Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    The playerbase is majority casual and honestly not all of them go meta, this is the great thing about FFXIV if you want to be meta you can if you want to play the class you enjoy then you just play it, it works well in FFXIV why wouldnt it here?
    Far more than is remotely sensible do. Yes, for most of them it won't make a meaningful difference. They'll still expect it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Yes absolutely, FFXIV seems to have nailed the alt friendlyness by eliminating alts altogether and it works extremely well.
    Not as much as you might think.

Namely, gearing alt jobs is a nightmare as it requires you to get the WEEKLY drops on every single one, and for the melees alone, there are THREE different sets for them. Not to mention EVERY job requires currency gear which is super hard to come by and is never unlocked.

This is not even to get into the logistics of lugging around all those gear sets and the fact that there (currently) aren't enough transmog slots to have a transmog for every job.

At least in current WoW, you aren't timegated with gear (mostly) and can spam M+ to get 265+ ilvl easy.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Yeah Dragon Knight is a week point for me as well. Like this is supposed to be the "We are sorry, please come back" fanservice expansion. Why bother with a class nobody has even heared of? Why not give us a new race instead?
    Yeah I think a dragon related race (most likely the Draconid imo) would be interesting. I do wonder why they'd join either of the factions though. Pandas never were properly integrated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    You could but at the same time two of the dragonflights overlap a ton with existing classes. How a blue dragon would play is basically a mage and how a green dragon would play would be very similar to druid except maybe more poison oriented abilities. Red/Black/Bronze could be unique takes.

A dragon class is definitely more easy though you are right. The baseline class could have a breath ability that changes based upon your spec.
    Eh, black is pretty much the fire and earth part of Elemental Shaman.
    And so far all Dragonsworn have specifically been sworn to one flight. Not all of them.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-04-03 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh I fully believe that alts should radically be changed in WoW. If it was up to me, you would be able to roll an alt at max level or close to it (and getting to max level after going through a short and unique experience). We'd have the MoP feature of getting double rep if your main has exalted (and something akin to the double rate of valor gain once one of your characters had hit the valor cap). Heck I'd consider having gear be BoA instead of BoP like with ESO.
    Honestly that would be really nice. I got one to 60, and the thought of leveling 11 more alts from 48 to 60 was both daunting and disheartening, so I didn't bother. Usually I get 2-3 to cap and then slowly brings the others up over the life of an expansion. But the SL experience was so awful I didn't bother. (I mean I got my rogue to 60, picked my covenant,immediately regretted it and quit so that didn't help lmao)

4 new classes with one spec is a great way to not really solve the current issues but just give a bunch more issues down the line. Blizzard has already stated that all the classes and specs make balancing harder and any additions would just add to that. All classes must also be taken forward forevermore which means every new content will need to consider those four new classes. In fact, those ones will be weighted and scrutinized even more because if any of the specs aren't ideal players will complain about it incessantly as they don't even have the option to switch to a different spec. Think of feral's issues with getting in to Mythic+ (which extends to much more than just the meta) and how they do have the option to go balance. A single spec class can't do that.

To make matters worse, what if they ever want to do class halls again? That is still four more class halls, with 4 more class hall storylines and aesthetics and mounts to do. That is still four more class armor sets to make every tier now that they are bringing those back. We all have an idea of how much resources Blizzard is going to put in to any bit of content. It is still limited and all these things going forward will take away from other content.

Just introducing one class with three specs though doesn't have these issues to the same degree. They still get the huge publicity of advertising a new class (and said new class won't feel incomplete with just one spec) but a part from balancing they can combine a lot of resources into just specs. The different specs don't need an alternate class hall or alternate class armor or mount necessarily (at worst it'll be a recolor).

The classes still do a good job maintaining their class fantasy even with specs with Legion being a great example of that. Making a class just one spec in interest of "class fantasy" has too many downsides for what is a very risky and possibly unnecessary upside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    I think the leak only got the name right. Same thing as with Shadowlands as someone else pointed out earlier. It's a name that would have been used for a leak at some point, seeing how many we got.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    The OP being banned confirms it as fake to me. I bet whoever it was is extremely excited now that everyone thinks his old leak is real.
    Dalaran 3 is enough for me to dismiss the Dragonflight thread as someone tossing darts and scoring lucky with the big throw (an obvious title). Once for novelty, twice for nostalgia... but three expansions in Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Honestly that would be really nice. I got one to 60, and the thought of leveling 11 more alts from 48 to 60 was both daunting and disheartening, so I didn't bother. Usually I get 2-3 to cap and then slowly brings the others up over the life of an expansion. But the SL experience was so awful I didn't bother. (I mean I got my rogue to 60, picked my covenant,immediately regretted it and quit so that didn't help lmao)
    Legion really made it worthwhile because there was so much unique content and beautiful cosmetics for each class. But I'm afraid that Legion might be a really hard standard for them to meet.

