Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Good thing mmoc and wowhead posted about it, otherwise we would be called liars lol.
    The waters of truth shall fall on our face soon enough Master Dwarf. What a bountiful leak season it was

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Are people sure that dragon in the back is supposed to be Alex btw?

It looks purple to mee. Could me a chromatic dragon
    It’s not Alex
    The horns are different
    It’s purple
    The frills are different

It’s another dragon with ornate horns but different so I’m gonna bet daughter of onyxia

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    In a setting like WarCraft rendered inanimate is definitely not the same as dead.
    So what does it mean. Explain it. How can you be inanimate, but not dead? Are you telling me all his vital signs are still there? His heart is still beating? Blood is circulating through his veins? Is he getting fed? Does he poop? While being inanimate?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
    You read again.

Revive

How do you revive something that isn't dead?

Answer that.

re·vive
    /rəˈvīv/
    Learn to pronounce
    verb
    restore to life or consciousness.

Alexstrazsa herself at the end of the book flat out states Chromatus isn't really dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Are people sure that dragon in the back is supposed to be Alex btw?

It looks purple to mee. Could me a chromatic dragon
    It might not be, I haven't thought about it too much until just now.

For comparison, here's Bayard Wu's illustration of Alexstrasza from 4 years ago—who I suspect is also the artist behind this key art due to the similar way they paint dragons.

They actually look quite different. The purple-ish dragon in the key art looks more like a male dragon to me.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Cata was just too big in scale for the team. Redoing every zone, plus adding new zones and new endgame. It burnt alot of people out, it's why people like Jeff Kaplan and such left WoW to pursue other projects because they overdid it.
    I always like to point out that it wasn't even redoing every zone. It was a recreation of every zone. One of the devs said that basically they just deleted the entire EK/Kalimdor file and rebuilt it from scratch to make it

A) Compatible for Flight
    and
    B) Look suitably Blown Up.
    and
    C) Have space for those extra zones.

Like a lot of folks probably underestimate how much work went into the revamp in Cata because it wasn't just slapping HD graphics and then updating quests, it was a total rebuild job.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

You read again.

Revive

Answer that.
    My dear, you are wrong, as "revive" means to restore to life OR consciousness. You can be revived from a state of unconsciousness such as coma or the likes of it.

If you still struggle with that nuance despite our numerous explanations, I highly suggest you check out the various dictionnaries covering the equally various meaning of that precise word.

You read again.

Revive

Answer that.
    We revive people who are not dead all the time, that's the point of resuscitation. The book makes it clear that the Aspects could not put Chromatus down that's why they imprisoned him. Why would you imprison something that's dead? Inanimate means not capable of animation, that is, motion. Chromatus is just unconscious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I can't decide if that whole thing was done on purpose or not, I guess this confirms it was a blunder? Idk...
    Maybe it was an April Fool's joke that was just not discovered in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I can't decide if that whole thing was done on purpose or not, I guess this confirms it was a blunder? Idk...
    Kinda pointless at this point, IMO. Now that people found it removing it doesn't achieve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Kinda pointless at this point, IMO. Now that people found it removing it doesn't achieve anything.
    I agree, it gives even more credibility to it kind of

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Naw its clearly red. The purple tint is just from the bad lighting in the photo..

She has the exact same horns and frills and spikes as Alexstrazsa as well as the same gold ornaments on her horns.

Close but not quite

At least in my eyes though I could be blind

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I always like to point out that it wasn't even redoing every zone. It was a recreation of every zone. One of the devs said that basically they just deleted the entire EK/Kalimdor file and rebuilt it from scratch to make it

A) Compatible for Flight
    and
    B) Look suitably Blown Up.
    and
    C) Have space for those extra zones.

Like a lot of folks probably underestimate how much work went into the revamp in Cata because it wasn't just slapping HD graphics and then updating quests, it was a total rebuild job.
    Yes, that is what I meant.

I have noted how even zones like Silithius which have all the same quests and very little changes were monstrous tasks. Even porting over quests required extensive work to basically rebuild every quest so the new map coordinates, triggers, etc. It's why Wrathgate Battle for Undercity just had to be let go.

It's also why they can't just simply plop over the TBC starting zones - especially as they've been piling on Artifact quests, Allied Races unlock quests and Heritage Armor quests in them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    It might not be, I haven't thought about it too much until just now.

For comparison, here's Bayard Wu's illustration of Alexstrasza from 4 years ago—who I suspect is also the artist behind this key art due to the similar way they paint dragons.

-image snip-

They actually look quite different. The purple-ish dragon in the key art looks more like a male dragon to me.
    They did a slight re-design to her mortal form, stands to reason the dragon form would get it too. Besides the general shape of rthe jaws being more slim, it has all the exact same features.. Two Gold ornaments on each of the big horns, in the exact same spot, the two small protruding chin spikes, the cheeks frills, and the nose horn that 'also' sports a gold ornament

It would be weird for a Dragon to look almost 1:1 identical to her but.....not be her

5+ Year Old Account
    So what does it mean. Explain it. How can you be inanimate, but not dead? Are you telling me all his vital signs are still there? His heart is still beating? Blood is circulating through his veins? Is he getting fed? Does he poop? While being inanimate?
    Dude, chill out drink a beer and come back when you are ready to have a discussion. Since you came all you did was complain about your poorly researched ideas and agressively demanded answers from everyone.

But just to indulge you one last time the way I understand is that it wasn't truly alive to begin with, therefor it can't be qualified as dead either. It was an experiment by Nefarian that got pumped full of magic by the Twilight Hammer untill it started to move. Much like the Old Gods Chromatus doesn't really operate with the same way when it comes to life and death. But that might be utter bullshit as that's just my interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    re·vive
    /rəˈvīv/
    Learn to pronounce
    verb
    restore to life or consciousness.

Alexstrazsa herself at the end of the book flat out states Chromatus isn't really dead
    So he has been unconscious for 10 years now? You're telling me they were able to knock that dragon unconscious for 10 years but weren't able to kill it? And in the meantime they're feeding it so it can stay alive?

Does any of this make sense?

Furthermore, whether he is unconscious or dead, it's both the same in the end in regards to how much of a threat he is. Whether you need to revive him from unconsciousness or resurrect him from death as an undead, it's both equally possible and puts him into roughly the same position.

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    Yes, that is what I meant.

I have noted how even zones like Silithius which have all the same quests and very little changes were monstrous tasks. Even porting over quests required extensive work to basically rebuild every quest so the new map coordinates, triggers, etc. It's why Wrathgate Battle for Undercity just had to be let go.

It's also why they can't just simply plop over the TBC starting zones - especially as they've been piling on Artifact quests, Allied Races unlock quests and Heritage Armor quests in them as well.
    Yeah I think a revamp would just have to be a fully separate continent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    At least in my eyes though I could be blind
    Nah, you're right, the dragon in the key art doesn't look like Alexstrasza in most official artwork we've seen until now. But it could just be that they've redesigned her model to look that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Dude, chill out drink a beer and come back when you are ready to have a discussion.
    You're the one that has nothing of relevance to say, go back to school child.

So he has been unconscious for 10 years now? You're telling me they were able to knock that dragon unconscious for 10 years but weren't able to kill it? And in the meantime they're feeding it so it can stay alive?

Does any of this make sense?

Furthermore, whether he is unconscious or dead, it's both the same in the end in regards to how much of a threat he is. Whether you need to revive him from unconsciousness or resurrect him from death as an undead, it's both equally possible and puts him into roughly the same position.
    It's locked in an arcane prison so it's probably in stasis.