The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Another patch, another set of ominous, foreshadowing whispers.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/whisper...ialogue-322841
    Eh I feel like most of those are about Korthia and the Jailer moreso than future expansions this time.

The "so little time left to share them" is the only one that raises my antenna.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Shame. This sounds like a lot more interesting afterlife than what we got. And yet more Nathrezim shenanigans.
    Yeah honestly Razunesh sounds waaaaaay more interesting than Bastion or Maldraxxus.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah honestly Razunesh sounds waaaaaay more interesting than Bastion or Maldraxxus.
    Seems to me more like the grass is always greener. I mean, the appeal of this zone would presumably be to see lots of different mobs, but there is an upper limit on how many you can expect to see in a given expansion.

I mean honestly. If we got this instead of Maldraxxus then you would likely say the exact same thing. You got a boring zone that just looks kinda like Oribos instead of a zone where renowned warriors fom across the cosmos battles in eternal combat for glory and prestige. The zone designed like an RTS map with a giant arean in the middle where you are called upon to fight endless combat against the most powerful enemies scavenged from the living realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Or further still, we get Ra'zunesh instead of Bastion and the complain levied is that we got another dark and gloomy realm instead of something that looks like heaven, styled in the fashion of the Elysian fields.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post

Or further still, we get Ra'zunesh instead of Bastion and the complain levied is that we got another dark and gloomy realm instead of something that looks like heaven, styled in the fashion of the Elysian fields.
    Which would be a pretty dumb complaint for a realm called the Shadowlands.

Granted I think Ra'zunesh would fit better in a Final Fantasy expansion where they aren't affraid to do lots of talk quests without forcing you to stop and gather twenty bear asses. But it does sound like an interesting place to me. Definitely more than the fucking Maw.

Granted I think Ra'zunesh would fit better in a Final Fantasy expansion where they aren't affraid to do lots of talk quests without forcing you to stop and gather twenty bear asses. But it does sound like an interesting place to me. Definitely more than the fucking Maw.
    Sure it would be more befitting teh Shadowlands, but it would be an absolutely valid complaint as well that all the zones end up sort of blending together without large variety.

Regardless the point is that an unnanounced zone will almost always seem better than the ones we have unless the premise given is catastrophically bad simply because it is new compared to the zones we have spent time growing bored by already.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I would imagine that Ra'zunesh would be perfect for a WoW zone from quest perspective. The entire zones shtick is gathering stuff, seemingly pointlessly. And quests are perhaps the ultimate example of mindlessly gathering stuff. You could have an endless variety of quests that have you gather 20 bear asses contaminated with scorpid venom for a conservators priceless collection of animal asses contaminated with venom.

Shadowlands are the Realms of Death. Not all of them are supposed to be gloomy.

Using this logic, “Shadow”lands would heavily include the Void, which it does not.

Seems to me more like the grass is always greener. I mean, the appeal of this zone would presumably be to see lots of different mobs, but there is an upper limit on how many you can expect to see in a given expansion.

I mean honestly. If we got this instead of Maldraxxus then you would likely say the exact same thing. You got a boring zone that just looks kinda like Oribos instead of a zone where renowned warriors fom across the cosmos battles in eternal combat for glory and prestige. The zone designed like an RTS map with a giant arean in the middle where you are called upon to fight endless combat against the most powerful enemies scavenged from the living realm.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, Maldraxxus is the least impressive of the Shadowlands‘ zones (not the worst one, just the least impressive). They seem to have put all of their efforts into Revendreth and it showed, because the other three zones in comparison are very uninspired. What might have been better or not is hard to tell now, I just find the premise of Razunesh way more intriguing than that of Maldraxxus or Bastion. Heck they could have made that zone a giant library or tower full of wisdom and knowledge, but instead they gave us yet another zone that just looks like half of Northrend or the Plaguelands. It’s just not very impressive (and Maldraxxus might be my second favorite Shadowlands‘ zone).