Eh, black is pretty much the fire and earth part of Elemental Shaman.
    They kinda are, yeah, just that they could would be tanking. Unless they add a shaman tank spec which I still hold out hope for then a black dragon tanking spec is the next closest thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    Not as much as you might think.

Namely, gearing alt jobs is a nightmare as it requires you to get the WEEKLY drops on every single one, and for the melees alone, there are THREE different sets for them. Not to mention EVERY job requires currency gear which is super hard to come by and is never unlocked.

This is not even to get into the logistics of lugging around all those gear sets and the fact that there (currently) aren't enough transmog slots to have a transmog for every job.

At least in current WoW, you aren't timegated with gear (mostly) and can spam M+ to get 265+ ilvl easy.
    Wasn't really too bad at the beginning for me. Currently have all 5 roles at cap and all pretty close to each other in ilevel (plus I also have drg/rpr at 90 and they share gear). Like pretty much near the best I could do without doing savages, and if I was doing savages I would not do more than 2 gear types anyway. When I raided a lot in WoW, I did... 1 tank and 1 dps, for example. But I'm not a heavy savage raider, though I did some in ShB.

- - - Updated - - -

Legion really made it worthwhile because there was so much unique content and beautiful cosmetics for each class. But I'm afraid that Legion might be a really hard standard for them to meet.
    The expansions I had a lot of alts at cap were generally... Wrath (6 then 8 by the end, first time I really alted), then MoP, and then Legion. (also WoD but that was the only thing to do in wod lmao)

I had a thought and just out of curiosity, I went and compared Dragonflight leak and the Ashes of Galakaros leak, since there was that one dude who said some of the stuff in the Ashes was right and some was wrong. I figure I could match up what was similar to see if there was any potential overlap..

And I gotta say..

I think both Ashes and Dragonflight leaks might both be right, just at different stages of development.

The things that are similar are actually pretty massive.

Both have a new Uld Facility with Elune and Titan lore.
    Both have partial world revamps, though starting at different places.
    Both have Tinkerers, obviously.

But I think the most interesting thing of Galakaros is that it has a bit about Anduin going into self imposed exile. Which seems to be what happened in the Sylvanas book

Both have dates involved as well. Feb 18th in Galakaros press conference, and the announcement for the announcement on Dragonflight
    Last edited by Ferlion; 2022-04-03 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    I had a thought and just out of curiosity, I went and compared Dragonflight leak and the Ashes of Galakaros leak, since there was that one dude who said some of the stuff in the Ashes was right and some was wrong. I figure I could match up what was similar to see if there was any potential overlap..

And I gotta say..

I think both Ashes and Dragonflight leaks might both be right, just at different stages of development.

But I think the most interesting thing of Galakaros is that it has a bit about Anduin going into self imposed exile. Which seems to be what happened in the Sylvanas book
    These leaks are fun but sadly just smart renditions of fans dreams. We do not have the resources to pull off a new class sadly and our story team isnt large enough nor paid enough to write compelling narratives.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post

And I gotta say..

Wow, it's almost like both are made up of generic fan guesses based on what's been happening lately.

Quote Originally Posted by visualdave View Post
    These leaks are fun but sadly just smart renditions of fans dreams. We do not have the resources to pull off a new class sadly and our story team isnt large enough nor paid enough to write compelling narratives.
    World of Warcraft A New World
    6 player dungeons
    level squish
    15 man mythics
    mythic+ raids
    3 raids
    7 dungeons
    2 new arenas
    1 new battleground
    dragon isles
    spear wielding dragonsworn, first ranged hero dps
    2-4 new or returning spells per class

