10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Damn it.

I really like this idea.
    It's good to see I'm not the only one on board the Elune Is A Dragon tinfoil train. There are dozens of us!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    No, we don't in respect of this. Assassination and Sub could be rolled into one spec/theme. Outlaw is fine as it is. A third spec for a Rogue could and would ideally be a tank based Rogue centered around evasion, or a Bard as a healer/dps hybrid.

Fire Mage isn't really necessary either as I feel like Destro Warlock fits the same theme and aesthetic. So for Mage instead of Fire, we could have Chronomancer as a healer, or a Blood Mage as a healer.
    As someone whose favourite mage spec is fire, please take this idea and just bury it away where it cannot see the light of day!
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I think it would be a great way to actually deliver on all the mystery behind Elune's identity instead of demoting her to "sister of a Covenant leader we will never see again", which is what they tried to do in SL.

How would you go wrong with making her into a Lunar Dragon Goddess that created the dragonflights? I think it would be cool imo.
    Damn it it's amazing

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    No way to know for sure until the reveal unless something else leaks, but just the fact that so many people have been predicting so many of these the story and zone things and an entirely different poster even came up with the name "Dragonflight" in a thread about guessing the expac's name back in January... I just don't think that leak is real and there is a lot about it I really don't like so I'm sure I'm biased to see evidence against it rather than for it.
    What makes me really suspicious about that "leak" is that two of the micro classes were recently mocked in the April Fools joke. Would they ever add something from April Fools? Sure, they did with Pandaren, but this soon? Pandaren came many years after the April Fools about them. Coming a few weeks after the joke, like in this case, seems a lot less likely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    But why not bring back every class order hall?

It doesn't make sense to leave out the rest.
    Well the leak says you can choose which campaign you want to do (first?), and the main critique point of Legion's class halls was that they were locked to just one class. DK's just got Shadowlands (although they didn't do much sadly, but technically the Ebon Blade was active in both Korthia and Zereth Mortis/Sepulcher), Priests are also easily represented with the Silver Hand, DH's can work together with the Black Harvest. Only Druids/Shamans/Monks have no good representation but than again, we just got Ardenweald and they may be our guides in potential future lifelands / elemental plains content.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    As someone whose favourite mage spec is fire, please take this idea and just bury it away where it cannot see the light of day!
    Agreed, I always go fire on my mage lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    It's good to see I'm not the only one on board the Elune Is A Dragon tinfoil train. There are dozens of us!
    Listen, Eorzea might be my home now but Azeroth and Elune in particular will always be a pull for me and the Lunar Dragonflight sounds REALLY cool

...huh no wonder I was really into certain plot elements in endwalker lmao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Well the leak says you can choose which campaign you want to do (first?), and the main critique point of Legion's class halls was that they were locked to just one class. DK's just got Shadowlands (although they didn't do much sadly, but technically the Ebon Blade was active in both Korthia and Zereth Mortis/Sepulcher), Priests are also easily represented with the Silver Hand, DH's can work together with the Black Harvest. Only Druids/Shamans/Monks have no good representation but than again, we just got Ardenweald and they may be our guides in potential future lifelands / elemental plains content.
    As long as I can pick up one, finish it, and immediately move onto the next without losing any progression or power or having to wait to do any cooldowns, I'm cool with story campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I suppose so. There's just the potential risk of alienating players of the classes that aren't being represented. There's also the issue of why are the newly introduced micro classes not seemingly having their own order hall esque factions playing a role?

The more I think about it, out of all the zones from this alleged leak, Balor is the one that's interesting me the most. Previously it was the one I was least interested in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I mean I like that idea except Elune is WQs sister so she's a much higher level of being than a Dragon. So she can't be one at minimum she's one of the constructs of the first ones.
    I don't think having the form of a dragon should necessarily mean that she's somehow of a lower level.

Also there has been some speculation that Elune may not be literally the Winter Queen's sister, but even if she was, I don't think that's quite enough to break my tinfoil theory yet.

In my mind, Elune can still be a creation of the First Ones while also being the originator of the dragonflights herself. I don't see anything that contradicts it.

Granted, my understanding of the First Ones' lore is a bit iffy as I kind of stopped caring about that bit of the story at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    I mean I like that idea except Elune is WQs sister so she's a much higher level of being than a Dragon. So she can't be one at minimum she's one of the constructs of the first ones.
    It could be that Life deities are sort of a superior incarnation of Wild Gods, with Elune being the Super-Wild God from which Proto-Drakes emerged. I much prefer the surreal owl-creature that has been suggested, however, and I much more heavily associate Elune with Owls.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    It could be that Life deities are sort of a superior incarnation of Wild Gods, with Elune being the Super-Wild God from which Proto-Drakes emerged. I much prefer the surreal owl-creature that has been suggested, however, and I much more heavily associate Elune with Owls.
    so leaked elune model

So I'm surprised no one here has mentioned this yet: If Xal'atath is revealed to be an Old God, don't people here realize the enormous implications of this? It means that, for the first time, a Deity took the form of a mortal, but above all else, the form of Void elf. There's never been another instance of Divinity given mortal form, and the fact that the Deity choose a Void elf body is also very significant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    so leaked elune model

Found some leaked artwork of Elune's dragon form too:

7+ Year Old Account
    Yogg says hello.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    So I'm surprised no one here has mentioned this yet: If Xal'atath is revealed to be an Old God, don't people here realize the enormous implications of this? It means that, for the first time, a Deity took the form of a mortal, but above all else, the form of Void elf. There's never been another instance of Divinity given mortal form, and the fact that the Deity choose a Void elf body is also very significant.
    rly, tune down, its difficulty to even read this kind of thing.

Yog assumed the form of a vrykul woman and old gods are not "deities"

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Yogg says hello.

Don't engage with them.

1+ Year Old Account
    Dragon life!

Do not engage.

There's no proof that it was the actual body of the vrykul woman or just an illusion. You can't prove it, can you?

7+ Year Old Account
    It's more likely they'll tie dragons to fae drakes somehow.
    Maybe Elune used them as a template form when the Aspects got empowered.

Would be funny if the pseudo dragon creatures turned out to be the actual dragons all along!

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Wowpedia makes it sound like she didn't "choose" a void elf, but rather the high elf whose deceased body she possessed became a void elf when Xal'atath possessed her.

Xal'atath [...] freed herself from the blade by possessing a deceased elven body.
    Inani is killed by the adventurer at the behest of Xal'atath, who then coaxes them into unleashing the Void Stone's power, giving her the strength needed to escape the blade and possess Inanis's body, corrupting it in the process.