
    Nothing to concede, my dude. I'm personally excited for Kalecgos to stop looking like his polygon count maxes out at 12.

Fuck Id love for a Shaman set build around bare feet and like something just not heavy armor aesthetic. It obviously would still be Mail armor for gameplay but I wish they would be more willing to experiment with sets that take elements from other armor types. A plated cloth armor set for mages. Or a more wandering adventure leather doublet vibe for Warriors. That sort of thing.
    Yeah, they should definitely experiment more with armors sets and not pigeonhole themselves into these tiny thematic boxes. That's not to say totally disregard the class aesthetic, but innovate and build upon it.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Yesss give me something minimal, spiritual. Preferably with a colour variation I can match to my resto spec. A "mail" shirt that is skimpy and made of bones and wood like the tauren heritage set, and legs that are some kind of skirt/kilt that is more clothy but has the same kind of bone-mail look as assets. And I like the barefoot idea.
    Glad you like my idea. I would love something like what you listed with the bones and wood for Shaman too. It captures the "natural" aesthetic, but in a more spiritual sense than hunter. Bones harken back to shamanic reverence for the spirits of ancestors and nature.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by maplesyrupgl View Post
    Everyone is assuming Alex is on the key art as our guide like Bolvar in Shadowlands.
    But we should also consider the chance that she's on the art as the villain like the Lich King in Wrath.

She doesn't look villainous or threatening, it's a very slim chance... but there's a chance.
    Doesn't really need to be either. Chen wasn't really guide or villain, just the most notable figure associated with the content.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    nah, I think its much more likely she get she's the expansions Bolvar / Khadgar / Magni
    Hopefully she'll actually do something unlike Bolvar who seems to have attended many online delegation classes while he sat on the frozen throne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    Nothing to concede, my dude. I'm personally excited for Kalecgos to stop looking like his polygon count maxes out at 12.
    Wait, a Kalec model on par with BfA Wrathion's?

*sweats*
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

... Why did it have to be dragons?

There needs to be a really interesting twist for me to care. The gameplay is trash. The story is trash. The only thing WoW has going for it at this point are its aesthetics. Warcraft dragons are incredibly vanilla. Gimme those time travelling cyborg dragons powered by the souls of demons. At the very very least, there needs to be a playable dragon race/class.

On the upside, I guess maybe Wrathion is going to be the star of the show this time? Or maybe it's Kalec. At least we're not going to get yet another Warcraft 3 left over advertised on the box this time. It's been 20 years since WoW launched and yet hardly any WoW original characters get the spotlight. The most we got was Garrosh and Anduin as prominent faction leaders in prior expansions, but not the box art main.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well Blizzard fucked it up again. And probably on purpose but I feel like I say that every time they do this.

And oh hey every leak thus far was fake, what a surprise.

Honestly Dragonflight fills me with a certain sense of dread. Maybe it's because it feels so much like Shadowlands as a name. Maybe it's the fact putting the spotlight on the Dragonflights reminds me of an idea I had ages ago that "the next covenants will be picking a dragonflight to join." And that makes me fear that Blizz in fact learned nothing from SL and is going to just release "SL but with Dragons."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Faced Goddess View Post
    Yeah, they should definitely experiment more with armors sets and not pigeonhole themselves into these tiny thematic boxes. That's not to say totally disregard the class aesthetic, but innovate and build upon it.

Glad you like my idea. I would love something like what you listed with the bones and wood for Shaman too. It captures the "natural" aesthetic, but in a more spiritual sense than hunter. Bones harken back to shamanic reverence for the spirits of ancestors and nature.
    The heritage sets and other things also kind of throw the "plate has to look like plate" and "mail has to look like mail" idea out the window since anyone can transmog to their heritage set regardless of their actual armour type.

And thank you =)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well Blizzard fucked it up again. And probably on purpose but I feel like I say that every time they do this.

Honestly Dragonflight fills me with a certain sense of dread. Maybe it's because it feels so much like Shadowlands as a name. Maybe it's the fact putting the spotlight on the Dragonflights reminds me of an idea I had ages ago that "the next covenants will be picking a dragonflight to join." And that makes me fear that Blizz in fact learned nothing from SL and is going to just release "SL but with Dragons."
    Same, dude.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

I don't think the idea of Covenants were bad. The implementation and parameters behind them were awful. If we had Covenant like "dragonflights" but they did not have playerpower associated to them OR we could freely choose between them from the start, it would be rather cool.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I don't think the idea of Covenants were bad. The implementation and parameters behind them were awful. If we had Covenant like "dragonflights" but they did not have playerpower associated to them OR we could freely choose between them from the start, it would be rather cool.
    Covenant Abilities were and always will be bad. Conduits were and always will be bad.

If they do do "Join a Dragonflight" and tie anything power-wise to it, be it a skill tree, or an artifact, or special armor traits, it will always be bad.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)