mini raid type dragon dungeon, different boss every week
    dragonia island

massive dynamic raid
    new black dragonflight isle, kill xalatath

emerald dream raid and raidzone
    To put this comment into perspective/debunk it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Wasn't really too bad at the beginning for me. Currently have all 5 roles at cap and all pretty close to each other in ilevel (plus I also have drg/rpr at 90 and they share gear). Like pretty much near the best I could do without doing savages, and if I was doing savages I would not do more than 2 gear types anyway. When I raided a lot in WoW, I did... 1 tank and 1 dps, for example. But I'm not a heavy savage raider, though I did some in ShB.
    No yeah for non-raiding the gear system is actually pretty intuitive, you can buy a full set of crafted gear, and get normal raid equivalents to target certain stats. And if you have the gil you can penta-meld it for more. I like it a lot, WoW has something kinda similar with the 232 gear currently.

But for raid bis, making chest/legs take 2 weeks of currency PLUS a weekly raid drop to upgrade it is just insane, and it wouldn't be a problem if all the roles shared gear. But I am a SAM/NIN/RPR player which means I had to take weeks to get BiS for all three while my buddies that play Tank/Healer got bis and could flex all the jobs in their role. Just makes no sense to me.

Though I do really like the idea of getting a book after you kill the bosses that can be redeemed for raid items. Just means no matter what you win you still made progress towards BiS. That's like the only thing XIV raiding does better and is on my wishlist for 10.0.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Look at my signature. One of my main hobbies while at Blizz was to make these leaks and troll people. At the office we all actually enjoyed sprinkling tidbits of real information.

Thanks for the eagle eye viewing though.

Edit: That class was actually planned until we scrapped it mid 2020. The Dragon Isles and Level Squish were hints I purposefully put for Shadowlands and Dragonflight retrospectively. I was laid off in 2021 and no longer care.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Wow, it's almost like both are made up of generic fan guesses based on what's been happening lately.
    Sure, but I think the bit that is the outlier is the Self imposed exile with Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Also, here is my compiled details that I know from what we had achieved up until early 2021 I was laid off.

Dragonflight is the current name for the expansion and is only a placeholder however we are expecting it to stick (we need to copyright our title within the next couple weeks).

The expansion has, from even my perspective, fixed so many issues. We tried to do another Legion

Raiding in this expansion is getting an overhaul. There will still be the three difficulties of Normal, Heroic and Mythic however rewards obtained from Mythic are now strictly cosmetic with gear items having just a few more item levels. Our theory is that the top percent of players only need a small percent of power increase. Normal is going to become far easier, raids are to have better layouts and Heroic is going to be just harder than the current Normal difficulty we roll out. No Raid Finder until the next tier - where you will be able to que up for the previous raid in any difficulty.

Dungeons are changing too. Dungeons will no longer scale with there being 4 leveling Dungeons and 2 max level dungeons. We are removing max level Normal dungeons unless they are the two unlocked at max level. You will be able to do three Heroic dungeons per day and it will unlock you a daily chest containing anything from a Heroic item drop to a Normal Raid difficulty item. You can complete these dungeons via the group finder or can use the search tool if you are looking for specific items.

You will pick your own Dragonflight. However there is only one singular hub for all flights and no power gain. You can however gain access to flying in the zone your flight represents and go on story campaigns.

There are 5 new zones. 3 leveling zones and one leveling / max level zone alongside a strict max level zone similar to Suramar. A single Dragonflight represents each zone.

The black dragonflight play a massive role in this expansion in terms of an enemy. Similar to Mists, there is no clear enemy at the start but as we investigate we realize that corruption is taking place and an alliance is forming between the elemental planes and the majority of the Black Dragonflight.

Wrathion remains uncorrupted initially. He is a potential for the final boss.

Some class covenant abilities will be ingrained into the classes. Items in Dragonflight are going to have Bind on Equip perks which are collected as Patterns when acquired. You can then apply these patterns to replace the given perk on your item for a cost of a new currency.

One new row of talents. No new class.

Ask any questions you want.

Also, here is my compiled details that I know from what we had achieved up until early 2021 I was laid off.
    May I ask where this was originally posted?

well, thanks for your service, if taken at face value.

May I then about the title. Were any other non-placeholder ideas floated around you'd be into sharing? Or was Dragonflight the only codeword you all passed around for that very reason of secrecy/indecision?
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

I don't like the idea of story campaigns unless I can very easily switch between them on one character. The way the covenant stories was handled was a huge reason I quit.