5+ Year Old Account
    a conservators priceless collection of animal asses contaminated with venom.
    A collector of asses? Sounds like a man of culture

7+ Year Old Account
    The second whisper just screams Nathrezim for me. But all of it sounds very void themed for me.
    Idk, the second line says more like Sylvanas to me.
    Since hope is her and Andy's thing.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    To be fair, Maldraxxus is the least impressive of the Shadowlands‘ zones (not the worst one, just the least impressive). They seem to have put all of their efforts into Revendreth and it showed, because the other three zones in comparison are very uninspired. What might have been better or not is hard to tell now, I just find the premise of Razunesh way more intriguing than that of Maldraxxus or Bastion. Heck they could have made that zone a giant library or tower full of wisdom and knowledge, but instead they gave us yet another zone that just looks like half of Northrend or the Plaguelands. It’s just not very impressive (and Maldraxxus might be my second favorite Shadowlands‘ zone).
    I mean, I definitely agree on what the zone could have been, but the same could be said for any zone. I do for instance wish Maldraxxus was more themed around warfare instead of proto-scourge and mushrooms.
    Ra'zunesh could have been an interesting zone styled to be a giant library stretching infinitely in all directions, a zone that like Vashj'ir actually managed to be designed in 3 dimensions and not just 2 with a few caves and mountains. But then again it could also have been another forest with some Oribos themed buildings filled with more bookshelf assets than usual, spruced up with teh occassional stasis chamber.

The argument that a zone we didnt get is better than one we did is kinda meaningless since that assumes a best case scenarion when the zone we got is not given the same privelige.
    A best case scenario of Nazjatar is obviously going to be better than what we have because that one is not mired with quirks of the design process, nor catered based on what we personally want out of a zone. Nor more importantly is it a zone we have seen, so it is new and interesting whereas a zone we have seen is not.

Build today? Or nah?

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    My entire paragraph was a counter to yours LMAO

You're here to troll, I take it. Blocked
    > Guy has a point
    > You don't like the point
    > LMAO Blocked

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    > Guy has a point
    > You don't like the point
    > LMAO Blocked
    >Guy has no point
    >Guy claims I have no argument?
    >Get ridiculed by some rando for blocking someone attempting to troll

Kekw

Music is in! LET’S GOOOO

I feel that August release coming boys....

/s

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Music is in! LET’S GOOOO
    Woot Woot!

I guess at this point there really is nothing we are waiting for except the launch date confirmation.

Also, that Survival buff though. I have to wonder whether Blizzard will actually revert it eventually. It is by far the least popular spec, and much of that falls squarely on it being melee in a time where there are already too many of them.
    Hopefully we can at least hope for a hybrid that can actually fight at ranged outside the pathetic ranged cooldown.

- - - Updated - - -

The FoS for Sylvanas' bow is interesting though. I would definitely not be entirely opposed to having an actual legendary item like the ones we used to get back, though I have to wonder whether the game can support that system anymore. Presumably a hunter shouldnt have to spend the entire 9.1 farming it only for it to be rendered obsolete by the next patch, nor should a FoS be given out for a weapon with simply a less than average drop chance.

This music...

Is glorious!

7+ Year Old Account
    Woot Woot!

I guess at this point there really is nothing we are waiting for except the launch date confirmation.

Also, that Survival buff though. I have to wonder whether Blizzard will actually revert it eventually. It is by far the least popular spec, and much of that falls squarely on it being melee in a time where there are already too many of them.
    Hopefully we can at least hope for a hybrid that can actually fight at ranged outside the pathetic ranged cooldown.

- - - Updated - - -

The FoS for Sylvanas' bow is interesting though. I would definitely not be entirely opposed to having an actual legendary item like the ones we used to get back, though I have to wonder whether the game can support that system anymore. Presumably a hunter shouldnt have to spend the entire 9.1 farming it only for it to be rendered obsolete by the next patch, nor should a FoS be given out for a weapon with simply a less than average drop chance.
    Well, you can get the bow from either difficulty (besides maybe lfr - while an item for that version does exist on the ptr, so far it's not in the dungeon journal) - and it's actually the only hunter weapon besides m+/pvp ones that you can get this patch. So I guess it shouldn't be too rare. Also I'm glad they did add a FoS for it because it would trigger my OCD if they suddenly stopped doing legendary weapon FoS. Still salty about them abandoning FoS for end-of-raid mounts (last we got was Invincible).

#TEAMGIRAFFE

There's like...

3 Hours of Music here! WHAT THE FUCK???

- - - Updated - - -

Compare that to 7.3: That's simply 2 hours of Music MAX! Barely even 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    I feel that August release coming boys....

/s
    It’s definitely July now as we didn’t get the release candidate this week and they’re still tuning.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2021-06-15 at 09:08 PM.